Community > Posts By > paul1217

paul1217's photo
Fri 06/21/13 04:54 PM
Happy Birthday.

paul1217's photo
Fri 06/21/13 04:50 PM

Why is it difficult to get genuine and decent ladies that are ready "for better and for worse".why do they prefer junks and unserious men?

Probably the same reason why men prefer biotches that treat them like crap instead of dating a decent lady. Who knows what goes on in people's minds?

My REAL friends know that my serious boyfriends have not been perfect but I tried. There are guys who present themselves as "good guys" but if you want anything from them, you have to be a complete biotch. Okay, the guy I broke up with most recently when I was sick two days in a row promised to come help me and did NOT. Found every excuse in the universe not to. AND I asked for a $1 diet Coke from Mc Donald's and he never brought it even though he said he would be over soon as was near Mc Donald's. Screw people like that. He tried to say what a nice guy he is. No he is not. My ex who has MS used to take me out to eat and treat me really well. He just lived to far away. I would have rather stayed with a good guy who had something wrong with him than Mr. I Won't Pick You Up a $1 diet Coke. Ya I know he would die in the not so distant future but 3 years with a good guy is better than an eternity with Mr. Does Not Care. And I have been having a really hard time lately and the only one who reached out to me was Dodo David who I have been friends with over a year and he has health problems of his own. We are not all looking for a perfect guy. We are not all looking for a billion dollars. But someone with basic consideration would be nice.

Basic consideration goes both ways. No one can truly control who they are attracted to. A lot of "Nice guys" will be patient and want to see if things develop naturally, as you get to know each other. If he is asking you out for drinks, then dinners and eventually away for the weekend, he is probably not looking to be just friends.

If he's not your type, have the consideration to tell him and not expect him to be there every time you need something. If he's interested and you're not he isn't going to meet someone else if you want him around as a friend all the time. And he definitely doesn't want to be the shoulder you use when the guy you are sleeping with treats you like crap.

paul1217's photo
Fri 06/21/13 04:20 PM

lmao

christopher columbus was lost

answering yes or no to a non yes or no question = 3 nights of no sex

we don;t want your opinion on the size of our wardrobe

the illuminati is breeding males for us who do not like to watch sports on TV happy

We may be rare but there are a few, like myself, that never watch sports on TV. I doubt I could name 5 players and the sport they play. Can't understand why I should watch someone, that makes a fortune, playing games. There is too much that I can enjoy doing myself.

Perhaps I am one of the illuminati's early versions? :wink:

paul1217's photo
Fri 06/21/13 04:10 PM
An alternate for #1 I have the body of a God, unfortunately that God is Buddha.

paul1217's photo
Mon 10/01/12 03:47 PM

umm,maybe because nice men have to clean up after the bad boys, so they need to stay a few steps behind..to catch a damsel in distress...they are busy trying to make the heart-world a better place...and im all for that...a hundred percent!.

Yep and lots of damage by the bad boys. Thank goodness for good men who are patient enough to stand by a woman who needs and uses healing time.

As one of the "good men", that has just spent the last two years cleaning up after a "Bad boy", I would like to say that this approach is usually a sure way to the "Friend Zone". If you are looking to be more than just a friend, and she shows no interest of being more than that in a reasonable period of time, move on.

You can still be friends, but don't put her needs ahead of your own, hoping she will come around. This will only end up with you getting hurt and eventually the friendship ending, probably badly.

Just my opinion.

paul1217's photo
Sat 07/07/12 01:41 PM

If Mickey Mouse is a mouse, Donald Duck is a duck and Pluto is a dog,then what is Goofy? spock

I thought Goofy was the reason Mickey divorced Minnie. The judge said he couldn't grant a divorce because Minnie acting silly. Mickey replied, " I didn't say acting silly, I said she was doing Goofy"

paul1217's photo
Sun 07/01/12 05:43 PM
I use to love her, by Guns and Roses. laugh

paul1217's photo
Sun 07/01/12 05:40 PM

When I was asking them out for drinks, dinner, and eventually in most cases away for the weekend I wasn't thinking that was just trying to be friends.

When a woman is calling everyday and wanting to spend time together a few times a week I would think that most guys would think there was more than just a friendly interest there. I was honest about my wanting to be more than just friends. The ones that were honest with me are still friends.

If a guy walks away because the physical doesn't happen soon enough, he's a player or he was only after one thing. If he respects her, gets to know her and waits for the right time, he's a nice guy and "just a friend". Let's face it, you women have all the control. Just be honest and tell us it's never going to happen as soon as you know it (usually within the first 15 min.) and save us all a lot of trouble. laugh frustrated

Well, you said they would say you're their best friend and then things would start getting physical. Was there nothing other than friendship going on during these dates and weekends away? You just made it sound like you got very close as friends THEN started a physical relationship later.

If a guy is calling a few times a week and spending time with me, but nothing physical is happening, I'd call that a friendship.

I am quite honest and upfront about what I want. Sorry to hear not all women are that way.

With a couple of them there was some physical contact, hugging and kissing, that seemed to me to be more than just friendly. The "afraid it will ruin the friendship" line, would only come out when the topic of sex would come up.

paul1217's photo
Sun 07/01/12 04:29 PM

I hear from guys a lot that they're not only looking for someone to have a relationship with, but they want them to be their best friend, too. I'm guessing women do the same. To those who are also looking for their best friend, what happens to the best friends you already have? Do the people you're dating turn into your best friend and replace the one you currently have? Or, do all these people looking for best friends not actually have one already?

This always seems confusing to me.

From someone that has managed to land firmly in the "Friend Zone" for most of the last 20 years, and who has always thought that the perfect relationship would happen by falling in love with my best friend, let me see if I can try to explain it.

