Community > Posts By > donthatoneguy

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 09:38 AM

again, ignorance and intolerance dont apply to the HOMOSEXUAL people who are offended when the word is used as an insult,,,,

which it could be taken as in print on a shirt,,,

why does it have to be the only reason anyone else is offended?

So your argument is that a GAY person is going to take offense to a GAY shirt being worn by one half of a GAY couple?

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 09:35 AM

i'm not really sure why thats even a law... i guess for crime deterrent...

Seems kind of silly to me ... as if they're anticipating former felons voting toward legalizing murder or something similar that's never going to happen. Keep them from running for office, ok ... whatever, but voting? They're still citizens.

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 09:31 AM

just as easy for her to wear a normal shirt and quit whining...she got to see dollywood, and no harm was done...dress codes are for a reason, to keep the peace if not for anything else... people have been shot just for wearing a certain colors, and i'm sure in middle Tennessee there might be a hick or two that might less tolerant than others over that...

Who cares? Obviously, she didn't. As usual, let's all cater to the ignorant and intolerant ...

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 09:24 AM
That would be the NASA site, I'd assume, but still nothing there about the conclusions of a ten year study and discredit of previous information.

The other link seems to be the man who actually came to this conclusion ... who is a long-time nay-sayer of climate change and has books to sell on the subject.

I'll judge this "not enough info" until I see something from NASA itself.

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 08:54 AM

Ummmmmm, where have I EVER said I don't support gay marriage? I don't support stupid crap like this that makes me re-think my position on this.

So, seeing something you consider stupid can change your opinion of equal rights and consideration for all types of people? This is an uncommon occurrence, but even if it were an hourly event, you think you (or anyone else) have the right to deny people equality?

Are religious type shirts banned there? Just curious.

Considering its location, I have no doubt you can find hundreds of Jesus shirts on a daily basis and at least a couple crucifixion depictions. I see them around here all the time. I find that inappropriate for children (then again, I find all religion inappropriate for children since they cannot think critically for themselves).

BTW, my daughter is five and saw a picture of a couple friends of mine kissing the other day. She asked "why are those girls kissing"? I was honest and said matter-of-factly, "some boys like boys and some girls like girls." Her response was "oh, ok" and she went back to playing with her toys.

Instead of covering their eyes, why not be honest and treat it like its normal (because it is) and then we won't be offended by silly t-shirt slogans.

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/28/11 06:06 PM

Bush tax cuts gave me money and I am not a super rich person.

Yeah, I got that $300 check too ... yippee ... whoa

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/28/11 05:48 PM

This article is horribly written. If I read "far less" or "alarmist" one more time, I was ready to scream. No details or data are given to actually inform the reader. It is just generalization and judgment meant to lead the reader along. Then I noticed that the article was from Forbes. Surprise, surprise!

That said, I do believe the basis of the article is true, and that it is important. I just want to see some real info and some real quotes so I can reach my own conclusions, even if they still agree with the author's point of view.

And for those that don't know, Forbes is a business-oriented, mostly op-ed magazine (read: Republican). Amusing that I see nothing about this on the NASA site itself ... in fact, the only place I CAN find it is from right-wing propagandist machines and most of them are quoting the article in Forbes.

Can anyone else find a less biased source for this information?

I think even if more heat is being released into space as this article claims, it doesn't alleviate our responsibility (not to the planet, it'll ultimately be fine ... but to the generations that follow us) and we should do more to lessen our impact on the environment, regardless.

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/28/11 05:28 PM
Funny ... especially since just three months ago, there was this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/05/20/bradlee-deans-obama-slur-on-minnesota-house-floor-sparks-uproar.html

I wonder if Mr. Dean is so hardcore anti-gay because he woke up one day next to a dude after a night of drug use on the road ...

donthatoneguy's photo
Wed 07/27/11 08:50 PM

awesome.

for future reference...they can see any optometrist, and you can take the prescription with you and fill it wherever you choose. so...the appointment, and then get the glasses themselves in a couple of weeks if needed.

i'm glad she's well.

Oh, I know ... tell my ex that. laugh She was demanding I take her and get whatever needed done and she would pay for it ... I guess simply to "show me up" and try to finger me among her friends as a horrible parent because I was "thinking more about the money".

Bet she'll never thank me for keeping a straight head and saving her $400, though ... whoa

donthatoneguy's photo
Wed 07/27/11 08:29 PM

THis is not a big deal but they want to make it a big deal and this is why a lot of people oppose gay marrige, because they want to force their crap down everyones throat and when it's not accepted they cause a scene, throw a fit or sue someone.

Interesting ... since gays have "marriage is between one man and one woman" forced down their throat on a daily basis, even if its just the simple fact of knowing that by law they can't legally marry in most states.

