Edited by freeonthree on Wed 06/30/10 06:46 PM
Did someone mention cake ? drool oops offtopic
Darn her bigsmile OK, back to candy, sorry bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 05:49 PM
Snickers for me bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 03:16 PM
Checked ebay, and they range from 100 to about 700, most being around the 200 to 300 range. Think i'll try buying bottles for a while bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 03:10 PM

Marlboro
Bath and Body Works
Salt City Candles

and that's about it...as long as I can spend $$ on 450 thread count sheets and music, I'm not concerned with the other stuff.

I only drink distilled water but I use a distiller, which I love by the way.

This distilled water thing is interesting. We have a private well. I think the water is ok, and people from the city say it tastes great. I don't see anything floating in it :>) My landlady buys bottled water, I wonder if I should. Whats the difference between distilled water and bottled drinking water ?

Distilled water is water that is turned to steam – extreme heat – to kill all bacteria and then brought back to the state of water.

Distilled water is removed of everything, fecal matter/bacteria as well as minerals, etc, it’s recommended that consumers take mineral supplements to replenish what is lost in the distilling process.

Spring water or regular bottled water is not distilled; it is purified and filtered. It will have all of the minerals as well as most of the bacteria and measurable amounts of feces, etc.

Remember 30 years ago when going to Mexico meant “don’t drink the water?” People only drank beer or tequila to avoid Montezuma’s Revenge? Mexico didn’t know how to distill their water so it caused intestinal havoc. Beer and most alcohols are distilled; no bad stuff.

Thanks ! Whats you opinion on private wells that us coultry folk have ? Think I need to be concerned ? Dennis

Gosh, Dennis, I don't really have an opinion per se. I wouldn't drink well water but I know a lot of people that ONLY drink well water.

I'm sure there are goobers in the water since it's as pure as snow and right from nature. I don't know the process if any that you have but if you want to try a filtration system, you can get Brita products cheap!

My girlfriend uses the Brita pitcher and loves it.

http://www.brita.com/?locale=us

I have friends that drink stream water when we go hiking and I just can't do it. I know a bear has pooped somewhere up stream and I'm not willing to take a chance at how far up that was from me! laugh

A ham radio friend just told me that you can buy distillers fairly cheap. Im going to look at some online bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 03:05 PM

Marlboro
Bath and Body Works
Salt City Candles

and that's about it...as long as I can spend $$ on 450 thread count sheets and music, I'm not concerned with the other stuff.

This distilled water thing is interesting. We have a private well. I think the water is ok, and people from the city say it tastes great. I don't see anything floating in it :>) My landlady buys bottled water, I wonder if I should. Whats the difference between distilled water and bottled drinking water ?

Distilled water is water that is turned to steam – extreme heat – to kill all bacteria and then brought back to the state of water.

Distilled water is removed of everything, fecal matter/bacteria as well as minerals, etc, it’s recommended that consumers take mineral supplements to replenish what is lost in the distilling process.

Spring water or regular bottled water is not distilled; it is purified and filtered. It will have all of the minerals as well as most of the bacteria and measurable amounts of feces, etc.

Remember 30 years ago when going to Mexico meant “don’t drink the water?” People only drank beer or tequila to avoid Montezuma’s Revenge? Mexico didn’t know how to distill their water so it caused intestinal havoc. Beer and most alcohols are distilled; no bad stuff.

Thanks ! Whats you opinion on private wells that us coultry folk have ? Think I need to be concerned ? Dennis

Gosh, Dennis, I don't really have an opinion per se. I wouldn't drink well water but I know a lot of people that ONLY drink well water.

I'm sure there are goobers in the water since it's as pure as snow and right from nature. I don't know the process if any that you have but if you want to try a filtration system, you can get Brita products cheap!

My girlfriend uses the Brita pitcher and loves it.

http://www.brita.com/?locale=us

I have friends that drink stream water when we go hiking and I just can't do it. I know a bear has pooped somewhere up stream and I'm not willing to take a chance at how far up that was from me! laugh

Ya know, you make alot of sense. Seems like there's even a song about pissin in the stream. Well, from where im sitting, the distilled water must be good for the human body. Think i'll give it a try, thanks luv flowerforyou bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 02:57 PM

I just wear and buy what I like.

plain and simple.drinks

Im plain and simple bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 02:55 PM

Marlboro
Bath and Body Works
Salt City Candles

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 02:53 PM

Ryka tennis shoes and Fiji water...what else is there?

Why, Nippon Denso spark plugs of course bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 02:52 PM

Yes I'm a name brand buyer, for me it's about the quality of what I'm getting for my money.

Do you bend the rules on any items ? Like buying batteries at the dollar store ocassionally, and regretting it ?
Or is it "nope, I ain't eatin that, it ain't Ben and Jerry's" ?

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 01:57 PM
Edited by freeonthree on Wed 06/30/10 02:56 PM

Hummm let me see for some things I'm very picky about others it don't matter....

