germanchoclate1981's photo
Sat 08/29/15 01:40 AM
No. Few people even knew that they were in Ferguson, their presence wasn't publicly announced until after they had conducted their investigation. They don't have flashing lights and sirens. The Justice Department doesn't release findings of an investigation that prove "patern and practice" of discrimination against African-Americans (indicating patterns of police action and unlawful practice by the courts) unless it's a big problem and, according to them, it is. They wouldn't be changing court dates and restructuring the fees and penalties unless they were a problem indicative of said discrimination and, according to them it is.

Sat 08/29/15 12:36 AM

Facts aren't malleable, nor do facts belong to anyone or any group of people. You can't have two opposing facts the truth of one makes the other false.
Obama was elected and reelected through the same political process every other President of the U.S. has been so far and will be as long as there are no changes to the constitution, which conservatives don't want to happen. He hasn't been impeached, nor is there any indication that an impeachment will commence.
Presidents have a tendency to address the nation when significant events take place. They also use the power GIVEN to them by the people to press for change on things that are generally BAD for people like mass shootings, like racially motivated shootings, terrorist attacks, like abuse of force by persons in law enforcement. I don't have to restate the events I mentioned in the first paragraph but I will say this again.

It is YOUR opinion that the President wants a race war, based on a ridiculous unfounded claim that he would declare martial law so he can stay in office. Neither of these two things have any factual merit.

the only "fact" either of us mentioned is that he's president... other than that it's a wait and see type thing...

How did he become President, twice?
How many of the aforementioned events occurred?
How many cops have shot and killed unarmed blacks?
How many times has Obama publicly called for civilians to attack police?
How many times has Obama publicly called for civilians NOT to riot or commit more violence?
Where's the opinion in actual events that occurred?

Do you know the meaning of the word fact? That is what we will have to wait to see.

Sat 08/29/15 12:03 AM

JAMYLA BOLTON

No protests, no catchy chants, no #BlackLivesMatter......

Probably because SHE WASN'T THE INTENDED TARGET.
Probably because the shooter COULDN'T SEE WHO he was shooting at.
Probably because HARDLY ANYONE KNEW she had been shot.
Probably because THIS IDIOT WASN'T ONE OF THE PEACEFUL PROTESTERS.
Probably because THE SHOOTING WASN'T CARRIED OUT BY THE POLICE WHO ARE PAID TO SERVE AND PROTECT THE PEOPLE INSTEAD OF SHOOTING THEM WHEN THEY ARE UNARMED, IN THE ACT OF SURRENDERING, OR RUNNING FROM BEING SHOT AT WITH THEIR BACK TURNED.

Protests for her death can be directed at the judicial and correctional facilities who are not doing their jobs. I wonder who sold him the gun, I'm sure as a condition of his probation he couldn't buy one legally.

Fri 08/28/15 10:59 PM
Edited by germanchoclate1981 on Fri 08/28/15 11:37 PM

Great. So I guess this is the "Lets politicize the politicization of the victims!" thread, eh?

Sorry, but I fail to see the distinction between using them to show your displeasure with a politician, and the politician using them to show his or her displeasure with a given set of laws.

That is a good question Igor. There are 4 categories of related crimes. One is mass shootings(i.e. Colorado, Sandy Hook), 2terrorist attacks(i.e. Ft Hood, Chattanooga, Boston) 3 race related racially motivated shootings, 4 general shootings.
In most cases the first 2 categories have the least occurrences but the largest number of casualties. They also tend to involve higher capacity magazines and larger caliber weapons.
In most cases the latter 2 involve mostly handguns with lower capacity magazines and have less victims, but higher likely than the first two.
Things have changed. They haven't exactly changed in likelyhood order as listed above rather all have increased. It's a logical fallacy to show displeasure with a politician who can't be in every city in the U.S. that proves to become a hotspot for criminal activity. However that incumbent politician can use his or her power to aid law enforcement and the judicial system when necessary. The best way to do so is by strengthening the judicial system with stiffer and wider ranging penalties when those crimes are committed, such as charging those responsible for trafficking/selling illegal weapons, charging owners who sell to criminals etc.

