Community > Posts By > TJN

TJN's photo
Wed 10/17/12 09:53 AM

Out of touch. What does that mean? out of touch to you may not be to others.

out of touch to struggling women, to impoverished, to the middle class

he has had little connection or history with ANY of those demographics throughout his life

he has interest in the profiteers for which it has been his career to remain one of,,,

OBama has profited too, but he has not ALWAYS been a profiteer and has not always worked FOR profiteers,,,
he has more connection to 'common' obstacles and issues,,

The above sums it up nicely....Romney belongs to a class who do not know nor care how the vast majority of people live.

They are divorced from reality.

What gets me is people who vote for these candidates somehow believe that they are being represented.

How can a filthy rich person represent a person who is working their arse off and barely keeping their heads above water?.

Get Real folks....You are not and probably never will belong to Romneys Club.

Its a rich mans club and ain't phucking in it....pure and simple.

If you can't bring yourself to vote for Obama, don't bother to vote.

HAHAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh I needed that.
But no thanks on your advise.
I'll continue to think for myself.

TJN's photo
Wed 10/17/12 07:38 AM
Neither of them really answered any of the questions. And when Lybia was brought up Obama lied and the "moderator" was in Obamas back pocket and lied for him also.

TJN's photo
Wed 10/17/12 04:43 AM
How about they focus on oh I don't know TEACHING STUDENTS!!!!

TJN's photo
Wed 10/17/12 04:25 AM

You did forget that(some members of congress) their pact on inauguration day was to make sure that he failed at anything he tried to do, right

"pay attention to where he says

some have said it was INDELICATE of me to suggest that our top priority should be to deny obama a second term"

I fail to see where wanting Obama to not win a second term is the same as making sure he fails.

lol

ummm,,,,well, not winning a second term is failing,,, isnt it?

focusing on someones election as opposed to the countries problems seems like misplaced priorities to me,,,

So then you would say the democrats want the rebublicans to fail when they hold the office if the president.

no, I would not say that,, I havent heard any democrats specifically site that as their priority,,especieally none at the level of a SPEAKER of the house

I still didn't see where he said he wanted the president to fail.
And after he said this

"some have said it was INDELICATE of me to suggest that our top priority should be to deny obama a second term"

Did you listen to what he said?
It was about repealing the healthcare bill, end the bailouts, cut spending, and to shrink the size and scope of government. The way to do that is to not give Obama a second term.

Way to spin the 40 seconds of YouTube video you posted.

hear what you want to hear,,,,he didnt say his priority was repealing healthcare or end bailouts or cut spending (all things that could be worked out in congress with the CURRENT president)

he said his priority was denying obama a second term

Ok but where did he say he wanted Obama to fail?

TJN's photo
Tue 10/16/12 07:37 PM

You did forget that(some members of congress) their pact on inauguration day was to make sure that he failed at anything he tried to do, right

some have said it was INDELICATE of me to suggest that our top priority should be to deny obama a second term"

I fail to see where wanting Obama to not win a second term is the same as making sure he fails.

lol

focusing on someones election as opposed to the countries problems seems like misplaced priorities to me,,,

So then you would say the democrats want the rebublicans to fail when they hold the office if the president.

no, I would not say that,, I havent heard any democrats specifically site that as their priority,,especieally none at the level of a SPEAKER of the house

I still didn't see where he said he wanted the president to fail.
And after he said this

"some have said it was INDELICATE of me to suggest that our top priority should be to deny obama a second term"

Did you listen to what he said?
It was about repealing the healthcare bill, end the bailouts, cut spending, and to shrink the size and scope of government. The way to do that is to not give Obama a second term.

Way to spin the 40 seconds of YouTube video you posted.

TJN's photo
Tue 10/16/12 06:45 PM
Edited by TJN on Tue 10/16/12 06:46 PM

TJN's photo
Tue 10/16/12 06:45 PM

lol

TJN's photo
Tue 10/16/12 03:54 PM

TJN's photo
Thu 10/11/12 12:00 PM
Edited by TJN on Thu 10/11/12 12:00 PM

or, on the contrary

get rid of social services
get rid of education
get rid of medicare
get rid of healthcare
get rid of big bird
SAVE outsourcing, big business,,,,and uberrich entitlements

"but it is symbolic of politics in general, it gets tiring keeping up with all the gossip and unproven allegations and spin,,,etc,,, "

You post about unproven allegations then you post some? Hypocrisy?

