Community > Posts By > TJN

TJN's photo
Wed 09/18/13 03:24 PM

TJN's photo
Tue 09/17/13 04:16 PM

Among the 62 mass shootings over the last 30 years that we studied, not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns. To the contrary, in many of the cases there was clearly another motive for the choice of location. For example, 20 were workplace shootings, most of which involved perpetrators who felt wronged by employers and colleagues.

Proponents of this argument also ignore that the majority of mass shootings are murder-suicides. Thirty-six of the killers we studied took their own lives at or near the crime scene, while seven others died in police shootouts they had no hope of surviving (a.k.a. "suicide by cop"). These were not people whose priority was identifying the safest place to attack.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/04/gun-free-zones-mass-shootings

So 62 mass shootings in the last 30 years.
What about the over 11,000 murders every year?
Should we focus more on criminals getting guns illegally and being slapped on the wrist when arrested for gun violence? Just to get out and committ violent crimes with guns?
Out of the 62 how many legally owned guns?
Out of the over 11,000 how many legally owned guns?

since you ask

from the same piece above

'Nearly 80 percent of the mass shooters we documented obtained their weapons legally'

,,bringing it back , in my opinion, to the point of not EVERY AMERICAN needing or deserving or obtaining a weapon

the paranoid and mentally unstable amongst those that should have some restriction,,,

I think we all agree people with mental health issues shouldn't own a gun.
Yet our government does nothing about it.
Why are they not glamorized like the mass shootings are?
Murder is murder wether its 1 or 12.
Yet government uses the mass murders to push an agenda of gun control.

The only problem with this statement is who determines what "mental health issues" restricting gun ownership are.

Do people with insomnia who see a shrink fall into that category?
Returning vets?
Victims or offenders of domestic violence (regardless of how minor)?
Accident victims?
Victims of violent crimes?
Young adults with childhood problems?

The problem is about 60% of Americans seek help for some type of issue or another for which they are prescribed drugs that would qualify them for denial in language typical of most gov't mandates.

By trying to solve one problem you create another as gov't has shown their enept ability to do just that time and again!

When the gov't gets involved in anything, it turns into an albatross or goes to hell, or morphs into something worse than the problem they are seeking to fix.

I don't need the gov't to tell me what's right or wrong, how to raise my kids, when and where I can't go, who I have the right to talk to and what I can say.

I'm not religious, but the golden rule and the 10 commandments (simple logics), along with an adherence to the Constitution and Bill of Rights (simple yet monumental documents!), should be all anyone ever needs.

There will ALWAYS be crime and criminals! Restricting the general law abiding public of the rights will never change that....EVER!

I agree where is the line drawn and who decides.
This guy in the Naval yard should have never been able to buy a gun with his record.

TJN's photo
Tue 09/17/13 04:10 PM
Edited by TJN on Tue 09/17/13 04:13 PM
547 dead, 476 hurt in 78 mass shootings since 1983

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/547-dead-476-hurt-mass-shootings-since-1983-182605303--politics.html

Congressional Research Service

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43004.pdf

Why is such a big deal made over what about .1% of the murders in the US?
What about the rest of them?

TJN's photo
Tue 09/17/13 03:08 PM

Among the 62 mass shootings over the last 30 years that we studied, not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns. To the contrary, in many of the cases there was clearly another motive for the choice of location. For example, 20 were workplace shootings, most of which involved perpetrators who felt wronged by employers and colleagues.

Proponents of this argument also ignore that the majority of mass shootings are murder-suicides. Thirty-six of the killers we studied took their own lives at or near the crime scene, while seven others died in police shootouts they had no hope of surviving (a.k.a. "suicide by cop"). These were not people whose priority was identifying the safest place to attack.

Should we focus more on criminals getting guns illegally and being slapped on the wrist when arrested for gun violence? Just to get out and committ violent crimes with guns?

since you ask

from the same piece above

'Nearly 80 percent of the mass shooters we documented obtained their weapons legally'

,,bringing it back , in my opinion, to the point of not EVERY AMERICAN needing or deserving or obtaining a weapon

the paranoid and mentally unstable amongst those that should have some restriction,,,

Yet our government does nothing about it.
Why are they not glamorized like the mass shootings are?
Murder is murder wether its 1 or 12.
Yet government uses the mass murders to push an agenda of gun control.

TJN's photo
Tue 09/17/13 02:44 PM

TJN's photo
Tue 09/17/13 02:37 PM

Factually speaking more guns equals more murders.
Factually speaking a gun present means more women and children die in family disputes
Factually speaking more guns equal more gun accidents :)
Ect....
Factually speaking guns have been present at mass shootings and the gun toter did not save the day.

Fearful gun toters are not good guys. They are full of fear so badly they need to have a gun so they are a bit neurotic.

Is that how it works? You keep saying factually over and over and it will become the truth?
Any factual statistics to back up your claims?

I have already done it on here so many times. You do realize my old name is Dragoness right?

The facts are there.

I am not the NRA, I am not trying to sell you nothin.

Your "facts" are there somewhere.
I'm a "gun toter" and I do it legally. When I carry its because I want to not because I'm afraid.
I'm not a member of the NRA so I'm buying nothing from them.
On the contrary you are trying to sell the banning of guns and will use your "facts" that are somewhere on this site you've posted in the past to support what you believe even if your "facts" aren't true.

TJN's photo
Tue 09/17/13 01:41 PM

Factually speaking more guns equals more murders.
Factually speaking a gun present means more women and children die in family disputes
Factually speaking more guns equal more gun accidents :)
Ect....
Factually speaking guns have been present at mass shootings and the gun toter did not save the day.

