Community > Posts By > shoesmonkey

shoesmonkey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 12:34 PM

That's sort of my thought about our age. Tell 'em your ten years older so you look that much younger for your age.:banana:

So you'd be 69! First though is 'you're too old for me', but then I'd be 71. Would we be too old to fool around?

Ron

Nooooooooo, I would be 59. Do the math mansad !

shoesmonkey's photo
Tue 08/24/10 12:19 PM
That's sort of my thought about our age. Tell 'em your ten years older so you look that much younger for your age.:banana:

shoesmonkey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 08:18 AM

Hi Im a 50 yo male Disabled veteran who is starting over after 15 years of being married. I have 3 great kids who at the present time one thinks not so highly of me. But she need to deal with truth in her own way and time. My 2 boys are 10,11 and are handleing it sortof well i guess. The only thing I want to get out of mingle is to make some new friends. This seems to be rather daunting as there are to many sites that expect a fee and too many more sites that imply a more than casual commitment or women who want to get hitched. I dont mind if a woman wants to get married, I dont but thats OK. Im not being an old fuddy duddy but we need to bring the courtship and the romance back into a relationship before the sex and sleep overs. Maybe Im wrong, Maybe im olod fashioned but it appears to me that relationships lasted alot longer when my parents were courting and dating. What do you think?ohwell

You're right. Times have changed but, you picked the right site. Welcome to M2.

shoesmonkey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 07:01 AM

Thanks to the wonders of Facebook I have had the opportunity to connect with two boyfriends from my past. One was my very first boyfriend. The boy I lost my virginity too and I had always held him up as being my first true love. And, he was. He obviously felt the same about me and wanted desperately to get together now.

What I learned from meeting both those guys again is that we always romanticize the past. Our memories are quite often not reality. And the past is better left there....in the past.

Very good. Hold the sweet memories in your heart but, accept the relationship for what it truly was.

shoesmonkey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 06:46 AM

It's a delusional stage due to fond memories and, your heart. Once you clear both, you will be able to see that another woman has the potential to be a partner with you.

Thank you for saying that. I was trying to think of how to write that gently. I agree completely.
I've had my own realization just recently.

shoesmonkey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 06:43 AM

HMM, I'm in a somewhat similar place. For about 10 years now, I've been in a constant on-again-off-again scenario with the only girlfriend I've ever had who was really compatible.

And as much as I'd like to be able to put a stop to the whole thing, to end it once and for all and just move on, I haven't been able to do it. No one else interests me the way she does, no one else so completely captivates my mind the way she does. She is brilliant, the most intelligent person I've ever met, creative beyond compare (she did the covers for my first two books), fun, quirky, and never ever boring.

Unfortunately, she only seems to "need" me when her life falls apart, and I'm the one who has to put everything back together.

I would love to be able to feel this way about someone else. But everyone else I've been involved with, both before her and after her, is little more than a ghost of a mannequin by comparison.

It makes things difficult --

Love and fond memories Lex...No one will ever replace or, compare to her. You need a "new" kind of puppy. A different type of woman to find happiness with. One with different talents and,capabilities.

shoesmonkey's photo
Mon 08/23/10 06:07 AM
It's a delusional stage due to fond memories and, your heart. Once you clear both, you will be able to see that another woman has the potential to be a partner with you.

shoesmonkey's photo
Tue 08/10/10 06:24 AM

whats wrong with asking someone out on your first email.the way i see it ,if you see a pic and there is initial mutual attraction, then its time to meet and really get to communicate or at least speak on the phone.this typing back and forth seems to be for people to hide who they really are or at least to reveal themselves very slowly like its a game.it just seems like wasting a lot of time to me unless you have nothing better to do.
Believe it or not, some woman are not as forward as some males.

Last time I checked I am a man and I would NOT respect a woman who asks me out after we exchanged just one email.

