Community > Posts By > Texanese

Texanese's photo
Sun 06/21/09 08:02 PM
I have a question for all those who proclaim quite loudly and descriptively how hardened their heart is and how untrusting they are - Why are you on a dating website if that's how you feel?

If it's for socializing, there are plenty of non-dating websites.

Texanese's photo
Tue 03/31/09 03:17 PM

OK ladies, here's my question... I'm going to see a show with my husband in a few weeks, and I've found a really nice dress. It fits like a dream, except with these legs of mine, the hem hits a little above my knee. (Just an inch or so.) I haven't bought it yet because of that. I like it, and it doesn't look bad.. But what do you think? (for someone in our age range)

I'd wear it, but then some my dresses/skirts are occasionally referred to as one of my "belts" by my kids.

You can always try leggings under the dress. You still get the look, but everything important is covered up.

Texanese's photo
Mon 12/01/08 08:32 PM
Once again it's easy for everyone else to say "dump him."

If the two of you have something good going, give him a chance. Guys don't always think "romantically". TALK to him, don't just drop "hints", be prepared to give him examples of what YOU think is romantic. Also be prepared to offer a trade, maybe dressing in lingerie, something HE finds romantic.

If he still doesn't come up with anything, then you need to ask yourself if you can live with it. If you can, DO IT. If you can't, then it's time to look for someone who can give you what you want/need.

If the relationship is worth having and keeping, be prepared to put a lot of work into yourself.

Just my two cents.

Texanese's photo
Tue 10/21/08 10:55 AM
Well, since we're quoting movies here, as Tom Cruise said in Risky Business - "Sometimes you just have to say what the fudge."

I also would counsel holding off for a while on the marriage, but if you have vacation time coming, why not go for a long visit? See if the euphoria lasts, if it does great! If not, you gave it a shot and tried, at least you DID something about it.

Texanese's photo
Thu 10/16/08 10:46 PM
Find out what time sunset is - get to the beach about 5-10 minutes before that. Take along a jacket for her. DON'T take a blanket - that just says "I wanna do you on the beach" to some girls so don't take that chance.

Also take a thermos of cocoa, tea or coffee whatever her favorite drink would be.

Then as you walk on the beach tell her you wanted to share the sunset with her.

By the way, in my opinion, taking a short break and breaking up are two way different things.

Texanese's photo
Fri 10/03/08 11:39 PM
If you want to find out if he owns his house, you can go the Hall of Records in whatever county he lives in and check. I think there's a small fee to look it up, but just give them the house address and they'll find out who owns it.

Texanese's photo
Fri 10/03/08 11:38 PM

A former shag partner said: "I go bareback when I'm cheating."

A few months later he was diagnosed with hep C. (I'm still clean.) :wink:

thats just dirty!

if the tubes are tied tho... different story

Why would that be a different story?? Both partners can still get an STD no matter who's tubes are tied.

Texanese's photo
Fri 10/03/08 07:26 PM
Guys fall in love???!!

Texanese's photo
Sun 09/28/08 06:08 PM
Geez, why play games? Just call and tell her that her actions have you confused and you'd like to know what the situation is. If she beats around the bush (so to speak) - then you have your answer. Otherwise, if she really is just busy, she'll tell you, and you'll still have your answer.

Texanese's photo
Wed 09/24/08 07:49 PM
Edited by Texanese on Wed 09/24/08 07:54 PM
Again, it's really easy for other people to say walk away or dump him. It's not that EASY.

You need to pick a calm time when you're both alone with no upcoming appointments or commitments and TALK to him.

Tell him how YOU feel, not what he's doing wrong, but how what he's doing makes YOU feel.

You also need to ask yourself if you're better off with him or without him. I'm not just talking about the afraid to be alone thing - does he truly make your life better or not, does he make you feel good or not. Every relationship has rough patches - what's the relationship like over all?

He may just be being a total guy and not even realize what you're feeling. I go on the theory that if there are two ways to interpret what a guys says or does, one way hurts your feelings and the other way doesn't. He DOESN'T mean to hurt your feelings. Give him the benefit of the doubt, he's a GUY, and most likely he just doesn't see it. TELL him and then go from there.

JMHO

Marti Lou

Texanese's photo
Mon 09/22/08 03:33 PM
You can listening to what she's saying with her mouth or you can listen to what she's saying with her actions.

You can't define anyone else's concept of love, only your own. Ask yourself if this is love according to your definition, if it's not, then realize it's not love.

It's easy for other people to say "dump her", but it's your emotions and your pain and your decision.

JMHO and wishing you the best. If only there was some way we could all just sleep past the pain. . .

Marti Lou

Texanese's photo
Thu 08/28/08 09:40 PM

I just saw a thread asking " What do Women Want " ( forgive me for being a little behind but I just got home from work and I am trying to catch up ), and I want ask the same about men.

BUT.....what I REALLY want is for the ladies to answer what they THINK we want.

