Community > Posts By > Britty

Britty's photo
Fri 03/13/09 07:17 AM

Our Heavenly Father knows why Rainbow.
I pray that the Lord will guide you in ways you might be able
to minister to your patient's wife.

It is difficult to see a person at that stage of any illness, I think knowing who the person was in their younger days and photos of the person in their youth help one to see them as more than just a sick person but the individual as a whole. We have to learn to see past the pain and see how God uses these things for His glory.

I do pray that his wife will receive help to get her through this. I don't doubt there is anger and difficulty letting go.

I shall take a look at that page at mychurch.org

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Thu 03/12/09 10:26 AM

I am finding it good just to take the Lord with me wherever I go. From my mom's advice I am trying to remember to pray before I go to work. Then I have my pray as I go prayer where I try to keep the Lord with me so that he can do the rounds with me. Then I have my prayer so the Lord can go home with me so I can sleep better. Then I am trying to have my wake up prayer so my day starts out right. Then there is my prayer so that I don't cop an attitude when my Lord is trying to help me through others. Then there is prayer that I don't become indifferent to people just because they have human emotions and feelings. The Lord is really helping with it because he was a person at one time, too. It is nice to know that the Lord can relate with my problems.:smile:

{{{rainbow}}} good advice from mom. And thanks for the reminder on things we can and should pray about.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 03/11/09 09:33 AM

Another interesting write CY.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 03/11/09 09:31 AM

Circuitrider good to see you here. So glad to hear you are
feeling better.

Deklineofman and katrina - welcome.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 03/11/09 09:30 AM

hello everyone i just found this site it is wonderful.i want to say that i love the lord he has always been so good to me. my husband passed away in 2002 i thought i was going to die, i did not want to live without him.but with gods help he brought me through it. with his strength and love i made it. i no that i was never alone he was with me through all of it. and i thank him and praise him for everything he has done in my life. it would be nice if all the christians on this site could get together and meet, and just talk and hangout. nice meeting you all

sorry to hear of your loss lyndeb. God's grace and love is never far from us. It is indeed good to know that we are never truly alone when He is in our life.

Welcome here.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 03/08/09 06:38 AM

Good morning to you early risers.

Enjoying a weekend of sunny mild weather here on the East Coast.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

flowerforyou

good morning Britty, how are you today?

Wonderful thank you July. I like the pic of your grandchildren.
They must be such a joy for you.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 03/08/09 06:29 AM

OMG!Hi!Susan{{{{{bear~huggie}}}}}I am soooooo happy to hear from U.I've been anxiously awaiting to hear from U btw.My happiness for U is completely off the scale.I have missed U bearifically dear.Cy sings"Here comes the bride"....lol;=)I can't wait to see some pic.'s.Woo-Hoo!Hey!I barely caught the e-mail msg up top.Me thinks that should display in white.I have a very busy schedule today w/includes my annual physical.It seems that everyone wants to poke the bear lately.lol;)I shall return correspondence this eve.K.Ummm!No!I did not swipe the carrot from your snowman while U were away.:=)My congratulations,hopes,prayers,wishes & much more to 1 of my dearest friends & finest of ladies whom I have ever meet @ JSH/ M2.A friend that I Luv very dearly & will cherish all of my days.Amen!
p.s.I shall work on a poem titled"A Bearific Wedding"just as soon as I complete my current write w/involves a nobleman.Much Luv & Godspeed!Steven :heart: flowerforyou :tongue: drinker :wink:

I hope the physical went well. Thank you for your sweet words. So, it was not you who stole the carrot from my snowman! surprised LOL. {{{bear-huggies}}}

flowerforyou :heart: waving

Britty's photo
Sun 03/08/09 06:19 AM

I've learned... . That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.

I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows.

I've learned.... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.

I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned.... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.

I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don 't have the strength to help him in some other way.

I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

I've learned.... That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned.... That money doesn't buy class.

I've learned... That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned.... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

I've learned...... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

I 've learned.... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you..

