Community > Posts By > Madtanker03

Madtanker03's photo
Fri 02/26/10 05:12 AM

i always seem to get the ones with the crazy ex bf's or the ones that (not to my knowledge)had just started dating,so their new bf calls or emails me and tries to start crap

That is another problem, the 'hero type'... I just dealt with my ex doing that to me... I told the guy I give him 6-8 weeks before he figures her out... She knows the negatives of sending him after me, but I guess he is trying to impress her... Hope they figure it out before he goes through a dramatic weight loss program...lol.

Madtanker03's photo
Fri 02/26/10 05:09 AM

i guess married people have the right to seek other relationships too if they so desire, but i think they should at least be open and upfront about it. i'm sure they'll find someone else who's in some sort of relationship with similar issues.

The problem with that is some of these people would rather have an unknowing 'idiot' at home paying their bills. They want the reward without the risk of the unknown, so they stay in relationships and seek out someone, until either 1) they get caught, 2) they find someone else they can get support from, or 3) they end up doing something too stupid to take back... The reality is people are scum when they want to be, be they male or female.

Madtanker03's photo
Wed 12/02/09 09:12 AM

NO abuse is good for male or female.Sure we don't always agree.But to hit, call names or belittle.Come on we are adults.We can restrain.And for those that use the excuse, I couldn't help it, they made me do it....BS...get some help with anger management!!!!

I remember one of my sister's ex's saying that he had no control... To this day he flinches whenever someone rings the doorbell, but I will not say why...

If you need excuses, you are an addict and need help; and it would be hard to say someone simply 'made' you do anything. That is the beauty of human nature; to reject things we know to be wrong.

Madtanker03's photo
Wed 12/02/09 09:10 AM

Here is why your first date should be at the ocean to wash everything away...before and after make-up photos

I did not see anything wrong with any of them. However, I am neither shallow or picky; I would rather get to know the person insie before I judge. Not that that is what we are doing, but since I have a right to weigh in...

Madtanker03's photo
Wed 12/02/09 08:52 AM

I'm very abusive towards my weiner

Now that is just funny...:banana: :banana: :banana:

Madtanker03's photo
Wed 12/02/09 08:49 AM

Okay...I know not all of you keep your friendship alive after you broke up with your "once upon a time the love of your life" :cry: , but for those who still keep in touch with their ex's...would and should you let your current boy/girlfriend stop you from talking to your ex?

It really depends on what your relationship is with A) the ex, and B) the new person. If you are serious with the new person, and the ex undermines the relationship, then it may be time to break the relationship with the ex off. However, if either the new relationship is casual, or if it is a matter of simple control, then the new person may be the one with the problem. We all get jealous; having said that, my best friends in Toledo are two of my ex's. We decided that we worked out better as friends, and it is for that reason that we are. I have had some women try to put 'the boot' to me, explaining that the ex was a problem, although she had never met the new person. I explain to them that I had been faced with the ultimatum before, and as far as I am concerned, if a woman says the following without explanation, she will lose. "It is her or me." This is a good way to end a good relationship, however I will not throw a 7 year friendship away over a maybe with someone I have known for a week or two. If I were to see that my ex is undermining the relationship however; telling old stories, inside jokes, and stuff like that, designed to ramp up jealousy in the new partner, then the ex would have to be talked to, and in lieu of a solution, they would be the one out the door.

