Community > Posts By > TheresMyFriend

no photo
Wed 06/02/10 01:44 PM
Did someone say "conceited"?

Funny! :laughing:

no photo
Tue 06/01/10 06:51 PM

...mixed martial arts could be developed into a religion?

There's always a "possibility", now "probability" would be a different story!

drinker

no photo
Mon 05/31/10 09:09 PM
I'd have to submit this one also by Steve Vai

"Tender Surrender"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw74sDWPH7U

no photo
Mon 05/31/10 05:18 PM
My Dentist says that "it is not good to brush alone", because of plaque buildup!

So, that puts me into a position of looking for a companion!

Who would have thunk-it?

OK, ladies...BYOB (Bring Your Own Brush)!

:laughing: drinks :laughing:

no photo
Mon 05/31/10 04:35 PM

Yeah. They are fun to play with. I had fun with my first Color2 by Tandy long ago. I had fun with the old True Blue by IBM. Been On line since 1995 with Windows For Work-groups then. Computers sure are fun. :smile:

Remember when you had to call the individual computers by phone-modem (bulletin boards)...running at 14.4 bps?

My long distant bill has been as much as $300+ a month.

Used to get the magazine with the listed systems you could call and log onto.

I barley remember the one just slower than that. But when 14.4 hit the market...I thought a "flight jacket" should have been included!

This was after I built my first XT running at 4 - 6 mhz and 8meg of RAM. That was a fast machine! :laughing:

The VERY first was the Commodore 64, but...that's another story.

OK, enjoy your O/S's...

drinker

no photo
Mon 05/31/10 03:06 PM
Hey Rainbow,
Back a few years ago, I was trying all those different O/S's and it bout drove me crazy!

(notice I said "bout drove" me crazy, but I'm sure their those that think it succeeded)

I even got to a point that I was going to set up a separate PC, for each of the O/S I was liking. Hmmm, big idea that was...and expensive as well.

This is about the time I was checking the Mac, and got more and more into it. I started stepping away from the others, gradually.

Anyway...long story short...I ended up with a Mac(primary) and PC(secondary) only.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing with the different one, and seeing what features it had, over the others...but not so much anymore.

Main reason for this post, is to say I know how much you must enjoy those many different O/S's. Have fun with'em.

no photo
Mon 05/31/10 10:51 AM

Lean over him until the boobs shadowed the print..

Lean a little closer, I have a lot of pages to be shadowed!

drinker

no photo
Sun 05/30/10 11:06 PM
Edited by TheresMyFriend on Sun 05/30/10 11:07 PM

WOW msharmony, you can stroke my ego any day. I know there are some people out there just waiting for any excuse. "If I'm dying, this whole bus is coming with me!" type of stuff, but I believe most would do things to make sure their family is taken care of.

No TheresMyFriend, I'm not really into politics, but I was thinking about getting into the oil business. Sorry if that was too soon...

Good answer about the oil business...I'll have to remember to include that in the same category! drinks

no photo
Sun 05/30/10 10:54 PM

Seriously think bout it... What if I posed as A doctor and then lie and told you that you had one day to live? Sure, that's a REALLY BAD joke to play on anyone, but just think of all the good things you would do in that one day.

Or, we can use a traditional scene... You know damn well that if you tell the truth and say she does look a little fat in that dress that you might as well go put your PJ's on, because the night is OVER in more ways than one.

Thought I'd have a little fun, since I'm a newbie. And sue me if I'm not original.

No....It's not OK, unless your planning to be a politician or lawyer!
drinker

no photo
Sun 05/30/10 12:07 PM
Edited by TheresMyFriend on Sun 05/30/10 12:07 PM

I would love to seethe choice, NO Confidence, on the ballot!

Wouldn't it be weird/funny to go to vote, and see on the ballot "None Of The Above"!

Wonder how many would choose that one!

drinker

no photo
Sun 05/30/10 11:49 AM

Nobody can fix the economy.

Nobody can be trusted with their finger on the button.

Nobody's perfect.

Vote for Nobody.

drinks

no photo
Sat 05/29/10 03:38 PM

Anyone know how to get rid of them? I've had the same family coming for years, have had the dogs and no problems.
This year..there are 3 of them (one presumably the chick that saved and protected while parents fed until it could fly a week later) and they are in nesting. They stop singing during this time and this year are attacking the dogs well into deep twilight if they go outside the front or the back. Have been lightly throwing a handful of pebbles at them so now they stay out of my reach. Any suggestions?

maybe this link to a forum, may have some answers for your question.

I didn't read through them...leave that to you.

http://www.waccobb.net/forums/general-community/19762-advice-mockingbird-problem-needed-asap.html

TMF

no photo
Sat 05/29/10 02:40 PM
It sounds like your curser (for some reason) has jumped out of the context box/area that you were working in!

Mind has done that before, and that is what I have deducted it to be for me. I use FireFox on a Mac.

It has done it on this site, as well as others. So, YellowRose is right, it would not be an issue with this site.

Hey, it happens! Hope this helped.

TMF

drinker

no photo
Fri 05/28/10 05:03 PM

If your partner is not taking care of business sexually, is it justification to mess around?

Sure...only AFTER your divorce is final!

That's not saying you can't already have one standing by, but only after the divorce!

Just my 2¢ worth!

drinker

no photo
Fri 05/28/10 07:15 AM

& PAIN PILLS somehow does the TRICK when your in PAIN! spock whoa shades

Wouldn't that really depend on the pain or type of pain?

Just asking!

what

no photo
Wed 05/26/10 09:04 PM
Edited by TheresMyFriend on Wed 05/26/10 09:06 PM

What is real romance as compared to faked romance?

What does it mean to be "romantic?"

Could "romantic" be defined being dramatic and in love at the same time?

Now after reading your post...a question came to mind:

"What is REAL mayonnaise compared to generic mayonnaise?

Is it really Hellmann's?

What does it mean to be REAL?

Could REAL be defined being smooth and thick at the same time?""

drinks

no photo
Wed 05/26/10 02:28 PM

Thank You, I did receive this in an email from a friend who is in the National Guard. Makes you wonder how rumors like this get started though.

In the 30 years of being on the Net...I guess I've seen about all there is to see!

I've learned to check with Snopes first, before I start to believe all that I get in the e-mail. E-mail is a popular way of distributing rumors and such.

But, I thought you would want to know...is the reason that I posted my comment.

drinker flowers

no photo
Wed 05/26/10 02:11 PM
Edited by TheresMyFriend on Wed 05/26/10 02:12 PM
It's well known on here that I am NOT an Obama fan, but I checked this out on Snopes...and it appears (to them) that this is a FALSE rumor.

Here is the link to confirm:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

no photo
Wed 05/26/10 09:23 AM
Sounds like something that would keep a democrat busy all day!

drinks :laughing: drinks

no photo
Wed 05/26/10 09:16 AM
Here's an idea that came to me in a cloud of dust:

"Why not run an ad for a single lady with nice good condition car for sale or willing to trade"!

I know, I know...I'm good that way (with ideas)!

drinks

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25