Community > Posts By > ronny4dating

no photo
Wed 03/03/10 07:59 PM
jeez....do i really need to read all that?

no photo
Wed 03/03/10 07:58 PM
can't even phathom it!

no photo
Wed 03/03/10 07:57 PM
a...."f" off!

no photo
Thu 02/25/10 05:42 AM

you see i had to explain the details or lie...

if someone cancelled plans with me at the last minute, the very least i would expect would be an explanation of the details.

why does that seem to be such a difficult thing to do?

well thats when I needed to mention my ex....thats when it got ugly. so ealier people critisized why mention the ex? You see my point? Not that I wanted to mention my ex but due to needing a logocal explanation i had to mention her.

no photo
Wed 02/24/10 11:45 PM

First, and this is VERY important, you must NOT be trying to get her number. Instead go in, say hi, introduce yourself and shake hands. Then start a conversation. Ask her an open ended question. Get to know her a little and see if there's any sparks. Have fun and tease her a little.

DO NOT tell her how pretty she is. She already know that because every guy in the friggin world tells her so. Complement her on her mind. For who she is, not for her looks.

You are so hot! = Bad

Wow, you are really know a lot about X. That's cool! = Good

Find out what's unique about her and tell talk about that. Let her know that you can see deeper into her than other men do.

BE REAL! Be your true self.

You know what I have always paid women compliments and i have always got the same reaction every time! They light up like a christmas tree! How you say it matters, but the thought a woman does not like a compliment is crazy! women love flattery, it is the most powerful tool a man has to winning a ladies heart! You just have to be smooth about it that's all! Good luck with telling them how smart they are! maybe talk politics? frustrated

no photo
Wed 02/24/10 11:26 PM
well it is definately in the 100's! not sure about thounsands yet, I feel like i have dated every woman in a 100 mile radius!.......

no photo
Wed 02/24/10 11:17 PM
yeah he was just probably like what the hell do i do? just sitting there? Kinda akward when someone else is on the phone if ur in the passanger seat. look out the window,,,,think,,,,talk to yourself? it would annoy me....when people do that to me i ask them questions and pretend like they arent on the phone just like they pretend i'm not there. sales appointments this happens a lot!

no photo
Wed 02/24/10 11:02 PM

She asked why..."with an attitude"...and i explained.

I think you're forgetting that she was probably just as excited about getting together as you were. When you suddenly told her that you couldn't see her it must have been very disappointing for her, which explains her reaction (what you call a 'attitude'). I don't think it was the cancellation that was an issue as much as your ex being involved. A relationship is supposed to be between two people, not three, so I see her point here. Yes you have an ex and it will be part of your next relationship, but that is YOUR issue and shouldn't be your next partners. It's simply a matter of how you handle integrating your ex into your next relationship.

Who the hell in this world is without some form of baggage at 41?

Actually quite a lot of people, but it's not the baggage that's the issue, it's how it's handled. When you first started dating in your teens or 20's, would you have wanted your girlfriend to keep pushing her last boyfriend into your relationship? Probably not. There's no difference here. No one wants to play third fiddle.

look i think your missing the point here. she had every right to be disappointed! I couldn't leave bottom line my daughter needed me. so how do i break the news knowing she was gonna be disappointed? she asked...y not get babysitter? ur older daughter is there isn't she? you see i had to explain the details or lie... She knew about my phsycho ex....been down that road before so i'm upfront about it! once i said the deatails she got really pissed and started talking smack and saying i'm not putting up with this crap and said later "click"..... So the question was this! Is it wrong for me to expect her to support me? I mean she knew about ex "warned her"! I don't know i'm in the opinion of if you like someone you have expectaions based on things they can control things thay can not that go wrong you stand behind them and support them...thats how i see it anyways.....but i see some are in the opinion to the contrary! now if she had no prior knowledge i would of been much more apoligetic....but we where talking daily for two weeks!

no photo
Wed 02/24/10 10:38 PM

So i met someone i really like finally....Talked about a week and a half every chance we got. went out on wednesday for drinks near her place. I met some of her friends and after drinks went to a nice dinner. Everything perfect so far..... we scheduled another date for saturday, was gonna spend the day together. I was excited, really liked her. Then my ex did not show up to pick up my daughter for weekend..."lives with me"....So i called and canceled. She asked why..."with an attitude"...and i explained. She was cool with it, but when i mentioned my ex trippen she said later i'm not dealing with that "baby mama drama"... So i say later don't let the door hit u in the azz on the way out. now she is back tracking and trying to call me to apoligize...so the question....Is it wrong for me to expect a woman to support me in my life? I mean i can't control my ex, so y hold it against me??? I told her early i had an ex that was a problem. Who the hell in this world is without some form of baggage at 41? I don't get it!

I find your post really interesting. A parent who found myself single and wishing to date I can relate to the ups and downs.

It is fun to meet someone and be excited about them; lavishing them with attention and thinking all the other issues in life will some how not intrude on the romance.

