Community > Posts By > noblenan

noblenan's photo
Wed 10/07/09 07:47 PM
Laila Happyquester enters The Green Dragon's Inn from a room off the end of the bar. All eyes,lest two, turn to her as she surveys the room. When she sees what she is looking for, she ambers over to the curious stranger sitting at a secluded table. She places a bottle on the table that has appeared from nowhere.
She offers with no words a concoction of arrow root and herbs. Only she knows it's potency. Or, is she the only one...

noblenan's photo
Sat 08/29/09 03:50 PM

What is bankrupting the system is that the majority of Americans could not pass a basic first aid course and or health class before or since they have graduated high school. If they have a chronic illness there is little or no patient education.

What is bankrupting the system is that many of the diagnotics tests and medications that are available over the counter in other countries for free are not available here.

What is bankrupting the system is patients do not own their medical records and many tests are repeated unneccisarily or not available for comparison. We have the technology that we could provide everyone a records "smart card".

What is bankrupting the system is that seeing a doctor is so difficult and so expensive for basic maintenace and preventive care that millions of minor problems go untreated and escalate to catesrophic care needs.

What is bankrupting the system is the number of people who are NOT covered or not covered ENOUGH when serious medical care is needed and they must provide it.

What is also bankrutping the system is the number of procedures that are required to prevent malpractice from tests, to paper work, to micro-management.

What is bankrupting the system is the ridiculouse out of date training and staffing rules that exhaust doctors and nurseing staff and force them into trying to cover up incompetents and just plain mistakes and accidents, and no win outcomes.

What is bankrupting the system is the turfing of prisoners, mental health patients, and dependent and abused seniors into ER's and beds because those care systems are broken and families can not provide the needed level of care with little or no support.

What is bankrupting the system is the antiquated medication and record keeping in many of the facilities in this country that allow for extensive mistakes, waste, incompetency, and terrible service statistics, and tax write offs. If it were any other industry it would be swamped with litigation.

The Insurance industry has made it so the "litigation" of legitimate claims that would get rid of grossly incompetent staff, procedures, and waiting times and layers of beauracy that cost millions in not only dollars but lives.

What is bankrupting the System is believeing that a state medical care system will prevent those who want private care and are willing to pay for it can't get it. People who have money go around their insurer's all the time but people who don't have money are lucky to get any care if they go outside of their insurer.

What is bankrupting the system is the number of costs that keep being pushed off on paying patients because some Doctors and facilities try to be fair and save uninsured lives.

What is bankrupting the system is the first payor requirement that creates a mountain of paper work with in the state systems even when patients clearly can not pay. The whole collection procedure is terribly expensive. Medical bankruptcies are the leading cause of a really wasteful procedure for our court systems. The people getting the care get nothing out of it.

What is bankrupting the system is the number of addicts that get little or no effective treatment until their bodies are ravaged requireing millions in sophisticated care. Not to mention the other costs to the economy.

What is bankrupting the system is many of the jobs that are being created by this broken system are out sourced to foreign employment that tax payers are having to pay for and see no returned income.

Thank you! flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 08/25/09 03:56 PM
Still didn't get breastesies, grumble grumble but it's a cute concept! I wish I were a writer!!
The book gave me the same warm fuzzy as the YouTube video that the music man made at Christmas. The "We don't all know each other, but we're all in the same boat, so we're family." sort of fuzzy.
Good job, Smiless! drinker flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 08/21/09 11:08 AM

How about I just draw all of you nakedlaugh drinker

Just joking, yet I am wondering why I can't get 25 people together for this project, but can get over 50 for the fantasy magazine!

I would think romance would be a top winner on a dating site!laugh drinker

laugh Naked? noway You want people to look at the book, don't ya?
But, for me, cleavage IS a fantasy! love

Where are all the men volunteers? An elf or warlord can be romantic!!

glasses

noblenan's photo
Thu 08/20/09 04:54 PM

Thanks noblenan and I will try to make you with more cleavagelaugh drinker

Your a peach! :thumbsup:

drinker

noblenan's photo
Wed 08/19/09 08:47 PM

What is required to be in this magazine?

