no photo
Mon 02/18/13 06:47 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Mon 02/18/13 06:47 AM
Substances like this really bend our definitions of solid and liquid out of shape.

Its good for the intellect to challenge our understanding of our labels. Even ones less murky.

no photo
Mon 02/18/13 06:41 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Mon 02/18/13 06:42 AM

I read nothing on this topic that says man hating. Someone merely asked a question; nothing to do with man hating.
Your right, female supremacy is not about hate.

Neither is white supremacy.

German supremacy.

Naaaa. . . . .huh

Here is what she wrote. "Are there any fans of misandry and the idea of female supremacy around here?" None of the women agreed with the ideal of female supremacy so therefore there was no man hating. If all the ladies agreed with it; then there would be man hating. Now, do you understand what I was saying? whoa
Then you meant "thread" not topic.

The topic is quite large, I linked a youtube channel that deals with the topic, and hate and discrimination are indeed a common trait.

I agree I did not see anyone saying anything hateful in this thread.

Might want to take some time and think about your word usage and how it might be understood before using the rolling eyes emoticon.

no photo
Sat 02/16/13 05:15 PM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Sat 02/16/13 05:15 PM
people often say 'guns dont kill people, PEOPLE kill people',,well DUH,, and cars dont kill people either(By themself) but that doesnt mean we just hand cars over to every one who wants to take a whack at driving,,,,,
Yes we do, the bar is so low an ant can walk over it.

. . all the while not a single word about the right to transportation in the constitution.

no photo
Thu 02/14/13 08:08 PM

I read nothing on this topic that says man hating. Someone merely asked a question; nothing to do with man hating.
Your right, female supremacy is not about hate.

Neither is white supremacy.

German supremacy.

Naaaa. . . . .huh

no photo
Wed 02/13/13 07:45 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Wed 02/13/13 07:46 AM
National security is far to vague, and its application to dismiss concerns overboard.

We need to demand a detailed, specific definition for what it means for national security to be in jeopardy and an objective litmus test.

We need to demand that laws be followed, and executive breaches be punished severely.

There is no single universally accepted definition of "National Security" since there are some differences on describing National as State and everything consist in a nation. The variety of definitions provide an overview of the many usages of this concept. The concept still remains ambiguous, having originated from simpler definitions which initially emphasised the freedom from military threat and political coercion to later increase in sophistication and include other forms of non-military security as suited the circumstances of the time
A problem that few politicians are trying to tackle, and they are often marginalized and called crazy.

no photo
Wed 02/13/13 07:36 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Wed 02/13/13 07:38 AM

Please tell me you people really believe that they will freely give away anything more than some basic tactical maneuvers or formations they no longer use. If someone believes that, then they don't know much about about the military. You know what they want you to know. This doesn't just go for the SEALS.

One retired general is sick of hearing about it from the Navy SEALs. "They’ve been splashing all of this all over the media,” retired Lt. General James Vaught, said at a meeting of the National Defense Industrial Association yesterday. “I flat don’t understand that. If you keep publishing how you do this, the other guy’s going to be ready for you, and he’s going to shoot down every damn helicopter and kill every one of your SEALs. Mark my words. Get the hell out of the media."

The thing that really gets me is the Navy SEALs appear to be "Going Hollywood" and making movies about their exploits. They should remain in the shadows, silent warriors.

Please tell me I am wrong?

Of course Generals jobs are political these days.

His job is to sell the main narrative, which is being tarnished by reality.

Your wrong, so long as the actions of our government remain secret we can never secure liberty.

no photo
Wed 02/13/13 07:34 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Wed 02/13/13 07:34 AM
According to a report by the Department of Justice, under the COPS program, we know that putting police officers in schools does reduce violent crime in those schools as well as provide a feeling of safety and security for students and faculty.
So police and professional guards have been mentioned.

After seeing the National Geographic special,"Guns in America" and reading this post, I'm wondering, seriously, has anyone advocated the arming of the students in all schools, if not, why not..?
How do you leap to arming kids from that?

See, it is this kind of dishonest approach that keeps anyone from achieving anything of value.

If it doesn't fit your agenda, lie.

no photo
Tue 02/12/13 03:03 PM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Tue 02/12/13 03:06 PM

Pure troll, wasting your time. All he does is troll the religious threads, only reason he is back over here is because he knows others care about this topic and thus he has an in to troll you endlessly.

