TJN's photo
Wed 10/23/13 03:21 PM
Edited by TJN on Wed 10/23/13 03:22 PM

healthcare through employment

adult + 1 = 124 every two weeks or 248 a month

aca cost 33 per month

,,SOME WILL SAVE, SOME WILL PAY MORE

its not an absolute,,,,but many who were turned away before will no longer be

and that makes it worth it for anyone who is able to care about people beyond themselves,,,

That's your premium. What is the deductible?

What demographic is that age single/family
And where are you getting your numbers from. I've been hearing a lot about people going on sites and not getting the correct numbers.

42, non smoker, 1 child looking in my employee benefits enrollment package

Ok that's through your employer.
Where did you get the 33/month for the ACA?

subsidy calculator,, enter your salary, your age and smoking sttus

it gives you the premium

What about the deductible?
And what if you aren't eligable for a subsidy?

TJN's photo
Wed 10/23/13 03:05 PM

aca cost 33 per month

and that makes it worth it for anyone who is able to care about people beyond themselves,,,

And where are you getting your numbers from. I've been hearing a lot about people going on sites and not getting the correct numbers.

42, non smoker, 1 child looking in my employee benefits enrollment package

Ok that's through your employer.
Where did you get the 33/month for the ACA?

TJN's photo
Wed 10/23/13 07:25 AM

aca cost 33 per month

TJN's photo
Tue 10/22/13 05:50 PM

aca cost 33 per month

TJN's photo
Tue 10/22/13 05:38 PM
Edited by TJN on Tue 10/22/13 05:40 PM
The jobs # for September was 148,000 jobs added give to take a few I don't remember the exact #

Your guys numbers are
Part time jobs down 594,000 full time up 691,000
That doesn't seem to make sense to me. But what do I know

This guy was just throwing numbers all over the place. I think he may have confused himself.

This part makes absolutely no sense at all

"That isn’t what’s happening. The share of part-timers who say they usually work between 30 and 34 hours at their main job has been roughly flat over the past three years, at about 28%. (September data aren’t yet available.) If anything, it’s actually risen in the past year, though the change has been minor. The share working just under 30 hours has indeed risen somewhat, but the share working under 25 hours has fallen—suggesting that employers are giving part-timers more hours, rather than cutting full-timers’ hours back."

This just states that part time workers are getting more hours. They however are still part time workers.
Has nothing to do with full time jobs hours being cut back to part time hours.

I think I hurt my brain reading that article. And then confused myself trying to make any kind of sense in my post.

TJN's photo
Sat 10/19/13 11:43 AM

The link in the OP is dead.

They probably took down the story, because of the nonsense you just posted. A GPLv2 license means that the software is basically free to use. The attribution would be for the case of selling the software made from the software in the GPL. If you simply use the software in your own product, and then don't charge for that software, then no worries. If you sell software including the GPLv2 software, then you pay some to the guys who wrote it.

Not surprised that Conservatives are grasping at straws for things to complain about. Just wish you knew what you were talking about.

No, it was reported on national news that the copyright was violated. You should check out the facts before spouting garbage.

Facts?
Sheeple don't need no stinking facts.

TJN's photo
Fri 10/18/13 04:17 AM

I believe there is a balance. Each person has the cognitive power over each and every choice they make. However, experiences vary drastically depending on upbringing and social status. Self-made, to me, refers to someone who independently disciplines themselves to think and act over the social stimuli that may be holding them back.

true, and that makes it much easier for some to become 'self made' than others,, depending upon the preponderance of such 'social stimuli'

How does it make it "easier for some"?

Are you saying it's the drive of the INDIVIDUAL to make something of themselves?
If it was EASY then all in the same social environment would all be successful.

no, let me give an example

if a person has , let say, heart problems,,,it may be harder for them to run a 5k marathon than one who is healthy to begin with

although not all healthy people can run a 5k marathon?

why, because not all healthy people will do the work or have the interest

that does nothing to change though, that if both of the above are willing to work and are interested,,,,the one with the heart problem will have to work 'harder' and still maybe not finish the race,,,

similarly, plenty of people are born into circumstances that provide them advantage over others and they do nothing with it

others though, who do something with it have those advantages over someone who is trying to do something with close to nothing and close to no advantages,,,

and even the ones who may be working equally as hard as those with advantages, may still not reach the level that the one starting out ahead can,,,,

Apples to onions
Obviously a person with heart problems isn't going to be a track athlete.
You're kind of proving my point.
Yes some are born into certain advantages but it's still the individual who makes themselves who they are.
Not all born with a silver spoon make something of themselves.

TJN's photo
Thu 10/17/13 05:22 PM

I believe there is a balance. Each person has the cognitive power over each and every choice they make. However, experiences vary drastically depending on upbringing and social status. Self-made, to me, refers to someone who independently disciplines themselves to think and act over the social stimuli that may be holding them back.

true, and that makes it much easier for some to become 'self made' than others,, depending upon the preponderance of such 'social stimuli'

How does it make it "easier for some"?

Are you saying it's the drive of the INDIVIDUAL to make something of themselves?
If it was EASY then all in the same social environment would all be successful.

