Community > Posts By > LewisW123

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/02/10 04:59 PM
Feel free to add your own quick review, good or bad, of any movie you have rented recently.

But please, no spoilers.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/02/10 04:16 PM
I know everyone's tastes in movies are different, but I thought I would start this thread for a quick synopsis on "good" or "bad" movie rentals you have seen recently.

I hate renting a movie and thinking: "Boy, I wish I had that last two hours of my life, back."

I'll start with "Couple's Retreat."

I rented it, despite reading the bad reviews, because I like Vaughn, Favrau and Jason Bateman, and I thought it would at least be good for a few laughs.

A few laughs.

That is about all, I got out of it.

Mostly stupid humor.

----------------------------------------

Next is "Julie and Julia"

I rented it because I heard Meryl Streep could win the Oscar for Best Actress and because I like Amy Adams, and her husband in the movie (can't recall the actor's name)

Streep should win for best Actress, and the movie was "o.k." but dragged quite a bit - probably about 30 minutes too long.

On a side note, the SNL bit, by Dan Akroyd, as Julia Childs was good for a laugh. Haven't seen that, since I was a kid.

Wouldn't watch either again or necessarily recommend either, unless you wanted to see Streep's performance.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/02/10 04:07 PM

you people always said that i am not gonna find her,but i have found her long distance relation gonna turn into marriage soon.

There's an old saying "You get what you pay for."

Instant relationships that are produced from "Will you Marry Me?" threads are subject to automatic skepticism from anyone with a little life experience. And as you experienced, the premise is met with some riducule.

Most real relationships are built by getting to know that person and interacting with them, in real life, not just behind a computer screen. As many on here will tell you, you can seem to know them inside and out, after a few weeks of talking on-line, but you won't really know until you actually spend some time with them in real life, whether you are truly compatible.

Sorry if we all got a little chuckle at your expense. Now that you have "met" someone, you can come back with an "in your face," thread, but my guess is, unless you have met them in person and really gotten to know them, I woudn't be so quick with it.

Good Luck.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/02/10 03:01 PM

flies in the vaseline we are, sometimes it blows my mind, keep getting stuck here all the timeglasses

STP!

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/02/10 10:26 AM

Honesty only goes so far. You can't always be honest when asked questions like "Does this dress make my *** look big?"

Yes you can.

Big is relative.

Ask: "Big compared to what?"

I wouldn't imagine answering a question with another question is going to be much better.

But next time, I'll try it.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/02/10 10:21 AM

yes its a shame everyone is so set on finding a beautiful woman OR man, yes u ladies do it too, that everything that really matters gets tossed. I tried to meet someone on several sites without using a pic but couldnt even get a hello. Forget the pics and just respond to people that u have common likes and interests for a while then check out the pics, wonder what would happen?

You'd probably meet a lot of great people that you have tons in common with and have aboslutely no physical attraction to.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/02/10 10:19 AM
Honesty only goes so far. You can't always be honest when asked questions like "Does this dress make my *** look big?"

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/02/10 10:10 AM
Why do all Greek restaurants seem to have good coney dogs?

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/01/10 09:40 AM

I'm going to complain about myself for once. I've relied on the net for far too long to find someone. I HAVE BECOME LAZY and whiny and too picky. I need to get my azz back out somewhere in the social action. And, I don't mean for the sole purpose of finding a SO.

I would suggest getting involved in something in your community. Some type of volunteer work. Help out with a fundraiser, charity, hospital foundation, or even a 5k race. It sounds corny, like the typical "go to church, you'll meet someone there." But from my own experience, the quality of people you meet at a fundraising event or a foundation, is better than just going out to the clubs.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/01/10 09:23 AM

Do you think internet dating is just a lazy way to meet ppl? What do you think the bennies are?

I don't think it's lazy. It's just a different way. Although I wouldn't make it the ONLY way you meet people.

The benefits are, you can pick and choose the people you want to contact and get to know, without ever having to leave your home.

The detriments are, eventually, you have to leave your home and meet them and find out what they are REALLY like.

Good luck with THAT.

