Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 07:27 PM
Would add that just because something is trending or seems progressive or is what powerful or famous people even what seem like better places to live doesn't make it right for you in your world.

I can tell you that the pretty party life where anything goes catches up even to the rich and famous; maybe not as fast but when you get a reputation for being a train wreck it doesn't matter if your rich or poor

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 07:02 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Fri 04/21/17 07:13 PM
Sorry double post

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 07:02 PM
I don't know anyone who gets issued a crystal ball that tells them how things are going to go.

You just have to pay attention to what is going on around you, have some standards and use common sense.

Somewhere along the line that something will get past you is just a fact of life.

You can be embarrassed or even feel a little shame about it and move on, learn from experience, but living in fear or even regret is not much of a way to live.

My general way of deciding if someone or something is something to accept I put myself in the mindset of is"with what I know about this deciSion would I want my BFF, or kid, or parent to do this (or see me do this) and if the answer is no I wait until I know more.

There are very few good situations that can't or won't wait for you to feel comfortable to do something.

This is particularly true in dating situations. EVERYTHING from casual chit chat on or off line to the really heavy duty things like being in a situation that makes you really vunerable such as a remote private date or even sex.

People worth bringing into your life earn the right to be there just like you should by being honest and not doing something because of dumb reasons.

Just because someone wants to get a financial break, be seen, popular, is begging for sex, or wants to be a couple,look grown up, or even get married because their friends are, or parents want them to is a bad reason to get the cart before the horse.

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 05:29 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Fri 04/21/17 05:33 PM

There's a certain someone on here (whom would HATE the attention) that got the nerve, and took the risk.
{*******
If they "would hate the attention" you kind of answer your question right out of the box. Keep your declarations discreet; and direct, and private.
*******}
Can you lay it out? Admit? Ask the question? How brave are you?

{***** If you are talking about some kind of personal declaration of affection in public? OMG no way! If I had the misfortune of being born a man and the human race depended on me to make the first move the world is doomed. Lol ******}

Not talking about when you are in your flow, "on your game".

{***** ROFLMBO. Don't think women are Ever "on (their) game" whenever they are in (their) flow"*****}

When you are tired and vulnerable,
Do you still bite the bullet?

{****Nope, nada, uh; no. I might shoot from the hip here but in my personal life I get my duckies in a row before I do about anything.

I have had enough having to eat my heart when I was younger and it doesn't taste that good.

Do you put yourself out there?

{*****Considering how long I have stayed single, who would believe it if I said "yes?"****** Mingle pals would call me on that for sure.}

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 04:28 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Fri 04/21/17 04:30 PM
Anyone had any experience or tips about reworking an old aluminum garden shed?
I am trying to decide whether to just do a little interior propping or take it apart.

I thought if I did I could quick_crete a concrete paver floor,build a 4x4post and 2x4 canopy frame with roof beams and add the aluminum back on.

I have a power drill but not sure how easy getting some of the screws out might be?

I have the lumber but I don't know if some kind of metal slip together braces are even available without buying a whole kit?

Tips, advice, is this too much for one person project? .

PacificStar48's photo
Fri 04/21/17 04:04 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Fri 04/21/17 04:05 PM
Sorry odted it eronh

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 08:42 PM
I always believed in the relationship to give it every shot at resolving whatever but once I hit the wall and walk out it is a one way door and I am so over whatever once existed there is no big comfort to even fantasize about a reunification.-

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 08:26 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Thu 04/20/17 08:29 PM
If I am dating someone and "calhttps://mingle2.com/inbox/conversation/Wesley909 l it off" it is because of three reasons.
1 They have done something really obnoxious and I don't even want to be around them.
Or
2 They are way more into me than I know I am ever going to be in them and I don't jerk people around so I tell them privately but directly and then cut it off completely. People tend to believe what they want and it is cruel to to pretend that they are a friend and might have a chance.
3 I get they like me but it is just always going to be friends really more than dates leading to anything more. I have enough people to hang out as non dating friends and don't need to waste my feelings or be frusrated. When you keep beating your brains out for nothing is when things build up to being ugly and I don't need that in my life.