I have been involved with 3 women since my divorce almost 20 years ago. I never intended to become "just friends" with any of these women at the start. I met them, flirted with them, asked them out for drinks then dinner etc. I got to know them and they got to know me. I never pushed them for intimacy, I wanted it to happen naturally. The more time we spent together, the closer we became, until we were talking almost every day. In almost all cases they would start telling me and others that I was their "Best Friend".

Then when we would start to get involved physically, the brakes would come on and I would here that dreaded phrase, " I don't want it to ruin our friendship." Eventually they would become involved with another guy, that wasn't their "Best Friend" and when he treated her like crap, she would come running back to cry on my shoulder.

In all of those situations the friendship ended. If they find someone that they are interested in romantically, the chances of remaining "Best Friends" with someone of the opposite sex and their partner accepting it is slim. The simple fact is that once involved with someone else the friendship is sure to drift apart, not necessarily end but change.

If a physical relationship develops with someone that is already your best friend, and the physical part is good, it seems to me that the friendship will only become stronger.

That is why I have been single for so long. slaphead

That's exactly how I picture things happening when someone starts off by saying they're looking for their best friend. If I spent all that time getting to know someone as a friend, rather than actually dating and being intimate with them I could absolutely see it ending as just being friends.

When I was asking them out for drinks, dinner, and eventually in most cases away for the weekend I wasn't thinking that was just trying to be friends.

When a woman is calling everyday and wanting to spend time together a few times a week I would think that most guys would think there was more than just a friendly interest there. I was honest about my wanting to be more than just friends. The ones that were honest with me are still friends.

If a guy walks away because the physical doesn't happen soon enough, he's a player or he was only after one thing. If he respects her, gets to know her and waits for the right time, he's a nice guy and "just a friend". Let's face it, you women have all the control. Just be honest and tell us it's never going to happen as soon as you know it (usually within the first 15 min.) and save us all a lot of trouble. laugh frustrated

paul1217's photo
Sun 07/01/12 03:48 PM

I hear from guys a lot that they're not only looking for someone to have a relationship with, but they want them to be their best friend, too. I'm guessing women do the same. To those who are also looking for their best friend, what happens to the best friends you already have? Do the people you're dating turn into your best friend and replace the one you currently have? Or, do all these people looking for best friends not actually have one already?

This always seems confusing to me.

From someone that has managed to land firmly in the "Friend Zone" for most of the last 20 years, and who has always thought that the perfect relationship would happen by falling in love with my best friend, let me see if I can try to explain it.

I have been involved with 3 women since my divorce almost 20 years ago. I never intended to become "just friends" with any of these women at the start. I met them, flirted with them, asked them out for drinks then dinner etc. I got to know them and they got to know me. I never pushed them for intimacy, I wanted it to happen naturally. The more time we spent together, the closer we became, until we were talking almost every day. In almost all cases they would start telling me and others that I was their "Best Friend".

Then when we would start to get involved physically, the brakes would come on and I would here that dreaded phrase, " I don't want it to ruin our friendship." Eventually they would become involved with another guy, that wasn't their "Best Friend" and when he treated her like crap, she would come running back to cry on my shoulder.

In all of those situations the friendship ended. If they find someone that they are interested in romantically, the chances of remaining "Best Friends" with someone of the opposite sex and their partner accepting it is slim. The simple fact is that once involved with someone else the friendship is sure to drift apart, not necessarily end but change.

If a physical relationship develops with someone that is already your best friend, and the physical part is good, it seems to me that the friendship will only become stronger.

That is why I have been single for so long. slaphead

paul1217's photo
Sat 06/30/12 06:02 PM
Holly! :wink: flowers

paul1217's photo
Mon 06/25/12 07:57 AM
Hopefully they got married in a "Community property" State and she can take the selfish loser for half of everything he's got.

paul1217's photo
Sun 06/24/12 05:11 PM

I try not to ignore everyone.....only ones named "Paul"

tongue2

Who's Paul?

The guy who posted last on the first page.....:wink:

He saw it, just chose to ignore it! Happens all the time. It's ok though. I always have the voices in my head to keep me company. If they try to ignore me I poke them with a pencil through my ear. drool

paul1217's photo
Sun 06/24/12 04:37 PM

do you have to be on here for a while to get replies if i post in forums???

I would reply, but you haven't been here long enough! laugh Besides every one hear just ignores whatever I say anyway.

paul1217's photo
Wed 06/13/12 06:48 PM
Very Hot!waving flowers

paul1217's photo
Wed 06/13/12 06:46 PM
Hope you have a wonderful Birthday! flowers flowers

paul1217's photo
Sat 06/02/12 12:12 PM
A very satisfied smile! flowers flowers

paul1217's photo
Sat 06/02/12 12:11 PM
Sizzling!!! flowers

paul1217's photo
Wed 05/30/12 11:54 AM
The time I went to give my friend a hug and peck on the cheek, to say good night. She turned and instead of her cheek our lips met and we spent the next two hours in each others arms.

paul1217's photo
Wed 05/30/12 11:35 AM
I noticed!flowers

You can be walking down the street (or in a store), and men would approach and ask for your name and number.

Never happened to me.

Or you're at the club and they offer to buy you a drink.

Never happened to me.

Pretty much wherever you are, men shower you with attention, even if you just met.

Never happened to me.

1. Can you describe what's it like to be attractive to men?

Sorry no I can't.

2. How do you now expect the average man to behave when he notices you for the first time?

He runs quickly in the opposite direction.

3. What do you think of men in general as it relates to them being attracted to you? Thanks.

Since they are not attracted to me, I think they are chickens, but what do I know?

Oh wait, this is only for women who KNOW they are attractive to men. Sheesh slaphead I thought this was to make me feel bad about myself because no one notices me. :laughing:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25