Community > Posts By > Texanese

Texanese's photo
Mon 08/04/08 08:28 PM
about women that you want to have a relationship with?

I'm not talking about physical characteristics, so if we could skip the snerty comments about big boobs and so forth. I mean what is it about the way a woman behaves and/or interacts with others that makes you say to yourself or your buddies, "Hey, that's a woman I could really go for!"

Texanese's photo
Sun 08/03/08 12:34 AM

ok.. not the tire iron.... c'mon guys..what's the one called that kinda looks like a tire iron..but has a cross bar?

That's a tire iron. One kind is cross shaped, one is "J" shaped. :-)

Texanese's photo
Sat 08/02/08 11:55 PM

Honestly?... It's a turn-on for me personally.

I get that from guys, but then when it all actually happens and I'm not a vapid, squealing "girl" about it. They seem to lose interest.

Texanese's photo
Sat 08/02/08 11:52 PM
There have been postings on women being too independent and I'm just wondering - guys do independent women make you feel less - I dunno "manly"?

I consider myself an independent girly girl. I pay my own bills, I can and do change my own tire when needed. I like to watch car races and can discuss the race intelligently. I play a decent game of pool. I love to fish, I bait my own hook.

I also dress sexy when I go out, I like the guy to get the door for me and I don't like bugs.

It just seems that guys I date are very excited when we first start dating, then when all the independent stuff comes out - they just. . . drift away. So I was wondering if being independent makes guys feel like they're less?

Texanese's photo
Sat 07/26/08 11:50 PM
Poser

Texanese's photo
Sat 07/19/08 07:06 PM
(SIGH) STILL single

Texanese's photo
Sun 07/13/08 01:31 PM
Still sssssiiiiinnnngggglllllllllle - bleh

Texanese's photo
Mon 07/07/08 07:39 PM

come close and spend alot of time with a woman(a week, overnight's, calling often) and then back off?

It's been my experience that guys like the chase. Once they get comfortable, they start looking for something/someone else to chase. When they're ready to settle down, they do with whoever they're comfortable with at that time. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

At least, that's how it seems to me. :wink:

Texanese's photo
Mon 07/07/08 06:19 PM

*sigh* single... yeah I know... it's hard to believe... most people look at me and just think hunk of burning man meat... maybe I intimidate people? frustrated laugh laugh laugh laugh

LOL I've heard that one before! So I guess I'm single because I'm intimidating too! Jeez, if guys would just look PAST the wrapping to what's inside the package! :-)

Texanese's photo
Sat 06/21/08 07:23 PM

Do the nice/bad ones fit the bill?

I LOVE a good guy with an edge. . . :-)

Texanese's photo
Wed 06/18/08 02:59 PM
Not such bad advice. My roommate moved my boyfriend from my bedroom next door to her bedroom. They stole 9 grand from me, then moved out, left me with no job, no money and no place to live.

She spent time telling everyone she would never have to work another day in her life.

Three years later, on New Year's Eve, I walked into a bar with a fur coat that I paid for, new job, great new apartment and a cute date. Guess who was working behind the bar and guess which boyfriend had wound up in prison.

Sometime life sucks BIG time - but it all depends on how you handle it.

Texanese's photo
Thu 04/24/08 07:46 AM
I think I've posted about this before. I'm in a tough category, I'll be 52 this Sunday, but I don't LOOK 52. The guys who're in the right age bracket won't ask me out because they think I'm too YOUNG for them, and the guys who're WAY too young keep asking me out and I turn them down because age IS more than a number, it's about frame of reference.

I accepted a date with a much younger man, while we were driving he was messing with the radio and asked me if I liked smashing pumpkins - I said "I guess if I were really, really, angry it'd be ok." Then he told me Smashing Pumpkins was a BAND. That's when I realized younger men were not for me, LOL!

Texanese's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:36 PM
Gosh after reading what all you ladies are going through I feel REALLY lucky! I had night sweats and hot flashes (I call them power surges lol!) for about a year and then they stopped. I get a little warm every now and then, but nothing like the blast furnace effect I used to get!

Texanese's photo
Wed 04/02/08 09:19 PM
Best thing to do is just keep deleting the text and do NOT, repeat, DO NOT respond.

I speak from experience - no matter how often he texts, just keep deleting. Eventually the idea will sink in.

If you do respond, in ANY way he gets what he wants which is the response from you.

Texanese's photo
Wed 03/05/08 09:26 AM

You just thought about a red hammer, didn't you?

Actually I thought of a pink shovel -

Texanese's photo
Sun 03/02/08 09:28 PM

Actually, it did sound like he was being tactful. But it the person's feelings were already engaged, I don't think it would have mattered how nice and kind it was. There would still be hurt feelings.

I agree with that assesment. And seriously some people just don't hear it unless you tell them in a direct, honest and less than delicate manner.

Texanese's photo
Sun 03/02/08 08:59 AM
single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, single, <sigh>

Texanese's photo
Sat 03/01/08 11:22 AM
Hi y'all!

Texanese's photo
Wed 02/27/08 07:43 PM
Hello everyone! Am I too late? Are y'all still here?

Texanese's photo
Wed 02/27/08 07:45 AM

laugh laugh how about us old goatslaugh

Being an old goat myself, I like other old goats! LOL!