Community > Posts By > donthatoneguy

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/12/10 10:49 AM
Actually, the other interesting thing about that book written in 1898 was that he named the ship "Titan". But you never know, maybe the builders of the Titanic read the book and thought they could do it better. Maybe "Titanic" was in homage to the author. Can't say for sure.

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/12/10 10:45 AM
Well, then I guess the true test would be to take away social welfare in the U.S. and try it out to be sure? Good luck with that.

Its illogical to consider natural disasters (being NATURAL as they are) to be caused by any kind of mass HUMAN consciousness, rather than perhaps mass human pollution or mass human tampering. This thread would make a lot more sense in that domain.

There's also mass hypnosis ... like that which occurs during many religious gatherings and sports stadiums across the world and makes sense because its people affecting PEOPLE. People can affect the state of other peoples' moods when a large enough group is together, but impacting the environment with mere thought? This jumps into the realm of silly.

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 04/12/10 10:35 AM
If you'd read the comics (which they snipped the poor excuse for their story out of), then you would understand.

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 01:53 PM
Oddly, I used "due" instead of "do". Hmm.

Anyway, there's a lot of free material that barely count as basic. You can run around anywhere and fly and yada yada, but that gets boring extremely quickly. Everything you see that you may like or want to do, you have to pay money for, money gotten by either creating something and selling it (in which you have to wait for cash flow, and that's IF what you made is desirable enough for people to buy ... in this, you are granted quite a bit of customization for everything, however it takes time to learn how to make things and most of your initial efforts would be given for free) or you pay them money for Second Life money to spend.

This comes into play when you find places like the Star Wars gaming area wherein you must be in costume to enter and play ... and to get a costume, you must pay for every piece of it. Found this silly and haven't touched Second Life since.

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 01:42 PM
Saw this recently on a roadside church board in town during all the snowstorms:

"To all students: Please STOP praying for a snow day!"

Who has more?

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 01:33 PM
People apply meaning to 12-21-2012 because its when the Mayan calendar ends. Some think the Mayans went no further because they predicted the world's end. Blah ... I think they just did not bother to go further because it was wasted effort and anything more meant nothing to them at the time.

However, according to some sources (which I'll not list here ... just Google 2012), there's supposed to be some kind of cosmic alignment on that date. The center of our universe, the sun, the earth and Jupiter will apparently perfectly align. Just another day probably ...

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 01:17 PM
After how they butchered the AvP storylines, I hold no hope for this one either, though I will undoubtedly watch it because of my fandom. heh.

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 12:28 PM

A nudge from a complete stranger says to me that they can't even put the effort into sending an email instead, so why should I respond?

Because shy people are awesome. happy

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 12:21 PM
I do a lot of "hanging out" myself ... be it sitting with a cup of coffee at a dinner and talking with friends or grilling out or whatever. Hanging out could mean a lot of things and to limit its meaning to one thing could mean to pass by on something that may be fun.

I would assume that someone who just likes sitting around at home will say so, I know several people like that, but at least around my friends, hanging out means "I need to get out of my house and do something".

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 12:07 PM
You didn't answer my question, though. If your soul is eternal then what difference does it make if Heaven had mass murderers? They can't kill your soul.

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 11:24 AM
The point trying to be made is that, yes it can be played down simply because there are multiple millions of things that COULD be possible between any two people over the course of their lives. When considering that fact, a hundred is a vague comparison.

Consider that the grand majority of presidents have studied or practiced law at one point or another, you can eliminate that as a "surprise similarity".

The presence of a person named "Baker" is also not surprising considering if you look in any phone book, you'll probably find a couple hundred listings at least. Call any police department and ask for "Baker" and they'll probably ask you "which one?". There was probably an officer Baker present when the assassination attempt was made on Reagan.

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 04/11/10 11:08 AM
California earthquakes ... hurricanes throughout the years along the east coast and Florida and Louisiana, Texas ... blizzards in the north ... the U.S. generally is not considered one of the "poorest areas of the world" yet we have our natural disasters as well.

I'm failing to see the connection here ...

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 04/10/10 08:54 AM

There will always be evil people doing evil things.

Just as there will always be good people doing good things.

However, to get a good person to do evil - that takes religion.

Hear, hear!

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 04/10/10 08:34 AM
Wow! shocked You got me there. rofl

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 04/10/10 08:31 AM
I tried this once, but saw no way to "play", since everything costs real money to due. I've enough fun "playing" in that sense with my real life, no need adding the cost for a second. happy

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 04/10/10 08:29 AM

I love video games. :)

"Yoda vs Sephiroth, Link vs Vader, Cloud vs Ganondorf"

Sephy beats Yoda. The Force just can't contend against Mommy issues that severe.

Vader beats Link. Link is too cute for all that evil.

Cloud beats Ganondorf, and then goes on to beat Sephiroth and Vader because he's the hero in a Final Fantasy and nothing can harm him.

I do have to agree with your final statement ... no harm could come to any FF hero because there's always a last minute save by an NPC. laugh

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 04/10/10 08:10 AM
A few insignificant...? Isn't the whole point that the entirety of the facts listed are supposed to be true, otherwise they are insignificant themselves? I think it only logical that one "similarity" stretched to fit a certain criteria, puts suspicion on other conclusions the post claims. This essentially makes the difference between things like the post being "propaganda" and not "text book".

OMG! Start by getting your fact straight. Lincoln's wife was NOT named Kennedy, and he was a republican, not a democrat.

As for predetermination, I'll leave that to the Jehovah Witnesses. :)

It didn't say Lincoln's wife was named Kennedy, it said the same thing happened to Kennedy. It was poorly punctuated throughout, so your misconception was more than understandable. :smile:

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 04/10/10 08:01 AM
Edited by donthatoneguy on Sat 04/10/10 08:01 AM
And to do this, you'll have to have many situations kind of like the "Truman Show", though not necessarily aired on television, in which lives are a planned series of specific events so as to do the relational experience studies. I'm ag'in' it.

Don

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 04/09/10 02:25 PM
Bah! Awesome movie. Its also all about Paul Giamatti as the villain.

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 04/09/10 02:16 PM
Edited by donthatoneguy on Fri 04/09/10 02:16 PM
Your soul is immortal, right? What need would you have to watch your back? Its not like someone could kill you when you're already dead.