Addressing the nation after the Boston marathon bombing, or the Charleston church shooting for the sitting President is not 'using a tragedy' If the President didn't act, speak with the mayors governors, police cheifs, he wouldn't be doing his job.
Latching onto the San Francisco pier shooting for a non politician running for office, especially when you target a race relentlessly is.

Fri 08/28/15 08:01 PM
Facts aren't malleable, nor do facts belong to anyone or any group of people. You can't have two opposing facts the truth of one makes the other false.
Obama was elected and reelected through the same political process every other President of the U.S. has been so far and will be as long as there are no changes to the constitution, which conservatives don't want to happen. He hasn't been impeached, nor is there any indication that an impeachment will commence.
Presidents have a tendency to address the nation when significant events take place. They also use the power GIVEN to them by the people to press for change on things that are generally BAD for people like mass shootings, like racially motivated shootings, terrorist attacks, like abuse of force by persons in law enforcement. I don't have to restate the events I mentioned in the first paragraph but I will say this again.

It is YOUR opinion that the President wants a race war, based on a ridiculous unfounded claim that he would declare martial law so he can stay in office. Neither of these two things have any factual merit.

Fri 08/28/15 04:51 PM

I believe he meant 'for what'. Sheriff's are elected officials. Elected officials use tragic events as a political platform when they need to bolster votes for reelection at times. Did Obama announce that he would be running for a third term on a new incumbent party ticket? Check his Facebook it should be posted there.

more than likely he's trying to start a race war so he can declare martial law and stay president indefinitely... he's hinted about 8 times how much he wants to stay...

WHAT? For someone claiming to be a conservative it seems you have very little understanding of THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Hmm. Obama 'wants a race war'..... I recall him being distraught after the shooting at Sandyhook. Calls to the public to unite and embrace each other despite our differences. Calling for PEACE echoing the statements made by the families of those murdered when there was racial motivation or the suspicion thereof. Pushing for legislation that would prevent mass shootings like 2012 theatre massacre in Colorado, the terrorist attacks on Ft Hood, Boston, Chattanooga.
No, none of these things are any business of the President and he should express his disdain for a country of people he can't stand and make an unscheduled State of the Union address focused on how he can't wait to quit his job.

well, thats your opinion... and I don't claim to be a conservative...

The first paragraph are facts. Factual events that took place in real life involving real people in real time during Obama's two terms as President (the maximum consecutive one elected President can serve as written in the original constitution).
The (unfounded claim) opinion that Obama wants to start a race war is yours. It's also ridiculous. That's what the second paragraph is intended to show. Btw, you have argued against any further gun control laws specifically those dealing with large capacity magazines with specific reference made to some of the aforementioned shootings, complaining again ridiculously that the government is going to take away everyone's guns.
Opinions and facts are different.

Fri 08/28/15 03:58 PM

I believe he meant 'for what'. Sheriff's are elected officials. Elected officials use tragic events as a political platform when they need to bolster votes for reelection at times. Did Obama announce that he would be running for a third term on a new incumbent party ticket? Check his Facebook it should be posted there.

more than likely he's trying to start a race war so he can declare martial law and stay president indefinitely... he's hinted about 8 times how much he wants to stay...

WHAT? For someone claiming to be a conservative it seems you have very little understanding of THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Hmm. Obama 'wants a race war'..... I recall him being distraught after the shooting at Sandyhook. Calls to the public to unite and embrace each other despite our differences. Calling for PEACE echoing the statements made by the families of those murdered when there was racial motivation or the suspicion thereof. Pushing for legislation that would prevent mass shootings like 2012 theatre massacre in Colorado, the terrorist attacks on Ft Hood, Boston, Chattanooga.
No, none of these things are any business of the President and he should express his disdain for a country of people he can't stand and make an unscheduled State of the Union address focused on how he can't wait to quit his job.

Fri 08/28/15 12:52 AM

Ssw the firsr presser by Josh Earnest...only 4 1/2 hours after the shooting..."gun control this gun control that"....disgusting. But it's a well established pattern with this administration.

