Community > Posts By > donthatoneguy

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 08/13/11 07:47 PM

Because its a bogus claim. The $1T we're in debt because of the war efforts over the past decade (nevermind the other $10T) is not the reason we're in debt $1T for the wars?

The wars have perpetuated the debt, there is no doubt about that. Just because it did not START the total debt doesn't mean its not a debt. You know its a debt, because up until 2009, it was NEVER WRITTEN INTO THE BUDGET.

Saying it is the reason we are in debt is claiming that without it we wouldn't be in debt. It is a small portion relative to the total debt. Trying to blame the war for the debt is a bad idea because it focuses on 1 thing that even if we completely fixed wouldn't fix our debt problem. We need to focus on all of the issues if we want to solve the problem. I am not saying it isn't part of the problem. If you want to be realistic I will claim it is about 20% of the problem. I say lets not focus on 20% of the problem lets focus on 100% of the problem. Is that too much to ask?

Hey, I'm with you, totally. I'd be down with focusing on 100% of the problem if the rest of the country were willing to do the same. Instead, the only thing we've seen from Republicans is a constant desire to cut every bit of aid to regular people (even things like education), snipe away at small chunks of spending that ultimately doesn't matter in comparison to the Big 3 and totally refuse any suggestions of fairly taxing the rich or cutting war funding and defense spending. Its completely ridiculous.

donthatoneguy's photo
Sat 08/13/11 07:36 PM
Ha! I was going to guess "The Onion".

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 08/12/11 11:57 AM
Because its a bogus claim. The $1T we're in debt because of the war efforts over the past decade (nevermind the other $10T) is not the reason we're in debt $1T for the wars?

The wars have perpetuated the debt, there is no doubt about that. Just because it did not START the total debt doesn't mean its not a debt. You know its a debt, because up until 2009, it was NEVER WRITTEN INTO THE BUDGET.

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 08/12/11 11:48 AM
I don't want to be contrary for the sake of being contrary, but I watched the Fact or Fiction episode and I found a lot of the same BS that I saw everywhere else. While there were some good explanations here and there and there were some expert interviews, most of the debate was handled by just one of the Popular Mechanics reporters and usually his answer was "it doesn't make sense" with no backing evidence or commentary to support his "debunking".

It needs to be said that I don't believe there were bombs in the buildings, nor do I believe the planes were remote controlled. I do think it may have been ALLOWED to happen and there are many aspects of the official story that are shady ... but lacking actual evidence to the contrary, I can't make my mind up either way.

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 08/12/11 11:33 AM
People want to see many things when it comes to their entertainment (or the entertainment/learning of their children). There are also test audiences for movies, TV shows, etc and things are changed according to that feedback. Ultimately, the producers of that medium will usually do whatever they like with that medium, at the behest of their "fan-base" or not.

If it came down to PBS actually marrying the characters, I'd say any blame would be with the producers rather than those people outside of production who thought "duhhhh, dis would be a good idea, George."

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 08/12/11 08:51 AM
Agreed, but only on the basis that sexual orientation has no place in a childrens' series. Reconsider support of gay marriage? No. What's wrong with you? People do this all the time, from comic books to soap operas ... ask ABC how many letters they've received over the years for character X to get married to character Y ... be it gay or straight couplings. Where's your outrage with any other show or medium?

A petition is merely a joint letter en mass. Anything else you want to blow out of proportion?

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 08/12/11 08:25 AM

When you compare it to the deficit I am saying. What about the only 11 trillion dollars? Compared to the entire budget that is not such a large bill. I am not saying its insignificant but its not enough that if we didn't have it we wouldn't be in debt. That is my argument. Take away the war and we would still be 11 trillion in debt.

My point also of just 300 billion being way less than what we would pay to cover everyone for universal healthcare as Canada pays nearly 200 billion a year to cover 1/10th of our population.

So, we might as well keep paying it then? The bigger point is that no matter what's more expensive, its still ADDING to the debt and there's much better things to spend it on ... even universal healthcare for 1 year is better for THIS country. Things that are helpful to citizens (like everyone argued for the case of tax cuts) aren't a waste of money.

But hey, if you're still a big fan of the war effort, I guess that's better than sending EVERY kid in the U.S. to college for the next ten years, instead eh? We don't want people making educated decisions so this never happens again, do we?

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 08/11/11 06:15 PM
Yeah, apparently this is over. After Clooney learned she spilled the beans about their relationship, he dumped her. ****ing idiot ...

donthatoneguy's photo
Thu 08/11/11 06:11 PM

Its just 300 billion dollars.

Well, if it ain't no thang, why don't YOU foot the bill yourself. You don't mind working for free, right Chazster?