Stop feeding him.

Bushidobillyclub...are you still mad about how I used The Cosmological Argument to prove that you were an Agnostic? ...it wasn't hard to do since only agnostics start those silly threads

also here in the political forum you have people taking about how Bush and Obama conspried to blow up the Statue of Liberty and the planet Zerkon but yet you call me a troll

if you wish to attack me..then do it in a debate...not by being a coward by trying to induce others into a Witch Hunt ...
I do not remember what screed you may or may not have put forth were you believed you proved me wrong, but this tiny bit makes me very much aware that the distinction between belief and knowledge is somewhat out of your intellectual reach.

I am both an atheist, and agnostic.

induce others into a Witch Hunt ...
If I thought you could, id ask you to explain how my advice to ignore you is a witch hunt . . . lol, just too easy.

I think I will now take my own advice!

Cheers,

no photo
Tue 02/12/13 02:58 PM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Tue 02/12/13 02:59 PM

These SEALS need to just STFU.

I disagree.

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.
Patrick Henry

no photo
Tue 02/12/13 08:41 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Tue 02/12/13 08:46 AM

What is the will anyway, and is it "free?"

Or are we all a bunch of living flesh responding to stimuli and instinct and programming with no choices?

If we have no will of our own, then why should anyone be accountable for any of their crimes or actions?

The will is an illusion created by our own minds. It's free in the since that it doesn't cost anything.

Yes, we are only robots responding to the environment with instincts that evolved over many generations.

We can still punish someone for their crimes because what they do effects the well being of others whether they had a choice in the matter or not. When we punish it is also use instincts.
Instinct says if I throw a brick at your head you will duck.

Can you choose to not duck the brick?

What if you know I am loaded financially, and cameras are rolling watching? What if you knew I had threaten to throw a brick and you were prepared to allow it to hit you in a place that wouldn't kill you?

Might you choose to not duck the brick?

As soon as one starts down the path of individual particles, and freedom of action as if the two are on the same scale the confusion begins, but when you deal just with choice, and how we make choices, it becomes clear that choice exists that instincts can be overridden and that will exists as the thing that makes it all possible.

Now explaining how this occurs is another matter entirely which IMHO is not needed to answer basic questions, and if you are not schooled in neurobiology AND computer science involving neural nets, then it would be wasted anyways.

no photo
Tue 02/12/13 08:32 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Tue 02/12/13 08:32 AM
Opposition and concerns

Some people and organized groups have expressed concerns regarding the cost, health, fire risk,[13] security and privacy effects of smart meters and the remote controllable "kill switch" that is included with most of them. Many of these concerns regard wireless-only smart meters with no home energy monitoring or control or safety features (see below under "smart meter backlash"). Metering-only solutions, while popular with utilities because they fit existing business models and have cheap up-front capital costs, often result in such "backlash". Often the entire smart grid and smart building concept is discredited in part by confusion about the difference between home control and home area network technology and AMI. The attorneys general of both Illinois and Connecticut have stated that they do not believe smart meters provide any financial benefit to consumers,[14] however, the cost of the installation of the new system will be absorbed by those customers.

During 2011 in "Why Smart Meters Might Be a Dumb Idea", Consumers Digest documented several concerns including, that pricing of the utility may become scheduled and become detrimental to users unable to adapt their use and equipment to meet new policies.[15] The need to purchase equipment and appliances designed to interface effectively with the new meters might be an additional financial burden to customers, especially those least able to afford new equipment when their present equipment works. Smart meters in some countries also can deny service or charge premiums to customers who exceed limits set by the company. The publication also suggests that the smart meters may never curtail electricity use and that customers will never see the energy and cost savings being promoted during a projected 23-year analysis in return for the investments they will be required to bear. Hardware and software upgrades will be required at the expense of customers. Additionally they cite that it might cost customers thousands of dollars to replace appliances and equipment with the new smart appliances being designed now to interface with the proposed meters. Other concerns relate to a remote controller "kill switch" incorporated into most smart meters.
Smart meter backlash

Most health concerns about the meters arise from the pulsed radiofrequency (RF) radiation emitted by wireless smart meters.[16]

Privacy concerns focus upon the collection of detailed energy data from customers, the accessibility of that data through the utility and possibly, at the site of the meter as well as the potential for sharing of this energy data without the knowledge or desire of customers.[citation needed] These concerns have been rather less for small North American utilities run by towns (public power districts) or rural electric co-operatives which have achieved about three times more penetration of these technologies with less resistance[citation needed].

