Community > Posts By > msharmony

msharmony's photo
Wed 06/10/20 12:55 PM

I am retired from the state prison system. a "date" involves clothing and body searches, person to person SUPERVISED no touching visits, writing letters and putting money on his/her books. Weddings do take place. What are your thoughts or knowledge of how these "dates" (which sometimes last for years) eventually turn out.

I do not think all criminals are the same. I see no reason it cannot have good outcomes or bad outcomes, like any other. IT is about the commitment and work each decides to put into it really.

msharmony's photo
Wed 06/10/20 12:40 PM
Edited by msharmony on Wed 06/10/20 12:48 PM

Why don't Black Lives Matter focus on 'black-on-black' crime

Because there is already a system that does that.

Think of it like this. When Pastors were getting away with molesting children, were people outraged, or did they just say, "What about this other incident of pedophillia by joe blow, or this other one by john doe? No. Because most people realize the difference in reacting to crimes by criminals or 'thugs', and giving a pass to others for being in a position of authority and power when it is actually that position that should require even MORE scrutiny, not less.

I also want to say human beings do not stop being human beings because of other labels or job status. There are good and bad, violent and non violent, stable and unstable. Trying to address the 'bad', violent, or unstable does not mean being against anyone else but the bad, violent, or unstable. Certainly people do hate police, often because of their interactions with them, just like people hate lawyers or politicians. That is because people are HUMAN and some are hateful. That type of all inclusive hate is illogical and serves no purpose.

However, anger over injustice by authority when it is excused is not illogical and addressing it is not purposeless. In fact, some of those protesting and speaking out out on this injustice are also cops. Cops in some places are getting out there and making the children in the community feel safe and trusted and being involved in ways other than treating them suspect and guilty. If it weren't for so many of the good cops, this place would be chaos. And turning a blind eye to the bad ones is exactly how the good ones lose face. The bad ones HAVE to be addressed so that we can continue to have more of the good.

msharmony's photo
Wed 06/10/20 12:35 PM

Why don't Black Lives Matter focus on 'black-on-black' crime

Because there is already a system that does that.

msharmony's photo
Wed 06/03/20 12:44 AM

Facebook shuts down far-right group planning to bring weapons to protests

By Donie O'Sullivan, CNN

Updated 11:14 PM ET, Tue June 2, 2020

Facebook said Tuesday that it had shut down pages and accounts associated with what it said was a hate group, whose members were discussing bringing weapons to the protests that are happening across the country. The company said it had observed people associated with the group American Guard discussing such action. The group says it is about American constitutional nationalism, but the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) says American Guard "has a background with connections to anti-immigrant extremism, hatred, and violence. Indeed, before the American Guard was the American Guard, it was actually the Indiana chapter of a group called the Soldiers of Odin USA, a branch of an extreme anti-immigrant and anti-refugee group. (originated in Finland in 2015 and has spread to many other countries)."

Facebook said it had also taken down accounts linked to the far-right group Proud Boys, though it said it had not seen posts from that group discussing weaponry.

The company said it had been planning on taking action against both groups, but had expedited the process when they saw how the groups were discussing the protests.

Staff who work as part of the company's teams combating dangerous and inauthentic organizations that operate on the platform spoke to CNN on Tuesday.
The staff said the company would take action on people using the platform to organize violence regardless of their political affiliation.

White supremacists pose as Antifa online, call for violence
White supremacists pose as Antifa online, call for violence

On Monday, Twitter said a fake Antifa account calling for violence was run by white supremacists. The company removed the account. The fake account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted Sunday, "ALERT Tonight's the night, Comrades Tonight we say "F**k The City" and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours #BlacklivesMaters #F**kAmerica."

The account caught the attention of President Donald Trump's son Donald Trump Jr. "Absolutely insane," Trump Jr. wrote on Instagram, sharing a screenshot of the tweet, "Just remember what ANTIFA really is. A Terrorist Organization! They're not even pretending anymore."