TJN's photo
Sat 10/06/12 11:19 AM

I see the majority of what I hear from democrats as being more concerned with fair and equality for all citizens.

Republicans promote fairness and equal opportunity for all people. They want a level playing field for everyone.

Yet, equal opportunity and a level playing field don't guarantee equal results. The only way to guarantee equal results (to the best of my knowledge) is to redefine what is fair so that it is no longer fair.

we will agree to disagree here, I just dont hear that sentiment from Republican politicians in the forefront

Do you ever listen to them? Or just the spin put out by the MSM and democrats?

TJN's photo
Wed 10/03/12 10:26 AM
I would hope not Mormon. Don't like the whole cult issue with that religion

TJN's photo
Wed 10/03/12 09:35 AM
So reverend Wright showed Obama Jesus. I'm guessing that's when he became a "Christian"
Was he Muslim before that?

TJN's photo
Tue 10/02/12 09:45 AM

what

how are birthers and economics related?

The point is about the general concept of people and false beliefs not in the specific examples used to demonstrate the general concept. For example, if you believe that Obama is a communist, then you demonstrate your ignorance of what Communism is and have a false belief (either that or you do not have the guts to admit that you are in fact a bourgeoisie, like that British politician who just got in trouble for calling someone a prolly-proletratian). I am sorry but some of this stuff is starting to give me the right royal red-azz.

Then instead of attacking people post facts that are related to the topic and enlighten us.

TJN's photo
Tue 10/02/12 09:42 AM

Have you read the Romney-Ryan tax plan? These guys must be COMMUNISTS! They want to redistribute a massive amount of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy class!

That just shows you haven't read the plan.
If you look into it and don't buy into the MSM propaganda you would learn it cuts taxes 20% for everyone and closes loopholes for the rich.

Why some of us refuse to face facts (yes, 'birthers,' that includes you)

John Moore / Getty Images
Even state records aren't enough to deter some in their beliefs, as evidenced by this billboard.

By Bill Briggs, NBC News contributor
Here’s the delicious irony of this post: Some of you will disagree with the content. Strongly. Vehemently. Passionately.
Angrily.
You are wrong, according to the facts. Yet you maintain a death-grip mental hold on some untrue myths. And you refuse to surrender your unshakable belief – even when evidence is presented to the contrary. Why? Well, it’s basically how our brains work when it comes to persuasive urban legends and fabrications that perfectly suit our worldviews, according to a new report published in Psychological Science in the Public Interest, a journal for the Association for Psychological Science. Simply put: it’s cognitively easier for our minds to trust a lie – if it supports our deepest convictions – than it is to reject information that requires some mental sweat to assess.
Advertise | AdChoices

The report, which explains why some pieces of misinformation are so “sticky,” was authored by a cognitive scientist and three psychology professors.
Let’s jump right in, shall we?
President Barack Obama was born in the United States.
We don’t have to take Obama’s word for this. In late May, Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett – who has served on Republican Mitt Romney’s campaign – received state records from Hawaii. The information verified that on Aug. 4, 1961, a young woman gave birth to a baby boy in a hospital at 1611 Bingham St. in Honolulu, and that boy grew up to be elected the 44th president. The documentation, in turn, convinced Bennett to allow the president’s name to be placed on the November ballot in Arizona.
But the doubters – “birthers” – still call it crap. This is the authors' first example of misinformation that, for some, cannot be unstuck.
“You can look at it from the point of view of the people that first raised the question: They want something that would invalidate this candidate,” said Colleen Seifert, an Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Psychology at the University of Michigan, and one of the report’s authors. “So if it were true, they say it would be so great because it would solve this problem for them. But it’s really not true. So they keep clinging to it because they don’t have an alternative that is equally damning or that equally would change the playing field.”
Unbelievers: We are not nearly finished grinding your gears.
The report next cites two more pieces of information as incontrovertible facts: climate change is occurring and vaccines do not cause autism.
Some parents of autistic children are sure that childhood shots changed their kids’ brains. That has led other parents to become wary of inoculations.
“You can imagine (vaccines) as a cause and it fits really well with the situation because that’s when they had the shots and that’s when you started noticing your child was different,” Seifert said. “It all kind of makes sense. It’s a great package.
“But if they look at the statistics and ask themselves: Well, every child gets a vaccine, why is it only some of them would get autism from it? That has got to cause some cognitive conflict in order for those parents to recognize that and believe it’s not true,” Seifert said. “But it’s so good, it should be true. And they don’t have an alternative that would completely fit it so well."
Her research has shown that unless you can give people an alternative fact “that fills that causal hole,” they will cling to the old belief.
Sometimes, however, even cold facts won’t budge some folks off their stubborn perch. Earth is warming – and we’re doing it. Need confirmation? In late June, ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson acknowledged that burning of fossil fuels is heating the planet. If an oil guy is going to own it, well, it seems sort of tough to keep your head buried in the oil shale on this issue.
Skeptics, however, call all this hot-and-bothered talk “junk science.”
According to the authors of the “sticky misinformation” report, that’s partly because the doubters all get around in vehicles.
“As you can imagine,” Seifert said, “there would be inconsistencies in their own lives: I drive a combustion car so I don’t want to admit that what we’re doing is causing harm to the earth. It’s the maintaining of this inconsistency internally – if my value is that I want to keep doing what I’m doing then anything that threatens that world view, I reject.”
Now back to even more delicate ground, the election, where this past summer Romney used Obama’s birth heritage as a stump speech quip.
Advertise | AdChoices

