Community > Posts By > FisitMan

FisitMan's photo
Wed 12/12/07 07:01 PM
Time is relative to our age. When we're 18, 2 years is a serious difference. At 25 it may be 5 years. The span tends to increase as we age. I chuckle when I hear a 20 year old woman call a 30 year old an "older man", as though he's on the verge of Social Security. I know I'm ancient to younger women. But I'm still a kid to my 92 year old aunt. It's all relativity. When you're 5 a year is 20% of your life. When you're 50, it's 2%.

FisitMan's photo
Tue 12/11/07 05:48 PM
Do what feels right in your heart. Stick to your faith and you will be fine. :smile:

FisitMan's photo
Tue 12/11/07 05:34 PM
You seem to think that someone who says, "I'm interested in you" has some sort of ulterior motive. I'm talking about simple honest truth. "I'm interested in you." "It sure is a nice day." "This bar sure is smoky." Simple statements of fact. No games. No implications. Nothing but simple truth. It's a sad statement about us that no one can even identify it any more.

FisitMan's photo
Tue 12/11/07 05:26 PM
Women's faults are many
Men have only two
Everything they say
And everything they do

bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

FisitMan's photo
Tue 12/11/07 04:59 PM
I wish that, just once, I could meet someone the was really honest. Everyone is saying things like "be yourself" and "take things slow" and "just start a conversation" etc., etc. ad nauseum. That's still not being honest. It's game playing. Period. If someone is interested in someone else, why the hell can't they just say, "I'm interested in you"? That's real honesty.

FisitMan's photo
Sun 12/09/07 06:16 PM
I don't think you're being picky at all. You know what you like and what you don't like. And since you don't like 1 liners, just ignore them. If he's really interested he'll send another (and hopefully longer) E-mail. And probably another.

FisitMan's photo
Sun 12/09/07 05:59 PM
It looks good - more real than a lot that I've read. Good job.

BTW, not all of us old guys are creepy or perverted. Matter of fact, some of us are even human. bigsmile bigsmile

FisitMan's photo
Sat 12/08/07 11:35 AM
"Spirit , my original post was not meant as an attack on you--or anyone. But I stand behind it. No one should need people telling them how hot they think they are on a minutely (is that a word ?)basis. We all should be confident in ourselves as individuals to the point we're secure enough to where strangers don't have to mollycoddle us."

Knoxman,

I do not know you or anything about you. However, your original post was a direct attack on anyone who has not been blessed with your obvious confidence. Any psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you there is nothing wrong with wanting or seeking "strokes" from other people. If Spirit's topic wasn't to your liking, why did you bother to post or even read it?

FisitMan's photo
Sat 12/08/07 11:13 AM
My youngest son is bi-polar. I have dealt with some of the difficulties, though nothing like your situation has arisen. I won't attempt to offer advice. You should consult professionals for that. I do wish to make one point. When she has those "episodes" how does she treat her children? If she exhibits any of the behavior towards them that she shows towards you, those children may be in physical danger (not to mention the emotional damage already done). It may be a prudent move on your part to contact Social Services. If they find the problems I suspect, they can force her to seek professional help and stick with it. This will probably end your relationship with her but it may be necessary for the protection of her children. And don't forget, just because she doesn't display certain behavior toward the children when you're
around does NOT mean things are the same when you're not there.

FisitMan's photo
Fri 12/07/07 08:45 PM
Something, anything, as long as it's just the two of us. I want to be able to look into her eyes, hear her every word. I want to see her body language, hopefully feel her touch. I wholeheartedly agree with Chief's thoughts of nature surrounding us, humbling us, thrilling us. It contrasts with our being, making out emotions and desires that much more clear and intense.

FisitMan's photo
Fri 12/07/07 08:33 PM
The Odd Couple. bigsmile bigsmile

FisitMan's photo
Fri 12/07/07 08:29 PM
I've never figured out how to reverse the aging process.

FisitMan's photo
Fri 10/12/07 08:37 PM
One. A very nice evening, actually. She was so impressed that a week later she moved a thousand miles away.ohwell

FisitMan's photo
Thu 10/11/07 06:19 PM
What's New ***** Cat? Tom Jones

FisitMan's photo
Sun 10/07/07 06:56 PM
I'm assuming I can do a google for LiveCD. I appreciate the help greatly. Thank you.

FisitMan's photo
Sat 10/06/07 07:28 PM
I have a .dll file I cannot get rid of.grumble Symantec deems it a threat, but I can't delete it, move it, or rename it. It does not show up in DOS so I can't delete it there. Any suggestions?

FisitMan's photo
Thu 09/20/07 08:01 PM
Silver Tongued Devil - Kris Kristoferson

FisitMan's photo
Mon 09/17/07 08:13 PM
Time to employ the fine art of compromise - brow beat that sucker into submission :smile:

Seriously, it is difficult to be objective about someone you care for. Put substantial weight on the opinions of neutral observers, ie teachers, clergy, others who have no reason to be biased. Don't let them make the decision for you but consider their input. Looking through their eyes may help clear your own. Good luck.

FisitMan's photo
Mon 09/17/07 07:38 PM
OK - on the question "Does age matter"......

If I counted correctly:

Men: Yes, it does - 8
No, it doesn't - 6

Women: Yes, it does - 11
No, it doesn't - 10

This poll is by no means official, so don't shoot the pollster frown

FisitMan's photo
Sat 09/15/07 10:58 AM
It is scary, MsTeddy. I sorta got my toes wet but I'm afraid to go much deeper. I can't swim. Good luck. happy