A spokesperson for Donald Trump Jr. did not provide comment to CNN Tuesday morning, but later the post was removed from Trump Jr.'s Instagram feed. There is no indication whatsoever that Trump Jr. knew who was behind the account or that it was fake.

Facebook said Tuesday night it had found some associated accounts on its platforms after Twitter shared information about the fake account — the accounts have been removed from Facebook, the staff said. The accounts had not been used recently, the staff added.

Facebook has come under intense criticism this week for leaving President Donald Trump's posts on Facebook and Instagram that were labeled on Twitter as glorifying violence.

NOW THIS IS FROM ME, KEN... IT'S IMPORTANT TO SEE ALL SIDES! HOWEVER, I AM FINDING THAT SO MANY IN THIS AREA ONLY WATCH WHAT 'FOX NEWS' PRODUCES AND DELIVERS TO THE PUBLIC. I WATCH 'FOX NEWS', TOO. H O W E V E R, I ALSO WATCH ALL THE OTHER NEWS CHANNELS AS WELL. WHEN A SO CALLED NEWS AGENCY (FOX NEWS) ONLY SHOWS A LIMITED PERSPECTIVE / A NARROW PORTION OF WHAT'S HAPPENING, THEN I ASK YOU... "HOW CAN A VIEWER MAKE AN INFORMED JUDGEMENT OF WHAT'S GOING ON?"

AND IF A NEWS AGENCY WITHHOLDS INFORMATION... And it's host are allowed to put spin and engage in false arguments... to the point of misinformation / disinformation.... SORRY BUT THAT'S 'FAKE NEWS'! CLEAR AND SIMPLE!

"WHY WOULD A NEWS AGENCY AND IT'S HOSTS ACTIVELY W I T H H O L D INFORMATION?

It is not a precise science how much information is relevant and to the point and how much information is TOO much, confusing issues that can be simplified. We do this in our normal speech as humans. We do not go around talking all day long about everything we know or everything that has happened in painstaking detail, I do not expect media outlets to do so either. It is really subjective, imho. Some call it 'withholding' and maybe sometimes that is true. I think it is often true though that sponsors pay the bills (except NPR) and pay according to the belief that certain demographics will be viewers. So it makes sense for viewing, where opinions are concerned, will skew toward the types of demographics that sponsors are aiming for. The rest is a matter of simply listening to what is said and knowing the difference between commentary and facts, to collect details, look for fill in information that may be needed (sources on internet are vast and varied), and then form our own conclusions from the FACTS that we can siphon.

msharmony's photo
Wed 06/03/20 12:36 AM

Trump needs to be tried for treason

Treason and impeachment are vague enough procedures that the loopholes will never really see anyone in the White House to ever be proven guilty of either.

We just need to vote him away.

msharmony's photo
Tue 06/02/20 09:49 PM
Edited by msharmony on Tue 06/02/20 10:03 PM

They don't want a discussion...they want to lecture.

Everything is the fault of somebody else. Minneapolis has been run by Democrats since 1974. Baltimore, the last city that had massive police corruption charges and mass riots, has been run by Democrats since 1967. How much longer do they need to fix the problems of race within their city? Aren't they the ones with all the answers?

It is not really party politics. It is simply human condition. Some of the best and worst places here have democratic leaders, just like some of them have republican leaders. It is also not so much as a problem of isolated one-off type cities, but a nationally entrenched culture founded on the history of America. There is no simple fix or no magic 'party'that will have all the answers. The only way to get out is together, with understanding as humans and not merely 'democrat or republican'. And yes, because of the human condition, crimes happen. But there are certain 'trusted' positions held to a higher standard that deserve higher scrutiny. For instance, many children get molested. But if the molestor is someone like a teacher or priest, someone in a trusted position of authority, it does and should be closely followed so that checks and balances on 'authority' are not lost.