Woulda more appropriate topic after a live televised tweeted link and Facebook video posted double gun homicide be the projected talent risk to Major League Baseball by tropical storms and hurricanes 4 1/2 hours after the murders? I was under the impression that sitting elected officials not seeking reelection (unless it's on his Facebook account) have a duty to the public to address pressing issues that are close to home. How far is Roanoke VA to the White House? How far did the murderer(s)(vester and byron were leading double lives) get from the crime scene switching cars with extra magazines a wig, the license plates and several as of yet undisclosed stamped envelopes? There was a tense time between the shooting and the self inflicted gunshot that eventually ended his life that no one knew definitively where he was.

Fri 08/28/15 12:36 AM

Thu 08/27/15 11:28 PM

That would be a show of support for, as her father put it in his own words, "Allison's Law, wouldn't that be appropriate?"
He also went on to say that he wasn't going to speak with the media at all but "I think this is what she would have wanted, to tell the story," "doing the media circuit, bringing awareness to the issue". He was interviewed by several American, Spainsh, and Canadian news stations today and has a German station interview planned for tomorrow. Anderson Cooper asked him a few broad questions and let him speak his mind. Gun control was one of the first things he brought up but first wanted to talk about his daughter and her love for journalism. Later when he came back around to the issue of gun control, he said that "it is
My mission, to protect her, though I knew I couldn't be there, there is nothing I could have done to stop this but this can't be just another story then next week people are talking about Trump."
When an entirely new type of crime occurs, and a couple thousand people are watching it live, it is a gesture of shared concern. I'm pretty sure ABC News contacted the White House after the phonecall the fax the tweets conformation from WDBJ the upload of the video....

so it would have been less of a tragedy if he would have cut their heads off with a sword? or bashed their heads in with a brick? maybe he could have kidnapped them with a knife and tortured them for a few days, would that make you gun control people feel any safer?

crazy is crazy, guns are not the crazy ones...

Her father said it, he's grief stricken, "knowing I won't hear her voice crushed my soul." People act different when someone close to them dies unexpectedly and seemingly without reason.

Thu 08/27/15 11:08 PM
Ciretom, could you delve a little further into these 'other than FFL' gun sales? The private owner to owner to owner.... the gun show sales? Perhaps some figures or current legal status of said sales, resales, crossing State lines.... ? I think you might be on to something here.

Thu 08/27/15 10:44 PM
That would be a show of support for, as her father put it in his own words, "Allison's Law, wouldn't that be appropriate?"
He also went on to say that he wasn't going to speak with the media at all but "I think this is what she would have wanted, to tell the story," "doing the media circuit, bringing awareness to the issue". He was interviewed by several American, Spainsh, and Canadian news stations today and has a German station interview planned for tomorrow. Anderson Cooper asked him a few broad questions and let him speak his mind. Gun control was one of the first things he brought up but first wanted to talk about his daughter and her love for journalism. Later when he came back around to the issue of gun control, he said that "it is
My mission, to protect her, though I knew I couldn't be there, there is nothing I could have done to stop this but this can't be just another story then next week people are talking about Trump."
When an entirely new type of crime occurs, and a couple thousand people are watching it live, it is a gesture of shared concern. I'm pretty sure ABC News contacted the White House after the phonecall the fax the tweets conformation from WDBJ the upload of the video....

Thu 08/27/15 08:30 PM

3,300 years?laughlaugh

does that judge know how ridiculous & pointless that sounds

The Judge was not happy with the decision. He was making sure that there is no way he could wiggle his way out and become free one day. It's pretty common when a Judge disagrees with a jury's decision.

Amen DD.
They began deliberations, that made the news (on air). I'm perfectly aware of many people's ill wishes for that p.o.s. But part of me thinks that was part of his plan. That they would have done what they did to the guy in Louisiana. Glad that fell through. If they had given him death, it would have been the same thing instead of suicidebycop, prolonged suicide by jury. He won't even get that. Part of me hopes they dump him in general population but another part of me hopes they keep him on life support for a few hundred years but we all know that won't happen. That would fall under cruel and unusual.
Both alternatives are deterrents but people that commit these mass/serial murders don't give a crap about deterrents or consequences. At least not until they drop the soap. He'll suffer.

