Community > Posts By > Alterette

no photo
Thu 07/28/11 06:52 PM
Edited by Alterette on Thu 07/28/11 06:56 PM
I had one of those days with my spoiled, ungrateful, disrespectful 17 yo which actually made me feel that the sooner she goes away to school the better for sanity of the household, my health and preventing incarceration - before I put her over my knee and give her the thorough spanking she so richly deserves with her bratty, 10 yo attitude. No matter what we've gone through, I've never felt this way about ANY of my other kids, bio, foster or otherwise. This one takes the cake .. and throws it back in my face. explode

Oh, and it's fricken hot.

no photo
Thu 07/28/11 12:54 AM

Thank you, everyone. Bulldog, you are such a darling. I owe you a kiss.

no photo
Thu 07/28/11 12:52 AM

I did a good deed today. I did NOT flip off the SOB that nearly ran me off the road bigsmile

Awww .. proud of you J. flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 07/28/11 12:49 AM

Well, to start off, I took a vow as a teenager to never date anyone prettier than I am. rofl rofl rofl

Seriously though, none of the guys I have dated would necessarily be considered "hot", so I can't really say. They were all guys I liked as persons. I'm actually attracted more to average types and I love a guy with a little bit of weight on him ... more cuddly. winking

no photo
Thu 07/28/11 12:37 AM

1. How I wish I could go to sleep. sad

2. How family drama is keeping me from sleeping. noway

3. How I actually WAS asleep until the family drama. frustrated

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 11:01 PM

I'm sorry Krupa and Dragoness, that you had to go through those experiences. Life can be so unfair. flowerforyou flowerforyou

Most of the trouble I've had has come from other people, starting with my emotionally unstable father trying to commit suicide with me when I was six years old.

The most difficult experiences I put myself through were in the raising of eight children, mostly as a single parent with no one to turn to.

Having to move back to the States and dealing with unemployment, temporary homelessness and depression - at the same time the three youngest were going through anger issues, clinical depression and regression (due to the divorce and move) - has been killer.

The stress of it all has greatly affected my health and aged me considerably in the past five years. The only thing that keeps me going is faith - in G-d and myself - and the hope that it will all turn out for the best.

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 05:11 PM
Edited by Alterette on Wed 07/27/11 05:13 PM

You are a good looking woman Alterette! Great bone structure. It is a shame about your family putting you down young. I see alot of that. Fortunately we never did that in our family. (cept me and my brother...but, even that was just joking around)

It freed me from from alot of self consious things. When people develope insecurities at a young age...seems like they carry them with them for the rest of thier lives.

P.S. I don't pose. I stand like this in line at the convenience store.

It's taken me most of my adult life, but I'm happy with who I am ... and who I'm not. Thank you for the kind words, Krupa. And I believe you about the non-posing; I can imagine you standing that way anywhere! rofl

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 05:02 PM

Heheheheh ... love it! Just like the parents' excuse notes and church bulletins. My favorites are the dog ads and "tickle me Elmo" - very clever. :laughing:

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 04:49 PM

So beautiful, Terry. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

My family has always taken in stray animals, nursed them back to health and found homes for them. Some we kept.

When my oldest kids were teens, we lived in this very small town in Kentucky. They brought friends home of course, but the weekends were always the busiest. One Summer evening, my 13 yo daughter came to me and said, "Mom, I just made a friend. Her name is Jessie, and I found her sleeping in the old greenhouse next door. Can she spend the weekend?"

That began YEARS of "adopted" kids ... seems that a lot of families here wait until their kids are 12 or so and either bring them along to party with them, or dump them off in town on the weekends to find a place to crash while they (parents) go off to party. I was the "invisible" child at home and could never stand to see an unwanted child.

My door was never locked; I could wake up any morning and find some young person "camped out" on my living room floor. The first timers were told "We don't care where you came from or what you've done before. Everyone is welcome here." One weekend, we had 21 kids here, including my own. They never gave me a bit of trouble; always followed the house rules, always respectful. They all acted as they were expected to by me and most just wanted an adult who cared how they were and what they were doing. 20 years later, some of them still call me "Mom". Sadly, it's different today ... but those were some of the best years of my life.

G-d bless you all, who care for children in any small way. flowerforyou :heart:

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 04:36 PM

I don't exactly trust women I don't know calling me "honey", "hun", or "sugar". For some women though, it is meant as nothing more than a pleasantry. So I just bite my tongue, and let it go.

Guilty as charged .. comes from living in the South for so long.

My vote goes to SteveG01 also; he's got it right for sure. :thumbsup:

BTW, if I'm talking to someone and he calls me sexy, he's either in his 20s or 60 and older. I just laugh it off; it doesn't bother me a bit.

However, it really surprised me how many responses I got here (and many of them included "sexy") when the nekkid feets were my profile pic. Learn something new every day ...

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 04:25 PM

Yes and no ... no money involved but you do have to "spend" some time on the forums to meet more people. It's quite worth it, though - you get "repaid" in great friendships ... exponentially.

Welcome! flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 04:21 PM

Thanks for posting that.

Always be good to yourself!

and not------> frustrated

Ditto. flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 04:20 PM

I invited someone to spend the afternoon and kept her in iced tea and nibbles while she poured out her woes to me. Poor gal really has no one else to lend her a sympathetic ear and I loaned her some money to pay a bill (I know she'll pay it back and she needed it right away.)

