JaymeStephens84a0lc's photo
Sun 08/10/08 01:00 PM
No. My dad did that crap to me and it is still painful to me. I could not date a man who was a deadbeat father. I would actually prefer a man not have kids yet for the simple fact I don't want the mama drama that can come with it. Is it selfish of me that I want whomever it is and myself to have our own "fresh" family? Not that I'd turn down a single father as long as all drama was worked out, I'd just prefer to have his only children is all.

Sun 08/10/08 10:09 AM
As much as I wish I could be cynical about it, I still have that little part of me that truly believes there is one man out there for me who is my absolute perfect match. Will he be perfect? Haha, highly doubt it. I just require that he be a genuinely good person, the rest will take care if its self.

Sun 08/10/08 07:44 AM
I read the profile. I basically just go by how far away they are...lol, I'll get to know anyone to a certain point.

Sun 08/10/08 07:20 AM

Shhshshsh trying being in in your late 40's and getting anyone to notice you beyond friends. noway noway :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have that problem now...lol.

Sun 08/10/08 07:17 AM

Um, I don't think most 20-somethings have trouble getting dates.

The trouble isn't so much getting dates, its more that there's an over abundance of 20somethings that no longer have morals, or even want to one day become married. I guess I must just be more old fashioned than most in my age group, because I feel the whole reason for dating is to find someone to marry. Whereas there seems to be a lot of 20somethings who just see dating as a hook up free for all.
What about simply having fun, which is what 20 somethings are supposed to be doing?

Guys are going to run like heck from someone running at them in a wedding gown. People that age aren't trying pin down their future yet. They need a little time to live and grow up. You might benefit from doing that, too.flowerforyou

LOL, I never said I was desperate to get married. I just think that if you're dating for no reason other than to hook up then you're wasting time. I had my "20something fun" when I was a teenager...lol. I DO mostly date men who are over 30. I'm not the average 23 year old woman by a long shot.

Sun 08/10/08 07:09 AM

Um, I don't think most 20-somethings have trouble getting dates.

The trouble isn't so much getting dates, its more that there's an over abundance of 20somethings that no longer have morals, or even want to one day become married. I guess I must just be more old fashioned than most in my age group, because I feel the whole reason for dating is to find someone to marry. Whereas there seems to be a lot of 20somethings who just see dating as a hook up free for all.

Sun 08/10/08 06:55 AM
Haha, its not really that big of a deal, but did leave me wondering how other people feel about it. Mainly curious as to if this guy just had a big chip on his shoulder, or if this was an opinion of a lot of people and I might just have to fight even harder to be seen.

Sun 08/10/08 06:33 AM
I'm honestly not tryin to start drama...lol, I'm just really curious about this.

Sun 08/10/08 06:31 AM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Sun 08/10/08 06:32 AM
Yep...lol, I think I'm pretty decent. I'd hate to say that I think I'm above average, because there's a lot of beautiful women in the world.

Sun 08/10/08 06:25 AM
I was on another dating sites forums and there was a guy on there b*tching about how worthless he thinks 20something women are. This bothers me to think that maybe most men think that and it could be why I'm over looked, simply because of my age. Is that really what most people think about my age group? I can honestly say I do NOT fit in with the generalizations that are usually made about people my age. I've almost always had mainly older friends, 30+ normally. At the same time, because of the generalizations I've had to fight tooth and nail to be seen or taken seriously by anyone. I am just curious about general opinions. Don't sugar coat for my sake...lol, I honestly want to know what you think.

Thu 08/07/08 06:31 PM

On the top of my window it says "Mingle2, Free online DATING"

Does that mean that single people who are not interested in dating shouldn't be here?

A single person who wasn't interested in dating would probably not be searching google for dating sites... thats how I found it. I put in "free dating sites" and got JUST SAY HI, which is obviously now this.

Thu 08/07/08 04:35 PM

And to those who don't want to see people who are happy in a relationship, I don't know what to tell you......anywhere you go you will see couples together. But spending your time under a rock won't open you up to the possibilities of a relationship of your own. My best friend told me more than once, and it finally sunk in.....YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF, BEFORE ANYONE WILL BE HAPPY WITH YOU!!!

I'm thrilled with myself...lol, its the dating world that has me annoyed. My problem seems to be that I am SO secure in who I am it intimidates men for some reason. I refuse to play stupid or bow down. It would take an emotionally strong man to be with me, and accept that I dont' need him to save me.