Most security concerns center on the inherent hack-ability of wireless technology, combined with the remotely controllable "kill switch" incorporated into smart meters. Others have accused agencies of hiding smart meter plans under the term "smart grid" to avoid public input and obtain approval.

Reviews of smart meter programs, moratoriums, delays, and "opt-out" programs are some of the responses arising in response to the concerns of customers and government officials. In response to concerns and a lawsuit, in June 2012 a utility in Hawaii changed their smart meter program to "opt in" [17]

After receiving numerous complaints about health, hacking, and privacy concerns with the wireless digital devices, the Public Utility Commission of the US state of Maine voted to allow customers to opt out of the meter change at a cost of $12 a month.[18] In Connecticut, another US state to consider smart metering recently, regulators declined a request by the state's largest utility, Connecticut Light & Power, to install 1.2 million of the devices, arguing that the potential savings in electric bills do not justify the cost. CL&P already offers its customers time-based rates. The state's Attorney General George Jepsen was quoted as saying the proposal would cause customers to spend upwards of $500 million on meters and get few benefits in return, a claim that Connecticut Light & Power disputed.[19]

Concerns are real. Not just conspiracy theorist material either.

Consumer Digest weighs in.
http://www.consumersdigest.com/special-reports/why-smart-meters-might-be-a-dumb-idea

no photo
Tue 02/12/13 08:17 AM
Real solutions are not created by law, only physical actions.

A politician is the last person you would call if you had a dangerous animal in your back yard, why would we ever think they could fix an issue like this?

Today a customer was telling me about their personal business: he runs a small computer service fixing technology for home users.

He said he his wife came up with a labeling system for customers so that when "special" customer called she and her husband would be prepared.

He described some users that would literally catalog every single thing that either bothered them, gave them problems, or just seemed like it should be different and would do nothing to fix it themselves or even learn about it enough to know if it really was a problem.

The files for this group of people were labeled H&H.

Hypersensitive, and Helpless.

The reason for labeling this group explicitly was because if you try to use logic, reason, or explain why something was not a problem you would end up regretting having tried to show them vs just listen to them complain about it, or commiserate about the shared inability to change it . . .

I believe that those that feel firearms only belong in the hands of police and military are H&H.

They are so disconnected from what it takes to actually navigate the problem that only commiseration, sympathy, and pity are seen as appropriate, or make up rules which you expect everyone else to follow without doing anything to actually make it happen.

no photo
Tue 02/12/13 08:03 AM
Pure troll, wasting your time. All he does is troll the religious threads, only reason he is back over here is because he knows others care about this topic and thus he has an in to troll you endlessly.

Stop feeding him.

no photo
Mon 02/11/13 09:17 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Mon 02/11/13 09:25 AM

They are kinda silly as is anyone who believes these meters are a danger to their privacy.

The only difference is these can be read from the street by a wireless device instead of them having to come into the yard or having to search for them.

You are in the same "danger" from wifi.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH scaryslaphead
No actually they can do a LOT more than that.

Every single device you use will be known, even what kind of activities the devices are being used for can be known.

Quite a lot of data can be extracted. We just need some legal teeth, prevent them from using or collecting this data.

Wireless to get your usage data is benign, but all the rest is most assuredly NOT.

no photo
Mon 02/11/13 09:09 AM

They didn't realize when they were raising the flag that it wasn't the state flag? huh

laugh laugh ...heres your sign,,,,,
the 2 flags are pretty similar.

no photo
Fri 02/08/13 11:56 AM
This certainly does not help the department look competent and on the up and up.

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 11:51 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Thu 02/07/13 11:53 AM

Whats an Indian?

Whats a country before someone draws a map and gives it a name?

If you had 100 million people living on a single continent and none of them calling themselves other than human what then?

