Community > Posts By > Duttoneer

Duttoneer's photo
Thu 02/08/24 01:41 AM
XTC

waving Good morning everyone here in Mingle2.

Duttoneer's photo
Tue 02/06/24 10:24 AM

Vandellas, The.

Duttoneer's photo
Mon 02/05/24 11:15 AM
T-Rex.

Duttoneer's photo
Mon 02/05/24 12:37 AM
What percentage of the UK population is vaccinated for COVID?

In the UK by the end of August 2022, of those aged 12 years and over: 93.6% had received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. 88.2% had received a second dose. 70.2% had received three or more doses. (Information taken from the internet).

Millions of people here in the UK made the decision, including myself, to have the jab since the outbreak of Covid. I have now had 6 jabs including the boosters plus Flu jabs, with no side effects except on occasion a headache in the evening, nothing serious. I feel sorry for the people whom had side effects, but in my opinion the vaccines have saved millions of lives here in the UK and world wide, and continue to do so.

Duttoneer's photo
Sun 02/04/24 07:30 AM
Rolling Stones, The.

Duttoneer's photo
Sun 02/04/24 01:01 AM

Pharaohs, The.

Duttoneer's photo
Sat 02/03/24 01:27 AM

There are some showers in the forecast, but it's sunshine right now and around 10 C. temperature wise, all above average for the UK in early February.

Duttoneer's photo
Sat 02/03/24 01:22 AM

New Kids on the Block

Duttoneer's photo
Thu 02/01/24 11:51 PM
Jethro Tull.

Duttoneer's photo
Wed 01/31/24 12:21 AM
Herman's Hermits.

Duttoneer's photo
Wed 01/31/24 12:17 AM
Israel Gaza: UN warning that aid system could collapse if UNRWA funding is withheld

Top UN officials have warned that the withdrawal of funding for its main aid agency in Gaza could lead to the "collapse of the humanitarian system".

They spoke out after the US, UK and other countries halted funding over the alleged role of some UN staff in the 7 October Hamas attacks on Israel.

The UN sacked several of its staff over the allegations.

It said an investigation into its agency for Palestinian refugees, UNRWA, is underway.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has described UNRWA as "perforated with Hamas", saying Israel has "discovered that there were 13 UNRWA workers who actually participated, either directly or indirectly, in the 7 October massacre".

But the US, the biggest donor to the UNWRA, has said it wants to see the aid agency continue its work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68150519?xtor=ES-208-[68984_NEWS_NLB_ABC_WK05_WED_31_JAN]-20240131-[bbcnews_gazaaidcollapsewarning_newsmiddleeast]

Duttoneer's photo
Tue 01/30/24 01:13 AM
Detroit Spinners.

Duttoneer's photo
Mon 01/29/24 08:16 AM
Animals, The

Duttoneer's photo
Mon 01/29/24 01:09 AM
Edited by Duttoneer on Mon 01/29/24 01:26 AM
Maybe some Droids ED209?

Duttoneer's photo
Mon 01/29/24 12:56 AM
Edited by Duttoneer on Mon 01/29/24 01:13 AM

So a cooler head has prevail. Doesn't matter if it is because China has is own economic interests at heart. What was done last should have been done first. Tell China it is in their best interests to speak to Iran concerning the Houthi if they want to continue to trade with Europe.

Sadly, after statements from many world leaders the attacks on unarmed shipping continue, the Houthis have their own agenda in not wanting to listen to anyone in my opinion, piracy and ransom plays a part in all this.

The main reason for attacking ships going to Israel and ships from America and the United Kingdom is the continuation of the genocidal war against the Palestinians and the continuation of the economic blockade as well. The second reason is the American-British bombing of Yemen. Do not ignore the actual reasons and imagine that the Houthis' work is piracy.

Me and many others want to see the war stopped and more aid to enter Gaza which is desperately needed. The Houthis attacking and harming innocent unarmed seafarers for any reason whatsoever is despicable behaviour in my opinion, but you seem to believe it is a good thing the Houthis are doing in attacking shipping. The Houthis piracy and attacks are against International Law of Freedom of Navigation, they are breaking International law and are being punished for it by many nations. Even the government of Yemen condemns the Houthis actions.

Duttoneer's photo
Sun 01/28/24 11:24 AM

This attractive Irish girl was going away on holiday on board a 747 Jumbo Jet.

She had settled down in her seat and was enjoying the flight when there was an announcement.

This is your Captain speaking, we regret to advise one of our engines have failed, no cause for alarm we will continue on the other 3 engines but we will arrive 3 hours late.

She turned to the guy sat next to her and said, begorra 3 hours late on arrival.

About an hour later there was another announcement.

This is your Captain speaking, we are very sorry but another engine has failed, however, we can continue with 2 engines but this will mean we arrive 4 hours late.

The young woman was concerned, and said to the guy next to her, begorra! now we are 4 hours late in arriving.

