Community > Posts By > donthatoneguy

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/05/10 12:20 PM
The best reason to watch the movie is Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen. As far as actually grading the movie ... I give it a 3.5.

Since its supposed to be a sequel to the original book (Through the Looking Glass), the story is lacking since its little more than a rehash of that material. Its ok, but the pacing made me feel like I was being dragged unwittingly through a hole through the center of that book (a rabbit's perhaps. :) )

I saw it in 3D which was great, but if at anytime I was looking at anything other than what they intended me to look at, I got very disoriented.

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/05/10 12:14 PM
Rome was better, but then it was HBO. It rocked from the start (and I'm hoping the same will be said about A Game of Thrones next year).

Blood and Sand ... it started off as merely a visual replication of "300" but I think over the past three or four episodes, its getting better since they decided to introduce a story. =/

My interest in it began only as something I watch with my wife because she liked the eye candy, so its become a sort of fore-foreplay. =D So I'm hoping it continues to improve (though the lead actor has cancer, so they're putting filming of season 2 off while he undergoes chemo ... maybe its all the steroids, heh!).

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/05/10 12:07 PM
Caligula, it is interesting to say the least. Its not really pointless, imo, it just takes a particular mindset to appreciate. I didn't until I read about Caligula and how dead on the movie was. If you've ever watched Rome on HBO or the new Spartacus: Blood and Sand series, the point with the nudity and sex is to present a more accurate portrayal of how sex was viewed in that era. There were not any real taboos in the sense that we have taboos today. The point in the presentation of the sex in Caligula is to represent exactly how deranged he was and how that derangement progressed during his rulership.

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/05/10 12:00 PM
I actually enjoyed I Am Legend until end, then it got overly cliché. Have yet to see BS II but have not heard good things about it. Alice in Wonderland was great visually, but the story was lacking since it was almost a rehash of the original story (the book "Through the Looking Glass"), yet supposed to be a sequel.

As far as what I've seen good recently, I enjoyed "9" and District 9 was amazing.

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/05/10 11:46 AM
Not going to do a complete list, but I have to throw in a couple of scenes from Equilibrium ... the first when he fights the police in defense of the puppy and the second when he fights the Father at the end.

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/05/10 11:11 AM
I think to decide whether it is stupid or not is to find out why the cheating took place and take into consideration the circumstances of your relationship otherwise and THEN determine if its worth saving or letting go (were you going through a rough time? was he? was there a lot of distance between you two emotionally at the time? is there something you demanded that he couldn't fulfill or vice versa?). If you decide it may be worth the effort, analyze what you want and what he wants for your relationship, ultimately, come to an agreement and go from there.

If the cheating occurred simply because he could, then its likely to occur again, but if it occurred because of something he wasn't getting out of the relationship with you or something he could not provide for you that someone else did not demand of him, then that is a different matter.

Not judging you or your relationship, just proposing some thinking points. Ultimately, desire to remain with someone is never stupid unless its simply out of habit or complacency (meaning, you're together because you've been together and that's that).

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/05/10 10:58 AM
Turn up the heat maybe ...

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 04/01/10 11:39 AM
Thanks for looking. Hi! Hehehehehe.

That one guy,
Don

1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 16 Next