Community > Posts By > donthatoneguy

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 02:01 PM
Cause God's such a nice guy. Love me for leaving you under the care of the greatest evil in the universe and if you don't, I'll make sure you stay there!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 01:56 PM
I can follow that line of reasoning, but as to the origin of this thread ... offtopic I'm still waiting on ANY evidence that Ron Paul is "looney" and "racist". yawn

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 01:49 PM
Ok, that's the best I can do with the least amount of syllables ... I answered the question, Mrs. John Hagee, and I answered it rationally and succinctly.

Moving on ...

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 12:58 PM
Noted ... again ...

Can we move on?

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 11:22 AM
The simplest explanation isn't that there's only one since it creates more questions than it answers. It would be simpler to theorize that this "creator" were a member of a race of beings.

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 10:38 AM

I was watching a show last night and Obama's one number is at 58 when it's supposed to be 100. They said no sitting President with any number under 100 has EVER been re-elected when they were under 100. Carters was around 70. I wish i could remember what it is but they said this is REally bad for Obama.

Instead of speculating on whether he's going to be re-elected or not, why don't we look at the candidates themselves? This back and forth argument about whether he COULD get re-elected or COULDN'T because of this arbitrary number system or that is a distraction from not only the issues, but the topic of this thread.

Fact: Until November 6th of next year, we're not going to know anything for certain, so its just wasted energy.

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 10:30 AM
I think its also possible they'll do some of his short stories, like 'The Hedge Knight' and 'The Sworn Sword' to fill the void during those times. Guess we'll see. But yeah, a six year lull after the 6th season airs, after a one or two year lull following the 5th, would likely destroy HBO's interest.

Naught to do but hope for the best. hehehe.

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 10:11 AM

Right. And since Atheism doesn't work, because by all our science, there is no way that an inanimate force can exist forever and create a temporary universe. So the creator of the universe must have been a person, who decided to create the universe. It's irrational to insist that our universe was created by natural forces, because we know that natural forces don't work that way.

Its irrational to insist that you know exactly how all natural forces work, since even scientists do not make that claim.

There is a theory that the universe continually explodes, expands, slows, then contracts and compacts just to do it all over again and though we know the relative age of the universe since the explosion that spawned the current era, there is no telling how many times this has occurred already or will continue to occur. Does it happen that way? We don't know, but its a good theory ... without any Gods.

And even with your claim that a God would have to exist outside of the Universe to create it, there is still nothing that would give any credence to the idea that there must be only one of them.

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 09:23 AM
You can also get news about it straight from the source at www.georgerrmartin.com

Season 2 will follow the events of 'A Clash of Kings'. It is an amazingly well done series so far, which I expected from HBO, considering their other original series.

My only concern is the pace at which the books are being written. lol. It took six years for 'A Dance With Dragons' to come to fruition, if that pace continues, the series will stall after season 5 in 2015 unless they stretch events and/or delve further into the surrounding events of the books.

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 09:10 AM

Occam's Razor. The universe requires at least one god in order to exist. Occam's Razor suggests that it should be one god.

How is a God required? True use of Occam's Razor would be that since we (and every creature we've encountered) have evolved over millions of years, the same requirement would be placed on any 'God'. Since that 'God' would have undergone the same evolutionary requirements, it would more accurately be described as a more advanced sentient being ... and more importantly, there could not be JUST ONE of them.

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 07/14/11 08:57 AM

no, your a jew hater... I understand more of that blah, blah, blah... I do not see your reasoning as valid, but that is my opinion. i think you don't really understand what is happening over there, and are jumping on the "it's the jews fault" bandwagon... and your right, 2 billion can help out a lot over here, just like it helps the people of Israel... and it could also take 2 billion of the debt... but i do have 1 question for you... is there a friendly nation anywhere around Israel? just one, anywhere close? without the help the US and other countries give them, they would have been wiped out years ago... is that what you want?

Oops, I'm so sorry, I used too many big words again. Here:

Me no hate Jew. Me no jump on wagon. Me say no like giving lots of money to stable country for thing they going to do anyway. If give Israel money, why give Jordan and other countries money not to attack Israel? Me no like spend so much money for one nation when we need it.

If me no like give 3.2 billion monies to Japan (another developed country with China, Russia and Korea nearby) every year, does that make me Asian-hater?

donthatoneguy's photo
Wed 07/13/11 08:05 PM
These may be obvious questions, but ... Is this a created DVD or an actual movie? Did you account for any logo clips before the feature or following the credits that may explain your discrepancy?

donthatoneguy's photo
Wed 07/13/11 07:48 PM
I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit on 2 gigs of RAM and a 3.0 Ghz Athlon X2 (dual core) and I'm doing fine. 2 gigs is the minimum for Win7. There are moments when it takes a several seconds to open large programs like Photoshop, but otherwise, the performance is great.

donthatoneguy's photo
Wed 07/13/11 07:38 PM

blah, blah, blah... you can try to cover the facts all you want, but people can see right through what your saying... ajew hater is a jew hater, plain and simple... there are earmarks going to oil companies that are much higher than 2 billion a year, and oil companies need the money too, right? the government spent 42 billions dollars last year on continuing education last year alone, which is a good thing, right? you should worry more about your dumb arguments than who is blowing what...

