JaymeStephens84a0lc's photo
Wed 08/13/08 04:42 PM

Aren't guys who are married allowed to flirt?

No. They should flirt with their WIVES, and not try to bring some innocent into the mix or hurt someone.

Everyone flirts...my parents are married 54 years and they both still flirt with others, they do not act on their flirting.

If there was a ring on his ring finger of his left hand the first day you talked to him, why didn't you automatically think he might be married and not go any further with it?

He didn't try to deceive you, he was wearing his ring all the while, but you responded to his flirting and gave him your number.......

He was wrong for asking to spend time with you, but you claimed to check the ring-finger first thing, but proved you didn't notice his.......just pointing out discrepancies in your story, it makes things confusing.

WOW, that's pretty judgemental...HE'S the one who is married, and HE'S the one who should make sure his flirtations are understood to be purely in jest, and HE'S the one who took the vows to his wife and HE'S the one who asked for her number, and HE'S the one who took it without a word about his wife.

Get off this girl she didn't do sh*t wrong....

Thank you Lilyflowerforyou

You people do realize that had I been LESS observant we could have hooked up and it STILL would not have been my fault. Instead I ASKED questions.

Wed 08/13/08 04:32 PM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Wed 08/13/08 04:34 PM

No. They should flirt with their WIVES, and not try to bring some innocent into the mix or hurt someone.

Everyone flirts...my parents are married 54 years and they both still flirt with others, they do not act on their flirting.

If there was a ring on his ring finger of his left hand the first day you talked to him, why didn't you automatically think he might be married and not go any further with it?

He didn't try to deceive you, he was wearing his ring all the while, but you responded to his flirting and gave him your number.......

He was wrong for asking to spend time with you, but you claimed to check the ring-finger first thing, but proved you didn't notice his.......just pointing out discrepancies in your story, it makes things confusing.

Excuse me if I try to TRUST people until I have a reason not to. I did NOT speak to him much at ALL until today. He winked, waved, starred me down even for 3 weeks. Excuse me for thinking that maybe somebody might like to get to know me. He could have said he was married when I GAVE him that number, instead of calling me last night to try and set up a date. I told him "lets talk about it later b/c I have my nephew here". I don't like my nephew knowing ANYTHING about ANYONE unless I know it will be anything serious. I did NOT notice his ring until this morning. His got a HUGE hand, the ring is a very thin gold band almost the color of his finger. Had it not been for the lighting reflecting off of it at work I STILL would not have noticed. He and I work in different parts of the building, its not like I got the chance to stare at his hand before today. We work in telefundraising, most of the time I'm busy working not checking men for wedding rings. Why is it I'm to blame in this? I'M not the MARRIED one trying to hook up with people! I do not have the responsibility to his wife, HE DOES. Luckily for her I'm not the type to try and be with anyone else's significant other, I have way too much respect for it.

Wed 08/13/08 04:04 PM

Wed 08/13/08 04:03 PM
One more question, why am I all of a sudden the bad guy? LOL, I did NOTHING wrong. I could NOT have known he was married without someone telling me. I even checked to make sure I wasn't jumping to conclusions when I saw the ring on his hand.

Wed 08/13/08 04:00 PM
The kind of men I attract, they always seem to be sleezy, married, or a strong mix of both.

Wed 08/13/08 03:58 PM

If you have been talking to him for WEEKS and the ring finger is the FIRST thing you look at when talking to a guy......how come you only noticed his ring AFTER you gave him your number?

Why not ask him right then and there instead of asking another person?

laugh
I was wondering the same thing??

I said he flirted with me for weeks, didn't say I talked to him much. I said he and I hadn't even talked all that much til this morning. He said "I want to come hang out with you, when will you have some alone time?" Trust me, the way he said it meant he was interested in more than friendship. And no, he said nothing when I confronted him.

Wed 08/13/08 03:26 PM

You just gotta be more direct, I ask in a joking manner then if they lie... I have recource to assult with food items or a beverage at a later date.

Haha, I think callin him out in front of everyone who was out smoking at the time was pretty direct.

Wed 08/13/08 03:20 PM

He didnt lie....
....he cheated

BAH! LOL, he didn't get THAT far with it.