You guys could sit here and revisit ancient history with specifics, or you could just keep generalizing vague terms with little meaning over large spans of time and about groups of humans with little actual differences.

The thing is neither is really going to prove anything.

Bushidobillyclub....oh so now you don't know what an Indian is?..you never watched a second of American Television with Indians...

you went thought the entire school system never learning what an Indian was....

you never pick up or read a book that mention anything about Indians,

you have the entire wealth of man's knowledge (supposedly) on The Internet at your fingertips but yet you're confused to or never heard of an Indian

and you guys wondering what's wrong with America ....apparently it's the public school system
You missed my point. Unsurprising.

I'm a duck...I'm also an indigenous native of this land because I was born here and that's what the Europeans found when they arrived on Turtle Island centuries ago. They called the indigenous natives Indians by accident, but the moniker stuck because Indians were known to be non-Christian heathens that had to be converted to Christianity (in accordance with Imperial Church/(business) policy). This policy suited the european power interests who coveted the land and its resources very well. Consequently the Indians were forced at gunpoint to adopt European ways. Those who didn't were considered savages who stood in the way of "progress" (profit), so they were systematically killed off in droves. The more honourable Indian understanding of law (that provided some of the principles of natural law used in the original American Constitution) stood in opposition to to the more profitable European feudalistic system based on land & resources being private property, so the natural law the indians lived by (which made land and resources part of the common) had to be "removed" for the sake of profit. This resulted in what amounts to a cultural (and nearly actual) genocide.

Why don't we all wise up and quit playing the "who was here first" game and recognize that anyone born on a land is a native of that land, with the same natural rights and duties as anyone else? It's time to quit playing "us" versus "them"...There is no "them"...only us...the people. Countries and other crap like that were just things that were made up, mostly for the unlawful over-exploitation of resources for the profit of a small and extraordinarily wealthy elite that has exploited us as a human resource for centuries.
HEY, at least someone decided to get some details and explain some history, and clearly got my point.

History is about the only way to tell one people from another.

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 07:58 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Thu 02/07/13 07:59 AM
Whats an Indian?

Whats a country before someone draws a map and gives it a name?

If you had 100 million people living on a single continent and none of them calling themselves other than human what then?

You guys could sit here and revisit ancient history with specifics, or you could just keep generalizing vague terms with little meaning over large spans of time and about groups of humans with little actual differences.

The thing is neither is really going to prove anything.

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 07:37 AM

In these kinds of discussions people want to focus on blame because someone lost their lives we have cultural reasons to avoid any fault on the person who lost their life.

Fault and cause are really different things.

As humans that live within a society we are expected to act in certain ways. We are expected to respect the rights of others, and the right to life is the most important.

Some facts can be gleaned without assigning blame.

Just the facts.

The lack of respect shown by neglecting to take your dog on a walk, and allowing it to defecate where it should not causes anger in those that are negatively effected.

The man either could not control his anger, or did not want to (a court will decide which). A human being killed another human being and not in self defense, which is unacceptable and if found guilty the man will be punished, at least loose his freedom, and at most his life.

Can any of us take away anything from these facts. Yes.

Respect your neighbors.

Just a little respect and the jackasses would still be alive today.
They made their graves.
I dont know the future, its possible something else would have made him that angry, but I agree that if you dont give people a reason to be angry it is often true that they will not be angry, and that anger tends to be what causes such tragic situations.

Respect has a way of diffusing anger and preventing it to begin with.

no photo
Thu 02/07/13 07:26 AM
Edited by Bushidobillyclub on Thu 02/07/13 07:28 AM
In these kinds of discussions people want to focus on blame because someone lost their lives we have cultural reasons to avoid any fault on the person who lost their life.

Fault and cause are really different things.

As humans that live within a society we are expected to act in certain ways. We are expected to respect the rights of others, and the right to life is the most important.

Some facts can be gleaned without assigning blame.

Just the facts.

The lack of respect shown by neglecting to take your dog on a walk, and allowing it to defecate where it should not causes anger in those that are negatively effected.

The man either could not control his anger, or did not want to (a court will decide which). A human being killed another human being and not in self defense, which is unacceptable and if found guilty the man will be punished, at least loose his freedom, and at most his life.

Can any of us take away anything from these facts. Yes.

Respect your neighbors.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25