You know what? I saw a guy on a site and, I said to myself..I want him. We barely chatted and, I told him to pick me up. We decided to shoot pool. We hit it off right away. I took a chance and we worked.

There's a reason why people say that "a picture is worth a thousand words".

There's no way that you will know a person by just looking at their picture.

Hey, some even say that serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer was a handome guy.

After exchanging emails for about a week and them talking on the phone for a while, THEN we can met.

shoesmonkey's photo
Tue 08/10/10 05:54 AM

Ny doesn't smell that good? Hahahaha

lmao

there is more to ny than NYC and the surronding boroughs!!!

Go to upstate new York

woods
clean air
nice smells

wildlife
camping

skiing
sledding

if ya want diversity of

culture
religion

museams
art
theater at it's best

people watching at it's best

uber night life

great underground

then go to NYC

it is the city that never sleeps!!!:heart:

Now I'll agree with that, that stuff around Indian Lake, Blue Lake and Racquette Lake is awesome!!!

Don't forget Lake George. There is some very beautiful boating to be had there.

shoesmonkey's photo
Tue 08/10/10 05:50 AM
Lived on FL's east coast. Was brought up in and, am back living in upstate NY. The WINTERS SUCK! Long and cold. Cali has GOT to be better...'cept for the fires.

shoesmonkey's photo
Thu 08/05/10 08:33 AM

ladies be pimps to flowerforyou smokin

This is true......unfortunately.

shoesmonkey's photo
Thu 08/05/10 08:32 AM
Give the heads up and, dump her AZZ. You're no one to played. Am I right? Get some dignity man.

shoesmonkey's photo
Thu 08/05/10 08:27 AM
Thanks for being my support group when I need one.flowerforyou

shoesmonkey's photo
Thu 08/05/10 08:22 AM

This analogy sooooooo goes both ways. Get off of me already! Have Better things to do. Some men only know how to "ride" one way. They think they're great at it too lol. They're not. I'm not looking for the "Hammer" in bed.

Nothing worse than a one trick pony eh...now thats booooring! yawn

HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Tell me about it. I've only ever had one great lover. And, THAT man knewwwwww what he was doing. Some got it, some don't. Some pay attention and, the rest will never know how fab it CAN be. Just because they have a big rod doesn't mean they know how to reel them in.

shoesmonkey's photo
Thu 08/05/10 08:19 AM

This analogy sooooooo goes both ways. Get off of me already! Have Better things to do. Some men only know how to "ride" one way. They think they're great at it too lol. They're not. I'm not looking for the "Hammer" in bed.

Nothing worse than a one trick pony eh...now thats booooring! yawn

HAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! Tell me about it. I've only ever had one great lover. And, THAT man knewwwwww what he was doing. Some got it, some don't. Some pay attention and, the rest will never know how fab it CAN be.

shoesmonkey's photo
Thu 08/05/10 08:16 AM

shoesmonkey's photo
Tue 08/03/10 06:28 AM

I reckon it means 'fooled' you from that context.

ie 'made ya look'

could be 'bagged' you. if that is the context of the relationship.

Im assuming it was said in playfulness?
Now I don't even know what bagged means.

shoesmonkey's photo
Tue 08/03/10 06:15 AM

I've never experienced it IRL but in movies it seems like the ego driven character thinks you are nothing without them ... they created opportunities, or money, or taught you what brought you to the next level. Like they are taking credit for your success or are offended that you have dismissed them or made light of their contribution.

...IDK

I made u made plenty of times remember.......His words I can't make sense of them.

shoesmonkey's photo
Tue 08/03/10 06:02 AM

Can't say I understand what you're talking about.

I'm as clueless as you. What does it mean when someone says ..they made you? Found you out????..... IDK

Did you ask the person who said it to you?

He's a PITA to get a hold of.

shoesmonkey's photo
Tue 08/03/10 06:00 AM
Edited by shoesmonkey on Tue 08/03/10 06:00 AM

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25