Community > Posts By > PacificStar48

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 05/10/17 12:44 PM
Spending the decades plus that is often required to caregiver for family can be very oppressive.

AS a caregiver/guardian you can get Master Degree Social Work assistance through your parents insurance carrier or County Mental Health. And no you and your parents don't have to be crazy. Start by calling the 800 #.

All larger communities have what are called Center for Independent Living that can give you a host of resources.

Smaller even rural communities can ask their United States Postal Service letter carrier for a starting resource list.

What many don't know is that there are alternatives, at least in the USA under medicare or medicare long term care. It can and does help to use adult daycare centers or even skilled care homes. Many weekend at home without being discharged. And Mass transit can take them curb to curb.

One person can not possibly be what a team needs to be doing. Unfortunately families often abandon the entire responsibility to one live in family member. That is when Hospice programs can help. Many even offer even short term breaks for sole caregivers.

It also may be possible to use a reverse mortgage or part of life insurance benifits for part time in home care.

If YOUR parents means are extremely limited and or they are medically fragile there are numerous discount programs that can free funds for supplemental caregivers. ESPECIALLY if either were veterans including what some elderly do mistakenly think is not veteran service as National Guard. Also poor elderly qualify for food stamps, WIC, and food bank help.

Occasionally you can by going through your local high school, community college, or university post part-time employment and initially interview on campus. Your states minimum wage would be required.

ALSO your city or county Parks and Recreation have Senior Centers where often caregivers socialize with or while parents participate. I hugely enjoyed my weekly caregiver lunch group.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 05/10/17 11:39 AM
If you do not like the behavior of a family member's child then stop or at least limit allowing yourself to be available to babysit and or hangout.

My GUESS is you have the typical mouthy niece showing off for her young adult uncle and you need to ignore obnoxious behavior and compliment appropriate behavior.

Preteens need exercise, study time, and at least 8-10 hours undisturbed sleep at home so if you are not supporting that then you are fueling the behavior you dislike.

If you suspect the child is being neglected or abused then then out of the presence of the child have an adult to adult conversation with the parent or senior family members and take action to prevent it.

If they are the perpetrators then call your local Child Protective Services and let professionals sort it out.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 05/10/17 11:10 AM
I would go somewhere to visit to forward a relationship but only if I had a serious plan for seperate housing and funds to get home if I were to decide it was a bust.

Going to another country highly unlikely and definitely not where there would be a communication or political barriers.

Living in a country with so many people and as diverse as the cultures are in the USA is I really not motivated to go further.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 05/10/17 10:39 AM

A road trip with someone you are dating gets be very expensive with the paying for 2 separate rooms every night :angel:

True but there are hostels and cabins or campgrounds. I dated a minister almost two years and a couple times we went places and actually stayed in churches. Attended the event and drove back.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 05/10/17 10:28 AM

Do you think a "Road Trip" with a person you have dated awhile makes or breaks relationships?

You don't necessarily have to be dating even. This could actually break friendships.

This is very true also.

And I have gone on a couple of road trips to conventions with "co-workers" from different agency's that actually went both ways.

PacificStar48's photo
Wed 05/10/17 10:00 AM

Do you think a "Road Trip" with a person you have dated awhile makes or breaks relationships?

Just a quarry to your question, but we talking about a one day trip or a week longer or more?

I was trying to leave it open because over the years done varying lengths.

I have even done bike hikes when I was younger and stronger.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 05/09/17 09:28 PM

I can't say I would grade it in those terms... but there is nothing like getting to know someone else's habits and nature than being with them 24/7 for a week or more/so..

Lol I think my wiota would usually be three days but I did do a 45 day cross country with late hubby and that was a blast.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 05/09/17 09:23 PM
For me it was faking it until I made it. Some of the worst pains I might have to force myself, sometimes for years but I just coasted until I could pull it together. I am not a fan of the out of the skillet into the fire concept because I have seen too many repeat the same misery.

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 05/09/17 09:10 PM

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 05/09/17 09:05 PM
I have found the people I date, when it gets past the casual stage, actually read what I post and we talk about it. Sometimes it "out" some conflicts but it has also developed some relationships for the positive.

Another thread alluded to how some topics are redundant but if what you say over the years is consistent then
that has worked in my favor.

I do think it can hang some folks that come on Mingle still worked up from a break up. T

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 05/09/17 11:15 AM
Edited by PacificStar48 on Tue 05/09/17 11:16 AM
Sorry double post. T

PacificStar48's photo
Tue 05/09/17 11:15 AM
When you re-read an old thread; see a member who's post's you miss has deactivated, and you want to cry like you lost a real world friend.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 05/08/17 09:14 PM
By the time my late husband came into my life I was pretty well convinced love was a crock.

While the love we shared did not overcome many things it sure made it a lot easier to endure and engaged hope that it was possible to believe life was tolerable even enjoyable.

Sucked that he died but I am grateful for the knowledge and refuse to dishonor the gift by refusing to believe what he saw in us went to the grave with him..

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 05/08/17 07:17 PM
Looking for...
Someone with traditional values, basic good manners, steadfast faith, financially responsible, and modest.

Distance is pretty much dependent on his ability to travel and relocate because I have done my share of that. And I am not getting serious about anyone I can't easily spend time with.

Age 58-68.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 05/08/17 06:53 PM
Oh brother.
Sometimes it is sooooooh obvious why some people end up divorced.

Granted there are times where bodily functions are part of real life but it does not mean you purposely treat your partner like you have little or no respect for their sensibilities by being vulgar when you don't have to.

People who just "let it rip" are just selfish. Or juvenile/senile. Or cognitively lacking in body awareness.

Or your upbringing was terrible.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 05/08/17 05:04 PM
The void profiles tend to be an alert that it is a scammer. Especially if they don't seem to have a clue what is there.

Lol If profiles are any indication of how many "Native American's" exist then there must be a new "Nation".

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 05/08/17 04:40 PM

i haven't seen the " i'm a nice guy, but nobody wants me "
thread in quite a while now....*knock on wood*

Just wait dear I will make brownies.
Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 05/08/17 04:30 PM
If you ever see someone having to be chronically ill from an STD or dying of HIV/Aids because someone in their chain of sexual contacts got reckless the humor kind of drains out of this subject.

With 1 in 30 Boomer's HepC infected which often only becomes known when vital organs like liver's failing an racking up huge medical debt that wipes out a lifetime of personal wealth before they even hit the end of life care that falls on the backs of the younger generation taxpayers seems selfish.

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 05/08/17 04:00 PM

Are you ready to test your courage doing bungee jumping or skydiving?

Nooooooo. Have enough risk in my life without thumbing my nose at Mother Nature.

Somehow shaking/bouncing my brain and spine with the force those two activities require sounds like lunacy to me at my age/condition.

When I was younger I repelled but now a $6,000 fall in my garden couple years back I don't do ladders. Lol

PacificStar48's photo
Mon 05/08/17 03:37 PM
Photo is engaging and then the profile wilts for lack of text.

Lot of good looking men on line or people that have pictures they can put up but that alone will not impress many

For that the profile fails.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25