TJN's photo
Thu 10/17/13 04:17 AM
Only to do it all over again January 15th.
What a joke!
How about permanent solutions instead of kicking the can down the road for another day.
I wouldn't call it back to doing their jobs. They haven't been doing their job for some time now. Had they been doing their job we wouldn't have been in this situation.

TJN's photo
Wed 10/16/13 05:26 PM
We are a product of our environment. But each individual is different and learns differently from our environment.
So I would say that society does have some part. But it's the individual themselves that makes them who they are.

TJN's photo
Wed 10/16/13 01:33 PM

Why would so many people who are just trying to feed their children want to steal food in such a frenzy? They must have been really hungry.

we don't really have a number of how many were 'stealing',,,

its possible to fill a cart without having to steal anything

but fortunately, those responsible will be held responsible...

Oh come on. You know all of them were stealing.
Did you see the video and pics of the shelves empty?
That doesn't happen on the 1st of the month when the cards are reloaded.
And after they found out the system was back up and running the slobs left all the full carts in the isles. You gonna tell me that they all had enough on their cards to buy what was in their carts? If so why leave them?

TJN's photo
Mon 10/14/13 01:22 PM

EBT benefit card glitch sparks Walmart shopping sprees in Louisiana

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57607332/ebt-benefit-card-glitch-sparks-walmart-shopping-sprees-in-louisiana/

It doesn't surprise me that once word got out this happened.
People learn they can get something for FREE this happens.

I wouldn't call it a shopping spree I would call it THEFT!
that's all it comes down to. These people knew they didn't have the money on their cards yet they went anyway and STOLE from the government.

I also think part of the blame should be on Walmart. They knew the EBT program was down yet they continued to make the transactions knowing the government will pay them.

What happened to HONESTY in this country?
Makes me sick seeing people abusing the system and a company letting it happen.

the truth of it is, people did have the card to purchase food, there is no telling how much 'theft' happened as opposed to how many actually stuck to their spending limits

the purchases will still be recorded to their cards and Im not doubting anyone guilty of fraud will be cut from benefits,,,,

you know what your spending limit is,,,even if the machine doesn't,,,,

So you think they are going to spend millions more to prosecute violators? laugh

I know they will, I used to work in a government office,,,they take it very seriously,,,and IM not sure it will take MILLIONS TO PROSECUTE,,

Yep, this admin will go after the people long before anyone responsible will ever see a punishment handed down on them!

And millions, probably more.....gov't loves to spend the peoples money and can come up with all kinds of ingenious ways to do so..... like obozocare!

no, OBAMA doesn't personally have a hand in any of it

its a federal and state program with funding from both federal and state, by virtue of it being fraud on a FEDERAL level, it causes a persons future earnings, taxes, or benefits to be at risk until they settle their debt

its not a typical drawn out CIVIL type of prosecution deal

its the gov saying, you owe us, till you pay us, you get nothing else from us and we will find ways to get back from you what you owe,,
soooome Prosecution that is!laugh

its not about the prosecution, its about retrieving the funds,,,

and its a more reasonable, less costly way to do it,,,

And just how do you "retrieve the funds" from those who are dependent on the government?
You can't take from one handout to pay for the other. It's just a loss.
Unless the government can recover money from Walmart for knowingly accept EBT cards while the system wasn't working correctly.
Wouldn't that make Walmart an accessory to the crime?

simple math,, if someone was getting 300 per month on assistance

that's 3600 a year,,, if they are foolish enough to steal say,,,1000 worth of food,, gove is out 1000, but all benefits then stop, so, instead of having paid another 3600 to that person, they pay only 1000 AND when that person does begin to work (And they will since average time on is less than 3 years),,, that debt will still remain and when one most expects that credit or refund , they will pay it instead,,,

So it's thieves among the people and not a bad entitlement policy that is to blame? Or do we revert to racism, repulsivecons and Bush for making it that way in the first place?

I have no clue what the relevance of this is,, seriously, like MOST the time,,

thieves exist period,, policies aren't going to get rid of them, good or bad

people use credit cards and debit cards and they are also victims of fraud from thieves

so yes, if someone chooses to abuse a system or policy, its that persons CHARACTER being responsible,,, plain and simple,,

dishonest people have existed long before Obama, Bush, democrats, republicans or even dixiecrats,,,

So you agree then that Obozo should be brought up on charges for his habitual over budget spending habits and his efforts to bankrupt America as a nation by running us into debt we can't ever hope to pay?

wth? when did I mention over budget spending habits (congress sets budget limits, not presidents, they only agree or veto)

or bankrupting America, or (continiuing) to increase the debt , a reality that every president in my lifetime has been a part of,,

so,, no,, the congress needs to do their jobs, there is no singular individual to lay the increasing debt of the last several DECADES on,,,

It's like you yourself said. Obama could have vetoed everything that came across his desk that added to the deficit.
He didn't therefore why would he not be responsible?

