JaymeStephens84a0lc's photo
Mon 08/25/08 04:48 PM
Do you think its possible that I'm subconsciously picking emotionally unavailable men to protect myself? I mean, if its someone that I pretty much know isn't going to be down for a relationship, then I already am prepared for it to NOT happen. Is it possible that after being hurt so many times I'm sabotaging myself to avoid getting close?

Sun 08/24/08 06:08 PM
Because women know that OTHER women seem to be more attracted to men who are unavailable. I have had tons of guy friends who were honestly JUST friends and their g/fs or wives decided for them that we could no longer be friends. Its kinda one of those "if I wanted him I'd already have him" type things...lol. But sadly for some reason we can't trust another woman any farther than we can throw them.

Thu 08/21/08 02:28 PM
We had our first date last night! He's awesome! WE both said we'd definitely be hangin out again!

Tue 08/19/08 07:17 PM
Thanks! I know it seems like I date in a way too much, but thats so not it. I have spoken to a few guys here and there, but as actually liking someone, this is one of very few I can say I do think its a good prospect.

Tue 08/19/08 06:55 PM
LOL, okay now give me a break for a minute...

I've finally met someone who seems to be perfect for me. He's not in ANY hurry, but at he same time he's not against something serious happening in the future. Not only that...lol, but he's 100% available...lol, not hiding some wife somewhere or anything like that. Lets face it, I tend to have no luck in dating. Who knows what will happen, but I'm open to finding out. I have lately come across men who were A: taken and lying about it, or B: in way too big of a rush and desperate. I like a middle ground between closed off and in a hurry personally.

Tue 08/19/08 06:47 PM
"tougher"? Eh... I don't think it matters. No matter how tough a man thinks he is, if he feels the need to strong arm me or hit me I can definitely hold my own. I would like for him to be able to protect me, but at the same time once you've been abused you kinda hope the next guy has a little weaker touch.

Sun 08/17/08 12:56 PM
I know that its improbable these days. Most seem to only love when its convenient for them, and are so jaded so soon in life that it leaves those of us with dreams of that kind of love empty handed.

I also know that the love I want isn't IMPOSSIBLE, because nothing is as long as you want it with all of your heart. Sounds cheesy as all get out, I know, but I refuse to give up. I like that this movie allows me to feel a little idealistic. I miss being so carefree and trusting of love.

Sun 08/17/08 11:56 AM
I'm just gonna put it out there. Make fun, tell me I'm desperate...lol, or just rag on me if you must. I just feel the need to share something at this moment...

On another thread I mentioned my love for the movie, The Notebook. Well, its my favorite movie EVER made, and often leaves me feeling hopeful for my future.

What I want more than life is a man to hold me and know that I'm forever safe in his arms. I want to know that when I wake up of a morning, he's there next to me. To know that he's as lost without me as I am with out him. I want to feel something that makes my heart race for all the right reasons. I want that passion that only few find, I want to be one of the lucky ones. Maybe this is a bit much to share here, but ya know what? Oh well. I felt the need to get it out so here it is.

Sat 08/16/08 08:42 PM
I saw a man cry at the end of "The Notebook" its just one of those movies that digs deep into your soul, even if you're not normally into love stories. THAT guy who cried was a tough rough neck...lol, and he was seriously crying.

Sat 08/16/08 08:07 PM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Sat 08/16/08 08:10 PM
The Notebook.

Has there ever been a greater love story? I can't think of one thats for sure. I adore romance movies, but this one particularly has my heart in a way I can't explain. I know its a few years old...lol, but I still cry every time I watch it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've seen it, lost count a LONG time ago. I could sit here and try to explain how it makes me feel inside, but there are really no words. I just hope that one day I can find that kind of love that creates miracles and gives me something to live for every day.

Sat 08/16/08 08:04 PM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Sat 08/16/08 08:09 PM
The Notebook, Message in a Bottle, Titanic, Walk the Line, and a Walk to Remember.

I love a great love story. I also LOVE Nicholas Sparks, who wrote The Notebook and A Walk to Remember

Oh yeah, and I've probably watched the 1968 version of "Romeo and Juliet" a billion times...

Thu 08/14/08 03:36 PM
He had the balls to try and come onto me again today, he's sooooooo effin lucky I love my job. Its the ONLY reason he didn't get punched in the face.

Wed 08/13/08 07:39 PM
Ha! Yeah, I often say that this kind of thing is why I like animals better than people.