Clothes & Shoes - does not matter to me at all. I've never been one too much on the designer things. But I do prefer the a certain brand of jeans........ just me anything else does not matter... Yes I do visit the thrift store by me. Not only do they have awesome prices but new stuff as well....:thumbsup:

TP - Northern extra ply

Paper Towels - have switched to the Walmart brand they are just like Bounty...

Tea - Lipton all the way tried others hated them....

Bath liquid soap - Caress

Perfume - White Diamonds and a few others but I catch them on sale and stock up around x-mas bigsmile

Cars - well have always drove Ford Pickups but finally got rid of my pickup and bought me a PT Cruiser. So far love it....

Smokes - don't smoke anymore when I did it was a specific brand.

Coffee - cheapest they have....drinker

Incense - don't like the smell of them noway noway

I will admit when it comes to food then yes there are many things I will not buy that is off brand. Does not have anything to do with the most expensive it has to do with the taste that I prefer......bigsmile

I use the insense to make my man cave smell like a buddist temple, but only when im praying to the trike gods bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 01:45 PM

Old Navy shorts and shirts
Clarks shoes
Nike athletic wear
Nautica wear
Levis, Old Navy, Arizona, Nautica and Chaps Jeans
Cars: Love Dodge anything, but the one car I will own is Vette.
I also love the Nissan 350Z.
All of my electronics are top of the line. I will pay for the best. But I can always work out a deal.

Snapy dresser here, if you can catch him. Dem Dodges are fast bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 01:41 PM

I am not addicted to brand names. Some items such as sneakers I will buy the brand name because they fit better.

When it comes to food I know that many of the off brands are made in the same facility as the name brand but are cheaper because there is no advertising. I will try an off brand and many times it is just as good.

When it comes to health and beauty items I look for labels on store brands that say "Compare to _____" Most times it is the same ingredients but the price is much cheaper.

I just don't feel the need to pay for the expensive advertising campaigns

Ahhhhh... a practical lady flowerforyou

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 01:39 PM

Clothes - I don't care about the label, if it looks cute and I like it then I'm in!
Skin Care - Clinique
Make-up - Micabella
Shoes - Vans are my fav but I wear others too
TP - Charmin Ultra Soft
Paper Towels - VIVA
Cars - American (Chrysler 300 at the moment, :heart: the new Challenger)
Perfume - Acqua Di Gio
Cell Phone - BLACKBERRY
Booze - Jameson Irish Whiskey and belgian beers (all kinds) happy

Mel you forgot Otter Pops :tongue:

Another classy chick :wink:

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 01:37 PM

Marlboro
Bath and Body Works
Salt City Candles

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 01:34 PM

There are some items wherein I am a brand snob but mostly I buy for economy.

I buy inexpensive workout clothes since I wash and wear them to death but I prefer to spend money on designer labels for my staple wardrobe.

Items I am dedicated to:

- Cars; the newest, fasted gear-head attraction
- Victoria's Secret
- Cheerios
- Arrow Head DISTILLED water; I only drink distilled water
- Alhambra ice
- Trolli gummy bears :tongue:
- Laurent-Pierre Cuvée Rosé Champagne
- Nature’s Recipe pet food; lamb and rice formula
- Chevron gasoline
- Perfume
- Whole Foods and Trader Joe's markets - only!

Quite the elegant lady, not a budweiser on the list bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 01:32 PM

'Brand names' are for tools ...

I've been relaxing on that also. I've got quite a few chinese tools now, like my ball joint press. It seems to do the job, one time so far anyway bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 01:29 PM

Yes I'm a name brand buyer, for me it's about the quality of what I'm getting for my money.

Well, fill us in, whats the best stuff ? Lets see, Brawny paper towells ? Charmin, Crest ?

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 12:44 PM
Do you only smoke marlburo ? Drink Folgers, or only drink a particular beer, or only drive Corvette's, or old Dodges ?
Can you not live without your designer cloths ?
Or do you just go for what works most of the time.
Do you only use one kind of bath soap ? How bout insense ? paper towell's ? Toilet paper ? I like Scott nyself, just seems to go further. I usually go for what works mostly. I am fond of Justin Work Boots. I buy whatever coffee is cheapest, always. I never buy white bread. I buy my jeans and tee shirts at the thrift store, no designer clothes in my closet. Im just not that picky anymore I guess. Oh, I use to only use Zippo lighters. Was that way for years. Now I just buy whatever lites. What are you real picky about ? bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 12:26 PM

There!

I moved it again. drinker Sips Folgers.
Tastes like morning...

drinker

Thanks ! The next cups on me bigsmile

freeonthree's photo
Wed 06/30/10 12:24 PM
Afternoon everyone bigsmile yep, that was my first attempt at writing a poem. Well, since I was a kid anyway. I don't know why I decided to do it. I didn't write it down, but there it is :wink:

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25