Fearful gun toters are not good guys. They are full of fear so badly they need to have a gun so they are a bit neurotic.

Is that how it works? You keep saying factually over and over and it will become the truth?
Any factual statistics to back up your claims?

TJN's photo
Wed 09/11/13 09:10 AM
Obama has supporters

http://youtu.be/z-sdO6pwVHQ

TJN's photo
Tue 09/10/13 01:28 PM

not your property? vandalism

private property? freedom of speech

Why wouldn't it be our property. It was payed for by taxes

TJN's photo
Thu 09/05/13 07:38 AM
And if we do bomb Syria Russia and china will just sit back and watch?

TJN's photo
Wed 09/04/13 06:18 PM

You know it's bad when Russia's Putin calls Obama on his lies but the American people blindly stand behind him.

I don't see the American people standing blindly behind Obama.

I was referring to those who voted for him and stand by his every word.
Sorry I should have been more clear about that.

TJN's photo
Wed 09/04/13 03:57 PM
You know it's bad when Russia's Putin calls Obama on his lies but the American people blindly stand behind him.

TJN's photo
Wed 09/04/13 02:22 PM
Edited by TJN on Wed 09/04/13 02:26 PM
He may not have invented the flip flop but he mastered it.

Voted against increasing the debt limit; then supported raising it.

Campaigned against the Bush tax cuts; then extended all of them.

Promised to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term; then proposed trillion dollar deficits.

Vowed the unemployment rate would be below 8% if his stimulus was passed; but then it broke 10%.

Promised shovel ready jobs; then admitted they weren’t shovel ready.

Said if you like your health plan you can keep it; but then threw seniors off Medicare Plus and employers are now saying they’ll dump people onto the public exchange.

Promised to have health care negotiations on live TV, but then reversed himself.

Indicated Bush violated the Constitution; then carried out warrantless wiretaps, indefinite detentions, secret renditions, quadrupled drone attacks, and kept Guantanamo Bay open. Voted against the Patriot Act, but then supported its extension.

Said lobbyists wouldn’t work in the White House; then gave them waivers to work there.

Vowed to take public financing for his 2008 campaign; then refused public financing when he realized he would receive more money without it.

I'm sure there is more but I don't feel like looking

TJN's photo
Wed 09/04/13 01:49 PM
It's Bush's fault. He had to have drawn that line. I mean if he would have never went after the WMD's in Iraq they would have never shipped them to Syria for them to use.

TJN's photo
Sun 09/01/13 06:04 PM
Edited by TJN on Sun 09/01/13 06:05 PM

According to the above U.S. statistics . . .

49.0% of murderers are white; 46.8% of murderers are black.

79.6% of the American population is white; 12.9% is black.

79.6% of the population is responsible for 49.0% of murders.

12.9% of the population is responsible for 46.8% of murders.

a small percentage of the 12.9 percent

and the 79.6 percent are responsible for 92.8 percent of murders,,,

huh The 79.6 percent are responsible for 92.8 percent of murders?

What statistics are you reading? Not the statistics that I posted that's for sure.

Liberal math. Do t try to figure it out it will damage your brain.

TJN's photo
Sat 08/31/13 04:18 PM

Overview
In 2011, an estimated 14,612 persons were murdered in the United States. This was a 0.7 percent decrease from the 2010 estimate, a 14.7 percent decline from the 2007 figure, and a 10.0 percent decrease from the 2002 estimate.

There were 4.7 murders per 100,000 inhabitants, a 1.5 percent decrease from the 2010 rate. Compared with the 2007 rate, the murder rate declined 17.4 percent, and compared with the 2002 rate, the murder rate decreased 16.8 percent.

Nearly 44 percent (43.6) of murders were reported in the South, the most populous region, 21.0 percent were reported in the West, 20.6 percent were reported in the Midwest, and 14.8 percent were reported in the Northeast.

Expanded murder data-Facts

www.fbi.gov

Umm I don't see anything on what races committed the murders.
But I would guess that all races murder people.

TJN's photo
Sat 08/31/13 08:08 AM
Ban cell phones! They are causing car accidents!!

TJN's photo
Sat 08/31/13 03:56 AM

Yes I read it, it's called comprehension of what you are reading not just picking bits and pieces.
Oh but what would we know about reading something in its enitierty because it wasn't done with the ACA and thus all these unintended consicuences.
So it's going to cost the family more because they will have to pay for separate single health plans instead of a family plan.
And what was their reasoning for doing this?
OK. My bad. I read the story on another site, so I didn't read it from your link. The link you provide says they won't accept the additional fee to keep the spouse on the policy. That wasn't stated in the other site I read. That's probably going to be inconvenient for those 15,000 couples. Probably another good reason to be in a union.

Lol you think it will just be those 15,000? Because no other companies will do it. UPS does have a union ever heard of the teamsters?

TJN's photo
Fri 08/30/13 05:34 PM
Yeah let's bomb Syria because they are bombing themselves. SMH

TJN's photo
Fri 08/30/13 04:05 PM

Why won't the ones who want a higher minimum wage petition their state governments to raise the minimum wages within their states?

Nothing prevents a state minimum wage from being higher than the federal minimum wage.

that would be an idea

as would be petitioning FEDERAL to make more exemptions (not every type of business is beholden to minimum wage rates) for those types of businesses they are so sure will 'suffer'

So pick winners and losers?

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25