Community > Posts By > TJN

TJN's photo
Wed 09/05/12 07:16 PM

Gotta love politicians. They do something then when there is public outrage about it they play like they didn't know and then change it back and it's all good. I've seen no explanation from any one as to why it was removed in the first place.

Why those things were removed from the party's platform is a good question.

I still believe that President Obama didn't know about the removal until after it happened.

I could really care less. Just somethin for one side to stir the pot.

TJN's photo
Wed 09/05/12 06:41 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/09/05/dnc-god-jerusalem-platform_n_1859200.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Yep it really sounded like they wanted it put back in.
I think his guy has a hearing problem.

TJN's photo
Wed 09/05/12 05:02 PM

God is back in the Democratic Party platform.

The issue has been resolved.

(CNN) - Democrats voted to update their party's platform Wednesday evening at their convention to include a reference to Jerusalem being the capital of Israel, as well as the insertion of the word "God," neither of which was included in their platform this year but was in previous platforms.

Quote Source

Apparently, the previous deletions took President Obama by surprise.

I suspect that the majority of Democratic Party delegates had not noticed the deletions when they voted to approve their platform.

Gotta love politicians. They do something then when there is public outrage about it they play like they didn't know and then change it back and it's all good. I've seen no explanation from any one as to why it was removed in the first place.

TJN's photo
Wed 09/05/12 09:51 AM
Edited by TJN on Wed 09/05/12 09:53 AM

I said nothing about the president.
Like you say one man doesn't control everything.

So if we go by Feb to start. It's the same as it was.
I'm sure things aren't the same or better for those in that 8%.
Now if we've been adding jobs why hasn't the number lowered?
How much more time do we need before there are actual improvements?
Is it fair to say the policies enacted during this time have been keeping things from getting better faster?

Nothing to say about income levels, gas, or the debt?

I dont know how accurate the income level source is and its a small enough difference to be fairly irrelevant in my opinion

&4,000 a year to a middle class family is irrelevant? WOW

gas prices are tricky and not strictly political , but they have been fluctuating for YEARS and just started to stablilize somewhat enough for hope that they will decrease slightly once more

between september of 2007 and september of 2008 gas fluctuated from 2.86 to 3.62 (80cents)

between last september and this they fluctuated between 3.62 and 3.87 (20 cents)

its also rarely mentioned that the gas price when he took office was a very temporary DIP, (from 3.87 in november to 1.87 two months later)

If congress would let us drill for our own resources it would be lower. I know it would take years for it to make a difference. Only they've even using that excuse for years. You have to start sometime right?

the national debt has also been growing for several administrations

It's grown under them all. Just not as fast as under this admin.

if we are not adding jobs as quickly as people give up on looking for jobs, that employment rate is not going to drop significantly (if at all)

So then what does that say about the jobs created? That they aren't worth getting off the go ernment dole. Why work when the government will go e me almost as much for doing nothing.

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx

TJN's photo
Wed 09/05/12 08:25 AM
I said nothing about the president.
Like you say one man doesn't control everything.

So if we go by Feb to start. It's the same as it was.
I'm sure things aren't the same or better for those in that 8%.
Now if we've been adding jobs why hasn't the number lowered?
How much more time do we need before there are actual improvements?
Is it fair to say the policies enacted during this time have been keeping things from getting better faster?

Nothing to say about income levels, gas, or the debt?

TJN's photo
Tue 09/04/12 05:15 PM
Edited by TJN on Tue 09/04/12 05:17 PM
Are you better of than 4 years ago?
That seems to be the looming question around election time.

As a whole the country doesn't seem to be.

Jan 2009 - Today
Unemployment 7% - 8%
Median income $54,000 - $50,000
Gas prices $1.80 - $3.80
National debt $10T - $16T

TJN's photo
Tue 09/04/12 10:32 AM

Isn't worth the paper it's printed on....plain garbage full of lies and hate and what is wrong with this country

Ofcourse because we all know only conservative tell lies and spread hate.

didnt see mention of conservative in his post

Massey wrote the article which is described in the above as 'garbage'

its about the article, not about the political label

"Michal Massie black, conservative"
Is he not the one who wrote it?
Therefore it's the words of a conservative being called garbage full of lies and hate.

TJN's photo
Tue 09/04/12 09:40 AM

Isn't worth the paper it's printed on....plain garbage full of lies and hate and what is wrong with this country

Ofcourse because we all know only conservative tell lies and spread hate.

TJN's photo
Mon 09/03/12 02:25 PM

actually, its more insurance

think about it:wink:

Yeah, nobody in the USA would want to off Obama while Biden is V.P.laugh

I think that's why Obama picked Biden. Even th whacko lunatics wouldn't even think about assassination knowing Biden would be president.
Well played Obama well played lol
That was sarcasm and joking in case you knuckleheads didn't know.

TJN's photo
Mon 09/03/12 09:15 AM

I HAve loved ones risking their life for AMerica DAILY

dont assume things

I have not 'disrespected' soldiers
I have only stated a reality they face, because they are American

and AMERICAN media and public education BREEDS Racism on different levels

and the US MILITARY INSTITUTION

where some lives are more expendable than others
and its 'us' vs 'them

is not immune from that same breeding

You are the one making the assumption of racism in the military!
I am still waiti g for your facts to prove it on the level you are assuming it.
Do you understand the rank structure in the military?