Wed 08/13/08 03:19 PM

men learn?!

Men wont learn and women wont shut up about it.....

I did NOT say that every man lied, I just said this guy did and well... several others I've come in contact with. Usually doesn't last long though, I have a way with knowing when someone's lying and call them out on it immediately.

Wed 08/13/08 03:15 PM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Wed 08/13/08 03:17 PM

Lying by omission is STILL LYING, especially when you're married with 3 kids tryin to hit on the new hottie at work.

Wed 08/13/08 03:11 PM
To STOP trying to deceive me?? LOL, one day they will realize that it does NOT work on me to lie. There was this guy at work who seemed really nice and had been flirting with me for WEEKS now. Well, I finally gave him my number yesterday so we could get to know one another. Now, I hadn't spoken to him a whole lot until today. Well, we spoke this morning before work just long enough for him to walk away and me catch a glimpse at his left ring finger. Well, thats the FIRST thing I look at when I speak to a man...lol. Apparently he wasn't going to mention that he was married. At lunch, I went to a lady I have known for years since she's his "desk neighbor" and asked if he was married. She confirmed what I already figured, so outside at lunch I lifted up his left hand and said "when were you going to ask your wife if it was alright that we hung out??" He shut up fast...

GAH! LOL, I know not EVERY man is like this, but it sure does p!$$ ya off when they do that crap!

Sun 08/10/08 02:19 PM

You say no lies are good, what about when a woman asks you if her outfit makes her look fat and it does. Isn't lying about that appropriate?

First of all, if you truely love a woman you will not see her as fat period. Secondly you little trouble maker...lol, its okay to say "Not fat, it just doesn't flatter your beautiful body as much as that other one you had in your hand" or point out one that does flatter her more.

In addition, women have different body types so, regardless if she is overweight or not, a particular style or cut may not be the best choice for her body type. Forcus on body type and not weight.

Wow you guys dont get the point. Its not the weight issue. Its the things women do, they ask for your opinion on how something looks on them and get mad if you don't give a positive response. Thats all I am referring too.

ONLY drama queens do that. Most women are smart enough to either NOT ask at all, or really want a second opinion if they do.

Again you are giving a definite. I am sure there are some women out there that wouldn't be drama queens that would be a little hurt with a negative response when asking a similar question.

I'm no longer going to defend my very well intentioned post. Most people get the drift, you're the only one who seems to have some type of issue with it.

Well intentioned by stating that everyone lies and we just need to look past it so we can trust them? Prejudging people because of what others have done is not something I consider well intentioned, though stating that we should trust people is good.

I think a better message would be that just because someone hurt you in the past doesn't mean the next person will. We are all individuals and all do things differently so you shouldn't prejudge people before you get to know them. Give people a chance and you might be surprised at what you find.

"Members of both sexes lie, not all of either one. "
What part of that isn't clear? I didn't say all of either one lied!!

Sun 08/10/08 02:03 PM

You say no lies are good, what about when a woman asks you if her outfit makes her look fat and it does. Isn't lying about that appropriate?

First of all, if you truely love a woman you will not see her as fat period. Secondly you little trouble maker...lol, its okay to say "Not fat, it just doesn't flatter your beautiful body as much as that other one you had in your hand" or point out one that does flatter her more.

In addition, women have different body types so, regardless if she is overweight or not, a particular style or cut may not be the best choice for her body type. Forcus on body type and not weight.

Wow you guys dont get the point. Its not the weight issue. Its the things women do, they ask for your opinion on how something looks on them and get mad if you don't give a positive response. Thats all I am referring too.

ONLY drama queens do that. Most women are smart enough to either NOT ask at all, or really want a second opinion if they do.

Again you are giving a definite. I am sure there are some women out there that wouldn't be drama queens that would be a little hurt with a negative response when asking a similar question.

I'm no longer going to defend my very well intentioned post. Most people get the drift, you're the only one who seems to have some type of issue with it.

Sun 08/10/08 02:01 PM

Just saying there are instances where a lie will cause less harm than the truth. I see things not as black or white, but shades of gray.