The justice system should deal with authorities like they do citizens who are not in those positions. As of yet, we know authorities get much more of a free pass on things citizens do not. And when I say authority, I am not speaking only of police but anyone who's position or status gives them dictation over the lives of others. Certain demographics get more a benefit of the doubt and attempt at peace or deescalation than other demographics do. This is the issue, imho, and what makes it at least seem that although all lives matter, the system does surely not treat all lives like they do.

msharmony's photo
Tue 06/02/20 09:50 AM

At least two people were killed and at least five police officers were shot on Monday night in the US during protests over the death of George Floyd.

The two deaths were in the Chicago suburb of Cicero, Illinois, officials confirmed.

Four police officers in St. Louis County, Missouri, were shot, though the injuries were not said to be life-threatening.

An officer was shot on the Las Vegas strip. Local media suggested he was more seriously hurt.

There were also violent scenes in Buffalo, New York, New York City, Washington, DC, and Philadelphia, among other cities.

https://www.insider.com/george-floyd-protests-2-dead-5-police-shot-hundreds-arrested-2020-6

I guess those lives don't count...I'm sure there won't be a vigil for those 2 dead in Chicago...that doesn't further the agenda

See, now (it actually should have been 6 days ago) is where the "movement" should lose all respectability and have civic leaders condemning those actions instead of warping the words of MLK to justify the actions. I really don't know what more these protesters want...the cops were fired, the ex-officer responsible has been charged and the wheels of justice are turning...

The justice system already trends towards those lives counting, unlike black lives. Those victims and families will see some type of justice for their loss. I do not see anyone justifying what you are talking about. There are peaceful protesters out and there are those causing harm to others. They are not all the same group. Those in the latter group should and will be prosecuted. What people want is to see real change, invasive SURGERY on systemic racism, not just band-aids.

msharmony's photo
Tue 06/02/20 07:25 AM
Edited by msharmony on Tue 06/02/20 07:36 AM

A career Criminal...

Resisting arrest after committing another just another in a long list of felonies...

Sounds like a legit reason to burn down buildings, loot and destroy businesses, deface monuments.

I only agree with looting when stores are going to take the loss no matter what, like in a flood or other natural disaster where supplies for survival end up being scarce otherwise. I never agree with rioting. Protests are a cornerstone of how America stands out and form a timeline of most culturally significant systemic changes in the history of the USA.

Two wrongs do not make a right. Even if he had committed a non violent crime, it was just wrong to kill him for it. As Blondie said, if it was that simple, they would not be fired. There was no excuse. HE was killed by compression that lasted well past the time that he was prone, on the ground, NOT RESISTING.

HE was pulled FROM the police car and thrown on the ground. The store owner 'suspected' a bill was counterfeit. But that is not evidence of a crime because bills cross many hands and often times people do not realize they received them. The appropriate response was to find out where the bill came from. If they decided an arrest was needed, once he was in the car, the rest was excessive fatal use of force. Period. Not to mention the totally senseless heartless choice to tell him to get up and in the car, when they were still HOLDING him down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/george-floyd-investigation.html

msharmony's photo
Mon 06/01/20 02:18 PM
Edited by msharmony on Mon 06/01/20 02:24 PM

If the Police never did wrong, then people would trust them. Nobody ever made a song called "F**k the Fire Department" did they?

Humans can be cowards, bigots, bullies. Anywhere people are, there are cowards, bigots, and bullies, regardless of occupation or status. What I take issue with is becoming complacent and accepting of these types in positions of authority over other people's lives, instead of actively seeking to minimize their presence wherever possible. This doesn't happen without accountability. And too often status, badge, money, et cetera, allows some people to escape being held accountable. So we do not here about FPD so often because they do not so much deal with specific individuals so much as properties where individuals could be of any demographic. Too often, where police are concerned, that badge gives them public authority to be judge and executioner too, instead of just the arresting authority. Too often, that mindset gives them authority to execute 'suspects' who should otherwise have their civil opportunity to be tried before a judge or jury. Too often the 'yeah, but before, they did blah and blah blah" mindset kind of gets sympathy and leaves these actions taken less and less seriously.

