Community > Posts By > Britty

Britty's photo
Tue 02/10/09 03:55 PM

flowerforyou :thumbsup:

Britty's photo
Tue 02/10/09 03:51 PM

Hi Debs,

A wall full of different teas - that sounds good.

:thumbsup: drinker

Almost ready with the plans, rehearsal on thursday.

flowers :heart:

Britty's photo
Mon 02/09/09 07:38 PM

Hi colorblind & welcome to the forumswaving

Britty, congrats and I'm praying that your big day is blessed beyond compare along with your new life afterwards.flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Thank you Allen. Your prayers and good wishes are most appreciated.

Welcome PepPatty. Great to see you here.

Colorblind: the big day - I am planning to be
married on saturday, Valentine's Day.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 02/09/09 07:34 PM

Hi Debs,

hope you are doing well.

mmm, it's nice to have a cup of tea and curl up on the comfy sofa.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sat 02/07/09 07:32 AM

That is a great post, icyskies.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sat 02/07/09 07:31 AM

welcome swampfox.

An Interview with God.
http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/popup-frame.html

flowerforyou :heart:

I agree with Allen. AWESOME!!!

Britty,

I thought about you when I viewed this video. Wow! Just barely over a week away!

Jesus, lover of my soul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hWENYf9G84&feature=related

flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

Glad that both you and Allen enjoyed the video. I thought it was pretty awesome the first time I saw it also.

Next saturday is the big day! reminds me of a song: I'm so excited!

Welcome colorblind. glad to see you in the forum.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Thu 02/05/09 12:36 PM

I admit, the songs cannot convey what I feel, but Amazing Grace...on a single set of bagpipes... it stirrs the soul from bottom to top

you bet!!!!!

flowerforyou

waving

Britty's photo
Thu 02/05/09 12:33 PM

Hi everyone.waving

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Thu 02/05/09 12:32 PM

welcome swampfox.

An Interview with God.

flowerforyou :heart:

Britty's photo
Wed 02/04/09 10:39 AM

That's lovely song.

I just noticed Allen, you beat me to it.

did we get the same link? :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QsS190dZTs&feature=related

Britty's photo
Wed 02/04/09 10:33 AM

mmm A beautiful pic Allen,
I hope your day is blessed too.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 02/04/09 06:09 AM

Rest
Zoe Elmore

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5 (NIV)

Devotion:

Who knew that rest was something to seek after like one would pursue a virtuous quality? After all, aren't virtues supposed to be difficult and even require heroic action? I consider rest to be passive, a do-nothing kind of thing. What is the value of that in our daily lives, especially in the life of a busy woman?

Rest, like all things, is only good if it is taken in the right measure and at the right time. By putting rest into practice in our lives, we reap the benefit and value it brings. As women, many of us have forgotten the importance of rest and how to employ the proper placing of the pause.

When people ask how things are going, more often than not the response is, "Busy as usual," or "There aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done."

Why are we so busy and why do many of us feel this way?

I think one reason may be that our society has sold women a false sense of self-worth by connecting our value to our level of busyness. We should ask ourselves the important question found in Galatians 1:10, "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or God? Or am I still trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Now please don't think I am suggesting all women go on permanent rest and take to our beds leaving our responsibilities and families to suffer. Heaven forbid! What I am suggesting is this. When faced with another opportunity to "do" one more thing, "go" to one more event or "host" one more party, resist the urge to immediately throw up your hand and volunteer. Pause and pray, asking the Lord's direction regarding each matter. Perhaps the Lord has someone else in mind to "fill" the position.

Some women have discovered the secret to living a full yet balanced life. Their busy life is punctuated with periods of rest, and that rest consists of a time of prayer. When I see women who rest in the midst of their busy lives I do not see them frantic and harried like myself. Their spiritual balance allows them to accomplish more with less stress.

Perhaps they have learned to employ the truths found in Matthew 11:29, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (NIV). Just like farmers hand-crafted a yoke for every work-animal to help and assist them in their work, these women have learned that the Lord's yoke is perfectly fitted to us in order to assist us in the work He has ordained. And resting is one component of that work. When we are obedient to do the work God has called us to we can experience the joy and benefit of a balanced spiritual life as we utilize the proper place of rest.

(proverbs31 ministries)

Britty's photo
Tue 02/03/09 05:50 PM

Very well and clearly put Laura.

The beauty of a woman (by georgy)

The beauty of a woman
Is not in the clothes she wears,
The figure that she carries,
Or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
The place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole
But true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.

It is the caring that she lovingly gives,
The passion that she shows,
And the beauty of a woman
With passing years only grows!

Britty's photo
Mon 02/02/09 05:44 PM

Hello lovethelord - you have a great testimony, I noticed in another thread. Welcome here.

Hello Sanchris - lucky you, in sunny bahamas. It is going to be snowing here tomorrow, so if you could send a few sunbeams across, that would be most appreciated. :smile:
Welcome to the site.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 02/02/09 10:49 AM

I am glad you enjoyed Fanny's poetry Rhonda.
Welcome here. - You have a positively radiant smile.

flowerforyou

Fanny Crosby wrote over 9,000 hymns during her life. She entered what was then the New York Institution for the Blind at the age of fifteen, afterwards she taught English and history (1847-58).

As a pupil and as a teacher, Fanny spent 35 years at the school. She was often asked to entertain visitors with her poems and she frequently met with presidents, generals and other dignitaries. She was asked to play at President Grant's Funeral. Her first book of poems was published in 1844 was called The Blind Girl and Other Poems.

- She was quite a gifted woman.

Britty's photo
Fri 01/30/09 01:01 AM

:thumbsup: waving flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Fri 01/30/09 01:00 AM

Good to see your paw prints here Allen. :smile:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

blessings,

flowerforyou waving

Britty's photo
Thu 01/29/09 07:52 AM

uh oh...it looks like AllenAqua's done fiddled around and figured out how to post images...:tongue:

Look out world!!!:banana: :angel:

laugh flowerforyou
that's a lovely pic!

:thumbsup:

Britty's photo
Wed 01/28/09 05:33 PM

Umm... nightshade is a plant too.

Atropa belladonna - deadly nightshade, one of the most poisonous plants. Some of its components are purified, as with Donnatel a prescription drug.

It can also be abused if used in recreational drugs which is considered extremely dangerous because of high risk of fatal overdose. The central nervous system effects of atropine include memory disruption, which may lead to severe confusion.

So these plants are here for our use, whether it may be beneficial for humans or for animals, but a little bit of wisdom should help us determine what that appropriate use is.

Britty's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:51 PM

I love the Lord, his Holy Spirit moves through me and I bless his name. I am nothing without him.
He's working miricles in my life! flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

God bless you.

flowerforyou :thumbsup: waving

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25