Dating isn't a success only process but I don't repeat my failures.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 04:28 PM

I love single mothers for there maturity and compassionate love. I think most of them just need someone to lean on

"Lean on" kind of devalues what you just suggested is their strengths. How about work together as equals?
Then the mindset is not unfairly burdening one over the other. DOESN'T mean we don't honor what strengths either side brings to the relationships.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 04:16 PM

I hope to make a difference in underserved communities, by challenging the status quo of repetitive impoverishment and introducing some of the opportunities and financial networks/knowledge that help build wealth and acquire true freedom,,,

emphasis on hope because it will not be something I can do alone,,,

Breaking the chains of poverty With financial knowledge is a good thing but I think there are many ways to build wealth and freedom that has nothing to do with .financial matters.

That doesn't mean that a great legacy would stand behind anyone who helped more people learn how to manage the wealth they have. Kind of sad some of our poorest people still have more than those in other places and do less with it.
.e

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 04:03 PM

I am only a small player on the world stage, so all I hope for, is an occasional moment where I make a difference for someone else, in a positive way. I figure from there, it's like dominoes falling.

I think much of what we do has the domino effect.

And I think you are a much larger positive contributor than you might think.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 03:56 PM

A legacy is left not because you love, but because you are loved by others.

I honestly think that if you raise your kids to be honest, caring human beings, they don't have to be your kids even, but if you show nephews and nieces what it is to be decent then they will in turn do the same, and so on and so on, and therefore the ripples of your legacy with be felt for generations to come.

Agree parenting and family bonds are definitely not just biology. And those who step up rarely are appreciated enough or know their own great legacy in those efforts large or small.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 03:19 PM
Having a flood of scammers using the Firestone Park California as their location. This is getting old.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 02:11 PM
Yea Ms R I agree. Some time I think our pain over rides even our best interests. AND at some points those we who should make themselves heard can't or won't be. I don't know the solution; clearly not having relationships will work for long but sometimes I think taking that break after a bad one is the only way to reset and have a chance to be happy again.

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 11:25 AM
While it might be the musing thoughts of an old lady I am wondering what some of the Mingleland throngs plan or even hope to leave as their legacy to the world?

Of course there is the usual spouse, kids, and household but will their be anything lasting beyond another generation?

PacificStar48's photo
Thu 04/20/17 11:16 AM

All Milton needed was one match to make things interesting happy

I get this is a caricature photo but this kind of snide stuff is exactly why so many end up old princesses'/prince's still single dissing and hissing one line while the Wilton's of the world end up happily married homeowners with families and the life that good karma brings.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 11:23 PM
Foul.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 11:20 PM
Ditch the second sentence in the last paragraph and it is a pretty good effort. Never waste profile real estate on history or what you don't want. B

The pictures are ok. If the lead had a little better lighting it is much more flattering than the second or last.

Get one good full length photo and try photos that relate something about yourself to jump start a conversation. Try not to pose or do cheezy selfies. The thumbs up smiling is upbeat which is good but hat indoors not so much.

Welcome back.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 09:58 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Wed 04/19/17 10:24 PM
The fragrant trees lilt a heavy perfume on evening air. Orange and mandarin and dogwood.

The Prom pink long stem roses like nubile debutante' on elderly boughs plucked in white gloved hands for dried arrangements almost 40 years.

Some open and fragile set in mason jars with spring load caps on wide stepped porches.

The deep purple Wandering Jew by the iron glider lightly floating on the moonlight breeze.

Peppery geraniums, red, white, and pink stave off pesky mosquitos.

The abundent mint just waiting to garnish sweet tea and Mellons for summer brunches.

Baby peaches peeking through glossy leaves for liberty parties and vanilla icecream to freeze the roof of your mouth.

Seasons come and go and the gallent officer beu long lost seems to guard with the Angels that honor also long gone parents and pets.

It is peaceful and serene but not genteel in the labor it took years to build. Or keep in elegant repair.

And she will whisper to suitors behind the Olenander shrubs. Over tea or julips or good whiskey neat.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 04/19/17 09:07 PM
I would have stayed in college. I think it would have radically changed my life then and many times since.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25