Madtanker03's photo
Wed 12/02/09 08:39 AM
Edited by Madtanker03 on Wed 12/02/09 08:42 AM

I don't think it's right for anyone to hit anyone, even once!! When I was younger, I didn't know, though, cuz I grew up watching my stepdad hit my mom, so when I turned 23, I married someone that hit me regularly!! I just thought it was how it was supposed to be!! That was, until 6 years later, my uncle sat me down, and told me that kind of behavior is never right!! I divorced him in 2001, and I've never been happier!!:heart:

Personally, my take on the subject is also from vicarious as well as personal experience. First of all, I agree that hitting is NEVER the answer. Having said this, I was once upon a time a battered husband (I know, 6'6" and 350...) but I was also raised never to hit a woman. I saw my sisters go through it, and vowed never to hit a woman. The result is that one of an unstable minority got to me instead, using my weakness against me. I left her within a week.
I will never stand for it again, nor will I tolerate anyone who does. As of today, first, I tell my sisters, call me if it ever happens(and most of their boyfriends/husbands have seen me in person...) but you had better be calling from somewhere else, second, if you go back, knowing what they are capable of, do not cry to me if it happens again (not for lack of compassion, but I am not flying to NY every two weeks for nothing...), and third, I treat everyone equally; I will not raise my hands to anyone, except in self-defense... Basically, we are all here for a reason, all of our feelings are valid, but anger is dangerous, and if left unchecked, can do untold damage to a relationship.

Madtanker03's photo
Mon 11/30/09 10:52 AM

Because of the psychological and physical need to connect with another human being.

Necessary ?, Not really but dont we all feel the need to feel great inside for a while then out of the blue have our hearts stomped on ???

laugh

I believe that 'love' is the euphoria we all seek. It is a 'drug' of sorts. It is something that is designed to bring us out of the mundane and everyday status quo. It is the desire to treat something in such a way as to make it special, of a higher caliber, or even greater than average. Just like celebrating holidays, or other people's joy; celebrating our own brings us out of the humdrum of everyday existence.

Actually, having said that, it is among the desires of mankind to seek out someone who makes them feel good; this validates us and causes us to be better than we would otherwise be. Positivity in any form is a good thing. It is just like people who are religious; they feel 'filled' with something that may not be there, but that they believe exists to nurture them, to comfort them, and to help them to understand the unknown.

Plus it feels great to be held, loved, and adored for who you are!!!

Madtanker03's photo
Mon 11/30/09 10:46 AM

Because of the psychological and physical need to connect with another human being.

Necessary ?, Not really but dont we all feel the need to feel great inside for a while then out of the blue have our hearts stomped on ???

laugh

I believe that 'love' is the euphoria we all seek. It is a 'drug' of sorts. It is something that is designed to bring us out of the mundane and everyday status quo. It is the desire to treat something in such a way as to make it special, of a higher caliber, or even greater than average. Just like celebrating holidays, or other people's joy; celebrating our own brings us out of the humdrum of everyday existence.

Madtanker03's photo
Mon 11/30/09 10:43 AM
Oh, I did not see that one, yeah, personally, I do not like to be stood up, and will ignore the advances of a person who I think is stringing me along. Try to explain your situation, especially if you are shy, then give him time to respond.

Madtanker03's photo
Mon 11/30/09 10:41 AM
It is entirely possible that he is extremely busy during this time of year, and further possible that he has not read your responses yet. Do not overreact, try to message one more time, after all, if he was worth the date, he may be worth some patience as well.

Madtanker03's photo
Wed 07/08/09 11:48 PM

Sometimes I wonder why some people are even on a "dating site" at all, and list themselves as wanting to date, when it's clear they dislike or even hate the gender they're trying to be with. If every woman is a b!tch, a whore, a liar, only wants the "bad boy" while you describe yourself as the "nice guy," a cheater, a game player, sneaky and conniving, a ball buster, a gold digger, only into looks while you think you have a great personality and doesn't appreciate you for "being yourself" WHY are you trying to date/get married/be in a relationship at all?

My profile clearly says I'm only here for friends, but if I set my preference to wanting to date, I'd feel pretty silly being a man basher. How do you desire what you also despise? Discuss!flowerforyou

People want to put their best foot forward when describing themselves. One of my ex's called it the four person phenomenon... There are four people on a first date, the person I am, and the person I want you to see, and the reverse is also true.
Not to mention, it is all about value, intrinsic value or what is important to you personally, and extrinsic or percieved value.