So does this mean that I "played stupid or bowed down" to be in a relationship???????? No way in Hell would I ever do that, it is because I am emotionally strong that I have become ready to be in a relationship. I don't need a man to save me and I wouldn't look for one to do that.

If you can't be happy for other couples then you can't be happy for yourself because what happens the day a relationship opportunity opens up for you? You seem to look down on couples, and that is just sad. Even in my most down of days, have I ever NOT felt happy for people who have found love.

I never said anyone else did, I just said I'm havin a hard time findin someone who doesn't expect me to. I don't look DOWN on anyone, but after a while you get tired of bein so happy for others and nothin happenin for you. It IS a jealousy, yes, but something I stifle on a daily basis...lol
you have totally hijacked this thread laugh laugh laugh

Well I didn't mean to...lol, it just happened like that.

Thu 08/07/08 04:34 PM

I hate to sound like the green eyed monster has gotten ahold of me...lol, but I really truely LOATHE seeing married and attached people on here. If you're not single, myspace has forums too. I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for that, but seeing someone on a singles' site so happily married or attached just makes me want to scream. Seeing the things I want in my life be given so abundantly to others just makes me feel more single.... something that doesn't even bother me usually on a daily basis...
Where does it say that this is a single's site?

And don't you encounter married people at work, in your neighborhood, at family gatherings, etc.? They are everywhere.

On the top of my window it says "Mingle2, Free online DATING"

And yes, I do encounter married people on a daily basis. It drives me nuts too...lol. I don't say nothin b/c I am not mean like that.

Thu 08/07/08 04:27 PM
I topped myself again today!! I got a 368 dollar donation on one of my first handfuls of calls!!!

Thu 08/07/08 04:21 AM

And to those who don't want to see people who are happy in a relationship, I don't know what to tell you......anywhere you go you will see couples together. But spending your time under a rock won't open you up to the possibilities of a relationship of your own. My best friend told me more than once, and it finally sunk in.....YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF, BEFORE ANYONE WILL BE HAPPY WITH YOU!!!

I'm thrilled with myself...lol, its the dating world that has me annoyed. My problem seems to be that I am SO secure in who I am it intimidates men for some reason. I refuse to play stupid or bow down. It would take an emotionally strong man to be with me, and accept that I dont' need him to save me.

So does this mean that I "played stupid or bowed down" to be in a relationship???????? No way in Hell would I ever do that, it is because I am emotionally strong that I have become ready to be in a relationship. I don't need a man to save me and I wouldn't look for one to do that.

If you can't be happy for other couples then you can't be happy for yourself because what happens the day a relationship opportunity opens up for you? You seem to look down on couples, and that is just sad. Even in my most down of days, have I ever NOT felt happy for people who have found love.

I never said anyone else did, I just said I'm havin a hard time findin someone who doesn't expect me to. I don't look DOWN on anyone, but after a while you get tired of bein so happy for others and nothin happenin for you. It IS a jealousy, yes, but something I stifle on a daily basis...lol

Wed 08/06/08 07:48 PM

Wed 08/06/08 05:44 PM

I can share an experience, I hope this helps. I recieved an email from a lady who seemed very nice at first and I wrote to her explaining that I'm not looking. She then sent a very nasty reply which I ignored. This was followed by an even nastier one- at which point I hit the block button. My point: sometimes people won't take no for an answer, and no answer at all, while rude, at least doesn't invite this kind of problem.

Why did you write back explaining that you're not looking? Did she state upfront that she was interested in starting something?

LOL, I was so thinking the same thing. Why do men assume that if we say hello to them, we somehow are seeing a wedding ring?

Wed 08/06/08 05:24 PM

this isn't a dating site, it's more like a blogging page..nobody really gets a date here, and i believe u need to pay in order to get a date..lol..

huh huh huh

Wed 08/06/08 05:22 PM
Anyway...lol, its no big. Posts #7 & 10 fixed it.

Wed 08/06/08 05:18 PM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Wed 08/06/08 05:19 PM

Don't want to lead someone on... The "no reply" is a pretty obvious "not interested."

Lookin for a friend hardly requires romantic interest...

Might not be interested in that either.

Thats when you say "Sorry, but not interested" 99% of people are not so weak that they can't take it. Anyone who lets it drive them to actually getting mad about it is extremely unbalanced anyway.

All I ask for is straightforwardness and honesty.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next