You act like leaving your home is a bad thing.. laugh.

No, not at all. Just that people in "real-life" are often not really how they portray themselves on the interent. So when the eventual "meet" happens, it can be kind of a let-down.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/01/10 09:20 AM

Do you think internet dating is just a lazy way to meet ppl? What do you think the bennies are?

I don't think it's lazy. It's just a different way. Although I wouldn't make it the ONLY way you meet people.

The benefits are, you can pick and choose the people you want to contact and get to know, without ever having to leave your home.

The detriments are, eventually, you have to leave your home and meet them and find out what they are REALLY like.

Good luck with THAT.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/01/10 09:01 AM

Savage Model 99 is the best lever action rifle ever made. drinker
but where can i buy one? is marlin any good?

Try a gun dealer.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/01/10 08:54 AM

Then I guess I'm weird. As long as my man likes it, I don't really care what anyone else thinks.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I was just wondering why people seem to like it so much, that's all! I'd also think it sounds weird to be introduced as someone's woman. laugh

LOL!! hmmmm, "my man" sounds endearing.... "my woman" sounds more like I clubbed her over the head and drug her in by her hair LOL!!!....

$.02 drinker

Honey or Sweetheart always works. You know if you forget her name..:wink:
...or ball and chain,...battle ax....:tongue:

Good one. I have always found that chicks always like being called my Old Lady. Not sure why?

You can use that one for your woman OR your mother.

They will both appreciate it.:wink:

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/01/10 08:27 AM

I'm talking about pure raw lust. No feelings of love or anything of the sort.

Yeah, that's the best. Hair pulling, pants around the ankles, leaning on a chain link fence around the back of the bar. The power of pure, raw lust.

You may not even like the other person, but they just do something to you and you have to f**k them RIGHT NOW!

Damn. Couldn't you at least do US all a favor and get a room?laugh

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/01/10 08:22 AM

I'm talking about pure raw lust. No feelings of love or anything of the sort.
NO WE ARE ALL HUMANS, WE ALL FEEL SOMETHING....WE ARE NOT LIKE ANIMALS...........

My guess is, if it is a relationship and not just a one or two-night stand, ONE of the two is going to develop some feelings, at some point.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/01/10 08:17 AM

MY NICE GUY APPLICATION: To Chrissy.To begin I'm gentle and caring, a lover not a fighter, a good listener, will do anything for a friend, and when it comes to that time in a relationship I'll give you an everlasting pleasure that only a nice guy can give you.

Well, there you have it...

Hah. A few weeks of that and she would be on here asking how to dump a door-mat.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/01/10 08:14 AM
Very sad.

It is hard for people that have never suffered severe depression to truly understand the mind of someone that has.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/28/10 11:25 AM
I have a friend that is about my age and is a professional. He has suffered layoffs and collected unemployment. He told me a few weeks ago that he took an hourly job at Lowe's, just to get something going. He was embarrassed.

I asked him what he was embarrassed about? He is ten times the man some of these lazy ****s in this state are. They will sit on their assess until the unemployment runs out. Period.

If you've been on unemployment for two years, it's not that you can't FIND a job - you don't WANT a job!

Take something that is "beneath" you.

I'll bet my friend is managing a department at Lowe's by year's end and is collecting a salary. Because he is a go-getter and a hard worker. Not because someone is going to hand it to him.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/28/10 06:49 AM
Edited by LewisW123 on Sun 02/28/10 06:50 AM
I wouldn't spend a ton of money on a room, if you're not going to be in it much.

Check out some of the nicer resorts while you're there tho. I liked Caesar's Palace and the Bellagio. Circus Circus is cool to walk thur, as well, just to see a couple of the show's while you're gamblling.

Google Las Vegas deals and you'll get a million web-sites that will tell you how to eat and drink on the cheap and tell you all the "must-sees."

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/28/10 06:40 AM

Funny how we are quick to kill an animal without knowing the whole story, and yet we can keep a person alive for 50 years when they slaughter a family. Go figure.

I agree. Murderers live way too long, on death-row.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25