Some of these people want the 'pretty boy' or 'airheaded bimbo' because they believe society wants them to find the prettiest person to be with; then the woman ends up with a bad boy type, simply because he makes her work for his affection. She doesnt realize that she will ALWAYS have to work to keep him, meanwhile, the nice guy (and we ARE OUT HERE) sits and listens to you cry time and time again...
Likewise, the man wants the 5'7" blond 'bimbo' type when in reality this could not be further from the truth. Men generally have an idea of what attracts them, but in reality, a lot of women make it seemingly impossible to approach them, leaving the man to search for what TV tells them that they want. Basically after a few foiled relationships; the man ends up a cynical bastard...

The reality is that it is all about communication. People need to be able to address their own feelings, comfortable enough to embrace them, and honest enough to actually let the other person know what they want in reality. Then when this person isn't Pamela Anderson, or Brad Pitt... give the other person a chance, they may be the great love of your life.

Madtanker03's photo
Tue 07/07/09 10:37 PM

Not a cute animal story!
But i had to pull the plug on my son when i was 18.

Does that count?

:cry:

I am SOOOOOO sorry to hear that, it must have been horrendous to have had to do that. I would have gone crazy faced with that choice... <HUG>

Madtanker03's photo
Fri 10/03/08 09:48 PM
A little more information in the 'about me' section, maybe a pic or two... otherwise, it is ok as profiles go...
Be safe, stay sane!

Madtanker03's photo
Fri 10/03/08 09:39 PM

Nope NOT you..........Talking bout 18 yr olds & 60 yr olds yuuukkkk

lol... hey, that is an associated risk with dating, but you can limit who can email you... just look for email preferences under the mail tab... we all have to 'kiss a few frogs' to find the one we are looking for though...lol.

Madtanker03's photo
Mon 08/25/08 11:18 AM

----------------------------
Billy and Jimmy are playing out on the playground. Jimmy turns to
Billy and says, "Billy, what's a penis?" Billy replies, "I don't
know. I'll ask my parents when I get home." So that afternoon Billy goes
home.
Billy's mom is in the kitchen. Billy goes up to her and asks, "Mom,
what's a penis?" Billy's mom says, "Billy! Don't ask me questions like
that! Go ask your father." So Billy runs off and finds his father,
reading the afternoon paper. Billy asks his father, "Dad, what's a
penis?" Billy's father seems quite pleased with his son's question. "Ah,
my son is becoming a man!" Billy's father stands up,
undoes his pants, pulls them and his underwear down. "This, my son,
this is a penis," says Billy's father. "And for your information, this
is not just
any old penis. This is a 'perfect' penis." Now fully informed, Billy
returns to school the next day. At recess Jimmy approaches
Billy. "Hey, Billy, did you find out what a penis is?" "Yeah, I
did," Billy says, and leads Jimmy back behind some tress where no
one can see them. Billy undoes his pants, pulls them and his underwear
down and says, "Jimmy, this is a penis. And not only
that: if it were three inches shorter, it would be a 'perfect' penis."

Now that is just too damned funny!!!

Madtanker03's photo
Mon 08/11/08 04:33 AM
alcohol causes a loss of inhibitions. people are more based in 'reality' when they are drunk. although it is a pseudoreality, there are several issues a drunk person will honestly address when they wouldn't while sober...

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:55 AM
I am real from day one... and I dont need anyone's approval, unfortunately most cannot handle it, but the ones that can... love is very powerful then.

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:53 AM

The perfect guy/girl for you but then she/he started bringing up things about YOU that THEY didn't like..and actually asked you to change them..would you do it?huh

There is a small amount of give and take in any relationship, however if the person feels the need to ask you to change who you are at a fundamental level, then they are not right for you, and you will get lost in the relationship if you try to change who you are and let them define you!

Madtanker03's photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:51 AM
Love is a word, marraige is a sentence...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12