Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 09/25/11 05:13 AM
Doubtful. It's hard enough meeting anyone local, but anything long distance would be tons worse. I have the addition of animals that I wouldn't be getting rid of to move.

Also, using the UK as an example, I wouldn't be able to bring my dogs in, even If I could afford it. Your entire banned breeds thing totally screws me at this point in time (15 yrs or so). I have a Dogo Argentino and two pit bulls, and I couldn't risk them being brought over, only to be told they weren't allowed and had to be put down. According to what I read, I wouldn't even be given the chance to ship them back to the US, which is kind of crappy, IMO.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 09/24/11 11:04 AM
Valhalla Rising SUCKED!!! Was seriously unimpressed and I still haven't lived down renting it!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 09/24/11 11:02 AM

My latest fascination on the fix up shows is corkboard. You can unroll or tile with it. I saw this fascinating show where it was in like big puzzle pieces. I haven't been this fascinated since working with Lego pieces. I always wanted to build a real house with Lego pieces.

Haven't tried corkboard yet, but did try the paintable dry erase stuff, and love it! Easy as pie, and has held up really well!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 09/24/11 11:01 AM

That's hysterical Queene!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 09/24/11 10:51 AM
Watched a movie so I could toss it out in the mail this morning. Ran into town, got home, washed the car, checking a few things out here, eating a late lunch, maybe a nap, another movie, or a book. I'm in a funk with books, so I don't know if that will pass. A bit later, out to fill water tanks and take a walk in the woods, harass some goats and horses. A lazy day for me. laugh laugh

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 09/23/11 04:44 PM
LOLLOL! Hmmm, I really like that idea!

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 09/23/11 02:12 PM

I've had so many ideas when it comes to remodeling my house but I haven't been able to pick up a sledge hammer and "tear down" anything...It just seems too sad and too mean to "rip" anything apart...Maybe I'm just too sentimental! I cringe when I see people tear down walls or bust-up cabinets (etc.) on remodeling shows...But in the end I usually admire the "finished designs!"...I enjoy creating and building things in general. But when it comes to my house I feel "gun-shy!" (Or "sledge hammer shy!")...I guess I must have some "conservative sides" when it comes to tampering with my house. Maybe I'll be able to work through my fears and phobias in time!

Fascinating! I've never understood that. People who can't do things in color, or make changes to their houses have always made me curious as to why they were uncomfortable.

I love watching remodeling shows, and making or changing things. Even if it's little things. But big things are fun too!

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 09/23/11 02:08 PM
Thanks for the comments, y'all. Food for thought and that.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 09/23/11 02:01 PM
Typical Jason Statham movie, lots of action, violence, kick *** fighting! Thoroughly enjoyed it!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/22/11 11:19 AM
Do they ever catch you off-guard?

I saw an ex in the store today. It's been 3yrs since I've seen him, and it was a sucky breakup. I thought I was totally over him, so was somewhat surprised at the kick in the gut. I actually am over him, (really!) though surprisingly still miss him. Considering he was the one who was married, and that's why we broke up. I've managed not to see him even out and about the local towns in the area.

Anyways, it's left me in a bit of a spin.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/22/11 11:15 AM
Try this for a change. "So, I'm thinking this, this and this for a date. Work for you?"

You've laid out what you want to do, and still asked what she thought. Changes can be made.

If I'm always asked, because he has no idea, or imagination, then it's a bit irritating. If he asks, but has a plan, and throws something out, then it's never been a big deal. I don't want to do it all, but I find it irritating if he does it with no changes being allowed (as in all the time, not on occasion).

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/22/11 11:10 AM

Anything that gives me the chance to talk to them and get to know them better. No movies! Movies are not good for first dates, as you can't sit and talk.

Yes, and also a bit creepy to sit in the dark next to a stranger.

Only if they start breathing heavy. rofl

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/22/11 11:05 AM

Well, I can tell you what I know. I can't say it's exactly the male perspective, but here it is, anyway:

As a man living in Ohio, a man is expected to be forward and make the first move, but really it's not as formal as you might think, and neither is it so difficult; I will explain.

First, let me say that I suck at talking up a woman and taking her home in some meat-market environment. But I don't think that's really what we're talking about, here, so allow me to continue.

A couple of posters have inquired what a good date might be: dinner, movie, etc. The consensus was, and I agree, that something casual where you can talk is appropriate.

I would like to add that the activity should be something that YOU like to do, and something that YOU were going to go do, anyway. If you're not comfortable being in public by yourself, treating yourself to dinner, or enjoying a live band by yourself, then you need to start doing that. Being comfortable with yourself is a great prerequisite to inviting someone else to join along.

That also decreases the rejection factor if your offer isn't taken. Heck, you were going to go anyway. People are more likely to join you, or even to bring friends if a) they are interested, but b) have the same fears you have about it being a big scary "date".

Meanwhile, be positive and fun in all that you do. That's a very attractive trait for friends and lovers, and when you're all alone... you can be your own party.

Good luck!

Nicely said

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 09/21/11 10:58 AM

The quiet can be maddening here until you get used to it. I guess one just has to make peace with it so to speak. I used to want to be a hermit and I got my wish. That is until it is hunting season and then it sounds like a war zone around here.

All the animals must be dead around your place. "Quiet" country life is an oxymoron! Aside from the chatter of the chickens, turkeys, and goats, I've got crows, hawks, squirrels, trees creaking and groaning, wind through the leaves, etc. Not particularly quiet, though much nicer then city traffic.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/20/11 03:39 PM

(at least in Texas) you don't have to carry ID to walk, etc. But if you get pulled over (suspected in a crime or something) then you do have to prove who you are. Cops can search you by the name you give but it's quicker to show an ID or DL

However, I've never had a problem with them taking either my SSN or DL, because I have it memorized.

I think I forgot my ID once. It was creepy, I felt naked, and not in a good way.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/20/11 03:33 PM

I like machetes and chainsaws, personally. LOL! Though a sledgehammer comes in handy. I've got to get the old chicken pen and house knocked done, and will probably have to use the sledge.

if your horses are kickers just back em up and let have at it :thumbsup:

LOL! Fortunately, or unfortunately, they aren't. But the building is kinda scary, and I don't have enough tea tree oil to dose and cuts and slashes.

Though I don't put it past both horses, and especially dork horse, Gentry, to "help". As long as he doesn't run off with the sledgehammer, it's all good.

run off with the sledge hammer frustrated
sounds like some goats i use to have, they always grabbed my tools and took off with em

EXACTLY!!! rofl rofl

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/20/11 03:28 PM

I like machetes and chainsaws, personally. LOL! Though a sledgehammer comes in handy. I've got to get the old chicken pen and house knocked done, and will probably have to use the sledge.

if your horses are kickers just back em up and let have at it :thumbsup:

LOL! Fortunately, or unfortunately, they aren't. But the building is kinda scary, and I don't have enough tea tree oil to dose and cuts and slashes.

Though I don't put it past both horses, and especially dork horse, Gentry, to "help". As long as he doesn't run off with the sledgehammer, it's all good.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/20/11 03:19 PM
@ Tribbles, love the pic.

@OP, must be where you're at? My Costco is a pretty cool place, and random strangers are really helpful. The store folks are cool too!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/20/11 03:14 PM

It really depends on the person who is trying to get to know me. Some people I get along really well with right off the bat, so for them, I would be easy to get to know. Some I don't hit it off well with right away, so they probably would not think I'm easy to get to know.

Same here. drinker

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/20/11 03:11 PM