Wed 08/26/15 09:00 PM

3,300 years?laughlaugh

does that judge know how ridiculous & pointless that sounds

I think it's 3318 years but I'm not sure. I only saw it go across the ticker once some other mysteriously missing what story dominated the news today for obviously reasons. Aside from that which also shocked and sickened me. The point I believe even though I'm sure everyone in that courtroom knew that he'd never see the outside with 12 consecutive life's with no parole was to make the sentence as ridiculous as the crime was, perhaps a personal message to Holmes to snap him out of his 'for defense' insanity.

Wed 08/26/15 08:48 PM
The events of today were somewhat overshadowing to most other story lines, one of the panda twins died the other is well so far but to think that Hairumph going toe to toe with Ramos gets airtime and this doesn't? Wtf? It was pretty much on a loop for 3-4 hours last night with little interjected political analysis. Let's send a message to America that the carnage of that day means nothing today because a bankruptcy robber baron turned democratic mole in a republican gangbang has beef with univision.
Show the judge telling the sheriff to get the defendant out of my courtroom, please.

Wed 08/26/15 08:00 PM
The Colorado theatre massacre shooter James Holmes, who killed 24 people in his 2012 attack was sentenced today. The jury couldn't bring themselves to give Holmes the death penalty for all the lives he took so the Judge gave him the maximum, 12 consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole. He also got over 3,300 years added to his sentence. Hopefully this will serve as a deterrent to anyone else who plans attacks like this on innocent people.

Wed 08/26/15 03:08 AM

http://www.icrw.org/child-marriage-facts-and-figures

child marriage facts and figures

http://www.girlsnotbrides.org/where-does-it-happen/

CHILD MARRIAGE AROUND THE WORLD

http://www.unicef.org/media/media_68114.html

More than 140 million girls will marry between 2011 and 2020

http://www.unicef.org/media/files/Child_Marriage_Report_7_17_LR..pdf

ending child marriage: progress and prospects

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/worlds-youngest-divorcee-fatima-mangre-2808263

Indian girl aged EIGHT is world's youngest divorcee after leaving husband she married when she was FOUR

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/490316/Boy-9-marries-62-year-old-woman

I will go to school and study hard' Nine-year-old boy MARRIES 62-year-old mum-of-five

------------------------------------------------------------------------
it's not whether it's ok or not...it's mostly part of what they are used to. otherwise, it is intentionally done for profit/budget and sometimes fanaticism.

simply put...it is a vicious cycle...

Marry old. England.
Hope he got a prenuptial so he can get biscuits and tea. Dibs on the seesaw may be out of the question.

Wed 08/26/15 12:35 AM

This is the part I really don't understand. Donations.. for what?.

These teams are actually professional organizations, which have to carry a lot of liability insurance. I know we did. When someone, be it a player, a coach, a spectator.. anyone got hurt anywhere on our sports complex our insurance kicked in. If the person had insurance, then both insurance companies worked it out, but I do not ever recall a person paying a dime.

Donations..... Same here. I remember years ago when Darryl Strawberry was with the Mets one of his homerun balls hit a young girl in the face. She ended up having several reconstructive surgeries and Darryl paid for all of it bringing her flowers at the ER, recovery rooms, often. This year a minor league bat boy was struck in the head by an on deck batter who didn't see him. Sadly he didn't survive. That's a case where gofundme was put to good use, though a child can't be replaced. This lady is lucky she's not dead, the impact could have easily crushed her skull turning it into organic shrapnel. Regardless the home team's insurance should be taking care of her medical bills.
I've got an idea. Take 250 balls from batting practice and hand them out to the people behind the plate and the dugouts and put up some netting. Dead fans have a tendency to suck the life out of the crowd.

Tue 08/25/15 11:42 PM
Who told you I like cake?mad rant :angry: indifferent ok... How much?

Tue 08/25/15 10:58 PM
Yeah, I guess the Justice Department just runs around chasing meter maids. There was one thing they didn't seem to think was minor about the offenses, people being jailed over them. Oh another thing those people were disproportionately black. Oh, there was one more thing something about unjust penalties, then there being no pretrial release.... So it's more than one thing, ergo the sweeping change. I think it has something to do with justice, maybe that's why the Justice Department sent people there.