Community > Posts By > Britty

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 04:30 PM

These verses show a change in Peter since the time he denied the Lord three times. Now he is bold and speaking out, in His name.

Peter wants to make up the 12 disciples, as it was revealed in the psalms;69:25; and 109:8

There were 2 qualifications for this disciple. He had to have known Jesus from the time of His baptism by John and also to have been a witness of the resurrection.

2 men were offered as possible candidates and after praying for God's will, lots were cast.
Anoter reference to the mention of casting lots was in Proverbs 16:33

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 12:50 PM

Does everyone have the same morality? No, of course not.

Morality is a code of conduct, morality dictates how one behaves. And although each individual will usually obey their own morality, they will sometimes deviate from it.

The issue of Right and Wrong is different from Morality. Observation of other cultures and people will show us that everyone has a different morality, but their morality reveals that we all have the same perception of what is Right and Wrong.

An example: Terrorists who capture Americans will torture, rape, murder and mutilate their bodies. But they demand that the same not be done to them. Their belief that they should be treated "fairly" clearly shows that they know right from wrong and demand to be treated right. Based on their religion or society pressures, they will treat others wrongly, but they are acutely aware of the right way to behave.

CS Lewis calls this the "Law of Nature", mankind's instinctual understanding of Right from Wrong and desire to be treat Right (even when they don't do the same to others).

It looks like you are doing a lot of C S Lewis reading lately spider.

flowerforyou

Just a bit... blushing

I don't think I could hold C S Lewis in higher esteem. He was a remarkable man with an incredible insight into Christianity and reality.

He sure was.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 12:20 PM

Does everyone have the same morality? No, of course not.

Morality is a code of conduct, morality dictates how one behaves. And although each individual will usually obey their own morality, they will sometimes deviate from it.

The issue of Right and Wrong is different from Morality. Observation of other cultures and people will show us that everyone has a different morality, but their morality reveals that we all have the same perception of what is Right and Wrong.

An example: Terrorists who capture Americans will torture, rape, murder and mutilate their bodies. But they demand that the same not be done to them. Their belief that they should be treated "fairly" clearly shows that they know right from wrong and demand to be treated right. Based on their religion or society pressures, they will treat others wrongly, but they are acutely aware of the right way to behave.

CS Lewis calls this the "Law of Nature", mankind's instinctual understanding of Right from Wrong and desire to be treat Right (even when they don't do the same to others).

It looks like you are doing a lot of C S Lewis reading lately spider.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 12:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUNkRbi5Rc&feature=related

Michael W Smith "Lord, I Give You My Heart"

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 11:59 AM

Better is one day

Fabulous song.

Welcome here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je-wFV4M9MU
"Better is One Day" - chris Tomlin

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 11:55 AM

I like that song Britty.
flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

I am glad Lara.

I hope you enjoyed the video also.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 11:54 AM

Please keep the prayer up for the shoulder and just for her life in general. And of course for her family...They are being tested right now...Let the prayers be answered and let the Lord into this whole family.

Agreeing with you in prayer Debs.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Tue 01/13/09 07:08 AM

wow, lots of things to respond to. firs of, because I'm stupids and can't do the whole quotes thing, I'll try to make sense. Spidercmb, am I understanding correctly, you feel that everyone has the exact same morals? because that's kind of what I was thinking. Because, in my previous example about Gay mirage and abortion sort of disproves that.

Second, yes, when I love a person, I want to be with them, hence the lust, however, I have to love someone before that happens, which leads me to what Britty was saying. Personally, I think lust and desires is a matter of semantics and connotation, but that's just me.

No offence fenem but I thought spider's last response was clear as crystal.

As for your thoughts about lust and desire, I think you have a lot of growing to do spiritually.
I hope you find the kind of love in your life that will teach you some of those lessons. That is not meant to be a put down, but wishing the best for you.

Britty's photo
Mon 01/12/09 07:36 PM

You are a sweetheart, MS.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 01/12/09 07:23 PM

mmm,

I do not see it as Christianity vs anything.

Simply what it is, our belief, faith and trust
in God. Our purpose to grow in His likeness.
Nothing can separate us from the love of God.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 01/12/09 07:17 PM

Jesus said we cannot serve both God and mammon. Mammon isn't money. Mammon is one of the ancient gods of wealth.

I am not saying that we "can" serve money, but money in and of itself has no power. It is only when we come to worship money, as in a god, as in the god of this world, that it gains it's power.

Let them print whatever they will on "their" money. It will still not have any power over those who really trust GOD!

The wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just anyway, relax! (Proverbs 13:22)

Michael

Very well put!

flowerforyou :heart:

Britty's photo
Mon 01/12/09 07:14 PM

I love that one QS. It is such a happy song.

