Community > Posts By > pkd1220

no photo
Mon 01/23/12 12:15 PM
Good advise Terry. I talked to a guy on the phone Friday night and told him I didn't want to date him-just be friends. Turns out he had a heart attack that night and blocked artery at 47. With both parents, all grandparents and many others gone from my life-you better not waste time letting others know. I don't!!

no photo
Mon 01/23/12 12:12 PM

It’s Simple...

I won’t be discovered
after my death,
we already have an
Emily Dickinson

I have no
dilutions
about it
it’ll not make me rich
or famous
I don’t follow the rules
I don’t plan
I simply
write

I cannot quote
the greats
I don’t try to emulate
any of them
I don’t wish to be
the next
Neruda,
Whitman,
or Yeats
I just want to be me
so I simply
write
and I write
simply

I don’t do it to please
people
I don’t do it because
I want to
I do it,
because sometimes
it’s in me
sometimes, it needs to
get out
and I write purely
because
there are times
when being
silent
is not living
and so it is,
with apologies
to the masters
I
write

kc `12

Those are the best reasons of all, so wonderfully put as always...

no photo
Mon 01/23/12 11:56 AM
very romantic....you are both lucky to have found each other.:heart:

no photo
Mon 01/16/12 07:55 PM
One day Terry, one day....

no photo
Mon 01/16/12 07:54 PM
flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 01/16/12 07:52 PM
This is a great song. You can listen to it on youtube.

no photo
Mon 01/16/12 11:58 AM
very interesting- I like!!!!

no photo
Sun 01/15/12 07:54 PM
Well, I'm certainly not bringing a pie to the table.laugh

Cooking well isn't a talent of mine.

I can tell a good story and like to do lots of things, so someone wouldn't be bored.

no photo
Fri 01/13/12 12:02 PM
A friend posted this joke on facebook-thought it was pretty funny.

What did the banana say to the vibrator...why are you shaking, she's gonna eat me.

no photo
Fri 01/13/12 11:58 AM
Lots of different books for different reasons. I'll mention a couple.

Many make me thankful for the life that I live. A sure testiment that people should never give up -even though Sylvia Plath did.

Glass Castle-Jannette Walls
The Bell Jar-Sylvia Plath
A Boy Called It- Dave Pelzer

no photo
Fri 01/13/12 11:49 AM
Happy Friday the 13th birthday. It has to be lucky, cause you're still here. drinker drinker :banana: :banana: :banana: drinker

no photo
Fri 01/13/12 11:37 AM
Kristi-let's just say we're happy campers that would spend even more time camping or doing whatever, if we had more funds available to us. laugh :wink:

If anyone wants to help our cause, feel free. lol

no photo
Fri 01/13/12 11:19 AM
Anyone can reply to the forums or your topic regardless of what you prefer. It is an open forum. Not from your area, but best of luck and welcome to Mingle2!!!waving

no photo
Fri 01/13/12 11:17 AM
I am happy with myself and happy with my life. Never really gave a thought to wanting to be someone else. Good for you and welcome to Mingle2.

no photo
Fri 01/13/12 11:14 AM
In this culture we categorize and analyze everything. Differences are categorized as manly or feminine based on past history and knowledge. We have to have a basis to explain concepts or behaviors. Nothing is ever an absolute because we are breathing, human beings. It is human nature. Just like labeling a person's nationality, or religion or age. It's something we deal with everyday.

No need to take offense at explanations that are dated. People would say that many of my responses or personality traits are more manly, but I am a feminine person. We all have both traits inside us to a lesser or greater degree. That's what makes us interesting.

I brought up my son to the thinking that there are no girl or boy colors or toys, etc. What one finds manly another might find feminine based on personal experiences. I say don't worry about it and find interesting people to spend time with period.

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:52 AM
writing it out is a release in a way... great writing.
hoping you find the hope in a new day...someday when you're ready.

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:49 AM
beautiful sentiments:heart:

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:39 AM

Our families influence us. Mine was not the best, but I am greatful for what I had. I took whatever situations I was involved in with them and made the best out of it. I interacted with my family and helped them out expecting nothing in return.

What my family lacked I found by surrounding myself with loving and accepting friends. Parents and grandparents are all gone. I interact sporadically with three younger brothers by choice. I have my son and will always be there for him and he knows this.

I am happy with how I turned out despite whatever challenges I faced. I am a strong woman who will always land on my feet. I thank my family for that and love those that are left. I embrace what I love about them and accept them, faults and all, because they are my FAMILY.
:heart: :heart: :heart: And we are all so happy that you are who you are.

Thanks Kim. :heart: :heart: :heart: I see so many that continue to be bothered by their families. They continue looking for validation or acceptance or support by people that aren't able or willing to give it. Accept, love and feel good about yourself first and whatever you felt you weren't given by your family won't be so devasting to you.

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:22 AM
Our families influence us. Mine was not the best, but I am greatful for what I had. I took whatever situations I was involved in with them and made the best out of it. I interacted with my family and helped them out expecting nothing in return.

What my family lacked I found by surrounding myself with loving and accepting friends. Parents and grandparents are all gone. I interact sporadically with three younger brothers by choice. I have my son and will always be there for him and he knows this.

I am happy with how I turned out despite whatever challenges I faced. I am a strong woman who will always land on my feet. I thank my family for that and love those that are left. I embrace what I love about them and accept them, faults and all, because they are my FAMILY.

no photo
Sat 01/07/12 09:03 AM
The sun glaring directly in my eyes at work-don't get to see that happen often this time of year. A man with his new wife happy and looking at kitchens. Remembering that a few years ago his wife died of cancer and it was great to see him happy again and remarried.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25