Community > Posts By > TJN

TJN's photo
Fri 11/09/12 01:04 PM

Considering too that a Republican site on Facebook posted a post encouraging all conservative business owners to lay off one employee who voted for Obama preferably in order to make a point against the president, I would think they might be doing it for other reasons than because of a financial difficulty.

But I sure do hope that voters remember this type of thing too as it is very Non American worker and supporter to even suggest such a thing during a recession.

On another site, people are talking about how employers should lay off liberals. There are several people saying they've never hired liberals and won't be doing so in the future. They actually want to see liberals lose their jobs. How sad. Then, of course, they will complain when people are on unemployment.

For one that is against the law.
And that's not why the companies in the OP are doing it.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/09/12 12:25 PM

Got a less biased site than Glenn Beck's site? This also doesn't tell me the answer to my question. Are the employers who are laying off people because of health care actually paying their employees enough to afford health care?

You kill me with complaints if biased sites.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/nov/8/picket-companies-plan-massive-layoffs-obamacare-be/

Or you can google
companies laying off in 2012
I'm not going to cut and paste them all.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/09/12 11:30 AM

I'm curious about these companies that are laying off people so they don't have to provide health insurance. Are they paying their employees enough so that they can afford their own health insurance?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-many-businesses-have-announced-closings-or-lay-offs-since-obama-won-a-second-term/
Did you even read why they are laying off?
It's not so they don't have to provide insurance.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/09/12 11:11 AM

Yes, please do. If you haven't seen the job market, almost every job is part-time (if you can even find one), and has no real benefits.

And the job market isn't directly the Presidents doing at all, though, right?

If you remember your civics class from school.

The job market is a direct result of an almost Depression that the President prevented from happening when he came in office. Which took years of non regulation and bad decisions by our congress to create. I like to blame Dimwit (Bush) for fun for it but he didn't directly cause it either. And is now the end of a Recession which causes employment to be scarce still.

Congress had the opportunity to help jobs but chose to make the president a one term president instead causing many people to suffer longer.

Hell, even ole Mittwit said he needed 8 to 10 years to create jobs that the government doesn't help create, though, right?

The health care bill is not what it should have been, universal care, that Americans should have had a long time ago, being the top nation on the planet and all....but it will help many people and when the dust settles and we revamp it a bit as time goes it will continue to help.

Didn't Boehner and other conservatives campaign on jobs? Yet they didn't do anything other than try to make the President a one term President. Let's see if they'll actually start to do something now that their wish didn't happen.

What's happening whit these companies having to lay off employees is a direct reflection of this administrations policies. That's what conservatives were trying to stop.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/09/12 10:02 AM

Companies are giving notices to employees that they will be layed off.
Because of the impending taxes and costs of the affordable healthcare act companies are laying people of in droves.
Way to go America.

Evidence?

Do some goggle searches. Then you can say you heard it hear first.
But I know most wont look for it so here's a link

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-many-businesses-have-announced-closings-or-lay-offs-since-obama-won-a-second-term/

Right wing source here that would not post that business was doing well under the President if it killed them not to....

The site makes no difference. It just happened to be the first one when I did a goggle search. There are many other site that have the same info.

So much rhetoric. It is a few days after the election, and people are REACTING. Reacting is a negative response.

If people would just stop reacting and try to develop a more positive innovative approach everything would change.

Instead PEOPLE REACT IN FEAR.

That is not productive, it is destructive. People BLAME BLAME BLAME rather than taking some responsibility. People hold out their hands and make demands rather than get up off of their couches and do something.

What rhetoric?
It fact that these companies are laying off because of this administrations tax plan and the affordable healthcare act.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/09/12 09:34 AM

Because of the impending taxes and costs of the affordable healthcare act companies are laying people of in droves.
Way to go America.

Evidence?

Right wing source here that would not post that business was doing well under the President if it killed them not to....

The site makes no difference. It just happened to be the first one when I did a goggle search. There are many other site that have the same info.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/09/12 08:36 AM
Edited by TJN on Fri 11/09/12 08:39 AM

Way to go America.

Evidence?