The video is as lovely as the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkKRYbBcUtM

Album: Alison Krauss & Union Station Lyrics
Title: There Is A Reason Lyrics

I've seen hard times and I've been told
There isn't any wonder that I fall
Why do we suffer, crossing off the years
There must be a reason for it all

I've trusted in You, Jesus, to save me from my sin
Heaven is the place I call my home
But I keep on getting caught up in this world I'm living in
And Your voice it sometimes fades before I know

Hurtin' brings my heart to You, crying with my need
Depending on Your love to carry me
The love that shed His blood for all the world to see
This must be the reason for it all

Hurtin' brings my heart to You, a fortress in the storm
When what I wrap my heart around is gone
I give my heart so easily to the ruler of this world
When the one who loves me most will give me all

In all the things that cause me pain You give me eyes to see
I do believe but help my unbelief
I've seen hard times and I've been told
There is a reason for it all

Britty's photo
Mon 01/12/09 04:11 PM

Would you mind developing the topic a little more please, not sure how to respond at the moment.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 01/12/09 04:09 PM

flowerforyou flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 01/12/09 04:08 PM

It's false, Nessa. Check it out:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/dollarcoin.asp

awwww....flowerforyou is it....????huh huh huh

for once..happy i hope i am wrong flowerforyou

i was getting sicker and sicker to my stomach sick ill sick

with the ramifications of that one tears

but if i am wrong now...flowerforyou

it won't surprise me noway

if they try to pull that crap soon on us devil

and now In God we Trust

is only on the rim??? huh huh huh

gee frown frown frown

it is not like people read the rim so easily frown

how much further away noway

from one's normal viewpoint ohwell

and vision can they put it ??? frown

i like even pennies :wink:

cause they all say on the flat side of the penny happy

where it can be easily read...drinker

flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou IN GOD WE TRUST flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

yes,

"how much further away noway
from one's normal viewpoint ohwell
and vision can they put it ??? frown"

But, we have the Holy spirit within us Vanessa and no-one can take that away.

flowerforyou

Britty's photo
Mon 01/12/09 04:01 PM

lust is usually of a self-indulgent and sometimes violent nature.

Desire on the other hand indicates a deep intensive longing and tends to focus on the object of the desire, so is more about the focus (God or another person) of that desire rather than being about self.

religious feeling sees nothing, can do nothing against sin. It will adapt and come to terms with everything, it falls in with everything, devotes itself to nothing.

faith is supernatural, our spirit yielding to the truth revealed by God.

I guess one has to decide to choose religious feeling or faith.

Britty's photo
Mon 01/12/09 03:18 PM

Religion has done nothing but make the world worse as a whole. Look at all these wars, most happen over some religious belief and reason.

What of all the food programs in africa? Are they not doing good?

Relegion itself was never the true reason for war... Wars are fought because someone wants something someone else has... Relegion is simply used to excite the population to support the theft.
If that theft is supported then wouldn't religion be the fault?

Without religion would some other tool be used? Would it be as effective? Could it?

Communism perhaps?

Britty's photo
Sun 01/11/09 11:00 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spjkgMpVDWQ&feature=related

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of God's redeeming love.

Here I raise mine Ebenezer;
Hither by Thy help I’m come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood.

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

Original 4th stanza

O that day when freed from sinning,
I shall see Thy lovely face;
Clothed then in blood washed linen
How I’ll sing Thy sovereign grace;
Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,
Take my ransomed soul away;
Send thine angels now to carry
Me to realms of endless day.

Britty's photo
Sun 01/11/09 10:49 AM
Edited by Britty on Sun 01/11/09 10:50 AM

The Guildhall is Northampton's most prestigious building, and is a splendid example of Victorian Gothic architecture. Built in 1864 by the famous architect Edward Godwin, it is still possible to visit the Great Hall, Council Chambers, the Mayor's Parlour and the old prison cells.

---

I live in the Southcoast area of Massachusetts at the moment, not far from Cape Cod.

Westport which is a neighboring town reminds me very much of the rural English countryside, lots of stone walls, tree lined winding roads, and still open land. I like the style of traditional American homes, most are detached homes, with lovely gardens. They seem to really love their gardens around here. Spring and fall are especially beautiful.

Cape Cod canal is probably the closest to taking a walk along a canal in England. It stretches about 7 miles - this canal is considerably wider than most in England. It is used by walkers, bikers and in-line skaters.

Providence in Rhode Island also has a small waterway in the downtown area. In recent years that has been used in the summertime on saturday evenings to host an event known as Waterfire.

The bonfires are lit once dusk settles and on a summer evening with the music in the background, the sounds of people strolling around, really makes for a pleasant atmosphere. Very relaxing.

Britty's photo
Sat 01/10/09 07:27 PM

Plow - in American language. :wink:

Ploughman - someone who works a "plow" a tool used in farming.

Ploughman's lunch - can vary slightly by region, but basically - big hunks of crusty bread, cheese which may be one or more varieties: sharp and mild - there must be a different cheese for every region in England (boy we love our cheese), pickles: often pickled onions, and salad.

This is a cold lunch which takes minutes to put together. I also like Branston pickle which is a relish that gives a nice 'bite' to the cheese.

drinker

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25