Community > Posts By > LewisW123

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/30/10 12:25 PM

The weapon was a youth model 20-gauge shotgun, designed for use by children, that belonged to the boy, according to investigators.

designed for use by a child...seriously? there's a time and place for everything, and a shotgun in a child's hand...i just don't see that as necessary or right. what a tragedy.

Mmmm. I disagree, to some extent.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as it is supervised appropriately. I have a similar shotgun, that has been used and handed down for 4 generations. It is the gun we have all learned to hunt with, in my family. I went thru a hunter's safety course when I was 11 and started hunting when I was 12. It is not the gun or the gun manufacturer's fault.

Sounds as tho it is the adults in this child's life, that have failed him. I agree with you, he should not have had access to it, unsupervised. It should have been locked in a gun safe.

a reasonable and responsible answer! and i know there are avid hunters out there who do, even from generation to generation as you've stated, pass this down at an early age. it's a huge responsibility and i would hope everyone would follow your example. that's just not the case and that's when the doors to tragedy open. it's just not something i would personally consider for my children at that age.

I would also agree, it is not for everyone. It takes a parent and family that are avid hunters and understand the importance of gun safety, and the responsibility we have in teaching it to our kids, just as we teach them how to hunt. For every one terrible hunting accident, there are tens of thousands of great stories and experiences.

That being said, this was not even a hunting accident. A very screwed up boy, who, unfortunately, had access to a gun. That falls upon the parents and adults in his life.

I feel very sorry for the woman's family, including the 4 year old child who found her. But I'm not sure true justice will be served from trying the boy as an adult.

In some cases, justice is really never served. There is no un-doing a tragedy. Hopefully, the boy will get the treatment he needs and something good will come of this. Personally, I think it would be almost as tragic, to try him as an adult and sentence him to life in prison. I have to believe, there is much more to the story than we really know, from the above article.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/30/10 12:03 PM

Here ya go......

Dayem! laugh

I wanna pair of those.

send $9.95 to "I almost chit my pants"
Box 69
Fartsville, Ca, 69696

There ya go!!!

Luv the address.laugh

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/30/10 12:01 PM

The weapon was a youth model 20-gauge shotgun, designed for use by children, that belonged to the boy, according to investigators.

designed for use by a child...seriously? there's a time and place for everything, and a shotgun in a child's hand...i just don't see that as necessary or right. what a tragedy.

Mmmm. I disagree, to some extent.

Nothing wrong with it, as long as it is supervised appropriately. I have a similar shotgun, that has been used and handed down for 4 generations. It is the gun we have all learned to hunt with, in my family. I went thru a hunter's safety course when I was 11 and started hunting when I was 12. It is not the gun or the gun manufacturer's fault.

Sounds as tho it is the adults in this child's life, that have failed him. I agree with you, he should not have had access to it, unsupervised. It should have been locked in a gun safe.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/30/10 08:29 AM

Hang em high...I sure don't want an 12yr old psycho running free...sad for the father and pregnant girlfriend:cry:

Damn! Ya'll got Lewis fired up. He is still a child. We seriously don't give up on our own like that? He wouldn't be running the streets. The young man needs help......smokin

Hmmm...perhaps you'd like to help him??? He can live with you...perhaps you could take him hunting???think think think

I'm not especially tolerant of criminals, but the boy, and I do mean BOY, does need help. There are ways to help him, besides trying him as an adult and locking him up for the rest of his life.

Do I want him to come and live with me? No. They have juvenile detention centers, equipped with staff and therapists, that get paid for helping these type of kids.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/30/10 07:44 AM
I don't think two wrongs make a right. He is a boy, probably hasn't even gone thru puberty yet. He should not be sent to court as an adult.

To say an eleven year old knows right from wrong is very simplistic.

Yes, it is tragic, but like most tragedies, there is probably a very sick and twisted story behind it.

The boy is not necessarily pure evil.

I believe there are some criminals that are completely incorrigible, some that are ruthless, and some that deserve the death penalty for the heinous crimes they have committed.

