Community > Posts By > RustyKitty

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 08/07/16 09:24 AM
A Bakers Dozen.. they have no idea.

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 08/07/16 09:15 AM
Edited by RustyKitty on Sun 08/07/16 09:16 AM

Hmmm. A couple months ago you said you are happily married for like 26 years. I even typed that I respected that about you for the hard work it takes. Now your single? Something really bad happen recently? Or is this your alter ego? Hmmmm.

Too bad the marriage is over but nice that you moved on so quickly. Long lost loves can make you remember the "good times" whether they actually occurred or not. :wink:

I was happily married for 34 years..and he passed away about a month ago now.. The last 6 years have been filled with DIMENSIA/ALZHEIMERS...For the last 3 years, he did not know me, our children, friends, family... I turned from wife/lover to caregiver years ago. I lost my 'husband' years ago. It is the longest goodbye ever.
Don't judge me buddy, you've not walked in my shoes.huh rant

RustyKitty's photo
Sun 08/07/16 09:09 AM

I'd like to start with a little about me in case anyone does read this they'll have a little understanding as to why I'm posting this.

I'm a very private person. Shy with men and I'm too embarrassed to admit how long it's been since my last relationship.

Yes, I got my heart broken and decided love wasn't worth the heartache. Of course I was mistaken and the broken heart mended a long time ago. Now I'm ready to get back out there and hopefully find 'The One'. At least I think I am. My question is if you found that one special person and both of you feel the same, what do you hope that person will be like? And, what's your biggest fear?

Personally I hope he's very confident and at least somewhat persistent because I worry I'll grow a yellow streak down my back and head for the hills! I can't help but believe if he's confident and persistent enough that he'll not give up on me easily. And, I love a confident man! I find that to be extremely attractive.

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by joining in this forum while still a newby here. I've participated in business forums but this is the first of a personal nature.

I'd really like to know how others that are searching for someone too think and feel.

I believe in being open and up front.. the ONE for ME is able to talk about and express his feelings and is not afraid to say what he wants.. because that is what I do...
This guy may be shy and reserved...but by conversation, including asking questions..hopefully the borders/walls slowly come down where openness and honesty prevail and ya get to know each other on a deeper level..
becoming friends and lover and sharing experiences.

RustyKitty's photo
Sat 08/06/16 12:15 PM
I went to an event where I re-met lots of people/classmates that I knew when I was from ages 12-17..(moved away),.. but over the years I have kept in touch with a couple of them..
Re-met my old boyfriend, with whom I had a hot'n heavy, on and off relationship back when I was 17..
He's now single... I'm now single..
Needless to say.. had a wonderful weekend.. going back for more.. in a couple weeks to camp and fish!
love

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 08/05/16 08:49 PM
I consider myself to be 'low maintenance'.. Not a big shopper - I haven't been to the mall since Christmas!
but on a holiday? I like to browse.. so many regional crafts and artifacts..Ive gotten table clothes from Cuba; dolls;... ya know, stuff that will remind you of your trip...
I cannot shop, just to shop..

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 08/02/16 08:41 PM
Totally agree - we have to share similar humour
Make each other smile and laugh

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 07/29/16 05:19 PM
Not this chick
That's disgusting

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 07/29/16 08:28 AM
try fishing that way..see how many fish come to you

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 07/29/16 08:27 AM
I am still here.. enjoying the chatting/forums..spewing wisdom,lol

RustyKitty's photo
Fri 07/29/16 08:24 AM
hmmmm, some back room politics happening for sure!
My son told me that when Bernie endorsed Hilary, he had lots of makeup on, to cover up some bruises and cuts on his face..then he proceeded to inform me of the Clinton Foundation and how crooked that is..
oh, what evil webs they weave..

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 07/28/16 10:21 PM
I am new at it, but I am cherishing being alone.
I do agree that a love interest changes your perspective.
Sharing a life with someone is great, but you can also share experiences with friends, with great benefits socially.

RustyKitty's photo
Thu 07/28/16 07:44 AM
kissing on the lips with closed eyes... savouring the moments

RustyKitty's photo
Wed 07/27/16 09:21 PM
I remember having feelings of superiority in our cliches in high school...but once ya grow up, the grown up world brings us down into reality...
while we can't like everyone, we're not better than the other..
just sayin..

RustyKitty's photo
Wed 07/27/16 11:12 AM
Why would you want one, without the other??

RustyKitty's photo
Wed 07/27/16 11:12 AM
Perhaps you should re-think even being married....
Ask your wife what she thinks...
Get a divorce.....

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 07/26/16 09:05 PM
great.. now I'm craving a taco

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 07/26/16 08:47 PM

He went as far as to get a job and move to be near her just to meet her? I'm saying, creepy.
Then he kept up this white lie/ruse for a year?
no wonder she's rather angry with him...
If he's got lots of money, she should suck it up.. she might have a good life.
(How's that for PC beach?)

She is not a sucker for money thats why he loves her so much but good point to put forward laugh
you feel his methods were Creepy or romantic???

very creepy

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 07/26/16 08:40 PM

I guess I don't look at my past relationships as failures. Just because a relationship ends doesn't mean you weren't meant to be with that person for the time you were with them. I may not be with children's father, but I am forever grateful to him for the beautiful children he gave me. Only the two of us could make the children we did. I have loved and been loved and will most likely love again. But I think by saying there is only person meant for us we invalidate all the other people who were meaningful in our lives. What about the widow or widower who find love again?

I agree.. through life we can 'fall in love' many times... feel a connection with another 'soul-mate'.. there's more than 1 person out there for 1 person... if you feel that it happens to you, once or many times, that is awesome.
I mean, what is/was a lifetime anyway.. its only in the last 50 years or so that we're surviving into our 70's/80's and older.. those old pioneers died in their 40's.. sometimes 20 years can be a lifetime.

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 07/26/16 08:33 PM
He went as far as to get a job and move to be near her just to meet her? I'm saying, creepy.
Then he kept up this white lie/ruse for a year?
no wonder she's rather angry with him...
If he's got lots of money, she should suck it up.. she might have a good life.
(How's that for PC beach?)

RustyKitty's photo
Tue 07/26/16 08:12 PM
I'm sticking with taco tuesday