Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 06:54 PM
Do I like who I am?
Pretty much but I am still under construction so when I get closer to the finished product I will decide.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 06:44 PM
My friends are hard to describe because most of them are so different I tend not co-mingle them.

I enjoy whatever it is they bring to friendship with me hobby, life experience, just having fun, confidant, or even mentor.

I tend not to expect one person to fill more than one role. And I don't get real caught up in the job performance. Takes a lot of the stress off being My friend.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 06:30 PM
Yea a few years back; took it off line and was cool then it stalled out when my Dad's care became 24/7.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 05:24 PM
frustrated

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 05:22 PM
I so agree with the post "this just should not be happening here".

What really kills me so many times it is not a self inflicted hardship that puts people in dire straights.

It can be something as simple as driving your car over a pothole/sinkhole and trashing the way they keep your paycheck coming in. Most of us live much closer to paycheck to paycheck than not. And are devastated to know what is called help out there. Believe the "fake news" most believe is not even close to reality.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 05:22 PM
I so agree with the post "this just should not be happening here".

What really kills me so many times it is not a self inflicted hardship that puts people in dire straights.

It can be something as simple as driving your car over a pothole/sinkhole and trashing the way they keep your paycheck coming in. Most of us live much closer to paycheck to paycheck than not. And are devastated to know what is called help out there. Believe the "fake news" most believe is not even close to reality.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 04:56 PM
Sorry dupi post

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 04:54 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Sun 04/30/17 05:01 PM
Sorry the above is kind of off topic and really depressing information for some but hopefully forwarned allows good planning and people who have the political clout to push for solutions.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 04:53 PM
This thread can kind of be a heads up for singles out there depending on a living arrangement that can fall out from under them at the worst possible moment even after years and years.

The demographics I am seeing is the fastest growing homeless population is people in their late fifties to mid sixties. They don't fair well on the streets and are the first to be pushed out of the jail systems. And when the social work system does many to strong arm guilt extended into takeing them a few years later they are abandoned in the ER but doesn't keep them from being turfed back to the curb if they are even remotely lucid. Being ambulatory or able to figure out how to find services doesn't matter in the least.

Buy long term care insurance while you can get it and keep it up. Or get on lists for the minimal number of subsidized housing options and take it whenever they call. Usually when the weather is awful. Get rid of your junk because moving is really expensive. And yes their is minimal funding for inhome care it hardly ever is as much as is needed.

Where we are going in the USA are over crowded under staffed Medicare partial daycare centers then dumping the frail and elderly into board and (so called)cares like so many cords of wood to survive the night with little or no care, sometimes heat, or bathroom access houses in buildings so rotten they should be condemned in areas where ambulances and police don't go alone,

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 03:59 PM
Quirky He carries a rabbits foot for luck.
CRAZY He butchered the family pet to get it.

Quirky He likes to wear his signature hat.
CRAZY He wears it to shower and to bed.

Quirky He sends his Mom red roses.
CRAZY It happens on Valentine's.

Quirky He is he likes the crust cut off his sandwiches.
CRAZY He throws a tantrum if he doesn't get it.

Quirky He wants to prepay a carved heart headstone.
CRAZY HE wants a suicide pact so he gets a discount on a double funeral.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 02:48 PM
I am calling balogne too.

The folks who come in here could care less if you are GQ or Glamour ready looks. They are more likely to skip them as just one more scammer.

But yes if they have to bite the bullet and put up their pictures they expect you to invest equally.

That means actually writeing an actual profile.

People don't come to Mingleland because it is free it is because this is NOT a swipe right
/swipe left environment. You get a chance to interact in and here the members values and personalities.

Your profiles are not suppose to be a commercial mug shot but a mini get acquainted story about who you are to attract the mate you want. Not impress your friends or stroke your fantasy persona.

Most of the people who find matches here find real people, who date and live on a budget, many have kids and even other responsibilities, work, and are not anything fancy.

PacificStar48's photo
Sun 04/30/17 01:43 AM
What you are basiclly talking about is and informal family group.

