ZPicante's photo
Thu 01/13/11 12:39 AM
WONDERFUL, SIMPLY WONDERFUL! OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm okay. :|

ZPicante's photo
Mon 01/10/11 11:01 PM
^ *Consumes your soul, even more voraciously than the cookies*

ZPicante's photo
Mon 01/10/11 10:46 PM

UH OH! ANGRY RACCOON! Better toss him a chocolate chip cookie!

NOM!
OMG, WANT!

YEET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ZPicante's photo
Mon 01/10/11 10:40 PM
Nebeh nebeh. Nebeh. Beh. Beh.

ZPicante's photo
Fri 01/07/11 11:29 PM
Take it easy.

ZPicante's photo
Fri 01/07/11 12:26 AM
No.

ZPicante's photo
Fri 01/07/11 12:00 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

How wonderful, how perfectly splendid!

How dazzling!

How magnificent, my splendor...!

Worship me. :|

ZPicante's photo
Thu 01/06/11 11:54 PM
ROFL!!

How wonderful--wonderful!!

ZPicante's photo
Sun 12/26/10 03:13 AM
The key word there is 'if'. If only we'd all keep those all important 'ifs' in mind, and not just say them; we'd temper our tendencies to rush forward along presumptive lings of thought.
Thank you for clarifying, my darling.

ZPicante's photo
Sun 12/26/10 02:56 AM
Edited by ZPicante on Sun 12/26/10 02:58 AM

If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. Misery loves company, and all is fair in love and war. I think its time to give them a taste of their own medicine; and quickly, because time is money; and therefore time is the root of all evil.

(this message intentionally nonsensical)
(Well, there's a switch.)

What exactly, if anything, are you trying to prove, other than you apparently cannot comprehend...anything? *obligatory, but disdainful, wink*

ZPicante's photo
Sun 12/26/10 02:45 AM
Edited by ZPicante on Sun 12/26/10 02:52 AM
...but you can't really sustain accusatory blame ("you're the common denominator"!) with the obligatory stigma if it's spread around to all involved.
Oh, I hate accusatory blame. It's so much worse than non-accusatory blame, because, with the redundancy, comes a tidal wave of extra blame. Bad stuff.

Anyway, in every day conversation, clichés are not only standard, but innate--so innate that they are, even for the above average speaker or someone bent on avoiding them, in any practical sense, inextricable. Idioms are so ingrained into English speech that it would be impossible to sustain conversation without them. I'm sure, even in your post, there is a gamut of different clichés and ubiquitous phrasing. Most likely, even in this response (in fact, "most likely" is an idiomatic phrase--as is "in fact").

Writing is different, naturally--good writing should avoid cliché, of course. But most people are not good, or even average, writers. Most people verge on illiteracy.

Although, I suppose I should be polite and agree that that particular phrase in indeed quite useless. But again, that is what an idiom is: It is a phrase that, if examined literally, becomes nonsensical.

3. "I like to see the glass as half full." It doesn't make any difference. If it's half full, it's also half empty; this is simple math. Whether you choose to put a positive spin on the imagery, it doesn't change the amount of fluid in the container. Also, it's one of those phrases that shows up in profiles almost as often as "I'm laid back and easy going," which is about as informative as the UPC code on the Shredded Wheat box.
So, you're a realist.

I personally would rather see the glass as half-filled with coffee, but then who drinks coffee from a glass? That's just not right.

It totally does make a difference, in this case: One can see the physical emptiness, the void, in the glass or one can see the physical liquid--both of which are evident. Perspective can change everything, because our interaction with physical reality comes chiefly through how we interpret our perception, no? We can control, within limits, how we interpret what we perceive. We can often control certain aspects of physical reality: We can drink from the glass. We can fill it. We can break it. But we might not do anything but decide "my opinion cannot change anything" if we do not pursue one more decisive, more provocative motivation or another (positivity, negativity, etc.).

There are more. Lots more. They don't help, they don't provide anything in the way of relevant information or communication enhancement. They need to be retired.
Again, that will never, ever happen; the English language is so riddled with idioms that no amount of effort could extract them completely. Just sayin'.

ZPicante's photo
Sun 12/26/10 01:55 AM
Yeah, I wam warning you ONCE and ONLY ONCE.

YES, I AM TALKING TO YOU, 25 PEOPLE WHO VIEWED THIS THREAD AND DID *NOT* RESPOND.

What are your thoughts, my darlings?

ZPicante's photo
Sun 12/26/10 01:39 AM
Edited by ZPicante on Sun 12/26/10 01:47 AM
Hey, hey, hey!!

Hey!

What are your thoughts about this highly elusive and controversial subjecto?

Sometimes, behaviors are wort' a second look; sometimes, you gotta write down some observations about the stuffs peoples does, and look 'em over. Study 'em, if you will.

Behaviorology: The study of human behavior.

THOUGHTS? QUESTIONS? OBJECT-I-ONS?

What do you think, my puppets?

http://www.behaviorology.org/

ZPicante's photo
Mon 11/29/10 08:02 PM

I'm still really tired.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

*Inhales*

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

that'ssosad

ZPicante's photo
Mon 11/29/10 07:43 PM

Wait. Did the raccoon ask us to piddle on her head?

Oh Well. If she insists . . .

Nah. I can't do it. I pity the delusional little raccoon.
Besides, who would want to wear a coonskin cap that smells like urine?
HEY, your generation is showing.

HEY, your psychosis is showing.

Coonskin caps are not just for old folks.

Notice that the young woman wearing the coonskin cap is wearing a shirt with the name "Wisconsin" on it. So, ZPicante had better watch her back.

By the way, if our resident raccoon were the coonskin cap in the above photo, then would we have a case of girl-on-girl?
No, little fool. No.

I was not referring to the coonskin cap, obviously, for that is a timeless thing; I was referring to your apparent miscomprehension of the "asterisk action," which is an internet meme of sorts, which my generation is apparently more wont to recognize--and use.

My beauty! My everlasting beauty!! <:(

ZPicante's photo
Sun 11/28/10 06:54 PM

Wait. Did the raccoon ask us to piddle on her head?

Oh Well. If she insists . . .

Nah. I can't do it. I pity the delusional little raccoon.
Besides, who would want to wear a coonskin cap that smells like urine?
HEY, your generation is showing.

ZPicante's photo
Sat 11/27/10 07:41 PM
*Goes ahead and piddles on the thread*

ZPicante's photo
Fri 11/26/10 12:12 AM
Thanks, everyone! Yes, I am beautiful, thank you!

ZPicante's photo
Wed 11/24/10 09:41 PM

The dark void of which you speak isthe inside ofthe trap I set for you Little rodent !
Or perhaps it's the inside of your head.

(I'm really quite shocked that that wasn't what YOU said, as my previous comment was a perfect setup for anyone. Oh well. Lowering expectations even more.)

ZPicante's photo
Tue 11/23/10 11:59 PM

I always tired. ohwell

But you are not a delusional pipsqueak raccoon. That's a plus.

There's always a bright side. :smile:
But it is always imaginary and thus easily snuffed out--to reveal the dark void that is reality.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25