Community > Posts By > TheresMyFriend

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 02:14 PM

With the lights on, does "Glow In The Dark" condoms not work as well as regular condoms?

rofl rofl huh glow in the dark condoms.. WOW! didnt even know they had those...LOL

I only knew by watching many years of comedy sketches, movies, and funny dialogs from stand up comedians. I swear...that is the ONLY way I knew it too!
(whew! guess she believes that...hahaha)

biggrin

Hmmmmmmm picturing you in a neon lime green one! drool

...while cutting you a piece of Key-Lime pie, with neon crystals!

Might get confusing, huh?

:laughing: :laughing:

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 01:58 PM

With the lights on, does "Glow In The Dark" condoms not work as well as regular condoms?

rofl rofl huh glow in the dark condoms.. WOW! didnt even know they had those...LOL

I only knew by watching many years of comedy sketches, movies, and funny dialogs from stand up comedians. I swear...that is the ONLY way I knew it too!
(whew! guess she believes that...hahaha)

biggrin

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 01:06 PM

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 12:47 PM

I pretty much just cuss at them in my rearview mirror until they go around or get off my a**! lol...I figure since I have a bad habit of doing it myself, I have no room to complain too much. It actually just tells me that I need to get my a** in gear and get out of the way! lol...

The only time I am bad about doing it to someone is when they are in the fast lane and not keeping up with the flow of traffic. That irritates the crap outta me and gets the road rage going a little!

Slower traffic to the right please! bigsmile

Why do you tailgate instead of just going around?

Because normally the slower traffic IS in the right lane and there is no way to go around. If you are not going to keep up with the flow of traffic in the fast lane then you need to get over into the right lane...not back up the fast lane!

That brings up a new question to your answer:

"What if you have 'Right Lane Phobia'?"

Just asking...what

Right Lane Phobia? lol...that's a new one on me?

Thought you'd find it funny.

Hey...if your in the right lane, and you have this feeling of a pulling force from the right, like your on the edge of a cliff, and your afraid of running off the road, unless your in the left.

Makes sense to me. flowers

Actually I do have "Right Lane Phobia"...I don't wanna be over there in the right lane with all the slow drivers!!! bigsmile

laugh I know where your coming from on that.

I mean, most of the time...I don't have all day to get somewhere.

Just drive safe and careful. shades

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 12:29 PM

I pretty much just cuss at them in my rearview mirror until they go around or get off my a**! lol...I figure since I have a bad habit of doing it myself, I have no room to complain too much. It actually just tells me that I need to get my a** in gear and get out of the way! lol...

The only time I am bad about doing it to someone is when they are in the fast lane and not keeping up with the flow of traffic. That irritates the crap outta me and gets the road rage going a little!

Because normally the slower traffic IS in the right lane and there is no way to go around. If you are not going to keep up with the flow of traffic in the fast lane then you need to get over into the right lane...not back up the fast lane!

Just asking...what

Right Lane Phobia? lol...that's a new one on me?

Thought you'd find it funny.

Hey...if your in the right lane, and you have this feeling of a pulling force from the right, like your on the edge of a cliff, and your afraid of running off the road, unless your in the left.

Makes sense to me. flowers

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 12:23 PM

Just asking...what

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 11:35 AM

Yeah I'm not so interested in speeding tickets, have had 2 but both were 3+ years ago. The only problem with my car now is that it's so heavy and rides so smooth that it still feels like 60 when you're going 90... Last ticket was 91 in a 65 oops

Hey...I can relate to that one:

Back in my younger days (early 70's), I had just bought a Fleetwood Cadillac, and was stopped on Interstate 75 by trooper for going (and was ticketed) 127mph in a 65mph zone! Lucked out...fine was only $25, but back then that was like $250!

Your right...a big car takes you faster than you think you are going.

drinker

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 10:04 AM
Edited by TheresMyFriend on Tue 05/18/10 10:05 AM

welcome dude drinker ....( puts feet up and prepares to watch ) this should be rich laugh

Welcome to the new guy!

I was just thinking the same thing...whose bringing the popcorn?

drinker

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 09:02 AM

Mine and my daughter's would be a TOMATO, CUCUMBER and BASIL w/mayo....YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Peccy's would be a Hamburger,ketchup and onion ....boringwhoa

What is you fav. sandwich combination?smile2

Would have to be:

BLT on Texas toast, and double (or triple) bacon, with fries!

or alternative would be a:

Whopper from BK and fries.

no photo
Tue 05/18/10 08:12 AM

This discussion came up with some of my friends yesterday and I'm interested in hearing responses here.

When someone is tailgating you, how do you deal with it? Do you do anything? Ignore them? Speed up? Slow down? What if it's a two lane road? What about a multi-lane road?

*Note, I am not asking for advice. Just interested in hearing opinions.

With me, if someone is in such a hurry as to "tailgate" me...I automatically slow down...hit the brakes several times...hopefully they get the message. Slow to a crawl, if necessary...if they get angry, I really give'em something to get angry about. Keeping in mind, that I am not going to exceed the speed limit...