I'm in, if you'll have me! It's fun seeing yourself in a different light. If you draw me again, can I be sexier this time? laugh Cleavage, I need cleavage! laugh laugh laugh

If you want to have a whole page to yourself in the Big Red Book of Romance then follow the guidelines to make it happen.

1. Have a photo available on your photo display here on Mingle2 so I can draw you and put you into the magazine.

2. Answer the following questions in the thread to add to your personal page below your illustration that I have drawn of you in the magazine issue.

A. What is considered for you a romantic date?

Being taken somewhere where people will know I am someone special to my date and he only has eyes for me.

B. What does love mean to you?

That someone cares more about my needs than they do their own, and vice versa.

C. How far would you travel to meet your first date?

Traveled 1100 miles, but I'll be more sure next time.

D. What attracts you the most when dating someone you like?

Their sense of humor.

3. Add me as a friend so I can find you quickly when a magazine issue is available for you to download.

4. If you have a poem, short story, relationship advice, romantic game review, romance author review, or anything pertaining to dating or romance to offer for this magazine/book then don't hesitate to get it recognized with your name on it.

Additional questions you may have:

What kind of magazine is this?

It is a lighthearted Romance Magazine/Book dedicated to the Mingle2 community and to romantic readers. It is free and will be downloadable on www.lulu.com once completed.

How long will it take to make this book to make?

The last book/magazine was completed in about 2 months time. I am hoping it will not take any longer to make this issue.

When will I see my first illustration of myself created into a fantasy creature?

It doesn't take long to make a illustration at all. Give it a week tops.

Cheers and thanks for reading all that! lol

your friendly bard,

smilesshappy drinker

noblenan's photo
Wed 08/19/09 08:10 PM

if you react to a problem on an emotional basis and say "oh my god. we must do something" then you are a liberal

as soon as you start thinking about it and try to craft a logical answer to the problem you turn into a conservative

I haven't figured out where the "logical" comes in. Euthanizing grandma? Rationing medical treatment? Where does that come from?

glasses

noblenan's photo
Sun 08/16/09 04:08 PM

"You know what.. maybe this isn't going to help. maybe you're better off not having the surgery but taking the pain killer"

Obama, in his own words, telling us how "costs" will be cut.

Expensive surgery? no problem, here's a vicodin

Hips degenerated? no problem, here's a vicodin

osteoporosis got you down? here's a vicodin

got gout? no problem, here's a vicodin..

arthritis? yeah, we know cortizone is better but that's expensive! no problem, here's a vicodin.

Lung cancer? Expensive chemotherapy and radiation will prolong your life for a few months while eroding your families resources, and making the end of your life miserable. Don't want to do that? No problem, here's morphine...

Discussing options rationally is not a bad thing. Nobodies trying to kill anybody off!

noblenan's photo
Tue 08/11/09 07:37 PM
Edited by noblenan on Tue 08/11/09 07:43 PM
I read that this time next week should be the best. I would love to drive up to the Oklahoma Panhandle and watch. Absolutely no light obstructions there. flowerforyou

glasses

Oops, next week is this week! Wow, have I lost track of time!!! embarassed

noblenan's photo
Tue 08/11/09 04:02 PM

Too cool! flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 08/11/09 10:55 AM

Electricity fall out from 3 A.M. until 11 A.M. here in Miami! Talking about feeling hot and uncomfortable. I soaked in a cold bathtub for 3 hours until I looked like a prune. laugh

and had a tone of ice cream to try to keep me cool also. drinker

but finally I am back. I was hoping for more replies to the book cover of the free magazine. I guess it isn't as good as I thought it would be. drinker

Gotta give us time! I've been at work and am fixin to go back. I think it looks really good, with one exception. I'm not on it! laugh Just kidding, it really looks good, and professional! flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Mon 08/10/09 04:24 PM

I try to think of myself not as an optimist or a pessimist but a realist. I realize that if I do not find someone particularly attractive, then the relationship will not proceed anywhere romantically. It's just a matter of personal preference, really. Obviously, if somebody who is not "my type" messages me seeking just that, how do I let them off easily, without seeming shallow? Do you believe that such a preference makes me shallow?

