pglasses
odrinker
shappy
t:banana:

having fun is all about seeing how much trouble one can avoid
A friend will help you move, a true friend will help you move A BODY...noway

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 08:09 PM
It would depend on the woman, anything from a pottery class or a poetry reading to a long drive in the country, a rainy afternoon in a cafe somewhere lost in conversation or old fashioned cooking at my place...

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 08:06 PM

going to walmart anyone wanna go with?

one of the superstores would be nice... I need milk, a light bulb, turpentine, a bike pump, and a new speaker for my stereo... the only place on earth that has all these things in one place besides a crazy accident scene is Wal Mart...lol
Kidding, but as a union-boy I take hell if I am found there... (Go local 20)

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 08:04 PM
distance is a major factor here and everywhere... just another obstacle, however like all obstacles, there is a way to overcome it if you are willing and able to do so.

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:56 PM
Heck, I am about to go get some Boar's Head turkey, some Land O' Lakes amer. cheese, and throw down... y'all made me hungry glasses bigsmile

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:51 PM

I think if friendship isn't there first, you have no hope for a real relationship

That is a valid point, however do you have any male friends with which you never tried to get a relationship off the ground? Elements of both need exist for the right reaction to take effect.
This is not meant to say you are wrong, merely to point out that romance is like any other chemical reaction... the 'spark' the feelings and emotions, and the underlying interest all make for solid footing...
I have been in both altered states... friends without relationships, and incompatible relationships based on raw sexual attraction and those burn out...

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:45 PM
I dunno, but if anyone wants to help me set up a balance sheet, owner's equity statement, and an income statement, or define for me the several different management techniques employed since the industrial revolution, I would call them smart and they can have my vote!!! happy drinker

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:40 PM
That was as good as the old joke with the candy bars...lol
I like smileys, especially the naughty ones on Yahoo pitchfork

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:37 PM

so how about that partnership and best friends issue ...where would you say that comes into play !bigsmile

Yeah, kind of like horticulture... an experiment that works, but only on so many levels...:tongue:

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:36 PM

laugh Hell, let the women stay, I hate a sausage factory...pitchfork :banana:

i like you and btw... sexy truck

Thanks! I like you too! Nice artwork!

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:33 PM

put that little gherkin away...

Kind of like a gun, when it shoots you down, the size of the bullet or the barrel it came out of rarely matters...lol
it is all in the action as any 'shooter' will tell you laugh devil

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:31 PM

I think they both develop simultaneously, as the relationship grows so does the friendship and visa versa.

Exactly, it is like the chicken and the egg joke... (taking the science out of it of course...) The friendship must come first, however if there were no romantic feelings to start, the relationship would not grow out of it. If the relationship is based on incompatibility, and just the need for a warm body, it is doomed to failure. Like soil and a seed, they need each other to flourish. They can each form in other ways, but it is the pragmatic foundation that holds the structure together...

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:29 PM
Another thought here to ponder is if you find a job that makes you happy all on it's own, you never really 'work'... so if you have the right job, maybe other things will fall into place.
Human beings were not meant to live in solitude, that is why most of those moments send us over the falls when it is not our choice to be alone...

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:26 PM

A dull boy...
If you had to make a decision of working all the time and making more money than you would have to pay in bills every month with no time off....
Or barley getting by with a job that just covers the bills so you would have time off...

Which would you do?

ohwell

If I had to choose one, it would depend on my social situation. If I were in a place with friends/family or a romantic interest, then I would choose the time, Nobody has ever had this stamped on their headstone "I wish I had spent more time at work" (quote from some country song...) Time spent with those you love is irreplacable. Time is a healer, and a miracle all it's own.
Now if I were in a place like I am now, a 60 hour work week with a take home pay of $900 is not too bad... money cannot buy happiness, but it sure can rent it...
Renting would be good, but my job requires me to be away 24 hours a day,with most excelent pay!So rentin..is out of reach?

That thing on my butt in the pic isnt a growth...laugh I know what it means to be away... I have served in the military, I have been an o.t.r. trucker, it sucks to be 'away' but when you can have time to yourself it depends on the situation. If there is someone to spend it with, or even sometimes alone reflecting on your thoughts is wonderful. However if there is nobody to spend the time with, might as well make the money... (and that first comment is meant to be a joke, but believe me, i know solitude...)

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:23 PM
:banana: :banana:
I dont have a pickle, but I can make my banana dance!!:banana: :banana:

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:20 PM

A dull boy...
If you had to make a decision of working all the time and making more money than you would have to pay in bills every month with no time off....
Or barley getting by with a job that just covers the bills so you would have time off...

Which would you do?

ohwell

If I had to choose one, it would depend on my social situation. If I were in a place with friends/family or a romantic interest, then I would choose the time, Nobody has ever had this stamped on their headstone "I wish I had spent more time at work" (quote from some country song...) Time spent with those you love is irreplacable. Time is a healer, and a miracle all it's own.
Now if I were in a place like I am now, a 60 hour work week with a take home pay of $900 is not too bad... money cannot buy happiness, but it sure can rent it...

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:14 PM

They just like to look at the picturesbigsmile

Some of us are deeper than that, the only problem is we keep meeting the superficial women who are as thin as a sheet emotionally, so when we look deeper it is usually with skepticism, and cynicism... The nice guys still finish last!

And that was not to be a slam, just been my experience, as well as every other guy like me I know... nothing personal...

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:13 PM

They just like to look at the picturesbigsmile

Some of us are deeper than that, the only problem is we keep meeting the superficial women who are as thin as a sheet emotionally, so when we look deeper it is usually with skepticism, and cynicism... The nice guys still finish last!

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:11 PM
Ok, 1/2 Gallon of 100 proof Southern Comfort, 4 bottles of Bud, and the brains to give up the search before it gets too desparate...

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 07/27/08 07:09 PM
Serenity and peace are found within your soul and heart. If you truly seek solice, you will find it... Otherwise, hanging out in the pit will bring you nothing but torture...