In dateing people tend to hear what they want to hear and vague comments about a non-custodial parent being a "problem" doesn't really sink in, especially to a non-parent, until it smacks them in the face like a cancelled weekend date that her friends probably knew about just like the before dinner social drinking. The same is true if a person really wants to find someone who will be the better half they struck out finding previously.

Not having been there and not hearing the other side of this Lovers spat I would guess there was a lot of "attitude" on both sides of the coin.

YES I HAD A BIT OF AN ATTITUDE BECAUSE I WAS DISAPPOINTED TOO AND WANTED TO SEE HER AND ALL SHE THOUGHT OF WAS HERSELF!

Is it possible that your new love interest was telling you that she did not want to hear about your baby momma drama because she was trying to be mature enough to let you deal with it. Something which is the dominent view of all persons who are usually involved even remotely includeing professionals; especially the courts.

aCTUALLY SHE ASKED ABOUT MY LIFE AND MY EX AND WAS WELL IN THE LOOP!

Any custodial parent (even shared custody) who has an ex to one degree or another has and ex-out-law to deal with. Those of us who picked the real loosers as co-parents have a rough road to go down and it takes a lot to not make not only our children vunerable to suffer their failures but also anyone we hope to bring into our life. Sometimes the reality of that is we have to move slower, make more "tenative" plans, and accept the consequences even if they are dissappointing.

WELL SOME TRUTH TO THAT I PICKED MY EX AND WASN'T THE BEST CHOICE I EVER MADE, BUT THATS IN THE PAST CAN'T CHANGE IT! IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT THEY CAN CHOOSE NOT TO DATE ME!

It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that if a vindictive Ex finds out you are "getting a life" that they will mess it up even if it means making the child miserable which also creates a new need. How yours found out about this "new" relationship or is just making sure you don't have a chance to have one you have tough choices to make about how you are going to react.and not allow this to be part of your new life.

YES, WAS UPFRONT ABOUT THIS! THE CHOICES ARE FOR HER NOT ME REALLY, IT'S MY REALITY HER CHOICE!

It sounds harsh but you were in the wrong making a date when you thought you were going to be "off duty" while Mom was. Basiclly because you are NEVER off duty. Sure Ex Mommy Dearest was the scapegoat in this scenario but even if she had come through you still could have been called away by an ill child and you had no back up person. Bad form.

I THINK THIS TO BE STUPID! WHEN CAN I MAKE PLANS THEN? IF A PLAN B INVOLVES LEAVING MY KID WHEN SHE NEEDS ME AS A PLAN B I WILL STICK WITH NO PLAN B! WASN'T ABOUT DAYCARE, YOU MISSED THE POINT!

Also not having a fun alternate plan "B" for your little one was poor planning on your part. Just because Dad can't make Mom be a hero you have the opportunity to make your dating much less traumatic by making your private time safe, fun, and positive for them. Yea Mom bombed out but you should have not made it a crummy day where Dad was the helpless, angry, victim "all" day but the person who could have said "so what life goes on and later you are going to ______." (My personal favorite and certainly my sons was a family pass to the zoo. Sometimes we did it together sometimes they did it with a sitter. Sometimes They went just because dear old custodial parent me need a day to other personal stuff. Just because you are divorced does not mean you have to be care giver every moment you are not at work. )

WHO SAID I MADE IT A CRUMMY DAY? "DIDN'T HAPPEN" WHO SAID I PLAYED THE VICTIM? "DIDN'T HAPPEN" I THINK SOME OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL BAGGAGE IS IN THIS PARAGRAPH?

Last and not least is how you break the news that you are not going to have to go with the original plan. Realizeing prepareing for a date is a big effort. People generally do have to make schedules to accomodate a date and it creates a void when, especially at the last moment, it doesn't happen. Bad news is generally not best delivered over the phone or even worse over text or email. While it might have taken a little effort it would have been much better to have asked a responsible person to spend a few minutes with your child while you went to her and possibly with and inexpensive card and boquet tell her you are sorry that your plans have to change but she and her time is precious to you.

PROBABLY COULD HAVE BROKE THE NEWS BETTER, I KNEW SHE WOULD BE UPSET AND I WAS TRYING TO APOLIGIZE, BUT SHE JUST SAID LATER AND STARTED TALKING SMACK AND I WAS LIKE WOOOOO WAIT A MINUTE HEAR!

So from your dates standpoint she is behind your child, your self, and your Ex. Not really too fair to ask her to make you first in her life if she is third in yours.

YEAH WELL SHE IS FOURTH ACTUALLY I HAVE THREE KIDS! HOWEVER, I HOPE SHE WOULD RANK ME BEHIND HER KIDS AS WELL. THE EX IS JUST MY BAGGAGE, CAN'T HELP IT ALL I CAN DO IS BE UPFRONT ABOUT IT!

I am not even going to get into the whole debate of when you introduce a child to the person you date as a love interest but one thing I guarantee you is anyone who finds you suitable enough to date will find it VERY OFFENSIVE to be told they have to prove they are the one to be around your child even momentarily. Think about the low lifes your kid runs into every day, some you know, but most likely many you don't; but you don't exclude every stranger in the world from your child so why someone you are social (maybe even sexual) with in a dateing relationship? How would you feel if a person refused to introduce you to her family like some back door gigilo?

