Community > Posts By > Britty

Britty's photo
Thu 01/08/09 02:46 PM

That was an interesting article by David Halton, from Canada.

I can agree with his view

"…… but open to the idea of Christian principles being used to guide political action.
"

I can also understand some of his view concerning some of the right-wing christian organizations.

Sadly, on either side of the spectrum, until people learn to control the self-will, there can be a potential for evil. I tend to be wary of extremes in either direction.

Britty's photo
Thu 01/08/09 12:13 PM

Hi Debs,

I took a quick look at that, shall re-read and come back with comments.

Acts 1-8.

Britty's photo
Thu 01/08/09 10:13 AM

Another one I thought of recently:

Anne of Green Gables.

Story of a girl who is adopted by a brother and sister, living on a farm in Prince Edward Island, both getting on in years. They intended to adopt a boy, and got a girl instead.

That's when the love comes in.

Britty's photo
Thu 01/08/09 10:10 AM

Thankyou {{Vanessa}}}

flowerforyou

Hi pkh, good to see you here.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Thu 01/08/09 04:44 AM

Yes, Rapunzel.

Thank you.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 05:27 PM

left ya an IM msge

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 05:27 PM

msiam: Amen to that.

Welcome here.

{{{hugs}}} to all.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 09:09 AM

Well that's a thought ...

It sure is.

Britty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 09:07 AM

Thanks Britty..........

The Lord has been working in me......

Praise the Lord

Thank him each and every day for every day.....and for all

that he gives us....

Our Lord truly is an Awesome God

Been keeping Him busy have you, Debs? :wink:

:smile: I could not resist.

Britty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 09:05 AM

You know with so many christian singles. It seems like there should be more christian social meeting places-clubs/cafes/jazz/cool music sandwich/ice-cream shop for social activity.A relaxing cozy atmophere for single christians to meet. We are so limited on what is avaiable to us in many of our communities. Not only could it be a blessing to the christian community but also it could be profitable.It would certainly have to be a success, if it is to keep the christian singles comming back to meet and patronize the venue. My sister and I have talked about having such a place available. It would be ran like any other business and be supervised. What are your thoughts? Any suggestions?

Welcome here betster. that sounds like a nice idea. Perhaps you could check with local churches in your area that might provide similar things, like a coffee shop etc, and see what kind of feedback you receive.

A church I went to in New Hampshire started with a monthly coffee evening, it has now become a coffeeshop open on a regular basis.

Good luck.

Britty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 06:26 AM

That's a lovely song lilangel25.

Welcome to the site.

I hope you enjoy being here.flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 01/07/09 06:25 AM

will remember them in prayer, Debs.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/06/09 06:40 PM

Hi I am a lonely Christian single living in England. I wonder what makes us different to other singles?

Welcome Bocelli. I noticed you were from Northampton, England.

I also used to enjoy walking country lanes, and the old British pubs. I have lived in the US now for a number of years.

I am wondering if you are questioning why there is a forum for Christian singles. There are other forums for other faith groups.

I hope you enjoy being on this site, and welcome here.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/06/09 06:33 PM

Good evening Rainbow and all who enter here.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/06/09 06:17 PM
Edited by Britty on Tue 01/06/09 06:20 PM

I find YES or NO questions do not adequately
answer most questions.

I believe in the separation of Church and State as it was intended in the US Constitution.

However, in response to your question I would have to say NO.

The lack of religious beliefs or lack of a belief in God does not necessarily qualify any person or group to make reasonable decisions that are in the best interests of humanity as a whole.

Britty's photo
Tue 01/06/09 01:43 PM

I suggest you all see the reasoning of the founders on this issue and why they favored a representational democracy over a pure democracy.

Think tyranny of the majority here folks.

Think about the senate where each state has two senators. This allows each state, the densely populated along with those less populated to have an equal say.

This sounds reasonable to me.

I am still learning about the US political system and imagined it was set up that way to strike a balance.

Britty's photo
Mon 01/05/09 07:17 PM

QS
:smile:

Maybe, if enough people start to believe that every nation has a right to share this planet,
the right people will get the message.

Britty's photo
Mon 01/05/09 05:29 PM

I believe as was said earlier education is the key to teach young people to learn to live with one another and be tolerant of each other's differences.

In the meantime, and as terrible as it is for the youngsters caught in Gaza through no fault of their own, I find it difficult to condone those who think it is acceptable to believe that an entire group of people do not deserve to live on a very small piece of this earth, where they have lived for centuries, just because it suits their ideology.

I do not know what can be done with people who are hell bent on destruction unless they are willing to change.

Perhaps the world needs to get those leaders to help their own people, get to work and improve their area of the globe, instead of allowing them to prolong their agony.

Britty's photo
Mon 01/05/09 04:23 PM

Jesus, Be the Centre

Michael Frye

Jesus be the center
Be my source be my light
Jesus
Jesus be the center
Be my song Jesus
Be the fire in my heart
Be the wind in my sails
Be the reason that I live
Jesus Jesus
Jesus be my vision
Be my help
Be my guide Jesus

flowerforyou :heart:

Britty's photo
Mon 01/05/09 10:31 AM

it's not the religions that cause wars, it's people

even if we were all the same (or none) religion there is still oil to fight over. or water. or territory

So in other words humans will never get along regardless of what is done. A world peace is unachievable.

This is a sad reality don't you thinksad

Probably not until man learns to control the ego.
Not that, that is the only contributing factor.

You would have to remove anything that people can disagree over. Unfortunately, I think man would lose the traits that are held as admirable.

ie. football fans kill each other from time to time, no matter what the belief system.

However, not to be negative, I hope one day a way will be found by all.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25