Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 04/14/12 01:00 PM
Took in 11 semi-wild mallard ducks. A friend had rescued two off the lake, they bred, and had a large group. She couldn't keep them anymore, asked if we'd take them.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 04/13/12 01:00 PM
Hahahaha! No, these aren't true for me. I know some gals who are somewhat like this, and know a fair amount of men who this couldn't be describing too. And the guys sit around bitching that they wonder why they don't have anyone.

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 04/13/12 12:43 PM
My only peeve with Timeline was that you had to go back and individually edit things, rather then a lump sum button. I'm enjoying the "cover picture" part, though.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 04/11/12 08:25 PM
I will second what Lady said about not being interested and for those reasons, and add that I won't do anal sex. Tried, didn't like.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 04/11/12 10:44 AM
Animals, kids, religion, distance and then general attitude are what ends up as the main problems.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 04/11/12 10:40 AM
Maybe she wanted a break from you and the daily life. I know it's harder for me to take a day off and do nothing, and that's usually the day I get pestered by people the most.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 04/10/12 06:48 AM
Zen in Archery by Neil Claremon

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 04/09/12 10:21 AM
Atheism: A Reader by S.T. Joshi

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 04/08/12 04:06 PM
Truth!

Because really, who wants to date and get to know someone and then find out there is something there that's a deal-breaker. That makes it all a complete waste of time.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 04/08/12 04:03 PM

Yes. Live in Texas. Didn't get the tornadoes south of Dallas, but have had them bouncing around, the fires from last year, drought, the snowstorms from a couple of years ago.
you should be glad you didn't get them:) yes droughts are bad i guess for you guys? flowerforyou waving :thumbsup:

Very bad, especially with stupid people setting things on fire. Also makes it hard keeping critters fed when there's no grass!

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 04/08/12 04:02 PM

Last year we set a record with 123 consecutive day over 100 degrees with no rain. It was bad weather in slow motion.

This year, we got rain....everything is green but it has hit the 90's for the past three weeks..our two weeks of spring is over....summer is right on us. Suck it up troopers.

I'm really hoping not to have that again! I miss my cattle!

We squeaked through on no hay for the horses this year.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 04/08/12 03:57 PM
The Devils Colony by James Rollins

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 04/08/12 03:56 PM
Dangerous Beauty

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 04/07/12 01:28 PM

I Wonder if he had starved from eating only oatmeal,, if the outrage would be the same

its tragic anyhow, that parents can be so ignorant about childrens needs,,,many more than this couple arent aware of dietary needs,, but this ended tragicly

The boy went from 90 pounds to 60 pounds. The parents were not ignorant of his dietary needs. They knew they were starving him.

I dont know if thats true. I think ignorance is quite possible because I saw something similar with a couple who had only fed their child oatmeal,,because they thought it was healthy enough, and he was simialrly losing weight.

I think they went to a hospital before he had lost thirty pounds, but he had dropped about fifteen. They could have been this couple had they waited just a few days longer to seek help.....ignorance

Sorry, they were doing this as a form of punishment. It went to far. Doesn't matter if it's bread, oatmeal, grits, or what, it's still wrong.

Someone thinking of diet issues is a different story. Maybe not right, but, one hopes, not intentional.

Where in anyone's head is it right to starve a child to death because he kicked someone in the stomach and she miscarried triplets?! If you were that enraged, then taking the kid to another family member till you cooled off, and then going to counseling to find out what's wrong would make far more sense.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 04/07/12 10:55 AM

Time for ol sparky to do a double tap

Yup, yup!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 04/07/12 10:52 AM
Yes. Live in Texas. Didn't get the tornadoes south of Dallas, but have had them bouncing around, the fires from last year, drought, the snowstorms from a couple of years ago.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 04/07/12 10:51 AM
10 good shoes, and then a duplicate of cowboy boots, because they're the crummy work ones, and running shoes for the same reason. So 12 total?

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 04/07/12 10:47 AM

I graduated with Aaron. We went out a couple of times as friends after I'd moved back to Ennis, 7 years ago. He always talked about his son. I'm still trying to work my head around this. Totally floored and appalled!

surprised

Yep! That's basically how I feel, twitch and all!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 04/07/12 10:40 AM
I think you're confusing lonely and alone. I'm not lonely, and am usually much happier without someone then with someone. I like being alone, though it would be nice to find someone to go out with occasionally.

Though in truth, I'm not really alone either, since I've got animals. But they do a far better job of just being able to sit quietly and relax. Most people have a frantic energy, and can't be still or be quiet.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 04/07/12 10:33 AM
White Rainbow by Lex Fonteyne.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25