Thu 09/27/12 02:16 PM
not everything's meant to be understood

no photo
Wed 09/26/12 11:01 AM
Need a new pattern...this one keeps repeating

no photo
Sun 09/23/12 04:22 AM
Edited by 42BlackBBW on Sun 09/23/12 04:28 AM
These are recipes that me and my kids enjoy.

Don't let the Toad in the Hole confuse you, it's a UK thing. I adapt mine by adding cheese and tomatoes/tomatoe batter - we don't eat meat so I make mine with Linda McCartney veggie sauages (which IMO are the best veggie sausages out there).

The two pesto recipes are also 'meat free' and great with spaghetti or pasta twists and garlic bread.

Toad in the Hole
8 pork sausages
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
225g (8 oz) plain flour
4 eggs
250ml (8 fl oz) milk
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation method
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C /gas mark 6.

2. Pour the oil into the bottom of a baking dish, and arrange the sausages over it in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.

3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, eggs and half of the milk until smooth. Gradually mix in the rest of the milk until a smooth batter is achieved. Season with salt and pepper.

4. Remove the sausages from the oven, and ladle the batter over them until the sausages are 3/4 covered. Return to the oven, and bake for 35 minutes, or until the centre is risen and browned. Don't worry if the underside seems slightly soft, as this is normal.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Green Pesto Recipe

INGREDIENTS
2 cups fresh basil (or spinach) leaves, packed
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

METHOD
1 Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. (If you are using walnuts instead of pine nuts and they are not already chopped, pulse them a few times first, before adding the basil.) Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
2 Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Serve with pasta, or over baked potatoes, or spread over toasted baguette slices.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Red Pesto Recipe

100g (4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
6 cloves garlic, chopped
25g (1 oz) pine nuts
1/2 small red onion, chopped
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato purée
5 tablespoons passata
4 tablespoons red wine
100ml (4 fl oz) olive oil
50g (2 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste

Prep: 20 mins
1. Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with warm water for 5 minutes, or until tender. (Skip this step if your tomatoes are packed in oil.)

2. In a food processor or blender combine tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts and onion; process until well blended. Add vinegar, tomato purée, passata and red wine, and process until desired consistency is reached. Stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt to taste.

no photo
Sun 09/23/12 03:38 AM
Learn to love. Grow to love...it’s is the same thing to me. So yes, I could grow to love someone.

Yes, I could grow to love someone that I wasn’t initially attracted to but liked/enjoyed his company or his humour enough to enjoy spending time with him.

no photo
Sun 09/23/12 03:02 AM

Humm sorry but at my age I threw the rules out the window. Now I do what I feel like doing and when, I don't have a time limit... It all depends on how well we click......

I'm of the same mindset.

no photo
Sun 09/23/12 03:00 AM

Before I post this I want everyone to know I'm not talking about me. It's just something that came to mind. I'm curious to what folks in general think. Men and women.

You're 35. You're at a party with lots of different people. This person approaches you and starts talking to you. Average, But nice looking. This person is 50.

Seems like a good person and very datable. Would you consider dating this person? Or is 50 to old? Or would that even be a factor in whether you dated this person or not?

At 35, I definitely would not have dated him..but that's not to say that I wouldn't have 'tested' the waters pitchfork

no photo
Thu 09/13/12 01:36 PM
No, not as a new relationship. You need that time at a beginning of a relationship to get to know one another and build trust etc.

no photo
Thu 09/13/12 01:28 PM
A bit clichéd but sometimes you just have to roll with you down time(s).

Just let them wash over you because you know that they won’t last forever. Take the time you need to wallow and if it doesn’t pass, seek help.

no photo
Mon 09/10/12 12:40 PM

skin color can alter how others view and treat you

it shouldnt alter how a couple treats each other

,, CULTURAL DIFFERENCE, on the other hand, can make a big difference in a relationship

This...In most cases, it's not skin colour that has ended most of my relationships, it's the cultural differences that we couldn't over come.

no photo
Mon 09/10/12 12:35 PM
If I need to start cashing in my air miles, then he's living too far away.

no photo
Mon 09/10/12 12:31 PM
self confidence and (good) restaurant food

no photo
Mon 09/10/12 12:15 PM
Edited by 42BlackBBW on Mon 09/10/12 12:16 PM
Very first...Luther Vandross (late 80’s). Booked early and actually had 4th row seats but was sick so didn't get to go.