Wed 08/13/08 05:31 PM

To STOP trying to deceive me?? LOL, one day they will realize that it does NOT work on me to lie. There was this guy at work who seemed really nice and had been flirting with me for WEEKS now. Well, I finally gave him my number yesterday so we could get to know one another. Now, I hadn't spoken to him a whole lot until today. Well, we spoke this morning before work just long enough for him to walk away and me catch a glimpse at his left ring finger. Well, thats the FIRST thing I look at when I speak to a man...lol. Apparently he wasn't going to mention that he was married. At lunch, I went to a lady I have known for years since she's his "desk neighbor" and asked if he was married. She confirmed what I already figured, so outside at lunch I lifted up his left hand and said "when were you going to ask your wife if it was alright that we hung out??" He shut up fast...

GAH! LOL, I know not EVERY man is like this, but it sure does p!$$ ya off when they do that crap!

You put yourself "out there" you are subject to that crap. My concern is 'why'? and why you are allowing that to continue....not the guys' problem but your thing.

Take step back and look at another view of life.

What? I think ya lost me here....

Wed 08/13/08 05:30 PM

Women also CHEAT and women also will TRY to use,,,but to say more men would be wrong as I HAVE MET THE LADIES who do that to,wink...
Bottom line is CHEATERS SUCK,,,and I have NO-TIME for them and their USING ways....Life is just simply,,TO DAMM SHORT.
To waste even a day being fed Bull$hit!:wink: drinker :heart:

I completely agree, I just needed to vent about it. Women who cheat disgust me JUST as much, if not more then men who do. Maybe b/c THOSE women ruin the good men for the rest of us.

I have no privacy these days, so I can't just go in my room (I sleep in the LIVING ROOM AT THE MOMENT) and vent in any other way. This is the only way I have to not completely explode.

Wed 08/13/08 05:22 PM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Wed 08/13/08 05:23 PM

It's the married person's obligation to NOT get involved in something that could be construed as "cheating"

As (and I can't believe I'm going to use this term for us) older and wiser women we DO ask things like that.

I do usually look at the left hand at first chance...lol. I can't ever seem to catch a break with the whole dating thing, I just got flattered that someone actually seemed interested. Doesn't happen much, I'm not exactly a 10. Even when guys DO act interested they either ONLY want sex, or get WAY too clingy WAY too fast for me.

Wed 08/13/08 05:00 PM
Btw,

Me being single and not completely fugly doesn't make me to blame.

Wed 08/13/08 04:55 PM

She didn't notice his wedding ring and gave him her number. Yes he is an azz but of course he is going to call a woman who he has not hidden his ring from and has been flirting with him for weeks.

All I asked was why didn't she notice his ring first off, and she answered that question.

He didn't make an effort to SHOW me the ring either. Most married men who cheat are not smart enough to think we actually LOOK for a ring in the first place. I had not to that point looked at his hands, period. I hadn't had the chance, and even took me a while to decide if I wanted to take the chance of even GIVING him my number b/c of how often I get hurt.

Wed 08/13/08 04:51 PM

Lily...I am not getting on her....all I am saying is that she claimed to check out a guy's hand first thing and didn't notice his ring. I admitted he was wrong for flirting with her and following thru with asking for her number.

But she DID notice it eventually, and DID ask him about it, and it seems like everyone is throwing her under the bus... I don't care if she DID see the ring, it's still his vows that HE took, she didn't take any vows to HIS wife....

She didn't do anything with him, and is pissed that HE did what he did, and I don't see why anyone has ANYTHING to say about it besides, "yes, this guy is an azzhole"???

Again, thank you.:smile: flowerforyou

Wed 08/13/08 04:46 PM

Aren't guys who are married allowed to flirt?

No. They should flirt with their WIVES, and not try to bring some innocent into the mix or hurt someone.

Everyone flirts...my parents are married 54 years and they both still flirt with others, they do not act on their flirting.

If there was a ring on his ring finger of his left hand the first day you talked to him, why didn't you automatically think he might be married and not go any further with it?

He didn't try to deceive you, he was wearing his ring all the while, but you responded to his flirting and gave him your number.......

He was wrong for asking to spend time with you, but you claimed to check the ring-finger first thing, but proved you didn't notice his.......just pointing out discrepancies in your story, it makes things confusing.

WOW, that's pretty judgemental...HE'S the one who is married, and HE'S the one who should make sure his flirtations are understood to be purely in jest, and HE'S the one who took the vows to his wife and HE'S the one who asked for her number, and HE'S the one who took it without a word about his wife.

Get off this girl she didn't do sh*t wrong....

Lily...I am not getting on her....all I am saying is that she claimed to check out a guy's hand first thing and didn't notice his ring. I admitted he was wrong for flirting with her and following thru with asking for her number.

Pardon me, but I automatically assume if a man is appearing to have an honest interest in me then he's single. I don't EXPECT married men to try and hook up with me. Maybe because I have so much respect for marriage I expect others to as well.