Who's cramming what?

donthatoneguy's photo
Wed 07/27/11 09:47 AM

eye doctors around here are about 60-80 bucks for a regular appointment (without contact lens fitting). i can't imagine any eye doctor being 3-400 bucks.

i lose sight in one of my eyes occasionally...the eye doctor strengthens my prescription for a few months when it happens...although he did say that without that, i'd probably lose sight in that eye.

The $300-400 was if she actually needed glasses, which she doesn't. Her vision is still 20/20. I was remarking on worst (financial) case scenario. The 300-400 as compared to 25 when they get home in, now, 2 weeks.

She's doing well, now. No blurring in 5 days now and the appointment with the optometrist is tomorrow.

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 07/25/11 10:04 AM
Hmm ... four pages and nobody thought to say "42"? Really? laugh

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 07/25/11 09:47 AM
Yeah, I've been doing that several times a day, having her read and count things at a distance. Everything checks out so far. Four days now without incident and four days to go until the doc appointment.

The doc's office has a discount special, if you bring in ten canned goods you get $30 off the exam. That'll help immensely. :smile:

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 07/25/11 08:59 AM

I give the first half of the movie a grade C. The tempo and tone were off the mark for what they were trying to establish. In parts where there was a sense of danger or urgency, I just didn't feel it. That's because the pace of the movie sometimes lulled for too long of a stretch.

The second half rose the overall grade to a B- in my opinion. Severus's memories were not only the turning point for the film, but also the best scene of the whole movie. (To be honest, it may eventually rank among my favorite scenes from the entire franchise.) After that scene, the tone and tempo altered building towards the movie's climax, thereby saving me from disappointment.

If the first half had a similar impact, I would have given the movie an overall grade of B+/A-.

I also think I understand the ending, which I won't spoil for those who haven't seen it yet.

The pacing worked great for me. I kind of expected it to be a run from start to finish, but spreading the action a bit kept me interested, especially since the action was separated by details of interest. That's just me, though.

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 07/25/11 08:22 AM

People that believe in aliens are NO different than someone believing in God.

Actually, there is a significant difference. Whether we have been visited or not (or whether we ever find it or not elsewhere), alien life is plausible, at least. :smile:

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 07/24/11 10:42 AM

Hey Folks

Did we discredit these books yet cause I need to get started on being God. I have a tailor all picked out. I'm going to use the one that Kate used in the royal wedding. My robe will have a touch more color and my crown will be of the traditional kingly style. I will have to get the breast area fixed as to show my manly bigoted chest. I will also be going with boots but they will indeed match my cape.

After I become my own God I will distribute my design to all of the thrift shops so you can become God's for less. Not that you are a lesser God but why should you have to pay designer pricing to become deity.

Now now, lets not follow "tradition" by dictating what is Godly. As our own Gods, its up to us to "Intelligently Design" our own clothing. :laughing:

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 07/24/11 10:33 AM

sure, no real scientest would make such a claim but a strong atheist claims that there is no god at all, which makes him/her every bit as delusional, according to psychiatry, as a christian who claims god created everything.

Really? Really? A person not believing into something because there is absolutely no evidence is delusional, wow.

not what i said. i said that a person who CLAIMS that there is no god is delusional just as a person who CLAIMS there is a god is delusional. never said a person who doesn't believe there is a god because there is no evidence is delusional. that person is a weak atheist and does not CLAIM it to be fact as a strong atheist would.

I believe there are no pegasi on the face of the planet Earth. There is no evidence of any pegasus anywhere other than ancient myths. Does that make me delusional? If not, why should the argument be any different concerning God?

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 07/23/11 10:13 PM

Here is how California can help itself,

BOOT OUT THE ILLEGAL ALIENS! BOOT THEM OUT! KICK THEM OUT! SEND THEM BACK!

BYE BYE!

Not going to happen. California excepts and supports them to be here.

The state is too humane to do it.

No, our "Officials" are too LIBERAL to do it!

Ha! Another alternative is to just assimilate Mexico ... problem solved, now everyone is legal. :laughing: I mean, we might as well, right? Why not be the evil empire they're all claiming us to be?

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 07/23/11 10:09 PM

not only that, but gold was illegal to own till the law was changed in the 70's... i think the most you could own was about 2 ounces

http://www.submityourarticle.com/articles/Gary-Giardina-3185/gold-26305.php

Well, that was because of the gold standard. There is still a legal limit on gold hoarding beyond jewelry.

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 07/23/11 10:01 PM

I doubt blackmail is the concern though, when politicians have affairs. If it was, their coming clean would certainly alleve any threat of that and make their job LESS expendable, instead of more expendable.

Point. Agreed. To choose public humiliation over political pressures ... commendable. Private lives (that are not expressly illegal) should not concern the general public, so long as the work is getting done satisfactorily.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16