She was visibly better when she left to go home .. was glad to do it. :smile:

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 04:12 PM

We humans are so complicated, aren't we? While growing up, I was told I was the ugliest, dumbest and least talented in my family. So when I walked out into the world as an adult and people started telling me I was exotic or beautiful, it made me uncomfortable and I played it down as much as I could.

Now that gravity is getting the best of me, I wish I'd believed in myself and held myself to higher standards when I was young. I wish I was more confident about that part of myself.

When someone points out, with all seriousness on his/her part, that he/she is beautiful, I see a person who is actually very insecure, who doesn't believe there is anything really good or interesting about his/herself as a person. So I ignore the physical beauty and look for something inside to encourage them that they are so much more than looks. Does that make sense?

It may sound corny, but in the people I am getting to know I see beauty in so many ways. Krupa's posing makes me giggle, but he has the heart of an artist and is so generous. Mg, you're purty but your peacemaking is more beautiful to me. Soufie doesn't say a lot but when she does, it's always worth reading. Andy's quest to cut through bullsh!t touches me, no matter how outrageous he can get.

Dragoness and Actionlynx are so intense. Most of the time, both Winterblue's and Ladylid's comments could have been written by myself. Bulldog and Newarkjw are just so comfortable with themselves and often make me laugh out loud. Vivian is such a mixture of humor and graciousness. Luv is so open for all to see and full of love; you can't help but love her. Wux is the master of grandiose. These are just a few examples.

Beauty, to me, rises above the physical and the family I've met here is like no other I've found since I came online more than 13 years ago. I guess my point is, I see you all as beautiful.

Do you come gift wrapped? I want one.

Awww .. thanks, mg. flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 04:09 PM

shocked I'm melllting ... mellllllllllting.

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 03:02 AM
Edited by Alterette on Wed 07/27/11 03:06 AM
To be frank, finances this past month are not good. I may lose my connection for a little while until I can catch up. We have a roof over our heads and food to eat, so I'm not complaining. However, there are other needs: personal toiletries, household things, school supplies and clothes for the kids, laundry money, bus fare, etc. I know that Internet is not a "need" per se, but it's my only contact with the outside world and I sure would love to have it.

If you are so inclined, please hold me up to the Lord, ask him to send more work my way or some other solution; pray for me as I start another round of applying tomorrow. Thanks.

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 02:53 AM

Love the wording; do you have music to go with it? Can we hear?

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 02:47 AM

We humans are so complicated, aren't we? While growing up, I was told I was the ugliest, dumbest and least talented in my family. So when I walked out into the world as an adult and people started telling me I was exotic or beautiful, it made me uncomfortable and I played it down as much as I could.

Now that gravity is getting the best of me, I wish I'd believed in myself and held myself to higher standards when I was young. I wish I was more confident about that part of myself.

When someone points out, with all seriousness on his/her part, that he/she is beautiful, I see a person who is actually very insecure, who doesn't believe there is anything really good or interesting about his/herself as a person. So I ignore the physical beauty and look for something inside to encourage them that they are so much more than looks. Does that make sense?

It may sound corny, but in the people I am getting to know I see beauty in so many ways. Krupa's posing makes me giggle, but he has the heart of an artist and is so generous. Mg, you're purty but your peacemaking is more beautiful to me. Soufie doesn't say a lot but when she does, it's always worth reading. Andy's quest to cut through bullsh!t touches me, no matter how outrageous he can get.

Dragoness and Actionlynx are so intense. Most of the time, both Winterblue's and Ladylid's comments could have been written by myself. Bulldog and Newarkjw are just so comfortable with themselves and often make me laugh out loud. Vivian is such a mixture of humor and graciousness. Luv is so open for all to see and full of love; you can't help but love her. Wux is the master of grandiose. These are just a few examples.

Beauty, to me, rises above the physical and the family I've met here is like no other I've found since I came online more than 13 years ago. I guess my point is, I see you all as beautiful.

no photo
Wed 07/27/11 01:54 AM

I got to see it tonight and to be honest ... I was a bit disappointed. They did a very good job with all the detail in the movie ... except the scene with Harry's battle with Voldemort, Neville and Nagini and Mrs. Weasely. The battle would have been so much more dramatic (and explanatory) if they followed the book. Neville's bit was changed to make it more dramatic, but was pale compared to the book and Molly Weasley's bit was just plain dull.

I agree that the speed of the beginning was too slow; then they jammed the final part of the battle, which should have gotten the lion's share of attention, into too short a time. It would have confused me if I hadn't read the book.

Normally, I would have forgiven the changes because the best part of the movies is to see the characters personified and to follow their growth. Don't get me wrong; it's still an awesome movie but IMO it would have been even more amazing if they followed the book more closely.

no photo
Tue 07/26/11 06:31 AM
Edited by Alterette on Tue 07/26/11 06:33 AM

Mine was a date set up by a co-worker. Over dinner, he suddenly told me that he'd wanted to ask me out for a long time because he "loved how [my] t*ts bounced when I walked across the room." I was too shocked to say anything and I guess he thought I was impressed so he continued to say that he had lots of "toys" in the trunk to play with; however, we couldn't go back to his place and he wasn't going to spring for a hotel room so we "had" to go back to mine. He wasn't being suggestive; he took it for granted that I was going to do this. I walked out in the middle of the date.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25