But I wouldn't condemen a boy so quickly.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/30/10 06:09 AM

Scoundrel sure can stir up ladies.........laugh

Maybe that was the actual point of this thread. I have to admit, I have enjoyed reading it. laugh

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/30/10 06:00 AM
Edited by LewisW123 on Tue 03/30/10 06:02 AM

I'm planning on traveling quite extensively through Germany, Czech Republic and Austria. I am an American and speak only English unfortunately. Any advice?

Thanks!

-Brandon

In most capitals you'll be just fine with English. You'll soon discover that most people there speak 2 or 3 languages anyway. At least at basic level, but most restaurants , hotels, tourist attractions and tours. German, French, English + the native tongue, if none of those are the ones.

Watch out for pick pocketers and watch your change, especially with taxi cabs. Avoid scams, be on your toes when shopping, watch the prices. The typical tourist spots sell stuff 2 3 times the price of the real price. Don't try to feed the birds, and be careful with women. They are much more brazen and braver than in USA and some of them are a really good scam artists.
There is a reason why Europe loves American unsuspecting American tourists...but hey you'll see lol.

On the good side, (If i haven't scared you enough, lol) the people are extremely nice and traveling is a lot more relaxed, especially airports aren't made to be jail entrances yet as far as I know...only if you are traveling from or to USA. Make sure you eat some pastry and cakes in Vienna or Prague! Unbeatable at any level! :smile:

Too bad you aren't gonna visit my old country Budapest, Hungary, but I'm sure you gonna end up in Vienna, that's a very nice place too.

Great advice from Atlantis.

Also, be aware that some of our young, drunken, G.I.s have given us a bad name, to the locals. Just be polite, and people will be more apt to help you. I found that people were much friendlier, the further you got away from any of the American military bases, and VERY happy to help. Yes, even the French. lol. Try to think of yourself as an American ambassador.

In Germany, there is a beer that can be found in some parts, called "Perminator." We used to call it, "Perminator, the Terminator." Seriously, even if you are an experienced drinker, a few of these will screw you up, because unlike other high-alcohol beers, it tastes like the regular stuff. It has a picture of a monk, on the bottle, and he has his head cocked, like he's telling you: "This beer is gonna **** you up."

I highly reccomend it.

LewisW123's photo
Tue 03/30/10 05:47 AM

I had boys and put cheerios in the toilet and had them aim for the center...
they got hugs, applause, treats..it became a game. Once the peeing part got fun, they wanted to sit and poo on the cheerios... Then the older boy helped with the younger ones.

Thinking back all those years..it was quite fun!

I still do that at my house. My guests are always asking me, "What's with the cheerios in the toilet?"

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/29/10 06:26 PM
Dont' count out the Tigers. I like their rotation. And Damon is gonna provide some veteran leadership, kinda like Pudge Rodriquez did, when he came over from the Marlins, years ago.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/29/10 06:21 PM

noway OMG! If thats a BBW^^^, what is this thread doing in the Sports, Health & Fitness section??

Competitve eating?

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/29/10 06:16 PM

O.K. This is easy, see? Get in yr car...go to the drive thru window at yr local KFC and order a bucket. Go home and enjoy! drinker :tongue:

Hey, anyone that likes that recipe - I got a great one for a McDonald's Big Mac.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/29/10 11:02 AM

Wow! Impressive Lo. Whaddya do to them?

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/29/10 11:02 AM

Who is that little old lady that posts on here?

I say its her.

MeChrissy is not that old.

Teehee.

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/29/10 10:43 AM
Staying non-political:

LewisW123's photo
Mon 03/29/10 10:30 AM

Here ya go......

Dayem! laugh

I wanna pair of those.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 03/28/10 03:15 PM

red wings and penguins....red wings in 6

haha. I wish.

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/26/10 11:08 AM
Did it look like this:

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/26/10 11:04 AM

case in point

C'mon. That was too good to be true. That was your smurf, wasn't it?

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/26/10 10:56 AM

I think I am a old style...I think a guys has to make the move...I know, I know it's stupid, on this century is not that same..But I still feel that a gay has to be the one. I told him there that I want HIM to call me and he said OK.
I'm sad that I coldn't even go out with him on a real date and get to know each other... I'm so sad..I really liked him.

I like old style

LewisW123's photo
Fri 03/26/10 10:46 AM
Ouch.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25