Do you understand how promotions are givin in the military?

TJN's photo
Mon 09/03/12 08:34 AM

the military is particularly susceptible because of the ranking system and the life/death circumstances

Again I call BS on this!!
If your going to call soldiers racist I would appreciate some proof.

I would also like to know how the ranking system and life and death circumstances make them more susceptible to racism? Please enlighten me.
When you make a BS claim please have some facts to back your claim.

Through my experience the ranking system and life/death circumstances brought us closer together.

I didnt call soldiers racist at all

re READ

ALL americans raised in american culture are racist on some level, UNLESS raised in a rural area away from public education and media

the MILITARY, much like any position that allows people the right to take lives or save lives , has a FERTILE ground for creating people with GOD COMPLEX

such people, if they have already been in the american culture of media and public education, stack on top of pre existing prejudices(stereotypes) a sense of DUTY to take down their 'enemy'

US v THEM is a prime philosophy upon which our military (or any field that is in the HERO business) functions to convince our soldiers to kill their soldiers

there are of course also the soldiers who will bond closer IN SPITE of race due to their closeness in BATTLE

those who are not in BATTLE, are under high pressure when it comes to making rank and its easy for the mind to revert back to us v them mentality when in such close competition with others,,,

Your statement is SO FULL OF SIHT and disrespectfull.
It's beliefs like yours that make the transition from soldier to civilian so difficult for soldiers.
Again I ask for some facts to back your opinion please.
And I also ask you to refrain from disrespecting soldiers.

TJN's photo
Mon 09/03/12 08:12 AM

the military is particularly susceptible because of the ranking system and the life/death circumstances

Again I call BS on this!!
If your going to call soldiers racist I would appreciate some proof.

I would also like to know how the ranking system and life and death circumstances make them more susceptible to racism? Please enlighten me.
When you make a BS claim please have some facts to back your claim.

Through my experience the ranking system and life/death circumstances brought us closer together.

TJN's photo
Sun 09/02/12 04:22 PM
Edited by TJN on Sun 09/02/12 04:23 PM

Msharmony,

The military helped make me racist and it has taken a long time to recover as you say.

But that was late 60s and early 70s, methinks they are better integrated now...

If the military made you racist, how did many others get through being in the military without being racist?

they didnt, although they may have learned to fight against it so that they became 'recovering' racists,,,

some racism is just much more subtle and less 'hateful' than other racism,,,

You have got to be F***ING kidding me!!
So all who served are racist?
I'd like to see some proof of that.
I don't recall going through rehab for racism. Or does that mean I'm a full blown racist and not a "recovering" racist.
Guess I need to go to be VA and get some counseling.

That has to be the most ignorant coment I have ever seen.

TJN's photo
Sat 09/01/12 10:32 AM
Why isn't Obama there today getting an overview of the damage?

TJN's photo
Sat 09/01/12 08:14 AM

Unbelievable... Comparing Obama to the worst war criminal in recent history. I'm not American but this just doesn't seem right. So of course I need to comment on it bigsmile

Maybe you should read he article before commenting on it then.
It's not comparing them in reguards to what Hitler did during WWII
The comparison is between what Hitler was doing to rise to power and what Obama has done in his term.

TJN's photo
Wed 08/29/12 03:54 PM
Accounts from multiple coal miners, how many?
How many wanted to attend?
Hose numbers would be nice to have.

TJN's photo
Tue 08/28/12 09:14 AM

From what you've written it's obvious that you try to find solutions through your religious beliefs and framework...Other people seek solutions based on different sets of beliefs...

greeneyes, this is the problem. msharmony is working with one set of beliefs and others on this thread are working with other beliefs. the problem is that msharmony's beliefs include guidelines for marriage that she defends. the other beliefs want msharmony to accept marriage outside of the beliefs she has

if a church (or any organization for that matter) has rules, and the members are to follow those rules, and certain privileges come with being a member, than the privileges can only be enjoyed by the members following the rules
IMHO
others who want the privileges can obey the rules or do without. they shouldn't ask for the privileges and not follow the rules

The other issue is that msharmony (or anyone who feels the same as she does) wants everyone else to conform to those guidelines she follows. Most people who are not as religious as her aren't going to conform.

I wouldn't have an issue with someone who is following their guidelines and doesn't agree with something like same sex marriage. I do have a problem when they try to push others to conform to those same guidelines.

So then it's ok for those who want same sex marraige to push those who don't to conform with their guidelines?

TJN's photo
Fri 08/24/12 10:10 AM

Mean while in Chicago 19 were murdered lastnight.
We need more gun control, and stricter gun laws!!
Oh wait NY and Chicago have some of the strictest guns laws.

19? in the same location at the same time,,,,?

wow,,

I was wrong in saying murdered. 19 were shot.

CHICAGO — Police say 13 people were shot and wounded in a 30-minute spate of violence in Chicago, including eight gunned down on a single street.

TJN's photo
Fri 08/24/12 09:02 AM
Mean while in Chicago 19 were murdered lastnight.
We need more gun control, and stricter gun laws!!
Oh wait NY and Chicago have some of the strictest guns laws.

TJN's photo
Thu 08/23/12 10:25 AM

Why does it always seem like it's a contest over who gives to charity the most? Why can't it just be enough to give when you can?

Ask ABC news. They seemed it was worthy of a news story.