Another hour passed when there was yet another announcement.

This is your captain speaking, we are very, very sorry to inform you another engine has failed, but this is a 747 we can continue on the remaining engine, but we shall be 6 hours late in arriving at our destination.

The young woman was very concerned on hearing this and turning to the guy sat next to her said. Bejesus! I hope the last engine doesn't fail or we will be up here all day.

Duttoneer's photo
Sun 01/28/24 07:24 AM
You may find what you are looking for here in Mingle2, spend time in the forums, good luck in your search.

Duttoneer's photo
Sun 01/28/24 01:27 AM

When US and UK decided to launched middle strikes in Yemen it was done without Congress and Parliament approval. Warmongers are escalating the tension in the Middle East. Am sure the Red Sea shipping attacks by Houthis? could of been handle differently if cool heads prevail. Nope it's not going to stop there. Like I said in a different post the Ukraine/Russia conflict is the beginning of the end. Btw,other allies are involved not just US and UK.

I don't think the US and UK had much of a choice, the Houthis had attacked both unarmed merchant ships and warships trying to protect them with missiles and drones. Let's not forget they were given many warnings over several days to stop these attacks or face the consequences. Freedom of navigation in international waters is a global agreement in law. Iran is escalating the tension in continuing to supply the Houthis with these weapons and training in how to use them when they can see how they are being used to attack unarmed merchant shipping, and the piracy of ships and their cargos.

So the question is....Have we come to the point in international relations when dealing with aggression where after given many warnings over several days
to stop these attacks or face consequences US and UK just pick up planes and fly them over to bomb a country? Who military heads advising these
governments? China has now ask Iran to rein in the Houthi. Was America behind that or did China took the initiative to be the peace maker. One wonders.

In the UK the decision to attack Houthis military sites in Yemen was taken at the highest level by the Prime Minister. If the UK were to go to war with the Houthis it would require the approval of the full UK Parliament, but that isn't going to happen in my opnion.

In the UK press, many have voiced the opinion the Chinese are concerned about how these attacks affect global trade. China cannot sell their products in to Europe if ships are not going to take the goods from China to Europe economically. The Shipping costs are rapidly increasing by insurance costs and the extra costs of fuel in sailing a further 6000 nautical miles around the 'Cape of Good Hope' to reach Europe, avoiding the route through the Red Sea. That is the main reason China has asked Iran to rein in the Houthis, they want to continue to trade with Europe.

So a cooler head has prevail. Doesn't matter if it is because China has is own economic interests at heart. What was done last should have been done first. Tell China it is in their best interests to speak to Iran concerning the Houthi if they want to continue to trade with Europe.

Sadly, after statements from many world leaders the attacks on unarmed shipping continue, the Houthis have their own agenda in not wanting to listen to anyone in my opinion, piracy and ransom plays a part in all this.

Duttoneer's photo
Sat 01/27/24 08:25 AM

Interesting...227 views and no one mention if they have food and or essentials stock up.

What about you?

How are you preparing and stocking up?

Duttoneer's photo
Sat 01/27/24 08:18 AM

When US and UK decided to launched middle strikes in Yemen it was done without Congress and Parliament approval. Warmongers are escalating the tension in the Middle East. Am sure the Red Sea shipping attacks by Houthis? could of been handle differently if cool heads prevail. Nope it's not going to stop there. Like I said in a different post the Ukraine/Russia conflict is the beginning of the end. Btw,other allies are involved not just US and UK.

I don't think the US and UK had much of a choice, the Houthis had attacked both unarmed merchant ships and warships trying to protect them with missiles and drones. Let's not forget they were given many warnings over several days to stop these attacks or face the consequences. Freedom of navigation in international waters is a global agreement in law. Iran is escalating the tension in continuing to supply the Houthis with these weapons and training in how to use them when they can see how they are being used to attack unarmed merchant shipping, and the piracy of ships and their cargos.

So the question is....Have we come to the point in international relations when dealing with aggression where after given many warnings over several days
to stop these attacks or face consequences US and UK just pick up planes and fly them over to bomb a country? Who military heads advising these
governments? China has now ask Iran to rein in the Houthi. Was America behind that or did China took the initiative to be the peace maker. One wonders.

In the UK the decision to attack Houthis military sites in Yemen was taken at the highest level by the Prime Minister. If the UK were to go to war with the Houthis it would require the approval of the full UK Parliament, but that isn't going to happen in my opnion.

In the UK press, many have voiced the opinion the Chinese are concerned about how these attacks affect global trade. China cannot sell their products in to Europe if ships are not going to take the goods from China to Europe economically. The Shipping costs are rapidly increasing by insurance costs and the extra costs of fuel in sailing a further 6000 nautical miles around the 'Cape of Good Hope' to reach Europe, avoiding the route through the Red Sea. That is the main reason China has asked Iran to rein in the Houthis, they want to continue to trade with Europe.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25