If hospital records won’t quell the “birthers” – won’t, as the psychologists like to say, “fill the hole” of truth – what in the name of science will it take to satisfy them?
What will allow the president’s opponents to say, in Seifert’s words: “Now, we’ve got something on him; he’s caught cold and it fits our view of him that he’s not fit for the presidency.”
What would that be? You already know one answer.
“A blue dress,” Seifert said, “hanging in some intern’s office.”

Generally when you quote someone you respond to what was said.
I have no idea how that relates to anything in this thread.

It was my polite way of saying that you appear to be as balanced as Linsey Lohan walking home from Snoop Dogg's house at 3am. The Nobel winner in economics has a new book out why don't you read it, or is that too MSM for you?
Thanks for the personal attack.
I could read 4 books from 4 diferent economists and and have 4 diferent outcomes.
Post a link to the book and maybe I'll read it.

TJN's photo
Tue 10/02/12 09:03 AM

what

I have no idea. Glad to see I'm not the only one he confused.

TJN's photo
Tue 10/02/12 09:03 AM

what

I have no idea. Glad to see I'm not the only one he confused.

TJN's photo
Mon 10/01/12 11:31 AM

Have you read the Romney-Ryan tax plan? These guys must be COMMUNISTS! They want to redistribute a massive amount of wealth from the middle class to the wealthy class!

If you look into it and don't buy into the MSM propaganda you would learn it cuts taxes 20% for everyone and closes loopholes for the rich.

Why some of us refuse to face facts (yes, 'birthers,' that includes you)

John Moore / Getty Images
Even state records aren't enough to deter some in their beliefs, as evidenced by this billboard.

By Bill Briggs, NBC News contributor
Here’s the delicious irony of this post: Some of you will disagree with the content. Strongly. Vehemently. Passionately.
Angrily.
You are wrong, according to the facts. Yet you maintain a death-grip mental hold on some untrue myths. And you refuse to surrender your unshakable belief – even when evidence is presented to the contrary. Why? Well, it’s basically how our brains work when it comes to persuasive urban legends and fabrications that perfectly suit our worldviews, according to a new report published in Psychological Science in the Public Interest, a journal for the Association for Psychological Science. Simply put: it’s cognitively easier for our minds to trust a lie – if it supports our deepest convictions – than it is to reject information that requires some mental sweat to assess.
Advertise | AdChoices