Let's see if they can get close.

And yes, I know...." guys want beer and boobs..."

Whatever. That isn't what makes me tick, but for those that it does..more power to you.

I want to see if we can get a little more depth in this thread.

I'll admit that I don't know what men want. I listen when men SAY what they want, but when they get it - they're gone.

I'm thinking it's that "It's all about the chase" thing.

Texanese's photo
Thu 08/28/08 09:39 PM

Brother....all I ask for in a woman is one thing.........Leave me alone during football season.noway noway laugh laugh laugh

Leave you alone?! Does that mean we have to go to the sports bar and watch while you stay home??? noway

Texanese's photo
Mon 08/25/08 01:25 PM
I'm happy with myself, but I hate being single.

I don't want to be joined at the hip with someone, but I would like to have someone steady in my life. I miss being able to talk to someone (other than girlfriends) about the import things that happen in my life and the silly, trivial things too.

Texanese's photo
Sun 08/24/08 06:05 PM
<sigh> Still single

Texanese's photo
Fri 08/22/08 04:08 PM

What's the soonest (you ladieslaugh ) will sleep with someone after meeting them? What do you think is a respectable amount of time to wait?

I'm generally ready around the third date. The soonest I've slept with someone after meeting them was on the second night we spent together (which turned into a 5-year relationship). I have no qualms about sleeping with someone on the first date in theory; it just takes me longer to adjust to a new partner.

As to a "respectable" amount of time, the entire premise there confuses me. Why shouldn't people have safe, protected, consensual sex as soon as they're both ready? I know plenty of people who will get busy on the first date, and I find that perfectly respectable. Why wouldn't it be?

I'm with solestria on this one.

I've had sex on the first date, I've waited weeks, I've waited months. The two relationships that I've had that lasted over 10 years each - both were sex on the first date. As long as everyone's safe and happy why not? Sex is so much FUN!

Texanese's photo
Mon 08/18/08 11:49 PM
Edited by Texanese on Mon 08/18/08 11:49 PM

:smile: He's a little too attached to you or maybe just cares a little too much.:smile:

I don't know.. but we have always been friends only

flowerforyou Maybe he just cares about you (as a friend)flowerforyou

That i know he does but dang... why does he get so offensive if i don't let him know i'm going out or whatnot...
:smile: Sounds kinda brotherlyflowerforyou

Sounds to me kind of like the dog in the manger thing... he doesn't want you, but he doesn't want anyone else to have you either.

Or, he may have someone else he's interested in, but he's thinking it may not work out and he wants to keep you on the line just in case.

I

Texanese's photo
Mon 08/11/08 10:01 PM
Quite honestly, if one of the guys had confessed to something like this, most of the women would be ready to shred him.

You need to reverse viewpoints on this. If he had lied to you, would you want to know about it or would you want him to just disappear?

You said you think your a good mother - you need to ask yourself what kind of example you're setting for your children. Unless they're infants, don't think they don't hear your phone conversations or realize that Mom is different when she's on the phone. Kids pick up way more than anyone gives them credit for.

If you're not happy in your marriage, you need to make a decision, stay or go.

Texanese's photo
Tue 08/05/08 09:26 PM

What I really need to know, is how do I apologize to her for the evils of my race? I am working on a poem about all that African-Americans have had to go though. I call it "My Noble Sister". I think if I read it to her with the right amount of emotional projection, she will see I am not the typical evil white man.
[/quote

Well, while you're at it, write one for the Japanese held in concentrations camps and the Jews who went through the Holocaust.

Oh, and all women who until fairly recently were also held in slave like conditions - oh and the Chinese who were slaves in the wild west - oh dang, you could just apologize to everyone for being white... or you could just get over it and realize that evil people do evil things and that you're only responsible for what YOU do.

Texanese's photo
Mon 08/04/08 08:34 PM

Well,I understand your concern, being ex military, I understand the situation your son is going through...and sad to say that the yelling is quite normal especially in the beginning..all through training really.
I personally would let him stick it out...not only is it hard to get out of the military once you are signed up..unless he can be like medically discharged..lol..it is really really hard.
But then there are also benfits of staying..if he stays in for at least 3 years he will be entitled to the MGI Bill which will pay for his college pretty much...I know it may seem tough on him right now, but he will get over it.
My military days were the best days of my life..I would not trade it for the world..and I forgot all about the yelling..it made me who I am today..without a doubt..I came stronger and tougher out of it.

My son's is in the Coast Guard, he's been in for 3 years now. In boot camp he hated it, it was his first time away from home and yes, he got yelled at.

I wrote to him like every other day, he told me that getting all the mail really helped. I encouraged him as much as I could. We weren't allowed to send care packages, but we could send pictures - so needless to say he got LOTS of pictures.

Now he's having the time of his life - he's going all over the world, in fact his ship just make port in Pusan, Korea yesterday.

Previous 1 3 4 5