Community > Posts By > 42BlackBBW

no photo
Mon 07/16/12 11:20 AM
How’s this for originality? I think we want different things.

no photo
Mon 07/16/12 11:15 AM
Edited by 42BlackBBW on Mon 07/16/12 11:18 AM
Longterm, compatibility definitely. Short term, Love.

In my mind, a long term relationship is sustained by having a range of common interests not saying that love isn't important but it's the commonalities that enable longevity.

no photo
Mon 07/16/12 11:07 AM
Definitely not.

no photo
Mon 07/16/12 10:57 AM
I find it a nonsense that too many women look at society to validate or define “beauty”. In my mind, it’s very much in the eye of the beholder yadda, yadda yadda.

The 'glass ceiling' isn't just a metaphor for gender inequality in the workplace, it's also used for race as well. Bare in mind that women (and men) of colour in the fashion, film and beauty industries do not always start on a level playing field. Which is why film makers such as Spike Lee, John Singleton, Iman (in terms of makeup), Oprah and many others have tried to redress the balance with varying degrees of success.

Steps off soapbox laugh

no photo
Mon 07/16/12 10:45 AM

All women are beautiful(or can be). I've read and heard all kinds of stuff on this topic. Everything from white women are nicer and easy to hang out with to black women have attitudes and are too high maintenance. Aside from the crap in the media, I would say it's just personal preference. But it really shouldn't matter what color/nationality a woman (or man) is.

this, personally ive dated a few black women buts its never worked out since im a hot-blooded spanish man i preffer women who are more passive

So you think being passive has something to do with race?

lol, I wasnt going to touch that ,,

laugh laugh

Im very used to the stereotype,,,but in fairness, it sometimes just is a result of limited experience,,its how we sometimes categorize experiences,,,,

Me either laugh

Although I do take it as a compliment that black women (in his mind), aren't considered as passive laugh laugh It's hilarious

no photo
Mon 07/16/12 10:41 AM
Not changed me but it has strengthened my resolve to not settle and talk to people that I wouldn't have otherwise chatted to stateside.

no photo
Sun 07/15/12 01:49 PM
Make the investment because it'll be reciprocated.... tenfold.

no photo
Fri 07/13/12 12:57 PM
It was good to hear from you.

We kinda loss touch but that didn't mean that I wanted to call things off...I just didn't/still don't know you well enough

no photo
Fri 07/13/12 12:47 PM
Edited by 42BlackBBW on Fri 07/13/12 12:48 PM
I don't necessarily believe in marriage but I do believe that if someone goes as far as to make that kind (or any form of) commitment to another person then it should be honoured and both parties remain faithful.

If that isn't possible, then the unfaithful person should have the guts to dissolve the relationship making the ending as painless/drama free as possible.

Cheating is cheating regardless of orientation and/or marital status.

no photo
Wed 07/11/12 02:18 PM
Happy belated Tiger xx

no photo
Wed 07/11/12 02:15 PM
I'm not a traditional romantic.

I don't always appreciate so called romantic gestures unless they're unexpected and original and having been in a ltr with someone that made me feel like Cruella de vil if I forgot a birthday and/or anniversary hasn't helped.

no photo
Wed 07/11/12 02:02 PM
That's a tricky one...I don't think I told my parents that I had a boyfriend until I was about 20 :smile: and that was one of the serious ones. They didn't know anything about the ones that didn't make it to the 'serious' stage.

no photo
Wed 07/11/12 01:56 PM
It may just be that she recognises her strengths and knows that she’s not a supportive person in the scenario that you've outlined. It doesn’t mean that she’s the wicked witch of the West, it just means that dealing with situations where she needs to be sympathetic or empathetic may be hard for her.

In a lot of cultures, it’s sometimes frowned upon if a man shows any sign of what is perceived as a weakness. Men are not supposed to have emotional issues or require emotional support from their sig other. Yes, I know it’s a nonsense but it exists.

I actually know a guy that gets emotional support and advice (among other things) from his mistress because his wife just sees him as the hunter gatherer and isn’t interested in seeing him as just a man because that’s what their culture dictates.

Idk, I’m just playing devil’s advocate...personally, anytime someone strops off and sleeps in another room and starts making a big deal out of something so minor...it’s the beginning of the end.

Differing cultural beliefs and values are a lot of reason why interracial (assuming that yours is) relationships breakdown.

no photo
Mon 07/09/12 12:34 PM

All women are evil she beasts put on this earth to make us men miserable. I will die a lonely, but happy old man.

Who says we can't multitask! laugh

no photo
Sun 07/08/12 08:36 AM
It's missing from mine as well as isn't listed under 'settings'.

no photo
Sun 07/08/12 08:29 AM
Edited by 42BlackBBW on Sun 07/08/12 08:30 AM

Why do you read my profile every time you
message me you? It’s making me wonder
whether memory loss should have been listed
in your profile as a medical issue :smile:.

You do realize that a person HAS to View
your page to send you a message?
(Unless they access from your Friends List.)

Previous recipients of msgs that I have sent have responded without having shown up as having viewed my profile – unless they’ve been using stealth.

I had assumed (perhaps wrongly) that if you were replying to a msg in your inbox, you bypassed the profile view thing.

Anyway, I think this guy’s playing silly buggers because he constantly shows up as viewing my profile without having replied to or sent a msg.

no photo
Sat 07/07/12 01:33 PM
It's about context.

You can't (always) take something that is said for comedic value as self belief.

no photo
Sat 07/07/12 01:21 PM
Don't mistake friendship for more than what it is

no photo
Sat 07/07/12 01:44 AM
I wasn't meeting men that I wanted to date through usual channels (clubs, pubs, dating parties etc) and I wanted to see if I would meet like minded people online.

no photo
Sat 07/07/12 01:38 AM
Why do you read my profile every time you message me you? It’s making me wonder whether memory loss should have been listed in your profile as a medical issue :smile:.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25