The report, which explains why some pieces of misinformation are so “sticky,” was authored by a cognitive scientist and three psychology professors.
Let’s jump right in, shall we?
President Barack Obama was born in the United States.
We don’t have to take Obama’s word for this. In late May, Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett – who has served on Republican Mitt Romney’s campaign – received state records from Hawaii. The information verified that on Aug. 4, 1961, a young woman gave birth to a baby boy in a hospital at 1611 Bingham St. in Honolulu, and that boy grew up to be elected the 44th president. The documentation, in turn, convinced Bennett to allow the president’s name to be placed on the November ballot in Arizona.
But the doubters – “birthers” – still call it crap. This is the authors' first example of misinformation that, for some, cannot be unstuck.
“You can look at it from the point of view of the people that first raised the question: They want something that would invalidate this candidate,” said Colleen Seifert, an Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Psychology at the University of Michigan, and one of the report’s authors. “So if it were true, they say it would be so great because it would solve this problem for them. But it’s really not true. So they keep clinging to it because they don’t have an alternative that is equally damning or that equally would change the playing field.”
Unbelievers: We are not nearly finished grinding your gears.
The report next cites two more pieces of information as incontrovertible facts: climate change is occurring and vaccines do not cause autism.
Some parents of autistic children are sure that childhood shots changed their kids’ brains. That has led other parents to become wary of inoculations.
“You can imagine (vaccines) as a cause and it fits really well with the situation because that’s when they had the shots and that’s when you started noticing your child was different,” Seifert said. “It all kind of makes sense. It’s a great package.
“But if they look at the statistics and ask themselves: Well, every child gets a vaccine, why is it only some of them would get autism from it? That has got to cause some cognitive conflict in order for those parents to recognize that and believe it’s not true,” Seifert said. “But it’s so good, it should be true. And they don’t have an alternative that would completely fit it so well."
Her research has shown that unless you can give people an alternative fact “that fills that causal hole,” they will cling to the old belief.
Sometimes, however, even cold facts won’t budge some folks off their stubborn perch. Earth is warming – and we’re doing it. Need confirmation? In late June, ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson acknowledged that burning of fossil fuels is heating the planet. If an oil guy is going to own it, well, it seems sort of tough to keep your head buried in the oil shale on this issue.
Skeptics, however, call all this hot-and-bothered talk “junk science.”
According to the authors of the “sticky misinformation” report, that’s partly because the doubters all get around in vehicles.
“As you can imagine,” Seifert said, “there would be inconsistencies in their own lives: I drive a combustion car so I don’t want to admit that what we’re doing is causing harm to the earth. It’s the maintaining of this inconsistency internally – if my value is that I want to keep doing what I’m doing then anything that threatens that world view, I reject.”
Now back to even more delicate ground, the election, where this past summer Romney used Obama’s birth heritage as a stump speech quip.
Advertise | AdChoices

If hospital records won’t quell the “birthers” – won’t, as the psychologists like to say, “fill the hole” of truth – what in the name of science will it take to satisfy them?
What will allow the president’s opponents to say, in Seifert’s words: “Now, we’ve got something on him; he’s caught cold and it fits our view of him that he’s not fit for the presidency.”
What would that be? You already know one answer.
“A blue dress,” Seifert said, “hanging in some intern’s office.”

Generally when you quote someone you respond to what was said.
I have no idea how that relates to anything in this thread.

TJN's photo
Mon 10/01/12 10:23 AM
Edited by TJN on Mon 10/01/12 10:25 AM

TJN's photo
Mon 10/01/12 10:23 AM

TJN's photo
Mon 10/01/12 10:20 AM
This is what you added
"'She has 80 names, 30 addresses, 12 Social Security cards and is collecting veteran's benefits on four non-existing deceased husbands. And she is collecting Social Security on her cards. She's got Medicaid, getting food stamps, and she is collecting welfare under each of her names.'

perpetuating an alleged 'welfare queen' that has yet to be proven to have ever existed,, made people feel 'good about themself?

HOGWASH

2. I do not like them, because they both display bigotry overtly, as in the case of Harvard Professor Louis Gates, when he accused the Cambridge Police of acting stupidly, and her code speak pursuant to now being able too be proud of America .

'code speak'

could this be 'code speak' too,,,?

"Reagan arrived in Philadelphia, Mississippi. Speaking at the Neshoba County Fair, just a few miles from the earthen dam where the bodies of the three civil rights activists had been buried in 1964, Reagan reassured an enthusiastic audience of 10,000 people that "I believe in states' rights."33 Reagan promised, if elected, to "restore to states and local governments the power that belongs to them."34 During the 1950s and '60s, "States' rights" had been the mantra of southern segregationists who insisted the federal government had no right to intervene to force them to stop discriminating against black people. And "the power that belongs to local governments" had been used in Neshoba County to protect the murderers of civil rights activists. "

but Raegan was much more in love with AMERICA (all americans?) huh?"

You are assuming that he agrees with what you added about the Reagans correct?
Do you know that he agrees with this for a fact?
No you don't. So how can you call him a hypocrite then?

By your reasoning then I can say that because Obama believes in redistribution of wealth and wants single payer healthcare that Obama is a socialist.