IMO
I have to be optimist and think that a young man like you, seemingly intelligent, relatively polite, would not pass up the opportunity for a wonderful relationship with a young woman because of weight. I do not disagree that first impressions are vital, but that does not mean that someone you initially find unattractive, cannot become someone you are very attracted to. I believe that because I have experienced it. But, if you really, really don't believe, under any circumstances, that you can be attracted to a heavy woman, put that in your profile. If I read that, I don't contact someone in a romantic way. If it's in your profile and someone inappropriate contacts you, either don't respond and delete the email or respond and say you are not attracted to large women. The result will be the same either way. If they persist, block them. Plain and simple.
Good luck in your search!

glasses

oh yeah, a "no fat chicks" statement on a profile will really go over well on mingle. come on now, man!:tongue:

Not everyone on mingle would think to write "no fat chicks" and not everyone on mingle would be offended by someone stating their preference. Why does that preference have to be insulting?

noblenan's photo
Sun 08/09/09 07:42 PM

I try to think of myself not as an optimist or a pessimist but a realist. I realize that if I do not find someone particularly attractive, then the relationship will not proceed anywhere romantically. It's just a matter of personal preference, really. Obviously, if somebody who is not "my type" messages me seeking just that, how do I let them off easily, without seeming shallow? Do you believe that such a preference makes me shallow?

IMO
I have to be optimist and think that a young man like you, seemingly intelligent, relatively polite, would not pass up the opportunity for a wonderful relationship with a young woman because of weight. I do not disagree that first impressions are vital, but that does not mean that someone you initially find unattractive, cannot become someone you are very attracted to. I believe that because I have experienced it. But, if you really, really don't believe, under any circumstances, that you can be attracted to a heavy woman, put that in your profile. If I read that, I don't contact someone in a romantic way. If it's in your profile and someone inappropriate contacts you, either don't respond and delete the email or respond and say you are not attracted to large women. The result will be the same either way. If they persist, block them. Plain and simple.
Good luck in your search!

glasses

noblenan's photo
Sat 08/08/09 11:48 AM
IMO
I'm not sure why the matter has to be so complicated that there is this much dissent about it. The one thing that amazes me is that there IS so much dissent! You let a normally able bodied adult without children get really sick and need health care coverage, and that person, his/her family and friends, are totally outraged that there is no government help for that them. We demand so many governmental services, I don't understand why everyone wouldn't want one to keep our people healthy. My hope would be that having the government option would make private insurance products, particularly employer subsidized, more competitively priced, with better benefits, and therefore, usable, as mine is not. My fear is just as someone pointed out earlier. The employers will use the public option to get out of providing it,and therefore, undermine the public option.

glasses

noblenan's photo
Sat 08/08/09 07:27 AM

This is screen name noblenan and she is a wise Amazonian Queen that rules a few emerald islands of a tough civilization!

Too cool! But, I need some kind of weapon! devil laugh

Thanks, Smiless! I figured out how to save this one! flowers

Nan glasses

Actually I was thinking about that today. If I have the time one day, I will do full body illustrations where everyone has somekind of weapon or item in their hand. It is a good idea what you bring and I will do it one day.

Of course you will have a weapon one day, but even if you didn't, you have a army that protects you. You are afterall the Amazonian Warrior Queen!

Oh, Smiless, sweet heart, I can live without a full body illustration!!! noway laugh Even you couldn't make that look good!

But, ok, if I have to live without a weapon in the picture, I shall pretend that I have a sweet, kind, and generous exterior, but can slit an enemies throat in a Medieval minute, if my vast Army fails me! pitchfork laugh I bet the cunning Phuque, Wild Elf Amazonian, is plotting against me as we speak!

By the way, my 5 year old grandson recognised that the illustration was me! Your terrific! drinker

glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 08/07/09 09:25 PM

This is screen name noblenan and she is a wise Amazonian Queen that rules a few emerald islands of a tough civilization!