LOL, WELL YOUR WAY OFF BASE ON THIS ONE! FIRST OF ALL MY KIDS HAVE NEVER SEEN ME WITH ANOTHER WOMAN IN THEIR ENTIRE LIFE SO IT TAKES TIME! BESIDES YOU EXPECT ME TO INTRODUCE MY CHILDREN TO PEOPLE OFF OF A DATING SITE...WOW! NOT GONNA HAPPEN! THIRD CHILDREN GET ATTACHED AND I WANT TO BE SURE BEFORE I INTRODUCE THEM! I EXPECT TO BE INTRODUCED TO SOMEONE'S FAMILY WHEN THE TIME IS APPROPRIATE AND NOT SOONER.

You can write this woman off as many of the people who will not live up to what sounds like truely unrealistic expectations or you can accept her genuine apology of not understanding your situation and try to make it a situation you both can live with.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN SHE IS A BIATCH!

I really doubt she sees your child as "Baggage" and that is what really matters right? Why not give it a chance and see how it works out. Working on seeing things from her side and BEING the best half of a relationship rather than instantly demanding it from another might actually bring you the happiness you seek.

NOT INTERESTED ANYMORE! I'M FORGIVING BUT NOT GONNA MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!

no photo
Wed 02/24/10 09:55 PM
How HOT is she? If real hot maybe, if not no way!

no photo
Wed 02/24/10 09:52 PM
I was nice once.....It didn't work!

no photo
Wed 02/24/10 09:49 PM
Tricks are for kids!

no photo
Sun 02/21/10 08:52 AM

I would not have gotten a babysitter or invited the girlfriend over when my daughter is upset about her mom canceling on her. The only thing you can do in that situation is focus on your daughter and pay attention to her. Everyone and everything else has to be set aside for a bit.

exactly! I spent the day with her! It's a "no brainer"!

no photo
Sun 02/21/10 08:49 AM

it sounds like she got angry with the cancellation and lashed out at you without thinking.

i would imagine a mature adult would be a bit more accepting of the situation but i do understand being upset if the call came at the last minute. there's a nice way though to say you're upset.

you weren't willing to invite the lady over for pizza and a board game with your child?

Not early i'm not! I need to be sure that she is a keeper before i introduce her to my kids.

no photo
Sun 02/21/10 08:43 AM

So you called the would-be date and canceled her.
I assume you apologized, blaming the ex.
She had a right to be upset.
Maybe she could have been more supportive.
It appears she thought about it and tried to
explain that to you.
And you turned away from that.

So.
You want from her what you can't give back.
Understanding.
Cross off another one???

Understanding of what? That she was upset? oohhh i figured she would be disappointed and frustrated but she said "later" didn't want to see me anymore. then she called back and said sorry. As for blaming it on my ex... here's the situation, my daughter waiting for her mom and she calls last minute and cancels, my daughter being disappointed was more important to me! As for me telling her the details....Should i lie? she asked...get a babysitter so i explained the details and said i'm staying with my daughter!

no photo
Sun 02/21/10 07:38 AM
So i met someone i really like finally....Talked about a week and a half every chance we got. went out on wednesday for drinks near her place. I met some of her friends and after drinks went to a nice dinner. Everything perfect so far..... we scheduled another date for saturday, was gonna spend the day together. I was excited, really liked her. Then my ex did not show up to pick up my daughter for weekend..."lives with me"....So i called and canceled. She asked why..."with an attitude"...and i explained. She was cool with it, but when i mentioned my ex trippen she said later i'm not dealing with that "baby mama drama"... So i say later don't let the door hit u in the azz on the way out. now she is back tracking and trying to call me to apoligize...so the question....Is it wrong for me to expect a woman to support me in my life? I mean i can't control my ex, so y hold it against me??? I told her early i had an ex that was a problem. Who the hell in this world is without some form of baggage at 41? I don't get it!

no photo
Sat 02/13/10 02:46 PM
you look very pretty and don't let haters get to you! usually if you give people a chance to take a shot at a beautiful girl they will take it! Try and let yourself just be you and then you will find the right person in your life. If you take too much advice from others you find that you only become more confused. you know what your heart desires go with that and put on your profile what you feel you want to say and do!

no photo
Sat 02/13/10 02:36 PM
pitchfork show lots of skin....pitchfork

just kidding.....

man if i knew the answer to that question i would be rich!

no photo
Sat 02/13/10 02:33 PM
no way, not ever! just gonna have to find other ways and would never ask someone to go under the knife either!

no photo
Sat 02/13/10 02:21 PM
but just to add to the list...

farting in bed....biggrin

No bottles of everything falling all over you in the shower...

lotion that smells like something other than fruit or flowers...

leaving the toilet seat up without getting yelled at....

taking my beer can in the shower with me...

i get all the left over pizza...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25