I was a die hard Luther fan and god know when he would have been back in the UK...I bought another 2 tickets for later on that week and was so far back (nose bleed seats I think they're called), that all I saw of him was this blob in a sequinned jacket. No features, no nothing but he sounded great. Me and my sister sneaked to as close as we could get and sung til our voices gave out.

Luther goes down as my most expensive concert to date.

no photo
Mon 09/10/12 12:01 PM

Hard to say really, some 30 yo's have the maturity of someone in grade school, in a relationship we are all just as old as our life experience demands us to be. Some people do not ever have the need to grow as a human they just stay in their niche. I don't think age/race should have anything to do with it. If the person you fall for never leaves you doing anything but smiling the only thing that should matter is when your going out to see them next.

^^This (but would extend the age range).

If the person is compatible and makes me happy/keeps me smiling, his age will be irrelevant.

I just hope that if such a person were to cross my path, I’d give him a chance and have the guts to see where things lead regardless of how old he is.

I wish I could belive that age is not a factor. I have to go with my own experiences with younger men and found they always had an ulterior motive to use me for something. I can't believe that a young handsome man would be interested in an unattractive 52 year old woman like me when there are hot looking women with perfect bodies their own age out there. They usually see the chance for a place to live, or that I have money. They also think I will teach them about sex or that because I am so unattractive that no man will have sex with me so I will be greatful for him offering to sleep with me. Again; I speak from my own experiences and I have learned to follow my gut instincts when meeting a younger man. My instincts have been 100% spot on about everything that has happened in my life. I have learned to trust my instincts as they have saved me from a lot of grief.

First off, I don't think that you're unattractive...I sneaked a look at your profile and I absolutely loved your pics...didn't realise you are such a sci-fi fan :thumbsup:

For me, I'm just trying to lose some of my baggage and not lump everyone in the same basket.

no photo
Mon 09/10/12 11:46 AM

The problem is when men start talking about sex immediately, before even attempting to get to know the woman they're chatting with. That can definitely be a turn off.

This. 'You' open that door too soon and it'll come back and hit you in the back again and again.

no photo
Mon 09/10/12 11:36 AM
London (UK). Love that's it's a melting pot of different cultures/people.

no photo
Mon 09/10/12 11:28 AM
For me, it's usually after I have had sex with him. Obviously this is dependent on whether we've both enjoyed 'it'.

no photo
Sun 09/09/12 04:26 AM
Sometimes, it isn’t about making a situation better/worse. It’s about knowing that you did something.

For me it would be about having someone have that much of a negative impact on my emotional well being and knowing that I did nothing to address it.

Doing something doesn’t always equate to happily ever after. It’s about knowing that you have done everything you can do regardless of a positive outcome.

no photo
Sun 09/09/12 04:03 AM
It can vary. Sometimes I'm on here a lot posting and checking msgs. Other times, life gets in the way and it can be weeks before I check/respond to a msg.

Also like others have said, before sending a msg, check to see how long it has been since the person's logged on.

no photo
Sun 09/09/12 03:46 AM

Hard to say really, some 30 yo's have the maturity of someone in grade school, in a relationship we are all just as old as our life experience demands us to be. Some people do not ever have the need to grow as a human they just stay in their niche. I don't think age/race should have anything to do with it. If the person you fall for never leaves you doing anything but smiling the only thing that should matter is when your going out to see them next.

^^This (but would extend the age range).

If the person is compatible and makes me happy/keeps me smiling, his age will be irrelevant.

I just hope that if such a person were to cross my path, I’d give him a chance and have the guts to see where things lead regardless of how old he is.

no photo
Sun 09/09/12 03:36 AM
Apologies for stating the obvious but a lot of people come out of a relationship with baggage and it can take a little time to let down our guard and begin to trust again.

In addition to this, a lot of women have been taking care of our households and families by ourselves and have to re-learn how to share. It takes time, patience and perseverance. Maybe you’re rushing things.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25