Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/25/17 09:46 PM

I am very heartened by seeing so many people say something other than "I get to have good sex fifteen times before I ditch them for the next one" or some such.

To me, the only measure of success in anything I would call a romantic relationship (to differentiate between what we are after here, from work and politics), is that it continues.

Given my own experiences, the one most important thing (which has so far been lacking) is that both people are in the relationship to be in the relationship with each other, rather than to accomplish some personal goal, or fulfill some one-sided set of desires.

That's a long way of referring to what some might call "commitment," but which I have seen that it has to be a very specific KIND of commitment.

¥^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/25/17 09:39 PM
Depends on the person, the relationship, and how long the distance lasts.

I was a military wife and were times my soon to be mate and later mate just vanished without even being able to call and say he had been called up. But when you love and trust someone and they are all you want you will wait weeks, months, years to be together again.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/25/17 09:06 PM
Oh ghez somebody google the term and post it. Ooh an dearheart refill my Dr.Pepper while you are at it. Kiss. Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/25/17 08:58 PM

If you are not available to date, on a date site?

Because life happens and sometimes when it gets difficult dating may a rather low priority or stop all together.

But does not mean you are not interested in the subject.

Or don't want to be completely absent from the dateing scene. It is amazing what you can learn watching.
I have seen some local players have one persona on this site like a little lonesome choir boy; and three other personas on three other sites.

When you get to a point where you are not a kid you move very carefully and and learn what the game is really about.

ND not everone here is here for just anyone that wants to "have" a chat or get a date so they can brag on another site.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/25/17 08:30 PM

My boyfriend can't get his **** together and man need for us start life be i give jim chance after chance to grow up be man be gets worst i don't I'm welling stau relationship what shall i do

Start acting like an adult.

Calm down and communicate like an adult.

Then get advice how to manage your life with professional advice rather than whining on a dating site.

Talk to the person involved and or professionals how you are badly managing your side of a relationship where only one side of a story is known.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/25/17 07:26 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Tue 04/25/17 07:40 PM

There are following tips to impress a girl. 1 choose interesting topic to chat. 2. Be confident. 3. Let her talk about herself. 4. Be patient ,be unique,be honest. 5.have good sense of humour . If agrees comment yes thanks

I would say a conditional yes.

Confidence is nice if not overt; smiling and serene confidence that doesn't get ahead of itself.

Allowing someone to talk about themself but it is intimidating or invasive if you demand it. Important to listen and then share something similar of yourself.

Four is good but I kind off part company with the whole unique concept. I think many mess up trying to be unique and it comes off as fake or strange than interesting. Most people really rather feel special because their partner lets them blend in rather than be the flavor of the monent that fades.

You are on top of it with a GOOD sense of humor. Of course, that is pretty subjective to the persons taste. There are a lot of divorced comedians and a sure way to tank a relationship is to use the wrong humor too soon or in the wrong place.

The most important tip I would add is just be yourself. I would say it is better to have someone pass on you than make big slices of your life miserable trying to be what you are not.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/25/17 04:39 PM
Posting "Ladies only" generally lowers your chances of ladies responding or viewing your profile so you may want to just ignore the other welcomes.

This is true when you or participate in threads or when hopefully you post because then you will have many more views.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 04/25/17 02:43 PM

No matter how much i try to genuinely praise the person who i feel deserves the praise whom i genuinely like with words that are appropriate for that person. somehow unfortunately they say that it is either copied pasted and while others say we are not interested in your race as my race has ulterior motives , how ignoramous such people can be i wonder. Hearing such words in the 21st century dissapoints me on the fact that these people are always suspicious and that the same time are racists. why do they do that? probably because of lack of education or less travelling, i wonder :-/

This is probably more a person up against a few slang and cultural issues rather than Always racism but I do not discount that racism might be part of the accept or reject decision or it might just be what is a poor quality photo.

But yea I get all variety of weird messages over the course of years being a Mingle member frequently posting.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 09:45 PM
Well I will pray for peace for all souls no matter how unrealistic it might seem.

I really don't believe it is necessary to have war to make lions to lay down with lambs.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 09:31 PM
In the late 70's used to debrief celebs before they would do publicity shots with severly injured veterans.
HER signed photos as America's Little Sister were favorites.

Several of the Happy Days crew came through and they all seemed so nice and such team players I can only think they are taking this real hard.

Sympathy to her TV " family" and her private family that I am pretty sure are also heartbroken by the cruelty of the gossip rags.

Rest with the Angels Erin.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 07:33 PM
Have no fear they get knocked off and then they get some more stolen phone numbers to open profiles with and come back.

