Community > Posts By > Britty

Britty's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:51 PM

"Why are people so desperate to support a picture of an angry jealous male chauvinistic God "

I don't know a God like that.

I wonder why some people are so desperate as to make the God of the bible seem that way.

Britty's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:48 PM
Every single evening

As I'm lying here in bed,

This tiny little Prayer

Keeps running through my head:

God bless all my family

Wherever they may be,

Keep them warm and safe from harm

For they're s o close to me .

And God, there is one more thing

I wish that you could do;

Hope you don't mind me asking,

Please bless my computer, too.

Now I know that it's unusual

To Bless a motherboard,

But listen just a second

While I explain it to you, Lord.

You see, that little me tal box

Holds more than odds and ends;

Inside those small compart me nts

Rest so many of my friends.

I know so much about them

By the kindness that they give,

And this little scrap of me tal

Takes me in to where they live.

By faith is how I know them

Much the sa me as you.

We share in what life brings us

And from that our friendships grew.

Please take an extra minute

From your duties up above,

To bless those in my address book

That's filled with so much love.

Wherever else this prayer may reach

To each and every friend,

Bless each e-mail inbox

And each person who hits 'send'.

When you update your Heavenly list

On your own Great CD-ROM,

Bless everyone who says this prayer

flowerforyou
(recd from a friend)

Britty's photo
Wed 01/28/09 01:12 PM

Nicely put Markum and welcome here.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 01/28/09 09:43 AM

Genesis 1:12 "God gave us all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use".

Do you think it should be ok for people to use marijuana at there own discretion? Or is that a typo in the bible?

No it is not an error. It says use, not abuse.

There is a medical use for the active ingredient in marijuana, That is legal.

No, I do not think it is okay to use the illegal form.

Britty's photo
Wed 01/28/09 04:31 AM

blessings MS.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/27/09 07:03 PM

Perhaps not so much as one does not care, but has the wisdom to accept others as they are, not that that means one has to accept the behavior.

If we believe that God gave free will, to all then it is incumbent on each individual as to what they do with that.

Britty's photo
Tue 01/27/09 06:53 PM

I found this to be interesting, concerning this topic.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15663_10-things-christians-atheists-can-must-agree-on.html

I almost posted it in a GRF, but decided to first try and get fellow Christian's feedback first...

Blessings to allflowerforyou

It was interesting, elucidated well with a touch of humor.

Britty's photo
Mon 01/26/09 02:56 PM

Hi Rapunzel, flowerforyou

glad you enjoy the thread.

drinker

Giacomo - how true.

flowerforyou

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 01/26/09 02:54 PM

Thank you just so much!

I have awful cold sores...they make me look like Quazi Modo...and I can't breath properly, but hopefully I will live!! ohwell sick

I hope you are drinking lots of hot lemon, or some nice peppermint tea.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Sun 01/25/09 07:30 PM

Hi Bocelli,

well this last weekend has been busy, just making all kinds of preparations for an upcoming wedding in february. We did enjoy some lovely sunshine which made a very recent change from the snow we had been having during the first three weekends in January.

I hope you an everyone else who stops by here, had a very pleasant weekend.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 01/21/09 04:05 PM

You are most welcome Bocelli.
Glad to see you back, and I hope you are
feeling much better.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 01/19/09 10:55 PM

Highly Flavoured? Ha ha...that's pretty funny....

But actually, that too is also true. Consider this:

“Salt is good for seasoning. But if it loses its flavor, how do you make it salty again? Flavorless salt is good neither for the soil nor for the manure pile. It is thrown away. Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!”
Luke 14:34-35 KJV

We who are the faithful followers of Christ are to be the salt of the earth. Or you could say, the highly flavored salt of the earth!

Being a Brit, I had a good chuckle over this.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 01/19/09 10:52 PM

Oh, I agree. The Jews insist that the first mention of the Messiah is Genesis 1:2 (Let there be light), so you are right that some believe that. I don't know that I believe that, because John wrote "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning." It would seem to me that if God created Jesus on the first day, that John wouldn't have been accurate.

But I have taken a course on Christology, so I know that Jesus is referenced throughout the Old Testament. But that doesn't take away from the fact that God included messages within the text for his believers to find.

flowerforyou

I took a look at that site, I shall need to look into it further, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

There is always something new to learn every time we look at the scriptures.

:thumbsup: waving

Britty's photo
Mon 01/19/09 04:35 AM

While the ten commandments are an excellent start, that is still part of the old law. Jesus, in affect, replaced that with his two great Commandments of 'Love thy lord your God with all you're heart mind and soul,' and 'Love thy neighbor as thy self'. At least, that's how I see it.

He fulfilled the law, rather than replaced.
Basically as Allen explained.

Good advice from Drago01. Welcome here.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Wed 01/14/09 03:05 AM

You are most welcome Laura.