TJN's photo
Fri 11/09/12 08:35 AM

So you weren't worrying about people losing jobs due to outsourcing, but now you're in a panic because employers will need to start providing health care to their employees?

Do some research and stop listening to propaganda.
It's the fact that increased taxes on companies, and those that don't provide healthcare aren't going because its cheaper to pay the fines than provide healthcare.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/09/12 07:42 AM
Way to go America.

TJN's photo
Thu 11/08/12 09:17 AM
http://youtu.be/EDxOSjgl5Z4
I voted for the wrong rich white guy.

TJN's photo
Sat 11/03/12 06:22 PM

Ron Paul - FTW!!

Racist laugh

TJN's photo
Sat 11/03/12 06:19 PM

President Barack Obama added a little barb to the end of a trademark refrain on Friday, telling voters that they could get "revenge" on GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney by voting next week.
Speaking in Springfield, at one of three Ohio events, Obama began telling a story about a younger Romney, then a Massachusetts Senate candidate, who had campaigned against former President Bill Clinton's economic platform in the 1990s. As soon as the president mentioned Romney's name, the crowd began to boo.
“No, no, no, Don't boo. Vote,” Obama told the crowd. “Voting is the best revenge.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/11/02/obama-revenge-romney_n_2067459.html

Another non presidential act from Obama.
Revenge for what?
I thought the president was supposed to bring us together?
I would call him an imbicile but then I would get attacked by some in here so I won't say it.

Then I will do it for ya'
Hussein is a jackass and imbecile.

laugh you racist

TJN's photo
Sat 11/03/12 06:17 PM

I was walking with my girlfriend and her niece and her dogs along the shore of Lake Erie last evening.

Her niece is a single mom who was abandoned by her boyfriend 6 months pregnant. She is a cute girl with a quick wit.

We could see the lights from Canada across the lake.

She said " Its like a beacon of hope I hear t hey have healthcare over there.laugh

If you would have kept walking a little farther you could have showed her the waiting line to be seen.

TJN's photo
Sat 11/03/12 06:04 PM
Edited by TJN on Sat 11/03/12 06:05 PM
President Barack Obama added a little barb to the end of a trademark refrain on Friday, telling voters that they could get "revenge" on GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney by voting next week.
Speaking in Springfield, at one of three Ohio events, Obama began telling a story about a younger Romney, then a Massachusetts Senate candidate, who had campaigned against former President Bill Clinton's economic platform in the 1990s. As soon as the president mentioned Romney's name, the crowd began to boo.
“No, no, no, Don't boo. Vote,” Obama told the crowd. “Voting is the best revenge.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/11/02/obama-revenge-romney_n_2067459.html

Another non presidential act from Obama.
Revenge for what?
I thought the president was supposed to bring us together?
I would call him an imbicile but then I would get attacked by some in here so I won't say it.

TJN's photo
Sat 11/03/12 09:47 AM
Funny I didn't see where it said he paid no taxes.
Guess he must be one of the "47%ers"
Wonder if he will vote for Obama then?

TJN's photo
Fri 11/02/12 05:13 PM

If this was volunteer work then that's one thing. If it was paid labor then I see nothing wrong with this. Natural catastrophe or not, union agreements need to be honored. The union I used to be in had an article in their agreement which stated that any work that can be done in house must remain in house and be performed by members of the bargaining unit. This was for good cause because if not for this the union would have no bargaining power knowing that the corrupt-*** company could just lay us off and bring in outside guys or use their own corporate employees to do our work. It's not even completely a matter of money. Agreements are highly detailed documents which outline the working conditions, how employees are to be treated, what the company and the workers can and can not do, etc. This document is reviewed, revised, and voted on by both sides before it is signed and once signed must be abided by. If the company is allowed to get away with violating any part of the agreement then it is a worthless piece of paper and there might as well not even be a union.

So you'd rather see people homeless and without food and water for a PO her period of time?
Good looking out.