Too cool! But, I need some kind of weapon! devil laugh

Thanks, Smiless! I figured out how to save this one! flowers

Nan glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 07/31/09 04:43 PM

Hi Nan,flowerforyou

I will make you into a amazonian queen warrior! It will be fun.

Also I can advertise your town's medieval festival. If you could provide me the link that would be great.

And you did a great job filling the questioniare out. I will have you in the first issue of the magazine soon.

Thanks for all of your support everytime. drinker

I will find this for you tomorrow. Good night!

glasses

Sorry for the delay! Here's the the websight.

http://www.medievalfair.org/

I'm sure there are others. I can research it if you like?

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:55 PM

Hi Nan,flowerforyou

I will make you into a amazonian queen warrior! It will be fun.

Also I can advertise your town's medieval festival. If you could provide me the link that would be great.

And you did a great job filling the questioniare out. I will have you in the first issue of the magazine soon.

Thanks for all of your support everytime. drinker

I will find this for you tomorrow. Good night!

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 07/29/09 09:19 PM
Thank you, Smiless! What an endeavor your taking, and taking us along for the ride! What a chance to step outside of the box.

1. Choose a race and mention it here on the thread.

Dwarf
Human
High Elf
Wood Elf
Wild Elf
Amazonian
Centaur
Minotaur
Draconian
Halfling
Dark Elf (drow)
vampire
Zombie
gnome
pixie/fairy

to name a few. If you have another race idea then don't hesitate to add it.

Can't I be the Queen of something? Amazonian would be right, strong, not quite so old, queen with a few less wrinkles and firmer...you know! Maybe a Amazonian Warrior Queen?

2. Answer the following question as they will be added below your fantasy picture.

Why do you like Fantasy or Fiction?

Life is a fantasy. What's not to love?

What is your favorite Medieval "Swords and Sorcery" type movie?

Originally, Star Wars was the ultimate fantasy. "Camelot" is my ultimate Medieval fantasy movie.

What is your favorite Fantasy novel?

I'm not much of a reader, but I was hooked after The Hobbit.

What is your favorite roleplaying computer game?

Don't play. dominoes, Mahjong, that's as exciting as it gets.

What is your month and day of birth? Needed to make a "fantasy horoscope reading" to add below your illustration.

09/20 Could you use the one you did for me? Spice it up a bit, if you like.

What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas, particularly ones of my youth.

If you where to live in the 15th century in Europe, what would you like to be and explain why? For example - Lord, Princess, Alchemist, Knight, Advisor, Jester, farmer, Bishop, Assassin, etc. etc.

I would have been a wench/ prostitute. Is that 15th century enough? Oh, but for this I would have to be a desirable queen, not a wench. Humm, imagine that?

Where can a reader contact you? For example - Mingle2 screenname, or a yahoo account, etc. etc. ((You can send this email if you like)) Also only if you want to have anyone contact you.

noblenan on mingle2

3. If you have something to contribute such as medieval websites, or websites of authors, fantasy rpg websites, fantasy mmporg websites, or your own personal fiction writing or artwork you wish to add into the magazine then don't hesitate to send it.

Can't be of much help to you on this one. But, my town has a yearly Medieval Fair. I'm sure there are others. Maybe you could link them or advertise them.

Cheers and thanks for reading all that! lol

your friendly bard,

smilessdrinker

That was fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with, for everybody!
flowerforyou

Nan glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 07/24/09 08:13 PM
I was pulled over the other day for the first time in probably 20 years. I knew not to reach for my driver's license and insurance verification from previous training. I think it was called Driver's Ed. whoa I did everything that the officer asked me to, when he asked me to, and the stop was not all that unpleasant. It ended well for me. It might have been different if the officer had started out being rude or hateful to me cause I can be a hot head when provoked. I suspect that one or the other began this incident with a poor attitude. The only ones that know that for sure are those that were there. I think President Obama was out of line when he publicly expressed his opinion without knowing all the facts. but, it was his opinion and he's human. I believe he has apologized and we all should move on. Hopefully, the officer and the professor can work this out amongst themselves and move on, too. flowerforyou

glasses

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25