Dramatic Sunrise
Van Walton
Proverbs 31 ministries

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete..." James 1:2-4 (NLT)

Devotion:

Have you ever risen early in the morning with one purpose -- to watch the sun rise?

One morning I found myself sitting on the dock facing east, looking for the sun to rise up over the lake.

Days later, toward the end of my trip, I wrapped myself in a heavy blanket and curled up in the glider on the front porch of the cabin where I had spent the night.

Soon a bright orange blaze appeared, forcing me to close my eyes because of its brilliance. In a few seconds, with wide-opened eyes, I continued my search for the morning's drama, only to see a half globe sitting on top of the mountains. I kept watching, not wanting to miss the spectacular sight. Then, in another blink of an eye, the sun lifted itself from the peaks, and hung there in the sky - a perfect golden circle.

That was it. It went so quick. The sun had come up, creeping into the day, and now it simply dangled -- a yellow ball in the air, surrounded by blue, looking like a child's simple drawing.

For a few minutes I pondered my disenchantment with this particular sunrise. Is there such a thing as an incomplete, imperfect sunrise? At that moment I believed there was. I had just experienced it. And, I remembered others like it, somewhat lackluster.

Why had the sunrise not impressed me this day? Where was all the drama I had expected? Then I realized there is no drama in a sunrise without clouds.

Clouds - they've been given a bum rap, but all along, these predictors of bad weather, these symbols of negativity, sadness, blues, and gloom really serve to expand light, reflect color, cast dazzling rays, and paint incredible scenes in the sky.

A sunrise without clouds is like a life without trials and hardships. I do all I can to avoid challenges and difficulties, but the fact is the so called "clouds" in my life can cast me in a certain aura of God's splendor. A life free of complications and struggles can resemble a bland sunrise ... little contrast, seemingly dull artistry, and little context in which I can reflect the Son.

Truth is, the people I respect and admire most are those whose lives have been filled with "clouds" but they walk through any weather with God. These people walk in splendor, surrounded with a certain attractive and hard-to-capture beauty. They are people I seek out on a regular basis. I pursue them because I want to bask in their glow and confidence.

I'm never disappointed when I find myself in the company of those who have learned to rise up in the midst of clouds. They don't seek to avoid cloudy days; rather they stand up to walk in dignity, accepting the brilliant contrasts and magical rays God can create despite and through their adversity.

It is in their presence I realize, a life free of clouds holds no attraction. Now I see cloudy days in a positive light. May I never shun them again, for I realize clouds build character, add color, and separate the bland from the brilliant.

flowerforyou :heart:

Britty's photo
Wed 01/14/09 02:58 AM

I am not sure if they really feel it is right, but certainly they justify it in that manner.

I think the fact that they will not kill one another, unless they can justify that, indicates they know it is wrong to kill.

What bearing does that have on your 'moral excursion' as you refer to it?

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 06:28 PM

N.T. Wright

He is indeed a remarkable man, well-learned
and articulate.

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 06:17 PM

Fabulous,

:smile: flowers

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 06:15 PM

oops

I almost forgot..

copy the text you want to 'quote'
Paste the text.

At the beginning of the quoted block type the word: Quote

within [ ]

at the end of the paragraph

type /Quote

within [ ]

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 06:00 PM

If I can find out if the thing is wrong, I'll be more apt to stop it, this finding a way to satisfy urges will be null and void. Second, going ahead and sinning. Just because my Lord died for my sin, doesn't give me a pass to do it everything. Being as good as I can is the only way to start to repay my Lord for his sacrifice

…And finally,it being wrong if it feels wrong to my beliefs. This is, if anything, the core of my dilemma. I don't know if it feels write or wrong, I'm conflicted.

I consider myself a devout Methodist, with the exception of this little moral excursion. However, the general beliefs that abortion is wrong, among Christians is different with me. I think women should have the right to choose and be responsible for that decision, rather than a government imposed choice. The same goes for gay mirage. Jesus told us to be accepting of other people, and I don't think denying people that right is very accepting. .

"Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,….”

i. The spiritual infant is concerned with self rather than service.

ii. The spiritual infant is concerned with argument rather than action.

iii. The spiritual infant looks to people rather than the Master.

It appears you are saying you do not know if it is right or wrong (according to your beliefs). You know you should refer to the Scripture as another poster suggested, but it appears you are trying to justify not being able to do that because of the fact that other Christian denominations may interpret scripture in different ways, so how can you know if it is right or wrong? It appears tha you may be looking to find some ‘wiggle room’.

In fact, I believe this whole challenge with lust and desire I’m having is meant to humble me and show me I don’t have as much control over my sin as I thought or would like to have. And when I say I don’t want to ask for forgiveness…

Yes, I think you are correct here, that is part of spiritual growth.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25