PO her? Not sure what you were trying to type. Anyway, as I said, if this was volunteer help then due to the circumstances the union should've dropped the red tape and let them help. However if these were paid contractors trying to work on union soil then it's just a matter of the city or the company trying to capitalize on the situation and bring in cheap labor and I'm glad they didn't get away with it. You mean to tell me that the nearest outfit they could get to come up and work was from Alabama? I find that hard to believe, more likely they were specifically chosen. Of course I don't know all of the specifics and could be wrong. If I'm reading into this correctly though then I stand by everything I said above.

That was suposed to be longer period of time.
Alabama isn't the only place where crews are coming from.
It shouldn't matter union or not when it comes to the safety and welfare of people. You do what it takes to clean up and restore.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/02/12 11:46 AM

If this was volunteer work then that's one thing. If it was paid labor then I see nothing wrong with this. Natural catastrophe or not, union agreements need to be honored. The union I used to be in had an article in their agreement which stated that any work that can be done in house must remain in house and be performed by members of the bargaining unit. This was for good cause because if not for this the union would have no bargaining power knowing that the corrupt-*** company could just lay us off and bring in outside guys or use their own corporate employees to do our work. It's not even completely a matter of money. Agreements are highly detailed documents which outline the working conditions, how employees are to be treated, what the company and the workers can and can not do, etc. This document is reviewed, revised, and voted on by both sides before it is signed and once signed must be abided by. If the company is allowed to get away with violating any part of the agreement then it is a worthless piece of paper and there might as well not even be a union.

So you'd rather see people homeless and without food and water for a PO her period of time?
Good looking out.

TJN's photo
Wed 10/31/12 04:02 PM

I want candy! :tongue:

I know candy. She works Thursday nights at that one strip club. Not that I would know. Someone told me.

TJN's photo
Tue 10/30/12 09:17 PM

He just doesn't want a pic of him telling or troops to stand down while he was cheering on his Muslim brothers murdering Americans.

huh His Muslim brothers?

Dude, put down the kool-aid.

Whatever buddy

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
-Barak Obama

Would you care to back up that alleged quote with a source?

Read Obamas book

Obviously you didn't read it, or you would know that it doesn't say what you believe it says. See my previous post.

I know what it says. Who else would be have been talking about besides Muslims?
That's off topic anyway.

Why won't he tell the truth? Who gave orders to stand down?

You posted a false quote attributed to President Obama, and now you are trying to spin your way out of it.

He was speaking about the internment camps Japanese were put in during WWII and how he will stand with them should things like that start happening again.
IMO he was speaking of Muslims because he was talking about the after ath of 9/11.

Again it's off topic.
Feel fre to comment about the OP.
but don't not pic one sentance I wrote because I'm pissed that we are being lied to and told stories of videos causing a protest. That's by the way was BS.

You said, "He just doesn't want a pic of him telling or troops to stand down while he was cheering on his Muslim brothers murdering Americans."

You made the outrageous false claim that President Obama "was cheering on his Muslim brothers murdering Americans."

It is one thing to want the all of the facts to be made public. It is another thing to make a false accusation against a person.

Ok slap me on the wrist.
But it's ok for the president to make a false claim that a person who made a video is at fault for 4 Americans being murdered?

TJN's photo
Tue 10/30/12 08:56 PM

He just doesn't want a pic of him telling or troops to stand down while he was cheering on his Muslim brothers murdering Americans.

huh His Muslim brothers?

Dude, put down the kool-aid.

Whatever buddy

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
-Barak Obama

Would you care to back up that alleged quote with a source?

Read Obamas book

Obviously you didn't read it, or you would know that it doesn't say what you believe it says. See my previous post.

I know what it says. Who else would be have been talking about besides Muslims?
That's off topic anyway.

Why won't he tell the truth? Who gave orders to stand down?

You posted a false quote attributed to President Obama, and now you are trying to spin your way out of it.

He was speaking about the internment camps Japanese were put in during WWII and how he will stand with them should things like that start happening again.
IMO he was speaking of Muslims because he was talking about the after ath of 9/11.

Again it's off topic.
Feel fre to comment about the OP.
but don't not pic one sentance I wrote because I'm pissed that we are being lied to and told stories of videos causing a protest. That's by the way was BS.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25