Community > Posts By > LewisW123

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/23/10 03:29 PM
Strand him on an island with 6 other castaways.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 03/21/10 02:52 PM
Edited by LewisW123 on Sun 03/21/10 02:57 PM
Izzo just seems to get his team to play their best at the end of the year.

Don't mean to hi-jack this thread, but it was the only one I saw related to the tournament, so I thought I would just pop this on here.

If Kalin Lucas is seriously injured, I think it will be tough to win without him, but man, I would never count the Spartans out.

Sure wish they were in a different region than Ohio State, tho. Sucks that one of them is going to be sent packing next weekend.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 03/21/10 11:13 AM

I got a email yesterday that was snoped and true. All the pharmacies mark up rx by up to a few thousand %. BUT Costco charges pretty near well the manufacturer price, and by law, if you tell them you're simply going to the pharmacy they have to let you in without the card. You can check out by going to their site what your rx costs. My friend just told me (who lost her insurance and can't afford her stuff) that she did and it's cheaper than the canadian pharmacies. Just a FYI for those without insurance, good to know for my people also. Any comments?

Not sure.

We don't have a Costco around here, but there is a local "super-store" around here (Meijer) whose pharmacies offer several antibiotics for free, primarily to get you in the door and get you to switch all your meds to them, or to buy somethig else.

But you don't have to. I have gone there a few times for my kids, just to get the free antibiotics, rather than pay a $20 copay at my pharmacy.

But I'm kinda cheap.

LewisW123's photo
Thu 03/18/10 11:16 AM

My favorite Winkler flick is "The One and Only" 1978 Very funny comedy(directed by Carl Reiner) Henry plays an actor turned wrestler.

And it co-starred that little dude from Fantasy Island.

LewisW123's photo
Thu 03/18/10 11:12 AM

I am new here,what are my chances?

From what I have seen, you're better off to just hit the bars, go to church, cruise the mall or grocery store, buy a hooker, etc...

LewisW123's photo
Thu 03/18/10 09:14 AM

It's my dream job, poor but happy.smokin

One thing about it I would rather have less money and enjoy what I do then hate going to work every day..........follow your dreams............:thumbsup:

I agree. If it is what you love, and you're good at it, you will be successful.

LewisW123's photo
Thu 03/18/10 09:05 AM

What a catch you are for a youngen, Scoundrel.
I bet they all talk about you during recess.

laugh

Why bother sitting thru an entire meal, when you could be planning a date with someone who might actually put a ring on your finger?

laugh

I don't have an answer to your question, TS. It's in their DNA, maybe?

Men and women are just wired differently. In general, men want to date and sleep around, and women want to land a man and beat him into submission so they can control his every move. laugh

Like I said, it's in their DNA.laugh

LewisW123's photo
Thu 03/18/10 08:37 AM

Well, eventually it will be I'm sure. I have about a half dozen or so colleges that are sending me out info packets in the mail in the next week or so...didn't you have to just write in the past? Now I need a certificate, undergraduate degree, or a graduate degree?

I tell you, man, journalism...it just ain't easy.

Aren't you nervous about getting into journalism at this time, with all the newspapers going bankrupt?

I'm not discouraging you, I just really don't know what the job outlook is like in that profession.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/16/10 04:00 AM

"How we rank our presidents is, to a large extent, influenced by our own times," Medford said in a news release. "Today's concerns shape our views of the past, be it in the area of foreign policy, managing the economy, or human rights. . . . Lincoln continues to rank at the top in all categories because he is perceived to embody the nation's core values: integrity, moderation, persistence in the pursuit of honorable goals, respect for human rights, compassion; those who collect near the bottom are perceived as having failed to uphold those values."

Funny, seeing how during his time as President, he was one of the most unpopular.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/16/10 03:48 AM
Edited by LewisW123 on Tue 03/16/10 03:51 AM
Van Buren sucked so bad, he got rolled by the Whigs.laugh

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/15/10 10:41 AM
It was a good movie, but "Best Picture?" Not sure about that. I'm gonna have to see a few more of the nominees. Personally, I liked Inglorius Basterds better.

I'm starting not to not have much faith in the whole Academy Awards. Seems to have too many politics.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/12/10 12:11 PM
:thumbsup:

Way to go!

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/12/10 11:59 AM

... And what is at the heart of the reason for the question?

Always on topic!

I'm just wondering if this could give another state fire-power to kill a similar bill.