I've learned.... That love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

I've learned... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

I've learned.... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

I've learned... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned..... That opportunities are never lost, someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned.... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned.... That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her one more time before she passed away.

I've learned.... That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned.... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned..... That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.

I've learned.... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned.... That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

(This is a collection of quotes from various people some of which were found in a book entitled: Live and Learn and Pass it on.)

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 03/08/09 06:11 AM

why do I feel abandoned. why can't I wrap my brain around this?

I believe that as we get closer to the Lord we are able to see
through Him.

I love that verse and have a shortened version hanging on my porch door.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 03/08/09 06:08 AM

Thank you for sharing that rainbow. I would love to hear what you
think of the book as you work your way through it.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 03/08/09 06:06 AM

Good morning to you early risers.

Enjoying a weekend of sunny mild weather here on the East Coast.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Fri 03/06/09 06:48 AM

Ablessedlady.

I have not had an experience like that, I have believed in God since childhood.

Welcome here and thank you for sharing your experience.

Iam4U

Praise the Lord, that He is working in your life in such a
mighty way.

{{{Rainbow}}}}

flowerforyou :heart:

Britty's photo
Fri 03/06/09 06:43 AM

great answers. how do you feel about the Christians that give us a bad name (so to speak) and corrupt churches?

let me give examples. The ones protesting against homosexuals. I know how I feel about what the Bible says but are do their actions answer WWJD? screaming at them that they (but using slurs) go to hell. wouldn't it make a better impact to talk to them as Jesus would? to counsel and advice without the hatred?

another one (from personal) my dad died while on a mission in the AF when I was 7 and my sis 9. my mom took us to different churches for comfort and counsel (my family has been Church of Christ for generations on my mom's side). My mom was told (once with us there) that my dad went to Hell because he was Lutheran. that scarred me for a long time. Then I realized....who is anyone to say that? I realize what the Bible teaches us, but who are we to condemn people to Hell like that?

I would say saddened when people who are representing Chrstianity do things that do not reflect what they should. However, they need praying for as we all do, for all fall short of the glory of God.
Every day we strive to be more like Christ.

It is unfortunate that you and your mother had that experience. It appears to be an example of 'religiosity' where a person tries to follow rules and regulations rather than understanding the teachings of Christ. I think we all have those to a greater or lesser degree. I look for the positive in those types of experiences because God can use all things for His glory. If things like these encourage us to seek His word and look for the truth there and also to pray for these people then we can experience growth. We do not know the emotional or spiritual health of the people that speak as in the example you have given. We can learn to let go and seek the help of the Holy spirit to enable us to do that and also to forgive.
They may sincerely, even though in error, believe that they are following the 'law' just like the pharisees that Jesus encountered.

We cannot change people, only the Holy Spirit can convict them of their error. When faced with these situations we can go to the Word, seek the Truth and pray for wisdom so that we can respond effectively and grow spiritually in the process.

flowerforyou :heart:

Britty's photo
Thu 03/05/09 04:49 PM

Good to see your writing again.

flowerforyou :thumbsup:

Britty's photo
Fri 02/27/09 09:22 AM

welcome MAM.

I hope your day is blessed too.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Fri 02/27/09 09:21 AM

May God bless you.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 02/25/09 12:21 PM

Thank you Tom. How are you and your lovely bride?

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 02/23/09 06:33 PM

Mastered by Christ, you can handle anything: “I am ready for anything and equal to anything through him who infuses inner strength into me. I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency” (Philippians 4:13 AMP).

flowers {{{{hugs}}}}

waving

Britty's photo
Mon 02/23/09 05:55 PM

Welcome here sisnikki.

A lot of good advice here.

A very good thought from bluesummers23, one we can all
do with remembering at various times in our life.

We are certainly blessed when we have family, friends, and
the people that the Lord blesses us with in our lives.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 02/23/09 05:48 PM

That's a lovely poem. I really enjoy her poetry.

flowerforyou

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25