Suppose you are planning a surprise for your significant other,(this could be something like a bd party or maybe you are planning to propose and are ring shopping) they notice that you have been gone a lot and ask them what you have been up to. Do you tell the truth and ruin the surprise and all the work you put into it, or do you lie? I personally would lie and then when the surprise happened let them know that I was actually planning that all along.

You just like picking arguments...lol. That would be a completely different story than someone lying to be a jerk.

I am not picking arguments. Your thread is refers to stating the obvious and you say all lies are bad. My point is they are not. Everything is relative (thank you Einstein).
I am not trying to cause trouble, just give an alternate point of view.

Fibbing to suprise someone and lying to outright deceive them are two completely different stories. The thing is, the average person is a pretty good judge of when someone's lying. I think they'd rather "catch" someone lying about a party or engagement then to find them cheating or doing anything else in the line of betrayal.

Sun 08/10/08 01:57 PM

Sun 08/10/08 01:55 PM

Just saying there are instances where a lie will cause less harm than the truth. I see things not as black or white, but shades of gray.

Suppose you are planning a surprise for your significant other,(this could be something like a bd party or maybe you are planning to propose and are ring shopping) they notice that you have been gone a lot and ask them what you have been up to. Do you tell the truth and ruin the surprise and all the work you put into it, or do you lie? I personally would lie and then when the surprise happened let them know that I was actually planning that all along.

You just like picking arguments...lol. That would be a completely different story than someone lying to be a jerk.

Sun 08/10/08 01:48 PM

awe thank you gives me alittle faith back flowerforyou

flowerforyou

Sun 08/10/08 01:46 PM

Sun 08/10/08 01:35 PM
Edited by JaymeStephens84a0lc on Sun 08/10/08 01:37 PM
Members of both sexes lie, not all of either one.

Men lie mostly about their age, relationship status, height, intentions, shoe size, and penis size.

Women typically lie about age, weight(and usually only because they are self conscious about it), and sometimes how many sex partners they've had.

Lies are lies, none are good. Everyone who lies does it for their own reasons. I am not stating that anyone's reasons are excuses, but reasons ARE normally different. Some people lie solely to manipulate others and be selfish. Some people lie to protect themselves from judgment. Some people lie because they are just straight up compulsive liars and don't know the difference anymore between the truth and a lie. Before anyone complains, yes I do know that women lie about more than what I listed.

A little advice to all. Not everyone is going to lie to you and deceive you. Take each person as an individual and don't assume they are going to be just like the last @sshole who lied to you. Trust like you've never been hurt, but keep your eyes open when things look fishy. One day someone will surprise you by not lying and being a true person towards you. That day you will find love. We all have to stop automatically distrusting everyone because of past experience. Its not good for us. Let those past pains stay where they belong and do not bring them into a new relationship. If you stay in yesterday, tomorrow will pass you by. flowers

Sun 08/10/08 01:33 PM

No. My dad did that crap to me and it is still painful to me. I could not date a man who was a deadbeat father. I would actually prefer a man not have kids yet for the simple fact I don't want the mama drama that can come with it. Is it selfish of me that I want whomever it is and myself to have our own "fresh" family? Not that I'd turn down a single father as long as all drama was worked out, I'd just prefer to have his only children is all.

No, you are not being selfish. Dead beat parents are one thing. Choosing not to have children or a ready made family is another. Not everyone can handle being a parent or part of a ready made family. Recognizing that is being responisible.

If a person is going to have sex then they need to be prepare to deal with consequences. Ideally, if they are having sex, they should be using protection but, there isn't 100% guarantee that the protection will work.

If a child is a result sexual liaison, then they become the biological parents responsibility (unless the child is given up for adoption which is also responsible way of dealing with the situation as well). It is important to remember that the child is the innocent so, their needs come first (before the parents).

I don't want anyone to mistake what I said, I LOVE kids to no end. I also would gladly date a man with children. Like I said though, its really hard to do that without baby mama drama. I like to go into a relationship with everything in the past staying where it belongs. You can't keep a baby mama in the past. If they dont have kids its much easier for me to ignore the fact they've ever been with anyone else...lol. I like relationships to be blank slates, treat it as its a first for both. Guys tend to appreciate that...lol.