I've yet to see a Fireman, or Firewoman, accused of killing a civilian, in cold blood, cos to be blunt, that's exactly what it was! The guy said he couldn't breathe and his pleas fell on deaf ears and he was ignored. That to me is murder, as no mercy, or compassion was shown to him whatsoever! Protect and serve? Who the public? Themselves more like and the ones with money and in positions of power, it seems like to me!

I do see the difference though. Fireman work mostly in groups to save property, as opposed to the one on one that happens with officers and 'suspects'. The one on one
nature of police over fireman, makes the oppportunity for race bias leading to death to be more prevalent in police work than with putting out fires.

msharmony's photo
Mon 06/01/20 01:57 PM
drinker

msharmony's photo
Mon 06/01/20 01:41 PM
Edited by msharmony on Mon 06/01/20 01:54 PM

If the Police never did wrong, then people would trust them. Nobody ever made a song called "F**k the Fire Department" did they?

Humans can be cowards, bigots, bullies. Anywhere people are, there are cowards, bigots, and bullies, regardless of occupation or status. What I take issue with is becoming complacent and accepting of these types in positions of authority over other people's lives, instead of actively seeking to minimize their presence wherever possible. This doesn't happen without accountability. And too often status, badge, money, et cetera, allows some people to escape being held accountable. So we do not here about FPD so often because they do not so much deal with specific individuals so much as properties where individuals could be of any demographic. Too often, where police are concerned, that badge gives them public authority to be judge and executioner too, instead of just the arresting authority. Too often, that mindset gives them authority to execute 'suspects' who should otherwise have their civil opportunity to be tried before a judge or jury. Too often the 'yeah, but before, they did blah and blah blah" mindset kind of gets sympathy and leaves these actions taken less and less seriously. not to mention that it flies in the face of 'doing time' or the reality of being able to do better, if all that matters is that you were ONCE doing worse.

msharmony's photo
Mon 06/01/20 01:32 PM

I see a lot of racists under this post...
Why are y'all shying away from the truth?
What Chauvin did was wrong...and in my own words he should be charged with first degree murder!

It cannot be first degree in that state. First degree has to have premeditation proven. But THIRD degree murder does not have to have premeditation.

msharmony's photo
Mon 06/01/20 01:28 PM
Edited by msharmony on Mon 06/01/20 01:31 PM

I find it difficult, to feel any sympathy for
a fool who spent his entire life as a
violent criminal.

Good riddance.

From what I've read of this, the cop's actions
were very much in the wrong.
But, I've heard, that the cop wussed out,
and committed suicide.

Good riddance there, as well.

Just a reminder..
That many of the same people who
are in full rage mode now about
police brutality, said not one single
damned word about brutality, when
Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor,
shot and murdered an unarmed woman
Justine Damond.

I had to look it up. It is much more an outlier than 'lifelong thugs' with melanin being unnecessary killed, in a panicked 'moment' nonetheless. This mans's death was not within a panicked moment.

In any case> let us just HOPE this ends with a sentence for the killer and 20 mill for the family like in Ms. Damond's case. With police, it is not so often the case when the deceased is rich in melanin.

msharmony's photo
Mon 06/01/20 01:23 PM

To the family of George Floyd you have my deepest sympathiessad2 brokenheart . I pray that true justice will be rendered and served to you:thumbsup: .

George Flyod and his family don't deserve any respect whatsoever. If people commit crimes and assault officers they run the risk of being killed. If he would have obeyed the police none of this would have happened. That means building being destroyed, stores being looted, and understand there was people in many of those stores while they were being looted. The cost of all the law enforcement and everything that goes with it, and the closure of many businesses. What gives these protesters the right to gather while there are still restrictions in place for covid19 such as no gatherings of more than 10 people. How many people know what really happened? Most all of this has been propaganda set up by the media to fuel political views.