Despite your idiotic opinion, $300B is A LOT OF MONEY. I don't particularly care how "little it is in comparison to X" and neither should anyone else, its still wasted money. Its like telling your SO:

"Yeah, we could get a new house that's desperately needed for our family, but this T3 connection isn't what's making us bankrupt ... it's ONLY $500/month. Its the FOOD that we're buying and the heating bill in the winter and the paying for school supplies and clothing for the children that's REALLY draining our bank account".

Do you people really hate Democrats THAT much that you'll stand by the stupidity of a horrible Republican president out of spite? Seriously.

donthatoneguy's photo
Mon 08/01/11 09:23 AM

did anyone here ever hear of the amero?this is why our money isnt backed by gold anymore.

Our money isn't backed by gold because otherwise other governments could turn in cash (promisory notes for gold) and take it out of our country, eventually bankrupting the U.S.

donthatoneguy's photo
Sun 07/31/11 01:48 PM

The park should just have a rule that you can't wear any T-shirts with anything written on them. Then they would not have to make any decisions about whether it might "offend" anyone.

I'm down with this. :thumbsup: No slogans, symbols or logos allowed. That will eliminate any chance for bias or potential lawsuits for discrimination or arguments of selective enforcement. If you show up with a shirt (or other apparel) displaying these things, you can buy a shirt at the front gate with the logo of the park for $1. All problems solved. :)

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 09:22 PM
:thumbsup:

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 09:21 PM
He's still funny and I agree with a lot of his viewpoints.

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 06:56 PM
I'm a big fan of the idea that "words are just words" and changing those words does not change intent and OMITTING words from use certainly DOESN'T change the mind of those who express hatred toward other people.

Sorry. Striking a word from your everyday conversation doesn't make the problem go away. At least if someone has a problem with the word being said, it creates discourse about the intent BEHIND the words ... even if it involves an a$$-beating. MHO

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 04:25 PM
I don't really respect many of the commentators. My ex was big on Keith Obermann and I'd get three minutes into one of his rants and want to strangle him, despite whether I agreed with any portion of what he was saying or not. The only commentation I can stand is that of a comedic nature like the Daily Show or Bill Maher.

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 04:20 PM

I would think if the employee asked if she was gay would set them up for a law suit.

As far as I am concerned, the business has the right to decide. I would agree with their decision if they didn't want religious shirts too.

If a straight person wore that shirt, in support of gay marriage, should that be allowed?

If a straight person wore the shirt, against gay marriage, should that be allowed?

What if the person (whatever their preference is) wore it in protest of marriage of any kind?

Shouldn't it be the same rule for all...regardless?

I doubt the employees would be able to go around and question everyone with something written on their shirt.

It's a business and (while impossible to make everyone happy) tries to keep the hot topics to a minimum for the sake of peace.

JMO

I don't see how that particular phrase could be construed in protest of gay marriage ...

Regardless, I'm not disagreeing with the idea that businesses had the right to determine a dress code. I actually honestly applaud them for merely asking that the shirt be reversed rather than a strict eviction from the grounds.

My qualm with the whole affair is how 'offensive' it is proclaimed to be and how unbalanced the issue is in regard to so many other concerns.

"Its a family-oriented business" is usually connected to the nay-sayers' belief that "gay" cannot equal "family" despite a growing number of stable households (evidence) to the contrary. Its BS and turning this argument into "someone might think its the 'insulting form' of gay" is, simply, a ridiculous obfuscation.

Gays calling each other "fag" or "queer" (disempowerment-empowerment) is a completely different matter altogether.

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 10:58 AM

when churches start paying taxes like the rest of us i'll start getting up in arms about sex clubs posing as churches.

:thumbsup:

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 10:52 AM
Weird. Windows 7 requires a clean install (from XP at least, not sure about Vista), since it is not an NT build, even if you're upgrading.

Even if you had it pre-installed when you bought the system, you should have a product key somewhere for the previously installed OS (which is used in conjunction with your Win7 product code). If you're having problems, I'd suggest contacting Microsoft. There's really no reason you should have to find a previous version of windows if you can prove you had one (previous product key).

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 10:34 AM
Edited by donthatoneguy on Fri 07/29/11 10:35 AM

yeah, there are a lot of IM programs, i would rather see one that integrates all of them, so you don't need 5-10, but do like the idea of circles, it would be nice to be able to share a youtube video with friends that my mom can't see lol. the 'hangout' feature looks cool too, just not enough people on there yet

http://www.trillian.im/

Also, you can integrate gmail and facebook chat into AIM (definitely) or Yahoo! (I believe) now.

There's also http://www.meebo.com/

donthatoneguy's photo
Fri 07/29/11 10:03 AM
Huh ...

First, I'd say a brief conversation would clear that up, if it weren't obvious. Second, I'd say that, gay marriage being the issue it is right now, no gay person would likely misconstrue the meaning of that particular slogan.

That's just me (and the handful of gay people I know), though.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16