JMO
TMF
drinker

no photo
Mon 05/17/10 09:51 PM

I guess I will ask the first question. If you will please explain the logistics of a CarBBQ............smokin

afer chekin wif my couzen...she says 49% latudude , and

145% longatude and 23% west! That is the loquestics of CarBBQ!

Or easier to go down 2 miles, till you see Mr Jones hay staks on tha right, and turn left...not at tha stop sign...but tha horse design mailbox on the left...thin you will be thare!

Gud luck!

drinks

no photo
Mon 05/17/10 05:27 PM

In your opinion...which would be better for a beginner to start out on, elect or acoustic?

Taking into consideration of the wearing out of the finger tips?

Is one easier on the fingers, than the other?

Well, you have to look at that from two different perspectives.

First, electric guitars are far more adjustable than acoustics. Typically, electrics play much easier.

That does depend on the set up of the instrument. On the other hand, electrics tend to cover some mistakes, which is not a good thing.

My theory is, "if you get the song right on acoustic, it can't help but be right on electric." I also discourage the use of effects pedals for electric guitars, until the fundamentals are down. Electrics and effects will cover mistakes, but basically will sound like crap.

Thanks for your advice.

drinker

no photo
Mon 05/17/10 04:37 PM

My best advice, is get the fundamentals down. I recommend "guitar chord guru" If you only want to learn chords. For lead, "guitar scale guru" both are by karl Aranjo, and the books work in conjunction.

The biggest thing, is a comfortable playing guitar. Starting out, it's a bit rough on the fingertips. By having a properly adjusted guitar, you can make it less painful.. Lets face it, if it hurts, you won't practice long, and will lose interest. Most guitars are not set up properly.

Invest in an electronic tuner. You can get these for about 15 bucks, and good tuning is essential. (unless you have an excellent ear for music)

As mentioned elsewhere, practice, practice, practice. A couple hours/day is a good thing.

Tabs are a good thing, but i will caution, a lot of online tabs are not correct. You tube does have some nice instructional videos, some are pretty good, some aren't.

I have played guitar since i was a kid, and have taught a lot of folks. That guitar, can be a life long friend, if you invest a little time.

Hope this helps, above all, have fun with it!

In your opinion...which would be better for a beginner to start out on, elect or acoustic?

Taking into consideration of the wearing out of the finger tips?

Is one easier on the fingers, than the other?

no photo
Mon 05/17/10 03:43 PM

Learn how to read guitar tabs. (its not that hard to learn)

Here is an awesome site..
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

This site pretty much has the tabs to any song you can think of. You don't even have to know how to read music.

also youtube.com has plenty online guitar tutorials.

Thanks, book marked that one as well...looks like a pretty good site.

drinker

no photo
Mon 05/17/10 11:40 AM

I hope you're joking about them still being in the box!

Seriously speaking:

I have had both out of the box, and looked at and picked around on them maybe a total of 15 minutes, then back into the box!

Then told myself I would start the regiment of learning guitar...even ordered DVD instructions, a book or two...but they are around here somewhere (guitars never came back out of the box).

That's where the situation is at present date.

I think about it occasionally, just seems like not enough hours in a day.

My intentions are still there.

drinker

Well, I guess when you are really interested in learning, you'll put the effort into learning. Asking for help is one thing, but you're still going to have to put effort into it.

Anyway, this seems to be a decent place to start:

http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/

OK...I book marked it...thanks for the info.

flowers

no photo
Sun 05/16/10 09:33 PM

I still want to know WHICH COUNTRY'S PASSPORT he travels on ...

I never thought about it before, till you mentioned it...but does he even need one? what

no photo
Sun 05/16/10 09:08 PM

After reading this, once again...I shake my head back and forth, in dis-belief that he can still be in office, with soooo much controversy all around him (obama)!

It's like trying to put a square-peg, into a round-hole! I actually think this country is already headed down the hole of no return.

We're really just riding out our time, till complete destruction...by his hand.

OK...now let me have it from those that disagree, I have my opinion, and you have yours...go ahead...throw your stones! We don't have much time anyway!

JMO

no photo
Sun 05/16/10 08:06 PM
Edited by TheresMyFriend on Sun 05/16/10 08:11 PM

So are you a Pirate or a Buccaneer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce8wSqvdnKY

Me? I'm a Effing Buccaneer!

Trying to figure my place in the line-up!

Where would I be with 28,000+ MP3 files d/l to date?

Maybe this is not the line I need to be in!!

Is this not the line for the Commodity peanut-butter and cheese?

what drinks

no photo
Sun 05/16/10 05:18 PM

Thanks to both of you...

I bookmarked both of your information's.

drinker

no photo
Sun 05/16/10 03:55 PM

I hope you're joking about them still being in the box!

Seriously speaking:

I have had both out of the box, and looked at and picked around on them maybe a total of 15 minutes, then back into the box!

Then told myself I would start the regiment of learning guitar...even ordered DVD instructions, a book or two...but they are around here somewhere (guitars never came back out of the box).

That's where the situation is at present date.

I think about it occasionally, just seems like not enough hours in a day.

My intentions are still there.

drinker

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25