Those first three words described your intelligence level, so I'll drop some of the big words and repeat what I said in my previous post, I'm pissed about many things undeserving of our tax dollars (as well as companies like GE who paid no taxes). I'm also against sustaining welfare indefinitely ... I suppose that also makes me racist against blacks, right? I'm against healthcare for unregistered immigrants ... guess that makes me racist against Mexicans too, right? Being half-Mexican, I'm a unique kind of racist, eh?

Point being, should I refer to you as a religious zealot because you support the billions that seems so callously tossed aside every year? I've no reason to believe so, therefore I won't. Just because I don't approve of supplying the foreign government of a developed and strong country with excessive aid doesn't mean I hold any distaste for their people.

Shade me as you wish, but I've stated an opinion intelligently and gave valid reasons for that opinion. Your answer is "blah, blah, blah" and you brought up the oil companies I suppose because you could not understand the rest of my post. Brush up on your vocabulary and try again. I'll be here.

donthatoneguy's photo
Wed 07/13/11 11:18 AM
Isn't it amusing? Anyone who speaks rationally and has at least half a brain is subject to ridicule and labeled with one derogatory adjective or another. Even one of the smartest people in their own party isn't safe. I guess they'd rather see Sarah Palin looking across the Atlantic at the COUNTRY of Africa instead of across the Bering Strait at Russia. :laughing:

donthatoneguy's photo
Wed 07/13/11 11:10 AM

it's not "our" money, it's the governments money...and when you single out a single group of people, that is racist... Iraq gets about 8 times what Israel gets, but not one of you whines about that... a small country that is surrounded by hateful enemies that would like nothing more than to kill every last one of the Jews, and you complain... and it is 2 billion a year, not 10 billion... Afghanistan gets about the same amount...

A) The government taxes the people to provide for, support and protect those people ... so you're damned right I should have a say in how that money is spent. The ability (or lack thereof) to vote in a different representative, senator or president does not give anyone else the right to silence my outrage of how that money is misspent.

B) Israel is singled out in this thread, yes, but it is not the only concern I have, personally, about the rest of our tax dollars. As its been stated, Iraq has received so much aid because of the destruction the U.S. government has caused. In the long run, Iraq does not receive regular aid from us anywhere near the amount Israel gets by default (unless you count the years we were supporting Iraq to counter Iran--and of which, Israel actually received 3.2 billion in 2010, the 2 billion figure stated was so far THIS year).

I look differently at countries that need it. Afghanistan is a third-world country oppressed by the Taliban for decades. Pakistan was being payed to hunt terrorists and last I heard, that has been suspended.

My biggest beef with the U.S. government's spending is defense spending that has nothing to do with Israel ... like the dozens of YF-22 Raptors that have never seen combat. However, I still disagree with the expenditure on Israel. That doesn't make me a "Nazi" or "neo-Nazi", it makes me frugal. Israel is not a developing country and does not need the amount of "aid" we've been funding, especially if we're paying off Jordan and other countries NOT to attack them. I say one or the other.

And even "just" $2B can send 20 million kids (including Jewish-American citizens) to college, so take "Jew-hater" and blow.

donthatoneguy's photo
Tue 07/12/11 10:13 AM
Hmm ... here we have Exodus:

2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Does this mean he's JUST the God of those he brought out of Egypt?

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

Could this be interpreted as there are, indeed, other Gods, but He demands that just these people should only worship the one who saved them?

donthatoneguy's photo
Tue 07/12/11 09:40 AM
As I understand it, "Al Qaeda" translates roughly to "The List", which is exactly how it started. Those on "The List" were foreign personnel the CIA had relied on for many years for operations the U.S. could not participate in publicly or "black flag" operations that would implicate other organizations and cause, or perpetuate, conflicts throughout the Middle East whose outcomes would benefit the U.S.

donthatoneguy's photo
Tue 07/12/11 09:28 AM
Everyone's ventured off-topic, which is not about "hating jews" ... its about where our tax dollars are going and where it could be better spent.

And since it obviously wasn't clear (even though it should have been), nobody was complaining about Pakistan because Pakistan was not receiving $10B/year of our money.

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 07/09/11 07:12 AM

It may be a true history, has not been proven NOT to be a true history, but people shouldnt kill each other in any manner

Dinosaurs?

Evolution?

Where are these things in the Bible?

Why is there evidence contradicting a world-wide flood during the time of man?

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 15 16