TJN's photo
Mon 10/14/13 12:05 PM

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57607332/ebt-benefit-card-glitch-sparks-walmart-shopping-sprees-in-louisiana/

that's all it comes down to. These people knew they didn't have the money on their cards yet they went anyway and STOLE from the government.

I also think part of the blame should be on Walmart. They knew the EBT program was down yet they continued to make the transactions knowing the government will pay them.

the truth of it is, people did have the card to purchase food, there is no telling how much 'theft' happened as opposed to how many actually stuck to their spending limits

the purchases will still be recorded to their cards and Im not doubting anyone guilty of fraud will be cut from benefits,,,,

So you think they are going to spend millions more to prosecute violators? laugh

I know they will, I used to work in a government office,,,they take it very seriously,,,and IM not sure it will take MILLIONS TO PROSECUTE,,

Yep, this admin will go after the people long before anyone responsible will ever see a punishment handed down on them!

And millions, probably more.....gov't loves to spend the peoples money and can come up with all kinds of ingenious ways to do so..... like obozocare!

its a federal and state program with funding from both federal and state, by virtue of it being fraud on a FEDERAL level, it causes a persons future earnings, taxes, or benefits to be at risk until they settle their debt

its the gov saying, you owe us, till you pay us, you get nothing else from us and we will find ways to get back from you what you owe,,

And just how do you "retrieve the funds" from those who are dependent on the government?
Unless the government can recover money from Walmart for knowingly accept EBT cards while the system wasn't working correctly.

simple math,, if someone was getting 300 per month on assistance

that's 3600 a year,,, if they are foolish enough to steal say,,,1000 worth of food,, gove is out 1000, but all benefits then stop, so, instead of having paid another 3600 to that person, they pay only 1000 AND when that person does begin to work (And they will since average time on is less than 3 years),,, that debt will still remain and when one most expects that credit or refund , they will pay it instead,,,

That's laughable.
I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

TJN's photo
Mon 10/14/13 11:55 AM

TJN's photo
Mon 10/14/13 11:15 AM
Edited by TJN on Mon 10/14/13 11:18 AM

I would bet a years pay that everyone with a cart full spent over their limit.
Did you see the full carts left in the isles when they found out the system was working again?
Everyone of them knew they didn't have enough on their card to purchase what was in the cart. And they just left them in the isles.
None of the people that did this have any respect for anything.
It's utterly disgusting.
And then those defending those who stole the food doesn't make it any better.
Makes it very hard to have faith in the human race when acts like this happen.

TJN's photo
Mon 10/14/13 10:42 AM
Seeing how people act with something as small as this I would hate to see the scene if our government did collapse.

Makes the Doomsday preppers seem normal. May have to look into that.

TJN's photo
Mon 10/14/13 10:31 AM

TJN's photo
Fri 10/11/13 04:26 PM
Edited by TJN on Fri 10/11/13 04:35 PM

repubs are saying 'everything but' something that is ALREADY LAW

dems are not negotiating AGAINST What is already law,, buty repubs want to blackmail their way in the back door to try to reverse what has already successfully been upheld,,,

it would have been like dixiecrats passing a bill to pay the bills IF we defund segregated schools and then blaming others for telling them to bugger off,,,,

And the Second Ammendment is ALREADY A LAW
Has been for over 200 years yet democrats keep wanting to change that.
The republicans have given 4 different bill to the senate. The last three had nothin to do with defunding the ACA.
The last one I believe the republicans wanted to do away with the medical device tax and do away with congress getting a 72% subsidy for ACA.

I don't believe you, point me to where I can read the allaged proposals that leave out the ACA,,,?

or where repubs want to actually give up their 'subsidies'

Last week, the House passed a bill to completely defund the health law. When the Senate rejected it, the House passed another version that would have abolished a tax on medical devices and delayed the law for a year. When the Senate rejected that, House Republicans passed another bill that would have delayed the individual mandate and revoked health insurance subsidies for congressional staffers. After the Senate said no to that, the clock ran out and the government shut down. That’s when the House asked for private negotiations — surprise, the Senate turned that down — and that’s where the parties stand now.

http://news.yahoo.com/government-shutdown-day-one-142635628.html

Or is yahoo not a credible source according to you?

TJN's photo
Fri 10/11/13 07:00 AM

repubs are saying 'everything but' something that is ALREADY LAW

dems are not negotiating AGAINST What is already law,, buty repubs want to blackmail their way in the back door to try to reverse what has already successfully been upheld,,,

it would have been like dixiecrats passing a bill to pay the bills IF we defund segregated schools and then blaming others for telling them to bugger off,,,,

And the Second Ammendment is ALREADY A LAW
Has been for over 200 years yet democrats keep wanting to change that.
The republicans have given 4 different bill to the senate. The last three had nothin to do with defunding the ACA.
The last one I believe the republicans wanted to do away with the medical device tax and do away with congress getting a 72% subsidy for ACA.

TJN's photo
Thu 10/10/13 08:34 AM
The government paid over $600 million for the ACA website.
One would think for that price and the 3 years they have had to make the site it could handle the amount of traffic it is getting without shutting down.
They can't even build a site for the ACA what makes you think they can run our healthcare?

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25