Or could the law be changed in Michigan? Were there voters in Michigan that truly thought it would be used for medicinal purposes, which is how the law reads and is intended, and are going to be outraged by its abuse? Or do you think it was passed by a true majority of people that knew the loop-holes would be there and were O.K. with that?

The church in the article is brand new. I have a little inside info. that it is already veering from its legal constraints. I'm curious to see if the voters in Michigan will be O.K. with it.

I really don't know what will happen.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/12/10 11:48 AM
laugh

Damn. Now I want to see the whole movie.

laugh

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/12/10 10:32 AM

I know in Washington, Montana and Oregon it isn't that easy to get a doctor to prescribe it. There are many I know personally in those places who can't get it legally...most Doctor's don't hand it out so easily. One is Washington has been able to get a prescription and she's a mess. It will NEVER be legal in any way, shape or form in Utah.

Something tells me it must not be that difficult to obtain, legally, in Michigan if 19 y.o. college kids are getting permit cards for their "chronic pain" afflictions.

I think they just have an ache for the "chronic."laugh

Federal and state law do not deny medical use of addictive and potentially dangerous drugs-- such as morphine for pain patients or cocaine for ophthalmic surgery patients-- out of fear of sending the wrong message to kids. Acknowledging the medical value of those drugs has not caused a surge in persons who think it is okay to use those drugs socially. To deny medicine to very sick people because our society is afraid of adequately educating young people about drugs is not only stupid, but cruel.

My point was, the young people using it are not using it for what the law was intended for (or at least not 99% of them).

In theory, I don't have a problem with using it under the supervision of a physician, as the law intended. I believe people respond differently to all kinds of medication. What works for one person, doesn't necessarily work for another. I think pot could help some who don't respond to traditional medicines for pain or nausea. (m.s., cancer, etc.)

But let's not be stupid and ignore the loop-holes that many are using to, well...use. lol.

I digress. I really didn't want to create another thread where we argue the pros and cons of smoking pot.

I just thought it was interesting how all the arguments of people that fought to keep it illegal, are now being supported by the actions of so many that were on the other side. My guess is, most of the people that fought to make it legal, really couldn't care less about the medicinal uses. It just provided more of a legitimacy to their argument and a vehicle to make their habit legal.

But the original question was whether this will affect other states in legalizing it?

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/12/10 09:38 AM

I know in Washington, Montana and Oregon it isn't that easy to get a doctor to prescribe it. There are many I know personally in those places who can't get it legally...most Doctor's don't hand it out so easily. One is Washington has been able to get a prescription and she's a mess. It will NEVER be legal in any way, shape or form in Utah.

Something tells me it must not be that difficult to obtain, legally, in Michigan if 19 y.o. college kids are getting permit cards for their "chronic pain" afflictions.

I think they just have an ache for the "chronic."laugh

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/12/10 09:35 AM

Where does the article say this??
"AND for some, their "prescription" is paid for at tax payer's expense."
It said "she just made the church her caregiver and gets her cannabis for free"
Sounds like the church is giving her prescription for free in this case.

"Swee just made the church her caregiver and gets her cannabis for free because she is on a low income. She has been to the Smokers Club every day since it opened, she said."

I believe you are correct: it is provided by the "church." And the "church" is receiving some type of government assistance, tax-break, etc. to provide for low income "patients."

I may have to do some under-cover research and report back to you all.laugh

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/12/10 09:20 AM
Edited by LewisW123 on Fri 03/12/10 09:22 AM

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/12/10 08:45 AM
I just read this article in our local free newspaper. The impression I got, was that all the warnings and worries of the people that were against legalizing pot for medicinal purposes, in Michigan, were coming to fruition.

If you read it all the way thru, it sounds like it is basically a way for ANYONE to smoke pot, legally. Not just the people it was intended for: chronic pain, cancer victims, etc.

AND for some, their "prescription" is paid for at tax payer's expense.

I'm just wondering what effect this will have on other states passing similar laws, or if it will make it easier for the law's opponents to push to have it changed.

Here's the article: http://www.lansingcitypulse.com/lansing/article-4064-pot-and-the-lord.html

LewisW123's photo
Sun 03/07/10 04:14 AM
I know a couple who have that situation. The woman is the "breadwinner" while the guy stays home and takes care of the kid. To be honest, it came about because the guy was just too flat out lazy to get a job.

You are right to question it. You really don't know how his particular situation came about.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25