If the relationship developed while this family group was intact I have to wonder if it will really suffer if it stays intact or suffer more by what ever absence might be felt if it fell apart.

Long lived relationships like that usually serve some purpose for all involved.

A lot depends on if the new relationship is valued higher than the existing one.

If the older relationship was just one of financial or safety that the new mate can easily replace the ageing tenant's loss of income to their personal expenses starts to be less of an enticement especially when their care demands will most likely radically increase. And placeing them anywhere else; especially with limited means, could be wait listed years resulting in an invasive number of caregivers if they can even be afforded in the interum.

Since life altering senior caregiving needs can last a decade or more sadly more and more sandwich generation caregivers are opting out before or while they still can.

Or if the old relationship offers some sense of comfort or security that the new partner is not going to be able to provide such as shelter, property, mitary or union benefits or some other financial/social windfall hthen it won't more than likely be abandoned.
I have seen informal family relationships held together over new ones because of personal secrets or stipulations of an inheritance.

Should the indigent person be able to have some kind of special treatment because of poverty and vulnerability? Depends how much the relationship inpairs on everyone well being. I kept a friend plus my Dad in in my home for you years with no pay and it ended one relationship and inspired another.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/29/17 10:40 PM
When you write a profile I will rate it. The lead shot is poorly lit so not very useful.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/29/17 10:34 PM
The profile seems to capture you.

Not sure you are going to find many here that are going to buy what you are selling.

There is suppose to be a lid for every pot. Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/29/17 09:27 PM
Good thing the definition of "first move" is flexible.

Not everyone goes for the grand entrance, the big play, or the huge impression.

Not everyone likes the flashy dancer, the big kahuna, or the showy spender.

Some of us notice the consider manners, the modest consistent greeting, and the quiet confidence that just doing the right thing will be their focus if it gets them brownie points or not.

It doesn't require a huge response either. A discreet nod, a soft but rare thank you, and well placed note in the conversation. It is amount consistently showing up. Being accessible but not smothering the other

The feeling that when you are wanted you will be there.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/29/17 07:58 PM

I usually try to pick a location where both are available. Somewhere food is available too in case things go well and you both want to extend the meet up.

Options are always good.

I am not likely to go in for a marathon first date but it is nice if you have the idea that something might go well it is nice for a person to clear their calendar for a follow up date.

Since Mingleland tends to create commuter relationships it seems wise.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/29/17 07:08 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Sat 04/29/17 07:09 PM
slaphead guys and babes?frustrated

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/29/17 05:39 PM
Sure it depends on your location and the situation of the child being adopted; but adoption is rarely what people expect.

It can be extremely difficult and very VERY expensive by the time you pay for all the legal fees, home study evaluation, medical evaluations of all parties involved. And you may or may not get accurate information about the child you are adopting. Infortuately many serious health issues can be hidden or don't show up until you are overwhemed with catestropheic

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/29/17 05:05 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Sat 04/29/17 05:10 PM
The difference is the real friends you make either place hang around for years and the "others" are just noise in the background.
Oh you mean the diff from "Mingle" friends and "Real" friends ?
Very little. The percentages of ones you want and turn out you don't want are about the same.

If you can get around the distance that seems to be a bigger issue in Mingleland but California is a big draw for eligible gentleman a d friends who want to vacation.

PacificStar48's photo
Sat 04/29/17 04:26 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Sat 04/29/17 04:39 PM
Generally I would prefer neither.

Only time I want coffee is after a nice brunch. Not in in some carbon copy over priced calorific super caffeinated swill that would give me heartburn for the rest of the day.

I am not a tea teatotaller but first date even someone I know I don't want the filter of alcohol.

But at least if alcohol is served I can usually find a choice spot in the places I agree to go for a "meet and greet" and you don't have to deal with screaming parents and out of control kids or panhandlers. For that I will gladly pay for an over priced Virgin drink to get in and get settled. The company turns out to be good I can stick around for dinner and a dance.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25