You are missing the point. IF a woman does not go out with a man, he can't date raper her. But that does not mean he is not just as liable and dispicable for the rape. If he commmited the crime, THEIR job is not the death penalty. They are not a jury or a judge. They are merely to arrest and detain. What they did went beyond to cause a death that should have been REAASONABLY foreseen. Period. There is no excuse for it. And I do not believe that kind of on the scene death penalty of unarmted people happens as often with any group as with black males. It is a shame,.

msharmony's photo
Mon 06/01/20 01:23 PM
Edited by msharmony on Mon 06/01/20 02:22 PM

To the family of George Floyd you have my deepest sympathiessad2 brokenheart . I pray that true justice will be rendered and served to you:thumbsup: .

George Flyod and his family don't deserve any respect whatsoever. If people commit crimes and assault officers they run the risk of being killed. If he would have obeyed the police none of this would have happened. That means building being destroyed, stores being looted, and understand there was people in many of those stores while they were being looted. The cost of all the law enforcement and everything that goes with it, and the closure of many businesses. What gives these protesters the right to gather while there are still restrictions in place for covid19 such as no gatherings of more than 10 people. How many people know what really happened? Most all of this has been propaganda set up by the media to fuel political views.

The same right those white protestors with GUNS had. If people are peacefully protesting, especially during a quarantine (which has been lifted in several places, by the way, for people to go back out and to work), certainly any out peacefully protesting are fine. And thanks to cell phones, what 'really happened' is pretty clearly visible for the nearly last TEN minutes of his life.

You are missing the point. IF a woman does not go out with a man, he can't date raper her. But that does not mean he is not just as liable and dispicable for the rape. If he commmited the crime, THEIR job is not the death penalty. Technically, i believe their only job in THIS situation was to ascertain if the bill was fake and where it came from. because bils pass hands such that the holder can be completely unaware that they are fake in the first place.
They are not a jury or a judge. They are merely to arrest and detain. What they did went beyond to cause a death that should have been REAASONABLY foreseen. Period. There is no excuse for it. And I do not believe that kind of on the scene death penalty of unarmted people happens as often with any group as with black males. It is a shame,.

msharmony's photo
Mon 06/01/20 01:16 PM

George Floyd was a Thug, he spent time in prison for armed robbery, he resisted arrest numerous times before they took him to the ground. Did the cop over do it? Yes. Did Floyd deserve to die? No. But this was never a black and white situation for all you racists out there trying to find anything they can to make an issue out of. This is authority verses Thug situation, that cop didn't care what color Floyd was. So how do people respond to this? Well why not go out and steal from some hard working people and burn some buildings to the ground in our neighborhood all while the cops stand by and watch without doing anything. I hope all you THUG SUPPORTERS out there are proud of yourselves, well us hard working tax payers pay for all your wrong doings. So many laws have been broken by the thugs and thug supporter but very few have been arrested even though it would be like shooting fish in a barrel to do so, where is justice when it is really needed?

I for one, do not support 'thugs'. However, I cannot condone 'thugs' in uniforms who behave in murderous unnecessary actions that end people's lives. And THAT is a behavior that is MORE LIKELY (ratio) to happen when the suspect has darker skin tone. That is the issue. I also do not support the types of back door justifications that hinge on what someone did in their PAST to somehow lessen how authorities treat them NOW.

msharmony's photo
Thu 05/28/20 11:57 AM
I think we should leave it to Supreme Court to interpret the Constitution.

msharmony's photo
Wed 05/27/20 02:35 PM
Not so far. Mostly a precaution, somewhat a disinterest. I am not a big talker and don't like listening to people that are...lol. I would rather type.

msharmony's photo
Wed 05/27/20 02:30 PM
I used to sing in a band, rock and roll, funk and soul. I loved it.

msharmony's photo
Wed 05/27/20 02:29 PM

just because i prefer same religion with my match makes me a racist?

No racist would be about the race of a match.

religionist, if it is a word, would be more than likely the description of being exclusive to one religion. Being that religion is somewhat about common beliefs though, and more relevant to relating, I wouldn't take issue with it or worry about others who do.

Racism is different, because it has much more to do with genetic ancestry, which we cannot control, than it does lifestyle and belief, which we can.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25