Some times they can be fun trying figure out what phrase they "read" to respond to .Always wonder how much they paid some programmer to write the program. Kind of scary scifi stuff.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 07:17 PM
Since persuading me to do anything is close to impossible probably the pursuit idea.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 07:08 PM
Was the Kaw name my Grandfather gave me in English.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 07:00 PM
I have had some scary ones. Usually from watching something creepy on TV.

What freaks me out is when I dream something before it happens.

My kids hated it. I would catch them doing something . Lol Might just been that old curse "I hope you have two just ornery as you."

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 03:59 PM
Maybe one in a thousand read profiles. Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 01:59 PM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Mon 04/24/17 02:10 PM
I had a pretty good heart to heart with a few single parents last week.

All really nice parents but kind of frustrated because although the group was mixed ages and so were the kids the time in their lives these parents decided to parent were more or less different quarters.
The First quarter parents started under twenty and had different needs than say the parents that started 20 to 40 or 40 to 60. The last quarter parents actually a couple by choice but many by family necessity and even that was a little different.

It got me to thinking back when Parents Without Partners was a thriving organization with chapters that met in all kinds of places. I don't know if the internet pretty much knocked them out or thety are still are around but their groups often naturally sub_divided for some events then comingled for others. It might be something to consider. One thing that did not help that much was trying the Mom's only or Dad's only because well it was not facilitating the cross gender cooperation.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 01:58 PM
I had a pretty good heart to heart with a few single parents last week. All nice parents but kind of frustrated because although the group was mixed ages and so were the kids the time in their lives these parents decided to parent were more or less different quarters.
The First quarter parents started under twenty and had different needs than say the parents that started 20 to 40 or 40 to 60. The last quarter parents actually a couple by choice but many by necessuty

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 01:23 PM
I was hoping that someone would jump into this thread and share some experience or at least ask some questions.

Maybe I was lucky that both my kids and many of my foster kids came with the "blessing" of a variety of conditions and illnesses that made being a single parent at times seemingly "Mission Impossible ". Lol key up music to any who get the reference.

I will add some of my trade secrets.

One is Super Hero's work in teams.

If you have to pass out note cards at the parent teacher night network with other parents. One parent might have one talent,asset,or time schedule that doesn't exactly mesh with yours but is perfect when you need a trusted adult to cover the kiddies. You have to give to get but I really did NOT care that my buddy who was a night shift television sound mixer parent extrordinar came over in his Sponge Bob pajamas with his two when mine caught the measles a few days after his. He was thrilled when I passed on dress up clothes and made tutu's for his little girls.

Magician's always have a bag of tricks.

When dealing with sick kids it doesn't hurt to keep some essential survival tools on hand. While I am not talking about a bottle for the parents it doesn't hurt to have a few bottles of clear soda, a few throw away barf pads, and and maybe even some tv dinners ect. stashed for your next siege of the yucks.

Enable a P.O.A. not a P.O.W.

I don't recommend giving just anyone a limited Power of Attorney on your kids but if you want not to be locked down in maximum security you do need to line up someone that can get immediate help if you are "out" and sniffles go to something more. Caregivers get "stuff" happens but that circle is pretty small and if you burn one because their hands are tied behind their back the rest will disappear in the mist. This is particularly true if you don't authorize prepay transportation to a clinic for a teen or older care giver that might not be able to carry a child. Not everything requires an ambulance but you want no questions in anybodies mind who and where or if your child needs transported.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 11:25 AM
Giving out private email is pretty much the same story as giving out phone number that I won't repeat here.

If someone gets your private email they can get a lot of information you don't even realize is out there about you. Just for the personal education look up your email and or phone number because it is a real wake up call.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 04/24/17 11:13 AM

Ghez people PLEASE wise up about giving out phone numbers!!!

This is an Excellent way to get yourself robbed, hurt, or worse.

Just had another gentleman friend who came home to pick up something between business appointments to find his home gone through top to bottom (trashed).
The police department is telling him that this probably part of a string of home invasion Computer dater victims LATE 40s to early 60's.

People times are Not Mayberry RFD anymore. Criminals have computers and line up victims like shopping maps and often go out with Armed third strikers who are not going to hesitate to bash you in the head if you happen to come in on them.

My friend has extensive damage to his nice home and now his neighbors are furious. Not to mention he is scared his homeowners insurance is going to take a big jump or they will come back. His current significant other is freaked out.

Just think of phone numbers as a pass key to your whole personal history that thugs can access for 98¢ without you being notified because it is. DON'T Believe look your own phone number up.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25