Community > Posts By > RustyKitty

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 04/01/17 12:44 PM

What is it that can soothe your jangled nerves? explode

Personally, I go out on my deck and watch the swans in the canal.

That does sound tranquil..the water, the birds chirping.. sipping on a appertif and drawing on a doobie..ahhhh peacefulness..

He never said that. Stop trying to put weed into his mouth. Pass it in this direction glasses

puff, puff, pass.. here ya go..smokin

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 04/01/17 12:41 PM
The radio,...a public radio channel.. CKUA (listen to it on the internet)..Country hour is over and now its Jazz time.. neither are my style of music, but I can sit and listen to it anyway..appreciate it...I mean, its only an hour.. I got patience.

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 04/01/17 12:37 PM
um, it says you just joined.. where have you been wondering for months?

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 04/01/17 12:30 PM

What is it that can soothe your jangled nerves? explode

Personally, I go out on my deck and watch the swans in the canal.

That does sound tranquil..the water, the birds chirping.. sipping on a appertif and drawing on a doobie..ahhhh peacefulness..

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 04/01/17 09:42 AM
My crocus' are up and blooming! spring is here for sure

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 04/01/17 08:12 AM
I think its best to divulge certain information on a "need to know" basis..until a firm relationship has been established... another phrase comes to mind... 'easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission'..

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 03/31/17 07:02 PM
I got nothing
Raised by both parents who were upstanding in their community..kinda like the 'Leave it to Beaver'..happy childhood..helpful parents..stability.. They set a great example and guide with which to raise my children and my own growth..

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 03/31/17 06:56 PM
So meet him somewhere in the middle for a late afternoon coffee...if you hit it off, it could turn into him buying you dinner for more conversation..(and yes, I would make him pay)..If not, no harm, no foul..
and yea, don't blurt out your assets..

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 03/31/17 05:42 PM

oh, you are so right about your thoughts on this issue. I do smile and acknowledge people trying to make idle conversation. But..as you said, any woman can tell the difference between just a friendly hello and a poor attempt at a pick up line. Of course, I love attention (who doesn't)
but there is a time and place for it. The grocery store, gas stations, auto repair shops or anywhere where you are alone always feel so vulnerable to overly aggressive men. The wrong signal or look can can turn dangerous very quickly. I really dislike that I have to be so cautious all the time, but that's just the way it is.

Throughout the course of the day,while we are out and about working or running our errands, we could be interacting with others, whether it is in the waiting room waiting for a tire repair, or yakking with the UPS driver, waiting in line at the bank/store,the person behind the counter..the other person beside or waiting with you, could be the one for you .. why are these not the right place for chatting up with others..??
I am not sure what you mean by 'overly aggressive men'... are they trying to grope you? or verbally persistent in asking for your phone number? some men don't take a hint very well perhaps?
A lady should always be aware of her surroundings, for sure! to be safe!

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 03/31/17 12:59 PM

I have to say, these forums are greats d I appreciate the honesty. No I don't know what I'm looking for exactly. It's been 9 months and the last 5 years of our marriage had no intimacy due to his health. I had to tube feed him for a year and a half.. sex was the last thing on my mind. A few months after I sorta came out from the fog I was (still am) SO lonely. But I do have needs and wants and since I don't know what I'm looking for I feel it's better to say FWB and then if it grows into more that's the natural course and I'd be thrilled. I guess it feels like maybe I'm not getting anyone's hopes up that way.. I don't know. But I had to stop being intimate with the love of my life at 35. My prime. I long for companionship again... thanks for your feedback .. :). Have a blessed night

I've been a widow for 8 months... same as you...took care of ill husband for years/no sex...yadda yadda yadda....We were marred 34 years..
I joined this site to see what was in the dating pool ... just looking and yes, it is hard to make the move to know strangers...
I've ended up seeing an old boyfriend by way of a chance meeting...
Keep scrolling and looking...something will come your way
Stay safe

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 03/31/17 11:37 AM
I don't understand the "dressing like your are available" ...
Different styles for different people...
Some people are less reserved than others and it may show in their style of dress :dress:, how they wear their hair, if they choose makeup :lipstick: or not... I don't think it speaks of availability or not...
Now if she's wearing a ring on her third digit on the left hand...that might get mean she's not available but she's a confident, stylish woman even though...
Some days we dress down, sometimes up...depends upon the day, the mood, etc...

I

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 03/31/17 04:26 AM
I dress for me not anyone else...

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 03/31/17 04:24 AM
I am in a LDR ...
We are only an 8 hour drive away from each other, or a 1 hour flight...
We talk frequently throughout the day .. he calls it 'visiting' ..with updates of what's going on in his day ..
We physically see each other every 4 -5 weeks or so for a week at a time..
If he wasn't an old boyfriend from when I was 16...and lived across the world ... I don't think it would work for me
I require physical contact...
blushing

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 03/28/17 08:09 PM
I rarely remember them...

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 03/28/17 04:27 PM
I am unscathed so far..

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 03/28/17 03:55 PM
Edited by RustyKitty on Tue 03/28/17 03:56 PM

I am asking if you have the capacity to accept/tolerate less chronic but still challenging conditions like your mate being a workaholic, or someone who doesnt stand up for you when inlaws are disrespectful, or someone who doesnt help around the house, or someone who is excessively messy/disorganised, or someone who is poor at communicating their feelings or desires, or who shuts down or gets reclusive during stress or conflict etc , who is cheap or who participates but who shows no initiative, or even someone who doesnt make the effort you would like in looking their best.

Can you accept any of those kinds of shortcomings in your mate if they never changed?

If you can accept it, how do you cope with it?

And I know this is a weird question, but if you can't tolerate any of the above conditions, what shortcomings can you tolerate or accept?

I think communication would be key in the above situations..
If they are a poor communicator, it would behoove you to try to get them to communicate by addressing that issue along with the others.
I have found that if you talk and express YOUR feelings and desires and ask questions about THEIRs, they may open up as long as they don't feel threatened or ashamed..
Continuing on and saying nothing doesn't change things for the better..it creates animosity..
disrespectful inlaws? I would verbally express my displeasure at not being stood up for, that's for sure... A spouse should 'have your back'.
disorganized and no help? I guess I'm a nag, as I'm not his mother..more expressing my displeasure..
so, after communicating and expressing my thoughts and displeasure I'd be wondering what he'd be going to do to change his demeanour... if nothing changed, I'd probably say 'adios'.. Who needs crap like that?
I mean, we all have our shortcomings, but we work on them don't we?

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 03/28/17 03:33 PM
reading, gardening, crafts, listening to music, drinking beer and/or wine, concerts, walks, being with friends, 420 friendly..

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 03/28/17 03:31 PM

women are not responding to me im lonley

Well, I looked at your profile.. Maybe put a picture up of you smiling ?
and in your written part, maybe you could describe yourself more, instead of what you are looking for,(instead of that you like girls that wear short skirts.. just a suggestion..

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 03/28/17 03:22 PM
Forrest Gump would say.. life is like a box of chocolates...

RustyKitty's photo
Mon 03/27/17 08:36 PM
yyay spring has sprung, the grass has rizz, I wonder where the flowers izz..
My tulips are up about 3", the crocus' are also showing their shoots of leaves..
I've started my 'potatoes in a bag', and I've started a few vegetables (inside)..broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, peppers..
Looking forward to see the last of winter..

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25